The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2004, 05:35 PM   #41
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morai has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Silmaril

Quote:
if aragorn and arwen were kids, i'm sure aragorn's going to pick the flowers from a random shrub in rivendell and give it arwen... arwen the kid's reaction? aaaaaaaAAAAAACCCHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!
I can just see those two on Valentines Day!
Aragon and Arwen would be sitting in class, their special little "mail boxes" all made, ready to recieve valentines and candy.
Aragon would cautiously tip-toe over to Arwen's desk, wait until she wasn't paying attention and sneak a valentine into her paper mail box.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:15 PM   #42
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Miriel Undomiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Miriel Undomiel
A short kid with beard? Weird....
Old 02-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #43
Vanwatholiel

Location: In a dark corner of my mind. Don't look at me like that! I never liked you anyway. Stop staring!
Vanwatholiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vanwatholiel
Silmaril lotr kids!

This is gonna sound so lame, but... -
Arwen always got her haired pulled, and

someone pulled a prank on Leggy and threw a water balloon at him. Bullseye. Leggy looks like a drowned rat! lol So lame.

Bilbo got in trouble for bringing pipe weed to school and smoking it in the boys bathroom.

Gimli's beard gets declared a national hazard zone, and a national safety device. He hides in it during tornados. When children walk by him, they disappear. Strangely enough, his beard grows twice the rate it normally does when kids vanish.

Sauron secretly joined the art club.

Gandalf got seriously injured tripping over his long cloak. It was Saruman's spare one. He forgot his.

Haldir got suspended a lot for fighting and bringing daggers to school. Sauron irritated him.

Merry and Pippin made up a club, and they set their club house on fire by launching a rocket in it by accident.
Vanwatholiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 05:20 PM   #44
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via MSN to Morai Send a message via Yahoo to Morai Send a message via Skype™ to Morai
Legolas, Gimli, and Aragorn would get in trouble for bringing their weapons to school.

Tom Bomadil would constantly get sent to time out for singing in the middle of class. Though he did well in music class and choir.

I think Elrond would be one of those kids who thinks he knows everything. He would spend his lunch hour arguing with the Principle or the cafeteria lady.
Old 02-20-2004, 08:27 PM   #45
Elianna
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elianna has just left Hobbiton.
Celeborn would always be watching his grandfather Elmo on Seaseme Street. (no kidding, grab Unfinished Tales, his name is Elmo!!)
Elianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 09:17 PM   #46
Sakalaru

umm... this gonna be stupid but..

Frodo- a quiet little hobbit always reading a book, maybe like the class brains or something.

Sam- studying biology and reading about plants, or spending alot of time under trees during play-time.

Merry and Pippin- would be playing jokes on everyone and doing things equivalent to unscrewing the cabinet hinges and pouring milk over the floor to help 'clean up'. maybe greasing the monkey bars.

Legolas- quiet, quiet, quiet... and using dwarf-shaped targets for practice.

Gimli- swinging an axe around and dreaming of beating up dragons (Smaug) and elves.

Aragorn, Elladan, and Elrohir- running around playing pranks on eachother and generally terrorizing the good elves/people of Rivendell

Gandalf, Saruman, Sauron- scary.... were they ever little to begin with? I bet they were 'born' old or something... But if they were little, they would be tiny terrors- worse than aragorn, the twins, or the hobbits.

Eomer and Eowyn- Eowyn always wants to play with Eomer and the rest and gets ignored so she goes and grabs her own play sword and beats them all up until they let her play with them

Arwen- would be daddy's little girl and an overdramatic - (arwen hater, sorry) of course, if she followed the books, she might be a bit more tolerable. I imagine she would keep getting mad at her father and going off to lorien to complain to granny.

Elrond and Glorfindel- would play up the 'balrog-slayer' thing alot, even though he didn't do it. he'd get mad everytime Elrond came around and said very pointedly that Glorfindel was lying and many little elves would get bored with Elrond's following speech about the history of the elves on ME
Old 02-21-2004, 07:59 AM   #47
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

Poor Faramir... He would always do nice things so he'd be loved by his father, but Boromir ended up with getting the credit and all the love...

When Denethor was a kid, he'd wet his bed every night. You know what they say: If you play with matches, you'll wet your bed at night.
Old 02-21-2004, 08:18 AM   #48
Ellwyn
Animated Skeleton

Ellwyn has just left Hobbiton.
A little off-topic (and I will get back ON topic after this), but do you think they would have different classes than the modern school? i.e. swordfighting, target practice, horse riding? Anyway....

I thought that was quite funny, Kransha, about Treebeard being an acorn. hehehehehehehehe....

Faramir would definitely be the quite kid reading and Boromir would always deny that they were brothers infront of his friends (kind of hard to do though, eh?) and kids might be scared of Boromir because he would be the future Steward.

Elrond as a kid would be a kind of sci-fi geek but without the sci-fi.. you get my meaning? And he would be proclaiming the future doom of the world and kids would back away slowly....
'Too often have I heard of duty. But am I not of the House of Eorl, a shieldmaiden and not a dry-nurse? I have waited on faltering feet long enough. Since they falter no longer, it seems, may I not now spend my life as I will?' - Éowyn
Ellwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 02:48 AM   #49
Ar-Wilson the Mighty

The Eye

Sauron would have fallen in with all the bad kids at school-

Melkor- "Hey Sauron, can I let you in on a little secret"

Sauron- "Yeah!, What is it?"

Melkor- "Well tonight me and Ungoliant are gonna kill those trees over there, if you dont tell anyone Ill let you play with my Angband toy set"
Old 02-22-2004, 02:26 PM   #50
Angry Brandybuck
Haunting Spirit

Angry Brandybuck has just left Hobbiton.
Merry and Pippin (or as they prefer to be known, The Mez-Master and Pipster) would be those two kids who do that thing where one goes on his hands and knees behind your legs and the other pushes you over while pretending to talk to you.

(not the most eloquent thing I've ever written but you try explaining it!)
Old 02-22-2004, 10:55 PM   #51
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ever seen Holy Grail?

I imagine him as that prince...

Legsie: I just want to....SING!!!!!

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:18 PM   #52
warrenerd
Animated Skeleton

warrenerd has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to warrenerd
Silmaril

i think gimli would've been the kind of baby that's so ugly he's cute. eowyn would definitely be the rebellious teenager. aragorn would be quiet and stern even as a child, i think. legolas? hmm... he's so old, i can't even imagine. frodo, of course, would always be running about the shire, pretending to be on adventures. sam would be playing in the garden, dreaming of the day when he would have his own. merry and pip... well, i think we all know; they were practically children when they were first introduced anyway. that's all that i can imagine. great thread, though. interesting posts.
Old 03-01-2004, 12:29 AM   #53
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Amariden Ravenhill has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally posted by Naz
I gotta draw this now! A bunch of lil Rohirrim riding four wheelers, Eomer leading.. Eowyn running to keep up behind them going "Hey wait! HEY WAAIT!"

[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Awwww....that's cool, Naz!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spamhobbit1.jpg (12.5 KB, 493 views)

Utúlie'n aurë! Aiya Eldalië ar Atanatári, utúlie'n aurë!
Amariden Ravenhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #54
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

The picture I posted is it for a wallpaper I made.......

Old 03-01-2004, 09:20 AM   #55
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

*Ever seen Holy Grail?

I imagine him as that prince...

Legsie: I just want to....SING!!!!!*
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! That's priceless; I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Radagast would be the kid who volunteers to work at an aviary and always has bird droppings on his robes.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:46 AM   #56
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Elrond would definitely be a major pessimist and run around screaming "DOOM!!!!" at the top of his lungs.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 10:01 PM   #57
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots

Quote:
Elrond would definitely be a major pessimist and run around screaming "DOOM!!!!" at the top of his lungs.
I could see that. Perhaps Morgoth would be that defiant gothic kid, you know, fake tears on his cheeks, always wearing black. He would always do the strange projects, even if it meant disobeying the teachers orders.
Old 03-04-2004, 01:31 PM   #58
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

I imagine Boromir, Aragorn and even Legolas as the school pranksters, yet they're the kids who make very loyal, awesome friends......

Hmmm....it appears Boromir never grew out of the pranking phase (yes.....I made this.....)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg the prankster of gondor01.jpg (20.1 KB, 491 views)

Old 03-04-2004, 07:08 PM   #59
Miriel Undomiel
Wight

What about Gollum? If he got a new pencil from the teacher, he'd run around hissing: ''She gave it to uss.... Yes...yess...So bright..so beautiful...my preciousss!!!!''
Old 03-04-2004, 11:36 PM   #60
Amariden Ravenhill
Wight

Ah...good idea!

Old 07-11-2004, 09:54 AM   #61
Elven Hunter
Animated Skeleton

Elven Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
this is weird haha..

I can imagine Gimli and Legolas competing against each other, stepping on ants and then Gimli suddenly says "Hey, That doesn't count as one".

Merry and Pippin picking on the tomboyish Eowyn.

Frodo's milk bottle is being taken by Smeagol and Sam comes to the rescue.

Bilbo always writing in his private diary.

Elrond being the studious type always telling others how low their IQ is.

Saruman playing barbie and bragging that someday he will rule the world.

Gandalf reading fairy tale books where he learned his magic. (Bipiti Bopiti Boo -Cinderella)

Denethor creating sand castles.

Aragorn with a wooden sword playing "Three Musketeers" with Boromir and Faramir.
Elven Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:02 AM   #62
Nimrothiel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Nimrothiel has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

*Saruman playing barbie and bragging that someday he will rule the world.*
Roflmao!!!! Hahahaha....sorry, *gasp*...hahahahahahahaha!!!!! Oh, the image is priceless and we lovesss it, yesss we doesss my preciousssss.

(I'm so happy, I bought the wall mounted replica of "Sting!")
Old 07-11-2004, 11:34 AM   #63
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yeah Leggie would be a fat, spotty kid with glasses who would turn up in sixthform three stone lighter with contact lenses and evidence of a clearasil addiction....

Arwen would have been a prissy princess (but excellent at needlework) very wilful - and spoilt because everyone was so sorry about what happened to her mother. Her best friend would be a rather plain girl who made her look even better and although most of the other girls found her annoying they would have tried to make friends cos they fancied her brothers...... who were just to cool to take any notice of them..
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 11:35 AM   #64
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

~ How about Denethor going crazy in the gym by picking up all the volleyballs and trying to see something in them ( haha palantir)
~ Legolas always looking in his loker mirror
~ Smeagol taking all the girls jewelry
~ Merry and Pippin puting woopy cushions everywhere
~ Boromir blaming everything on Faramir
~ Gandalf showing off all the cool shapes he can blow bubbles into
~ Saruman with pink nailpolish
~ Sam always giving flowers to Rosie
~ Sauron always trying to perfect his plans to take over ME
~ Elrond telling everybody the exact day the earth will end
~ Aragorn under Arwen`s balcony and Arwen saying " Aragorn, Aragorn, where art thou Aragorn" and him trying to throw her a rose but its to far and he ends up climing a tree to give it to her, ending the romantic moment
Well then.......ahh.....thats all I can think of, maybe Ill get more later.
Old 07-11-2004, 11:37 AM   #65
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aragorn, would have been one of those little kids who always get filthy and scream blue murder when you try to bath them.......

Faramir, would have always been trying to escape to the library while his father would be always sending him on out of bound courses and teaching him to swim by throwing him in the river ....
Old 07-11-2004, 11:38 AM   #66
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Somehow I think that Feanor may have been the very first to utter the immortal words "It's my ball and I'm going home now" ........ and the others would always have had to play his game,
to his rules.....
Old 07-11-2004, 01:48 PM   #67
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420! Lemonade anyone?

Aragorn would always walk around the play ground in a dark cloak, despite the school dress code, and would frequently visit the Prancing Pony Lemonade stand.

Pippin and Merry would come too, and ask for their lemonade in pints. Then Pippin would get hyper and out of control after having too much sugar in his drink.
Old 07-16-2004, 05:30 AM   #68
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElenCala Isil
What about Frodo? I could see him as a little tike who cries his eyes out at the sight of big cloaked figures and very large birds..
And as for Sauron... he'd be that kid who likes to torture his toys.. and have a gang who goes and bullies little kids... but secretly he has a soft side and an affection for jewelry [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: ElenCala Isil ]
i can see sauron as the sid guy in toy story, or andy when woody was kidnapped(toy story 2)

Gandalf as a teenager.... that's different.
Boromir as a kid who impresses his daddy, Faramir jealous....
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #69
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting Bullies and more!

