The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #41
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Fea - Fea has proven herself to be very good at this role, and besides, I'd rather have her on my side. For once I'd know what the heck she's playing at. Besides, I think people have gotten to a point where they mostly suspect her for being her, rather than for reasons.
Actually, there's a good chance you still would have no idea what I was doing. Unless Day PMs were allowed, in which case I'd keep you up to date with my most recent random plan of self-serving. Actually, I'm thinking I'd most prefer the role of Bear. I don't remember who gave me it, but boy would that be my favorite game. It very much appeals to my sense of the universe revolving around me. Not having to work with people... "If you want something done right, do it yourself." It would be a lark, casting suspicion on everyone, wolf and villager alike, and playing solely for my own amusement. Cough... wait... I think I might already do that. That's probably not good.

Quote:
He may even make a save. (Am I the only one who's ever done that? I haven't paid much attention to the recent games.)
I made one (almost two... *kicks self*) in Glirdy's WWJI.

My dream team... is still the same as it was before. Only I'd like to add Underhill to it as a wolf. I know I already have three wolves on my dream team... but we ended up with four in Mith's game. It could happen again. And I rather think he'd make an incredible bad guy.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #42
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
Actually, I'm thinking I'd most prefer the role of Bear. I don't remember who gave me it, but boy would that be my favorite game.
*Ahem* I'll accept the credit.
Quote:
Phantom, sweetheart, this may be a kick in the Shire for your ego but I do not eagerly devour every word you write . The mainstream WW games have become so Dickensian in length that I have stopped trying to follow them completely - I just dip in. I see the page number increase, and daunted, sigh and flip to crazy captions which suit my attention span better.
I think I'll take partial credit for this too, I have an obsession to reply to everything said. Basically I'm saying I like the chatty games. It's no fun when everyone just drags their feet.
Old 10-28-2005, 05:49 PM   #43
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Well, I must say it's extremely flattering to make Dream Teams after just one game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
I'd like to add Underhill to it as a wolf. I know I already have three wolves on my dream team... but we ended up with four in Mith's game. It could happen again. And I rather think he'd make an incredible bad guy.
I take this as high praise indeed, coming from a player with your reputation. I fancy I might make a good run as a villager of the lupine persuasion.
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2005, 03:06 AM   #44
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill
Well, I must say it's extremely flattering to make Dream Teams after just one game.
Can I be so hopeful as to read this as Don't worry, I'll be joining another game soon?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:24 AM   #45
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White-Hand Be revived, o thread!

2 Mods
4 Wolves
1 Cursed Villager
1 Wolf-Cobbler
3 Lovers (one is Cobbler)
1 Hunter
1 Ranger
1 Seer
1 Assassin
1 Ghost
12 Ordos

Mods: Two mods makes the game more interesting. In this game the mods are allowed to comment on the Daily discussion at any time.
Diamond18 knows the players quite well and can write beautiful stuff. Will be witty and stingy at Days keeping complete stupidness at bay, but will give wonderful death narrations that will make dying worth it leaving everybody interested with the game even after they themselves have been "removed".
Nilpaurion Felagund will bring crazy randomness and make the players wonder why is he around??. Players who haven't played with him will have cold sweat trickling down their backs and will generally feel uncomfortable and unsafe. And in any case I want to see his divided persona myself.

Wolves: Four normal Wolves, a Cursed Villager and a Wolf-Cobbler. The Wolf-Cobbler may discuss normally with the other Wolves and is on the side of the Innocents. The Wolves may at any moment (Even at Day. Two messages are enough.) try to get rid of WC by sending the Mods a PM that they want to kill one of their pack. If they kill the WC, the WC loses.
Together the pack would be capable of planning crazy stuff and actually playing it through. They will device a code language that will allow them to plan actions also by Day.
Normal Wolves:
Gil-Galad is a sneaky and smart Wolf. The role would keep him interested in the game. And anyway, I like him as a Wolf. Will survive nearly to the very end and then by lynched through the Cobbler's campaing.
Nerwen is a great Wolf who has enough authority to affect the Daily discussion, but isn't too loud to be Dreamt of early. Too sensible to be lynched - although for some reason is quite often. This time she'll be killed by Dury somewhere around midgame.
Aganzir is either a Wolf, or a Cobbler under any other title but the Wolf, or not in the game at all. She'd probably kill the mod if she was the WC. Calm to the very end and capable of turning the discussion. Quite possibly will survive to the end and win together with Rikae
Macalaure would be the generally trusted loudmouth Wolf who would - with good luck - control the Daily discussion to his liking. In this game he will do exactly that for the first three Days.
Wolf-Cobbler:
Rune Son of Bjarne a moderately unnoticed and unlistened Wolf who sounds honest and genuine. He will be the sneaky agent who will be noticed by the Cobbler who'll agonize on not being able to tell the other Wolves about his betrayal. Will be too busy and bored that he'll be ignored by everyone, including by the Wolves, but on Day6 people will wonder why he's still alive and lynch him.
Cursed Villager:
Rikae sensible to the bone, however sometimes too annoyed to let her thoughts lead her actions. She will do something crazy on Day1 after which she'll be trusted later. On Day2 and 3 she'll keep the discussion around a sensible topic and the Innocents from killing each other for bad reasons. She'll suspect Mac on Day3 and nearly get him lynched. On Night4 Mac will try to kill her as a bluff, joins team and sees how she brought the Wolves into a hard situation while Ordo. Mac gets lynched on Day4.

The Lovers: The usual drama: One in between, one good guy on one side and a bad one on the other. If middle-lover dies, the others die. If both others die, middle-lover dies.
Good Cowboy:
Legate of Amon Lanc will write novel-sized posts expressing his sensible opinion on everything. Pure and humble at first, he'll be suspected of being too friendly. Later in the game he'll be corrupted by Noggie and will become quite stingy with his sensibility. Will be the first one to notice SPM's evil directions, but will be killed at Night before he gets his campaing through.
Saloon Dancer:
Nogrod is the kind leader and will awaken people on Day1 by threatening to lynch the quiet ones. He will write novel-sized posts at Night with both Legate and SPM. He'll be so excited that he'll forget to sleep and will be too tired to concentrate at Day. He'll make a few wolf-lover-slips and will be lynched, but only after Legate dies.
Evil Desperado:
The Saucepan Man is equally prone to writing novel-sized posts. The natural Cobbler. After Nogrod will be getting some suspicion, he'll become the new leader, but will - unfortunately to all - die along with Noggie who doesn't want to reveal that SPM is the Cobbler before Legate is killed because he enjoys their Nightly discussions too much. While he's alive he'll be mildly annoyed that there are so many roles in the game and that there are over 21 players.

Gifteds: Since there are loads of baddies in the game, there is a nice cast of Gifteds to counter them. They may not PM with each other and will suspect each other a lot, because the roles aren't revealed in the beginning of the game and so the Gifteds won't believe that there are so many other Gifteds along with themselves.
Assassin: The Assissin may kill one person per Night.
Durelin has a good eye on spotting the Wolves. She is calm and will both stay away from being lynched and will be
confident enough to kill. Will kill an Ordo or two and generally quite safe Nerwen somewhere around midgame. Next Night after that her Gift will be stolen by Eomer.
Hunter: The Hunter is the original non-logical Hunter that may kill one person when killed emself.
Feanor of the Peredhil will tell amusing stories about her lynch so that all the old school players will want to keep her alive for the first Days. However this time everybody, even she herself, will have good reason to lynch her - no doubt this is done very wittily. She'll be lynched on Day5 after leading a nearly successful - but only half-serious - campaing against tp and will - unfortunately - hunt Sally - whom she doesn't believe about being unkillable.
Seer:
Valier will have unbelievably correct hunches about the Wolves and will actually Dream of Mac on Night2. She'll have some difficulties in showing her ideas to the whole village Will be killed on Night5, at the same time as she Dreamt about Rune. Otherwise she'll be a big surprise to everyone.
Ranger:
randomnoob85 is the first timer of the game as there simply must be at least one first timer in each good game. He'll suspect tp, Fea and Sally for the whole duration of the game. Successfully protects Boro on Night2 after which revolves between Brin, Kath and Lommy. By a miracle survives to the end and gets hooked to WW for life.
Thief: May try to Steal another Gifted's Gift during Night, after which he may use it.
Eomer of the Rohirrim (Cailín) will amuse everyone by their doubled persona. However they will be very close to being lynched on the very first Day. They will successfully Steal Dury's Gift. On the next Day Nilp will make an unfortunate slip after which the Wolves will see that Eomer/Cailín are up to no evil and kill them.
Ghost: The Ghost can't be killed in any way. She's on the side of the Innocents, but doesn't count in the tally.
Sally will be cheerful about her role and talk very crazy nonsense a lot of the time. Somehow she'll avoid being lynched on the first Days. One Day4 or so she'll reveal her role. Fea will try to hunt her on Day5. Generally Sally will be tossing suspicions at every direction and suggesting wild plans - of which one is suprisingly and scarily accurate. Nobody will listen to her idea, but for some time people will be most amused.

Ordos:
A Little Green is smart, but will get annoyed by the loudmouth Ordos. She'll be the first to see Noggie's slips, will concentrate on Brin and Lhuna on the following Days. She'll be killed at Night at the end.
Mormegil will be very right about most things, but won't be able to convince people to trust him. He'll be regarded quite suspicious for the whole game and will be lynched in the last Days.
Boromir88 will have an interesting conversation with the other loudmouths on Day1. Because of some surprising RL stuff he'll leave early. Is attacked by the Wolves on Night2, but is protected by randomnoob85. Is killed on Night3.
Brinniel will be unbelieavably right about just about everyone's role. Her long analyses will be overlooked. She'll survive to the last Day and vote for Aganzir, but will be lynched herself instead.
Anguirel will have a long fight with tp and Roa. He'll want to lynch Rikae, but is lynched for framing her.
Isabellkaya starts out promissingly and is excited, but is killed on Night1.
Kath will stay away from the spotlights in this game. After a few analyses she will however be the one to suspect Mac and Rikae. She'll manage to survive to the end, although is close to being killed because of her IC craziness when Legate and Noggie are revealed to be Lovers.
Lhunardawen will concentrate on staying IC and will do something funny with Nilp after which she is killed by Dury.
Roa_Aoife will suspect Fea from the very beginning and will have a fight with SPM and the other loudmouths in general. After a few careless votes she'll also be killed by Dury.
the phantom will be very arrogant, to the amusement of Fea, morm, Noggie, Aganzir and nearly everybody else except for Lommy, Lily, random, Legate and all else who aren't included in "everybody else". Even though there is always a discussion going on about what people should do with him, he somehow survives to the end and because of being flattered by Aganzir lynches Brin. (Just imagine how much temptation I just resisted when I didn't put tp as the Wolf.)
Thinlómien is a natural Ordo. She'll have a heated quarrel with Noggie, Aganzir and in the end with Lily who gets annoyed with Lommy's quarreling. For some reason people decide that her death would reveal much and lynch her.
Shasta will sneak around the game and bring forth a few interesting points after which he's suspected for thinking like a Wolf. He stays safe from being lynched and is killed on one of the very last Nights.

Last edited by Volo; 06-08-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 AM   #46
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I strongly object against putting words "lover" and "Legate" closer than two posts between each other. Including quotes.

EDIT: *points up* What? Switched traffic lights?
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 07:36 AM   #47
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I strongly object against putting words "lover" and "Legate" closer than two posts between each other. Including quotes.

*Traffic lights*

EDIT: *points up* What? Switched traffic lights?

Old 06-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #48
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post
Diamond18 knows the players quite well and can write beautiful stuff. Will be witty and stingy at Days keeping complete stupidness at bay, but will give wonderful death narrations that will make dying worth it leaving everybody interested with the game even after they themselves have been "removed".
Aw shucks!

I do love writing the death scenes.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #49
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
Shasta will sneak around the game and bring forth a few interesting points after which he's suspected for thinking like a Wolf. He stays safe from being lynched and is killed on one of the very last Nights.
Lovely.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #50
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Macalaure would be the generally trusted loudmouth Wolf who would - with good luck - control the Daily discussion to his liking. In this game he will do exactly that for the first three Days.
Sweet.

I'd like to remark, however, that I am not a loudmouth when evil (unless I'm forced to be because some weird people suspect me) - I'm very comfortable with just watching the ordos slay each other.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #51
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Ghost: The Ghost can't be killed in any way. She's on the side of the Innocents, but doesn't count in the tally.
Sally will be cheerful about her role and talk very crazy nonsense a lot of the time. Somehow she'll avoid being lynched on the first Days. One Day4 or so she'll reveal her role. Fea will try to hunt her on Day5. Generally Sally will be tossing suspicions at every direction and suggesting wild plans - of which one is suprisingly and scarily accurate. Nobody will listen to her idea, but for some time people will be most amused.

Aw, thanks....I think.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:06 AM   #52
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Lhunardawen will concentrate on staying IC and will do something funny with Nilp after which she is killed by Dury.
How can there be Lovers and not make me one?
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:21 AM   #53
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
How can there be Lovers and not make me one?
Have I played with you as a Lover?
Old 06-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #54
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
and because of being flattered by Aganzir lynches Brin
What?! So I lost the game for the village!?

Well, I do hope I didn't sell out for just a standard ego-stroking from Aganzir. She better have been extremely flattering! No simple little "you're cute and smart" compliment could be enough to erase the shame of killing my village. Indeed, I feel absolutely terrible if her flattery was anything short of "You are a god and I must have your children!"

If she said that then no harm done. It's worth an innocent life or two to hear that.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #55
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
If she said that then no harm done. It's worth an innocent life or two to hear that.
I'll bear that in mind when I next play with you and want to get someone lynched.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
I'll bear that in mind when I next play with you and want to get someone lynched.
Oh, there's no need to wait till then m'dear. Go ahead and begin the flattery and start building up credit immediately. Honestly, I won't mind at all.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #57
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Oh, there's no need to wait till then m'dear. Go ahead and begin the flattery and start building up credit immediately. Honestly, I won't mind at all.
I am only afraid that if I started it now it wouldn't have the desired effect when really needed. You would have time to get used to it.

You see, maybe you should start playing werewolf more actively?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:35 AM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
You see, maybe you should start playing werewolf more actively?
Yeah, sure... Now that you know my weakness you want me to play more often.
Quote:
You would have time to get used to it.
You don't know that. Maybe I would, but maybe if you varied your compliments enough they'd stay fresh for me.

I really think we ought to test it before coming to any hasty conclusions.
Old 06-23-2008, 02:09 PM   #59
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Yeah, sure... Now that you know my weakness you want me to play more often.
Phantom, you're cute and smart, come play werewolf so that I can flatter you more!

I suppose I should do also something else than chat, so here's my dream team.

3 wolves
3 gifteds
1 cobbler
8 villagers

Mod: Nogrod. He is a dedicated one who writes lovely narrations.

Wolves:
Aganzir. Because I love it and would of course want to be a wolf in my "perfect game".
sally. It was so much fun being her fellow wolf, and I think she makes a great wolf. I would definitely want to be in her pack again. One can expect anything from her, and people already know better than to suspect her for the crazy things she says.
Nilp. I loved all the crazy ideas he came up with in the last game. Only a pity that our common wolvery didn't last that long then. He looks innocent and can slip under the radar pretty well.

Cobbler: Rikae. Somehow I think she would enjoy the role, and she might be quite good at it, too. She's trusted by many and is also a likely candidate for an early dream, but hey, that just means the seer has one night less to catch a wolf. Also, if she was the cobbler, my chances of survival would probably improve greatly.

Seer: Rune. I'm interested to see how he would play that role.

Ranger: Saucie. I miss playing with him, and although I haven't seen him as a ranger, I think he'd make a good one.

Hunter: Nerwen. I don't think she has ever been one before, and I'd be quite interested to see how she would make it. Besides, she seems to have a tendency to get killed rather early, either by wolves or lynching, and that would just fit the role well.

Villagers:
Lommy. She prefers being an ordo and it's funny to play with her. She makes good cases, and despite being wrong every now and then they are scarily accurate at times.
Ka. We need to have someone not to kill, you see. I like playing with her, and although she's not on the wolf list, I would definitely want to be a wolf with her, too. If I wasn't playing she could replace me as a wolf. She's a creepy one. Though her posts are funny to read also when she's innocent.
Fea. She hasn't played for a long time and is nice to play with.
Mac. It would be amusing to see what happened if he was an ordo and Rikae the cobbler. Which one would get the other killed first?
Mith. A good player who hasn't played too much recently. And her posts are funny.
Durelin. I think the only time I have played with innocent her was the first day of the last game, and she was scary.
Brinn. I need to have someone to frame. Seriously though, every single time I've been a wolf in a game we've played together, I have fabricated a case on Brinn. She has also been keen on suspecting me.
Boro. Eeek he's scary!

And there are so many others I could have included, but I decided to keep the number in 15.