The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-12-2007, 02:45 PM   #1
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What brings out the Gollum in you?

I had a real Gollum moment yesterday.
I thought I'd lost my memory stick. I was frantic. I turned everything upside down. I paced the floor. I called out, Oh No!! What shall I do!!
Then, I finally found it, on the floor of the car under the drivers seat. I was so relieved that I kissed it. Several times.
Then I realised, chastened in the wake of this hysteria, that my memory stick really is my precioussss. For example, I am often in the habit of putting my hand into my bag to caress it, just to make sure it is there.

What is your preciouss?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:00 PM   #2
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think I'm with you on this one

http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...&postcount=772

And I couldn't find mine yesterday either (now safely located)

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 03:01 PM   #3
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
My memory stick, also. It contains the remnants of my computer before it crashed, basicly most of my achievements, I wouldn't want to lose it.
Old 10-12-2007, 03:12 PM   #4
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
What's with all the memory sticks? Did anyone forge the Memory Sticks of Power and sent them out into the world or what? Do you see what are you doing? That's not fun: you are Gollums!!!

Now, you had your memory sticks for quite a long time! Leave them be, it's for your own good!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:26 AM   #5
smeagollives
Animated Skeleton

smeagollives has just left Hobbiton.
sorry to be serious pn a not so serious topic.

I do not know if this is good or bad...
My doctor put me on an antidepressant. It was the first one ever to work that well for me.... and i realized i got really really "obsessed" over it.
I controll several times a day if i really still have enough of it. I carry it with me all the time.
I really do not know if i am in the process of getting adicted to it.
smeagollives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 AM   #6
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Probably chocolate...it all hasss to be minessss!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm not familiar with the term 'memory stick' hmm I wonder if that's the same thing as a 'flashdrive' or 'jumpdrive' as we call it in the States.

My precioussss was Starbucks , but since I'm forbidden from caffiene I have replaced Starbucks with that delicious Werther's candy...(which has now caused me to be called 'gramps.')
Old 10-13-2007, 03:31 PM   #8
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.The Might is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh yes Werther's...I often sneak into my grandpa's kitchen when he#s away since I know he always keeps some in a drawer.
Guess that really makes me Gollum-like. But it is mine!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:59 PM   #9
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
My watch.
I have had several over the years so it's not a particular one but I have to have my watch. I have to know what time it is. I wear it to bed most nights so it has to be glow in the dark hands or at least press a button for light (loved when indiglos got invented) has to be a face- I hate digitals.

It has to be a buckle, leather or fake leather band, medium size, water proof-when I go swimming or shower.
The kinda weird thing is I have always put it on my right hand, I'm right handed. I think that came about when I was in school. I'm writing and I just have to glance at my wrist instead of the time consuming task of looking at my left hand.

I remember my first watch...momma would not let me have one until I learned to tell time, not even a digital(that's cheating) and it took forever. Finally, on my 8th birthday when I could tell time my grandmother gave me a watch. All white, leather band with buckle, digital (she didn't know any better), oval shaped face with gold print around the edge that looked like braid...the obsession began.

I hate when it gets lost. I do have clocks everywhere in my house (3 in the kitchen, 2 in the living room etc) but if my watch gets lost, I will tear apart everything to find it, I have to have my security band on.

I don't get bent out of shape if I'm late for something and I'm rather a laid back kind of person but I have to know what time it is at all times!

Okay, I think I've confessed enough about my craziness.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Amusingly, mine is my ring. My parents got it for me for my birthday. (And no, it was a real birthday present, not stolen.)

It is slightly large for me, I need a half size, so it's half a size to large, and this summer my finger seems to have thinned. Anyway, occasionally I will not remember where I took it off, and though I don't tear up the house for it, I definitely miss it. I will be walking along wanting to spin it with my thumb and finger, but it wont be there. It was really funny yesterday, I was about to do that, or something, but it wasn't there. I almost panicked(it has gotten frighteningly close to falling off on several occasions) but it was just a third of an inch up my finger.

When doing jobs that have proven dangerous to my ring, like gardening where it has slipped off while weeding, I put it on my necklace that I always wear. So you could say, it makes me more like movie Frodo than Gollum.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:47 AM   #11
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

I have to say my old discman was my preciousss. I had had it for years and it traveled with me to class and I would listen to it in the library while I studied. I was rarely without it. I would always check to make sure it was in my bag and if it went missing before it was time to got to class I would rather be late than go without it.

But it was old and took one too many falls on the pavement and one day it just stopped working. I was devastated and hated the idea of going out without it. Even though I've replaced it with a more "sophisticated" music holder I still look sadly over to my CD collection and wish I had that bulky old discman with me.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
Volo

I remembered that my phone is/was my other precious. After five years of usage the screen cracked... I bought a phone of the same model from my friend and all was well. For a month or two, when the second phone broke too, its screen cracked. So I bought a different model from the same friend today and now I have not the slightest idea (ok, here I lie) how to use it.

To Mordor with different mobile phone models!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM   #13
The Might
Guard of the Citadel

Know what you mean Holbytlass, I do the same.
Got a Casio watch about 3 years ago and have been constantly wearing it since. I only take it off while I sleep.
I can't do well without it, especially as I find punctuality quite important and I always fear losing the bus, so on the way to the bus station I always look at it to make sure I still have time.
In fact I know where I have to be how many minutes before the bus comes in order to make it.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:05 PM   #14
Volo

Hmm... My Protu pendant (a thing you get by going to a certain camp) is one more item I can't be without. I'm even physically attached to it: it's in my hair.

I'm actually very dependant on many items. I could probably remember where I got each of my many CDs, even my childhood toys. It's hard for me to part something I have no use to, like a toy car. Do you have this kind of Uncle Scrooge habit?

(I'm sorry if I'm going off topic.)
Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 AM   #15
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've not been able to get any of my rings on for the past two months and still can't But I check for them several times a day to make sure they are not lost!

The bare minimum contents of my handbag are: purse, keys, phone, Zen Vision, Nintendo DS, shades, biro, make up, specs, various medicines, swiss army knife. I am one of those ladies who has mastered the fine art of cramming as much as possible into one bag. In the coming days this will be added to by nappies, wipes, bottles of feed, cotton wool, clean clothes and a chariot...

If any of these things are lost or forgotten I will Go Smeagol.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 AM   #16
Morwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Morwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
The bare minimum contents of my handbag are: purse, keys, phone, Zen Vision, Nintendo DS, shades, biro, make up, specs, various medicines, swiss army knife. I am one of those ladies who has mastered the fine art of cramming as much as possible into one bag. In the coming days this will be added to by nappies, wipes, bottles of feed, cotton wool, clean clothes and a chariot...
It sounds as though you'll need to put an "extendable charm" on your bag

I guess I can be a little obsessive about my cell phone which is funny considering I resisted getting one for a long time (didn't want to be constantly accessible). Now I go nowhere without it. Since I haven't worn a watch in years the cell does double duty as a "watch".
Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM   #17
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
Amusingly, mine is my ring. My parents got it for me for my birthday.

Oh I have a ring like that - which I used to wear all the time and stopped because it was liable to slip off at the worst moments and I would have to scrabble for it under shelf units in shops and so forth. I did think it was looser sometimes that others and always just thought it was PMS but maybe it was the ring changing size!!!

Come to think of it, it does have writing around it inside and out, it was found (in a secret drawer, in a writing box with other jewellery), I coveted it like mad when it was discovered because I was already heavily into LoTR, it was passed from my grandmother to my mother who gave it to me when I went to Australia when I was 18 ....so you could say it was an heirloom of my house. And it is very precious to me (most of my jewellery has such sentimental value that I never wear any of it).

It seems I have had a Ring of Power all this time and not known.... mind you I don't seem to remember it exerting a great deal of power other than helping to ward of creeps when subtly transferred to the third finger of my left hand .. which was useful in my younger days as a female solo traveller in certain parts of the world.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM   #18
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Fascinating, Mith. A ring found in a secret drawer with inscriptions on it. I had a family heirloom of sorts - necklace charm with my name carved into it. My name has been passed from generation to generation and my Mom gavei t to me when I was fourteen or so. Unfortunate, this last summer, the chain broke, and it was lost.

I never considered it my precious, though, and never acted like Gollum over it, so I fear this doesn't entirely belong in this thread.

-- Folwren
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 AM   #19
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ring Warning. The following text may scandalize or horrify some readers.

I thought that I have nothing like that when the thread is started. "Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal" is a motto I can identify myself with, and speaking of purely material "treasures" there is hardly anything I could call like that. However, when I was younger I used to have lots of Middle-Earth collectible game cards (don't confuse with these silly LotR movie cards; the ones I have come from around half of the 90's, they were issued by Iron Crown Enterprises before they went bankrupt). Several years ago (around the time the movies came out) I ceased to care about them much (also for that new editions were not released anymore). Around that time, one of my younger brother's nassty friends stole a pack of them from me - he probably did not even know what it is, I believe he mistook them for Magic. I don't know which one of his friends it was and the cards are still lost - there were all the Items I had in that pack; all these swords and Hauberks of Bright Mail that I don't care of that much, but also my three Dwarven Rings, Glamdring, Orcrist, Palantír of Orthanc and Palantír of Elostirion and Palantír of Minas Tirith, I believe (?), well and Aiglos, yes... A few years after that, I realized that someone probably stole from me even most of the rest and I was left only with a few (well... let's say 60 or 70, but most of them were the same) silly Event cards. And all my beautiful Characters, like my fine collection of all the five Fallen-Wizards (fallen Saruman, fallen Radagast, fallen Alatar... even fallen Gandalf, yes, in the game that was possible) were gone.
But since I considered them hopelessly lost, I forgot about them, mostly, only from time to time I complained that I can't look at them. The art was beautiful, the composition of the cards, the pictures... *sigh* And a few days before, once again this feeling came on me. And tonight, I had a very vivid dream, imagining lots of the cards' names and pictures, seeing exactly how they looked like, and in the dream I pitied, oh, how could that be that you'll no longer see that... I precisely remembered how some of the cards looked like, and however odd (or dangerous) this may seem to you, it is fact that it was beautiful when I was collecting them, always opened the pack I bought and saw: "Wow! I have the Witch-King! Wow! I have Isengard!" It's the memories... well, at least you have the memories, I said to myself. No one's gonna steal you them. But it will be nice to have at least a look at them, to hold them - maybe I could find that brother's friend if he still has them, whoever it was, I could find who it was, he probably does not even care for them...
And with these thoughts I awakened to a sunny morning, and lead by an unconscious impulse, I went and opened the bed (we have a bed that you can open and inside there is a space where you can put things into. I used to place old stuff in it). I dug deep and found a large paper box - what's that? I thought - and opened it. And there they were!!! No one stole them (just that first pack, these Items, that's true, they were really stolen) - but silly me put them probably a long time ago in that box and then thought that they were lost! Oh, how happy I was! How happy I am! I have them all now with me. All the five Fallen-Wizards! All the places - Isengard, Moria, Lórien - with beautiful illustrations! Orcs, trolls - Grishnakh, Lugdush, Gorbag, Shagrat!!! Boromir, Wormtongue, Éowyn, Balin, Sam... Smaug... my seven Ringwraiths... I will put them now all in these protective card sleeves... for they... are my precious.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 08:27 AM   #20
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'd have to say my phone and memory stick/flash drive/usb drive/whatever, too, but I'm a little surprised to see no one has mentioned their computer.

If there might be anything wrong with my computer, I tend to freak.

Still, the phone is probably the biggest deal. It is my connection to a significant other three+ hours away, so...ya. I constantly check to make sure it's still wherever I last had it whenever I go anywhere... Though mostly I only take it everywhere with me because it is my major time-keeping device. I bought a watch, but....

Ah, Legate...I think I know a bit how you feel...I am a collector/pack-rat through and through. I have so many different sets of cards from various games and the like (and I never play the games), and I get a little worried if I haven't stumbled across them at all in a while, even though I never actually go looking for them... Those sound quite a bit more special than mine, though.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 11:16 AM   #21
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

At the risk of being off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
Fascinating, Mith. A ring found in a secret drawer with inscriptions on it. I had a family heirloom of sorts - necklace charm with my name carved into it. My name has been passed from generation to generation and my Mom gavei t to me when I was fourteen or so. Unfortunate, this last summer, the chain broke, and it was lost.
If the charm was lost locally you never know ...My aunt lost her wedding ring on the beach and found it there by chance a year later .. she has a habit of running her hand through the sand - which is how she lost it in the first place....
It is sad to lose something with family links which is why I am so cautious about wearing the bequests of deceased foremothers and jewellery is so personal - My excuse for not getting my mum's engagement ring altered to fit me is that I need to grow my nails to be worthy of it but really I just don't feel ready to wear it.

The engraved ring is a mourning ring and I have just remembered that another reason for stopping wearing it was becasue the hallmarks had worn so much and I wanted to look them up to see if I might be able to trace the person it is dedicated to - they give the year and place of manufacture and since the poor girl's name and age is inscribed inside there is a chance. The words round the outside are "may every blessing attend your grateful heart" - which is really much nicer than the One ring's....

Old 10-17-2007, 07:35 PM   #22
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
My laptop

It is the most valuable item I own and it is very precious to me. About a month and a half ago, my dad was helping me fix my wireless, which never worked properly, and suddenly the screen went black. Apparently, my video card had issues and finally just completely broke. The only option was to ship the computer back to the company so they could fix the problem. To make matters worse, I was flying out 3,000 miles back to college the next day. At the thought of going back to school without my laptop, I went completely gollum. For the first week at school, I had to do without a computer and for the second, I had to manage with just a rental; not exactly a fun experience. But the good news is that I finally did get my laptop back, and despite that I had to reinstall everything, I was relieved. Now that my precious is back in my arms, I never want to let it go again..
Old 10-17-2007, 08:54 PM   #23
Lord Halsar
Haunting Spirit

Location: 'Round the corner, down the well, passed the Balrog, straight to HELL!
Lord Halsar has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

My precious, eh? I think that mine are my binder (I don't know why, I don't keep anything really personal in it. I simply go berzerk when someone takes it. luckily for them, noone has tried to rummage through it or anything... they'd better hope that it stays like that...), the stand for my bass clarinet (People are always taking it when I'm not looking and calling it an 'anal-probe' which it sadly does resemble... in a somewhat-frightening way), and my most preciousss of precioussses, my copy of the Silmarillion that I carry around with me at all times, my friends have seen it so often that they call me the local 'Preist of Tolkien' and that the Silmarillion is 'My Bible'. I am 100% serious about this. I even figured out how to tell people to "Burn in Hell" in elvish (Okay, I admit, it's actually "Burn in the Abyss, but you get the point...)
Old 10-18-2007, 12:42 AM   #24
Wanderer of Light
Pile O'Bones

Wanderer of Light has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Wanderer of Light
My preciousss....... I think it is my Rubiks Cube, I tend to take it everywhere I go, and solve it everytime I got three minuts to do so., that's about the maximum time it takes me to solve it..... Also, I always get annoyed when people touch my cube.... IT'S MY CUBE, MY OWN!!!

Also, my Binas... Well, I suppose only Dutch people who took Chemistry at school know what a Binas is, so I'll have to explain it. Basicly, it's the bible of science, every possible formula one can get at school is in there!!! As it says on the front 'Het Informatieboek der Natuurwetenschappen' (The Informationbook of Science).... Basicly, you're unable to do your Chemistry homework, make Chemistry test, or do anything with Chemistry without that book . (you also use it for Physics and Biology, though a lot less).

I suppose I would also completely go insane if I lose my NIV-bible (WHICH I HAD TO IMPORT OUT OF ENGLAND!) or even worse.... my Statenvertaling (a certain Dutch bible) from somewhere between 1637 and 1657......
^ Joannis 11:25
Wanderer of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:44 AM   #25
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Despite my sentimental attachment to jewellery and panicking over my data stick (which was only cos I thought I was going to need my CV and I am getting to the stage where is hard to remember jsut what I have done with my life), the real precious, the thing I have to have and carry around is my fountain pen. All the way through my schooling I struggled with my handwriting (only when I was doing teacher training did I found out that I probably had dyspraxia) and unless I write with a decent pen my handwriting can still be pretty bad (leading to sarcastic comments that I should have been in the medical profession).

Somehow now that I so seldom have to write longhand, it becomes more important that I have my special pen -preferably the ink one but if necessary I have a goodish ball point. It does make a huge difference to the legibility and speed but I do have a psychological dependency on it and nearly had a panic attack yesterday when it wasn't in my bag and I was so relieved to find it on my desk at home.

The other thing I worry about is keys but I think that is quite reasonable since muddling up a set once nearly led to being trapped on the stairs of the office where I worked for the weekend..... which is the sort of thing that is liable ot happen to me and not to normal people.

Old 10-30-2007, 11:51 PM   #26
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

My cats. I pet them and call them precious on a daily basis.

But I suppose I ought to be talking about an object. In that case, my laptop. It has a name (no, not Precious; Frostine) and until I got internet at my apartment last week, I always carried it to work to use the wireless, so it went with me on errands and pretty much everywhere. My whole life is contained in this slim little white computer. I would be lost without it.

Forget Gollum. Doesn't that make me Sauron?
Old 10-31-2007, 09:27 AM   #27
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
My music. i was loading some more songs onto it and my computer was really slow, so i unattached it and when i looked at it, No songs found. i was seriously freaking out, i had to walk outside to cool myself down because i was so distraught, 624 songs gone. well i went back in, restarted the computer, hooked it back in and my songs came back. i was so releived.
Old 11-05-2007, 12:56 AM   #28
Lindale
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lindale has just left Hobbiton.
Ooh, for me it's the hairbrush that an ex-boyfriend with such long hair gave me last Christmas--actually, I took from his drawer, told him, "I love your hairbrush and it's Christmas" and placed it on my purse. Fortunately he didn't go Deagol too much, he just told me he'd never show me another hair item or any other thing used for grooming the hair! I don't know why I'm so attached to it, it's just one of the many many hairbrushes in the world, and it doesn't really help tame my hobbit-like raven hair.

Legal Madness.
Lindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 AM   #29
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
White Tree

My pictures. All of them.
I am not really much of a photographer but I am deeply attached to my photos, they are my life, anytime I go someplace interesting I always take photos of everything instead of trying to preserve them in my memory, which has led to having most of my life preserved only though my precious pictures. It's really very sad.
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:50 PM   #30
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Hrmmm, this is hard because I'll inherit something or whatever and watch it closely, but everything eventually of mine is lost or borrowed and never returned until years later (Bilbo and I are plagued with 'lend and never recieve back' form of luck).
So, I'll try to think of something at least.

I guess we both cherish fish. I love fish, and if done properly, it is lovely raw. I have a hard time sharing that, but most people I meet don't like fish or related foods, so it is no bother to me and I eat all the fish. Then again, that isn't exactly a 'permanent material' item.

I didn't think this would be so difficult.

I guess it would have to be, because I am completely under fire if I ever lost it or gave it away, a camphor-wood chest that my great-great grandfather bought in Hong Kong for my great-great grandmother, Samantha Case (she reminds me of a hobbit in ways, because she was very short, had an attitude, and had nearly 14 children, not many survived though, but still...).

So, under penalty of disownment and death by my family I'm to be a gollum about it. I'd be one just because of the stories around the thing, the carving on it, and that lovely smell it gives off, which after nearly a hundred years or more is pretty impressive.

~ Indecision Ka
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote