The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2001, 12:28 AM   #41
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> What's wrong with short anyway?<br> Congratulations Inziladun!! Y'know, somehow, I always thought you were old as hills on this board and had been around forever. <p>Not all those who wander are lost.</p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 12:44 AM   #42
enep
The Ghastly Leprechaun

enep has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Shortness and Wights</b><br><br> I was joking. If you didn't notice my little wink face Congrats Inzil! Join the party! Btw, nothing's wrong with short; One of my friends hasn't grown yet. I have to look down on him. <p>- <i>enep</i></p>
Old 02-04-2001, 12:49 AM   #43
the Lorien wanderer
Shade of Carn Dûm

the Lorien wanderer has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> You do mean literally and not figuratively I hope. <p>Not all those who wander are lost.</p>
the Lorien wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2001, 12:54 AM   #44
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Thanks TLW. It's a definite evil milestone. To me it doesn't feel like very long,and really hasn't been. Couple of months. This is the only place I post on a regular basis,due to the highly knowledgeable and very decent Undead who may be found here,enthusiastically degenerating in good company. Cheers! <p>Those who will defend authority against rebellion must not themselves rebel. </p>
Old 02-14-2001, 01:18 PM   #45
draggonklaw
Animated Skeleton

draggonklaw has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>What I want to see...</b><br><br> I'm a little late on this one, but I'm looking forward to seeing Rivendell, Lothlorien, the Gandalf/Balrog battle if Khazad-dum, Cirdan the shipwright and the grey havens...and, well, everything!!! <p></p>
draggonklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 08:09 AM   #46
Elwen

Ring

<BR><br><br> I'm kinda late, too, but I'm looking forward to seeing the night in the inn at Bree, Rivendell, Moria, Lothlorien and, well, everything else. <p></p>
Old 03-22-2001, 09:10 AM   #47
Gilthalion
Hobbitus Emeritus

Gilthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Welcome Elwen, and thanks for bringing this to the top!<br> <br> I am looking forward to the Tolkien Movie Marathon at the local cinema when I can watch all three movies back to back! <p><center> <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">Barrow-Downs</a>~<a href="http://www.geocities.com/robertwgardner2000">Bare Bones</a>~<a href="http://www.robertwgardner2000/gilthalion.html">Grand Adventures</a>~<a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/fanfichobbits.asp">The Hobbits</a>~<a href="http://www.tolkientrail.com">Tolkien Trail</a> </center></p>
Old 03-22-2001, 09:12 AM   #48
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR><br><br> Yeah! Just give me a big jug of Red Vines and I'm set for the next six to nine hours. <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:17 AM   #49
The Barrow-Wight
Night In Wight Satin

The Barrow-Wight is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Liquorice and Lord of the Rings. What more could a person want!? <p>The Barrow-Wight (RKittle)<br> I usually haunt <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com">The Barrow-Downs</a> and The Barrow-Downs <a href="http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi">Middle-Earth Discussion Board</a>.</p>
Old 03-22-2001, 11:21 AM   #50
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<BR><br><br> I can't think of anything. <p></p>
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2001, 09:18 PM   #51
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

The X Phial has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> lemonade... <p>-*-The X Phial-*- You must believe in free will, you have no choice. Isaac Singer</p>
Old 03-22-2001, 09:54 PM   #52
Orald
Shadow of Malice

Orald has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orald Send a message via Yahoo to Orald
Ring

<BR><br><br> a cherry coke(dr. pepper for red and draggonklaw) to supplement the twizzlers while sitting in my brothers lazyboy, which used to be my fathers. It may not look pretty or even like furniture but it is the most comfortable chair in the world. <p>Thus even as Eru spoke to us shall beauty not before conceived be brought into Eä, and evil be good to have been.</p>
Orald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 07:00 AM   #53
KayQy
Wight

KayQy has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to KayQy
Ring

<BR>What more do you need?</b><br><br> What? Lemonade and cherry coke? You want to interrupt 8 solid hours of Tolkien with bathroom breaks?<br> <br> Just give me a lembas beforehand and I'll be fine. <p></p>

--OC Supertones, "Wilderness"

"Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter." -- Max Beerbohm
KayQy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2001, 03:12 PM   #54
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR><br><br> All hail the lembas, but in it's absence I'll take lemonade, and I can hold it for 8 hours if need be! <p>-*-The X Phial-*- You must believe in free will, you have no choice. Isaac Singer</p>
Old 03-25-2001, 04:49 PM   #55
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Durelen, I am touched that you would think of me in this. We all know that Dr. Pepper is the Elixir of life. <br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 04-01-2001, 12:29 PM   #56
Samwise of the shire
Wight

Samwise of the shire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> mmmmmhhhhhhhhmmmmmm yummmy-I did'nt know there was an LOTR marathon hm might be worth it- but if there is then well I guess that day's tied up for me that sounds so neat B)I mean a whole nine or so hours on my behind watching these hobbits fight Barrow wights- no offense BW-,orcs,spider, and of course a whole buch of other gg's kicking the bg's to the moon<br> Samwise of the shire<br> Ps, skittles might be good but I'd need a ten pounder then I'll be hyper <p></p>
Samwise of the shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2001, 02:17 PM   #57
Iulbahar
Pile O'Bones

Iulbahar has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Bag End. I've always thought I'd like to live there or even just have the chance to nose around a bit. Will &quot;Homes and Gardens&quot; do a feature I wonder?<br> Minas Tirith.<br> Most of all, Moria. &quot;Drums, drums in the dark. We cannot get out.&quot; Actually, as I was typing this line for the first time, there was a sudden power failure (one of the delights of living in a Greek village) and we were quite literally &quot;In the Dark&quot;. No drums, luckily. <p></p>
Iulbahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2001, 06:56 PM   #58
Meron
Pile O'Bones

Meron has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR><br><br> Certainly Helm's Deep (complete with lightning, I hope). What I want to see more than anything else is Lothlorien, although I fear that the sight of such a beautiful place will haunt me for the rest of my days. And I can't wait to see Legolas, the great archer, in action.<br> <br> I hope that they don't leave out some of the great dialog between the Three Walkers and Eomer when they first meet, especially the Gimli/Eomer/Legolas exchange. It always reminded me of Bugs Bunny (Gimli) and Yosemite Sam (Eomer), with Gimli/Bugs insulting Eomer/Yosemite Sam, and Eomer/YS getting all red-faced with anger (&quot;Hhhrruu! I hates Dwarves!&quot <p></p>
Meron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2001, 08:16 AM   #59
KM Tinuviel
Pile O'Bones

KM Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> The Balrog (wings and all )! <p></p>
KM Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 03:51 PM   #60
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I am looking forward to seeing if PJ keeps the description of the Balrog in the books in mind when his Computer Animators go to work. The Balrog didnt really have an exact shape, he was a shadow with fire inside. If they do it right, it will be awesome. If they do it wrong, we can complain. <br> <br> And also the battle at Helms Deep. The description of pitch black night when they are sitting on the walls waiting for the attack is VERY exciting. Then the lightning shoots and for a split second you can see the valley below filled with so many orcs that is it almost pure blackness!! SOO FUN!<br> <br> And, for another want of mine, I would like to see the Catapults built by the orcs on the feild of Pellenor, and the Towe of Cirith Ungol when Sam walks in and sees the dead orcs everywhere. So much to look forward to. <p></p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 07:36 PM   #61
Aldaron
Haunting Spirit

Aldaron has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> The Mines of Moria. Could be fascinating. And dark probably. <p></p>
Aldaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2001, 11:45 PM   #62
GandaIf The White
Shade of Carn Dûm

GandaIf The White has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> That has been a thing that has been bugging me. Many times in the book, its is pitch black or so dark that you can barely see anything. How will the Movie people be able to keep to that kind of lighting when you wouldnt be able to see the characters? I guess it just wont have the same effect as when you read it. <p></p>
GandaIf The White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2001, 03:16 PM   #63
Evenspire
Haunting Spirit

Evenspire has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR>Most looking forward to...</b><br><br> I am looking forward to the feeling each place will give.<br> The Shire, Rivendell, Fangorn Forest, Minas Tirith. The architecture, the details.<br> <br> I wonder how the elves will walk. Like ballet dancers, or gay guys? Certainly they will make a distinction between elf-walk and man-walk?<br> <br> <br> &quot;Hush!&quot; whispered Strider. &quot;What's that?&quot; gasped Pippin at the same moment.<br> <br> Frodo was able to see beneath their black wrappings<br> <br> <p></p>
Evenspire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2001, 05:30 PM   #64
Daisy Underhill from LongCleeve

Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I am really looking forward to seeing Frodo, mostly because he's my favorite chracter, besides Pippin. Who I want to see, too. Frodo is one of those characters you really wish existed, because he seems really sweet. Of course, that's just *my* opinion; I don't know about yours. <p></p>
Old 07-22-2001, 07:29 PM   #65
red
Spirit of Mischief

red has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Another Underhill! A long lost cousin? Family reunion! Congratulations! <br> <br> -réd <p><blockquote><p>"He was as noble and as fair in face as an elf-lord, as strong as a warrior, as wise as a wizard, as venerable as a king of dwarves, and as kind as summer."</p> <p>-A Short Rest, <i>The Hobbit</i></p></blockquote></p>
Old 07-30-2001, 09:05 AM   #66
LoveOfGenevieve

Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> I am looking forward to well developed acting by the characters. I hope that the interactions and dialogues are well established and well executed. I thinks that all the special effects and beautiful scenery will be for nothing if the acting and dialogues suck. <br> The few changes that are made such as the deletion of Tom and the increase in Arwen's part are okay as long as it all fits together correctly. <p></p>
Old 07-30-2001, 09:31 AM   #67
The X Phial
Shade of Carn Dûm

Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Welcome to the boards LoveofGenevieve! I agree with you that the personal character development will be vital to the maintenance of the story, though with Ian McKellen and some of the others in the cast I am not too worried about that. I want to see how they will portray Gollum, and also the realms of Rivendell and Lorien, I'm all atingle YAY!!! <p>-*-The X Phial-*- "Yet more fair is the living land of Lorien, and the Lady Galadriel is above all the jewels that lie beneath the earth!"</p>
Old 07-30-2001, 09:45 AM   #68
LoveOfGenevieve

Ring

<BR> Re: What are you most looking forward to seeing?</b><br><br> Thanks for the welcoming X. <br> Yeah, with the experienced actors, like the Ians, I am not overly concerned, but it is actor interactions, like between Froto and Gollum, that is up to the director to organize, that must be done correctly to accurately portray the story.<br> Take a story like Gladiator. Fantastic movie, great special effects, but goofy dialogues at some points. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I want this movie to be as perfect as possible. <p></p>
Old 11-26-2001, 01:29 AM   #69
Treebeard

Sting

I am really looking forward to seeing Wormtongue's arrival at the ruined Isengard. I would love to see a view of Isengard in all its glory, then later showing it in the destroyed state, flooded and bubbling.<P>I picture it a destroyed ring of white rock around a black tower, with black water aound bubbling like a tar pit. Pieces of wood from towers/structures floating around, and possibly some fire. Alot of smoke and steam about the area, and a few islands of hills that were slightly above the flood. A picture of destruction and defeat; and the expression on Wormtongue's face when he sees it will be great.<P>I personally am looking more forward to the battle against Ugluk more than Helm's Deep. I'd like to see the Orcs camping in fear, with the sounds of the riders all around them. A few scouts testing the Orc defences, and alot of panic. Grishnak's (sp?) attempted escape with the Hobbits, and especially Eomer's duel with Ugluk. I really liked Eomer (at least so far as I have read), and want to see him in action.<P>As for the first movie, I guess what I am anticipating most is the Nazguls' chase of Frodo to Rivendell. The first time that the Nine are shown together, pursuing him at full gallop, then the crossing of the Ford and getting swept away by the flood. From the trailers I've seen, it looks like they've put Arwyn in that scene. I personally would have liked to see Frodo riding alone; it would have been more fearful for him. Having someone else there removes a little bit of the danger/pressure I think, for he no longer really has to worry about his own survival. But it still should be pretty tense I think.
Old 11-26-2001, 02:28 PM   #70
Arwen

Sting

i looking forward to seeing middle earth, the landscapes etc, and wether the shire look like my home county Yorkshire, where the shire is based. MOria is another favorite of mine.
Old 11-26-2001, 11:57 PM   #71
Elrian
Eldar Spirit of Truth

Elrian has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I'm looking forward to seeing the places of Tolkiens books, and the characters come to life on screen. And Elrond
I'll stick to Old Toby and a Hobbit hole.*~*
Elrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 12:54 PM   #72
Nenya
Wight

Nenya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

This really shows that we all have a little Sauron inside us...Everyone's excited about all these battle-scenes where we get to see killing and blood and all that... <P>I agree with LoveofGeneviev, I'm also looking forward to seeing all the fantastic characters being brought to life.I'm keeping my thumbs up that all the actors can rally potray the different sides of their characters, and we aren't just shown these stereotypes like "the hero","the hero's stupid friend" "the baddy",and so on.And of course it will propably blow my mind to see Lòrien,Minas Tirith and all the other places... Oh, and The Prancing Pony-thing is a must see, as well as Shelob's lair!
Nenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 01:39 PM   #73
Elanor
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elanor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am looking forward to all of the things you mention. Excited is not the word now! But most of all I'm looking forward to the look on my friend's face - she hasn't read the books, doesn't know the story, but I know she will be totally blown away by the film.
Old 12-10-2001, 06:31 PM   #74
Ereinion
Animated Skeleton

Ereinion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ereinion
Sting

I'm interested to see how the previous "flashbacks" are portrayed, especially the Last Alliance. Makes me wonder if they'll show that epic duel on the slopes of Orodruin between Gil-Galad, Elendil, and Sauron. And, the Balrog of course....just got my tickets today in fact! 19th at 3:30!
Ereinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2001, 09:00 PM   #75
Durin's Bane
Pile O'Bones

Durin's Bane has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yep, they'll be there Ereinion. Very beginning of the movie actually with Cate Blanchet/Galdriel narrating.
Durin's Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 08:11 PM   #76
Ereinion
Animated Skeleton

Ereinion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Ereinion
Sting

Yeah, I was hoping. I saw Isildur take the ring in that Making of Middle-Earth sci-fi special so I'll definitely be looking forward to that.
Ereinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2001, 05:39 PM   #77
Vega

Sting

What am I looking forward to see ??<BR>Sooooo many things ! <BR>The depiction of Mordor will be interesting to see, and Sam and Frodo's travels through that dark land.<BR>And staying with Sam....his battle with Shelob the Great should be amazing, not to mention terrifying...at least to me..Yeh i'm someone who needs to enlist help if I see a spider no bigger than a coin crawling up my wall I believe Shelob would pose a few problems for me <BR>Sticking with the first film though, I am looking forward to seeing how they handle the death of Boromir...I hope it will be both sad and heroic in equal measure.<BR>It really needs to be powerful, since Boromir is the only major character who dies in this story.<p>[ December 15, 2001: Message edited by: Vega ]
Old 12-15-2001, 06:32 PM   #78
shieldmaiden
Wight

shieldmaiden has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Everything.