Lobeila would constantly follow Bilbo around, teasing him and insisting on his lunch money daily on the playground.

Legolas and Gimli would always compete in Gym class. "That STILL only counts as one!"
Old 07-16-2004, 08:20 PM   #70
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Legolas and Gimli would always compete in Gym class. "That STILL only counts as one!"
That was Gimli's reply as Legolas rained in three-pointer after three-pointer over him while he only managed the occasional layup.

Sauron was constently in the principal's office for reported ring-thieving (only the little kiddie plastic ones of course, they all start small).

Saruman got in trouble for cursing when he couldn't get up the stairs thanks to his XXL cloak (only those who've watched the extended commentary stuff would get this one ).

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 07-17-2004 at 07:17 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 11:31 AM   #71
Morai
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting Breaking the Rules

Just about anyone would get in trouble for bringing weapons to school. I can see Gandalf whining (yes whining) "You wouldn't take an old man's staff?"

Then the vice principal would reply "You don't look like an old man to me, you're only in the 3rd grade!"
Old 07-18-2004, 06:38 PM   #72
Vanwatholiel

Location: In a dark corner of my mind. Don't look at me like that! I never liked you anyway. Stop staring!
Vanwatholiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Vanwatholiel
Silmaril

OMG! Everone's is hilarious! Good job. Um.. drawing a blank right now ::gasp!:: Morgoth is on a wedgie rampage! Help! I dont think I will be able to use the bathroom any more. Sorry TMI. just wanted to try out my new Avatar. Isn't it positively luscious? Ok sorry im gone. Lovin Leggy!

Namarie!

Last edited by Vanwatholiel; 07-18-2004 at 06:44 PM.
Vanwatholiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 05:04 AM   #73
yavanna II

yavanna II has just left Hobbiton.
eLROND: an AUTHISTIC kid in the corners who predicts the future
Galadriel: a cute girl but very ambitious & nerdy and everytime there's a quiz....."i passed the test....."
Sam: Best in Botany kid, hated by all coz of his bugging Mr Frodo [or suspected a gay!!!}

Sauron : kid always losing his glasses oand/or cracking his contact lenses

Gollum: Everyday's my birthhhhdaaaaaay.....
yavanna II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2004, 10:22 AM   #74
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Gandalf at home making fire cracker

mom comes in " Gandalf you'll never get anywhere if all you do is play with fire"

Balrog aas a child out in the the forest by the river

"i'm hot I'll go take a swim!"
mom "Edward Isaac Balrog don't take nother stgep toweards that water!"
Old 07-22-2004, 11:43 AM   #75
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Why do mothers go for the full name when they are trying to stop you in your tracks.... I was always known by the short form of my name but then every so often it would be the full 4 syllables + middle name + surname ="What do you think you're doing?"

I think Elf princes are all budding delinquents - they either have to find their own realm or kick around half hoping Daddy will be murdered or slain in battle so they can be top dog.... I reckon that Thranduil asked Elrond to get Leggie out of the way for a while to stop him moping around the palace being bored and that the Dunedain had to take on Elladan and Elrohir in return for all that free board and lodging and fostering of their dependents.... I always think there is something a bit sinister about those boys...they should have gopt ovbert dressing alike a couple of millenia previously and it may be coincidental that chieftains of the Dunedain tend to meet unfortunate ends in their company but I think it is displacement activity....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 07-22-2004, 03:45 PM   #76
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree The greatest tree in the forest...

Quote:
Treebeard the acorn
I couldn't resist!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg babytreebeard.jpg (11.9 KB, 491 views)
Old 05-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #77
Morgoth's Apprentice
Animated Skeleton

Location: In Angband, chillin with Morgoth and learning how to take over the world
Morgoth's Apprentice has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Morgoth's Apprentice
Dark-Eye

LOTR characters as children.,..ouch.

Sauron would be the kid who always likes to stare at everybody.
The Mouth of Sauron never brushed his teeth when he was little.
Morgoth was the one kid everyone else's parents used to scare them with.
All 9 of the Nazgul formed a screamo band that went horribly wrong.
Gollum was one of those people who never got what he wanted then was probably arrested numerous times for thievery. He evidently picked up a passion for rings while in prison.

Thats what I got right now.
Morgoth's Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote