Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #481
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I just crossed with Gwath, but it looks like it works out perfectly. I had Rudy already in the inn and grabbing a seat next to Brown.

So, Rudy went off to look for Hugo, told Mira to stay in the inn (whether she listens or not is up to you Fin ). He found Hugo and went running off to go get Burt. Take it away from there.

lmp, if I need to fix anything with the Gaffer's dialect let me know.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #482
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Way to go, Gwath and Boro! I'll post soon, but feel free to beat me to it, anybody.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #483
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thanks everyone for expressing your thoughts. I must apologize to everyone.... I'm the owner and I feel I'm not doing enough to keep this going at a good pace. This is my first and I am just as unsure as you all at sometimes.

Thank you Pio for your post, very good info (it helped me at least)

I too have not be participating in other things on the Downs partially because I have been so busy at work, but mostly because I wanted to focus on this. Let's all take Pio and lmp's advice and just go for it!

I will have a post up shortly, Bunny will need to be having some fun, and I've got something brewing, that should be good.
Old 03-30-2008, 01:19 PM   #484
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I've posted. It doesn't quite fit and I can change things if necessary, but it sure was fun to write. I guess this would happen before Rudy got up to look for Gaffer Hugo. Let me know if it works.
Let's get some others in on this....I am sure Brown is going to have some things to say....
Old 03-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #485
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
There shall be reckoning.
Old 03-30-2008, 04:30 PM   #486
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hee hee! Bunny, that was great! Now I'm glad Gaffer Hugo is outside so Bunny didn't think of him first. (phew)

Perhaps, Pio, it might be helpful to switch around Valier's and Boro's posts?

I had planned to post up tonight, but my storytelling energy is at an ebb because I am again ill. I will post as soon as I feel better.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:07 AM   #487
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Now I'm surely enjoying this... I will post today or tomorrow. (But it's a lommy-rpg -promise, so don't take it too seriously... )
Old 03-31-2008, 09:02 AM   #488
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Thumbs up

I have repositioned Valier's post to precede Boromir88's as lmp suggested.

Hope you feel better, lmp!!!!!

~*~ Pio
Old 03-31-2008, 05:51 PM   #489
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Finduilas lifts a hand.

Uh.... Rudy talked to Mira at the door, but I'm sitting at the table laughing at Bunny....

I've haven't been on since Thursday last, and after tomorrow I wont be on again till Sunday at earliest. Boro or Lommy has to change their post somewhat. Mira would notice that Hugo wasn't in yet, so if Boro changes his so that I could stay at the table, and calls Rudy over or something, and Lommy includeds a short thing wherein Mira gets a small amount worried, then returns to the table talk, that might work.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:05 AM   #490
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I've missed quite a bit recently. But I've put up a save so I can catch up and post before this progresses too far. I plan to fill in my save tonight or tomorrow evening and no later.
Old 04-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #491
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
I'm going to try to post off of Lommy's post, putting in a slight worry about the Gaffer. Boromir do you think you could somehow change your post just slightly? You don't have to have Mira worried, she would think he had stopped to talk to Burt before jumping to the conclusion he was hurt (maybe, ) so maybe you could have Rudy drop by Mira and tell her he is going to check up on Hugo?
Old 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #492
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Findy, good thoughts. Let's assume that Boro will be able to pull away from his busy schedule long enough to heed your concerns and edit his post at some time in the next couple days.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #493
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Findy, good thoughts. Let's assume that Boro will be able to pull away from his busy schedule long enough to heed your concerns and edit his post at some time in the next couple days.
Assumtion assumed, and I'll go work on a post right now.

Post is up. Lommy will have to change her post a little bit too I think.

Last edited by Finduilas; 04-01-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:53 AM   #494
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findy
Post is up. Lommy will have to change her post a little bit too I think.
What do you want me to change?
Old 04-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #495
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
changed
Old 04-02-2008, 06:30 PM   #496
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have filled in my save. I tried to fit it in with the post following directly after it and I'm hoping I was successful without overlapping and creating a time confusion for anyone.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:24 PM   #497
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Please remember to take the time to remove your signatures from EVERY post to the RPG thread.

Thanks!

~*~ Pio
Old 04-06-2008, 10:19 PM   #498
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Let's finish up in the Inn and get us on our way. I will post for Bunny tomorrow, but perhaps others closer to Gaffer Hugo should make sure he's able to walk ok and get that settled. Also Gwath I think you will need to post something about the bill....
Old 04-07-2008, 03:59 AM   #499
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'd say the Inn has served its purpose. Hugo will not be able to walk. He will agree to leave the cart in the innkeeper's care, unhitch Mosy, and ride him into the wild.
Old 04-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #500
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I'd say the Inn has served its purpose. Hugo will not be able to walk. He will agree to leave the cart in the innkeeper's care, unhitch Mosy, and ride him into the wild.
But isn't his hip hurt? I think it might be difficult to ride with a wrenched hip.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:40 AM   #501
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

He's not going to tell people his hip hurts if he thinks it'll cause others to tell him he shouldn't go.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 AM   #502
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok well I thought I would give others a chance to finish up their Inn posts before I get us on our way again. I am sure at least one of you needs or wants to post something...so let's get it done shall we?

I am not going to wait too long...maybe a day or two more. Let's get moving again!
Old 04-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #503
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've got the chicken pox, so can only sit up for short amounts of time (it gets worse the older you are when you get it) and as writing posts are slightly stressful I won't be able to post till I'm well. Hopefully that will be in a week. Sorry.
Old 04-08-2008, 03:56 PM   #504
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier View Post
Ok well I thought I would give others a chance to finish up their Inn posts before I get us on our way again. I am sure at least one of you needs or wants to post something...so let's get it done shall we?

I am not going to wait too long...maybe a day or two more. Let's get moving again!
If you want to get he rpg moving, Valier, go ahead. If somebody really needs something in between, it can be inserted later.
Old 04-08-2008, 04:10 PM   #505
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I've posted. I don't care what happens next.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #506
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great nod to The Scouring of the Shire there, Gwath. I always like that.

And..... ooh! ooh! conflict! Valier, your lil' ol' Bunny has some answering to do....
Old 04-09-2008, 01:06 PM   #507
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Valier - yes, let's move on soon.

Gwath -

Fin - poor you! Get better soon.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:49 PM   #508
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm working on what Bunny would do in this situation and it's coming along nicely I think. I shall have it up by tonight or at the latest tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:21 PM   #509
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is getting quite fun.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:20 AM   #510
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok post is up...I stuggled a wee bit, but I think it will work. Gwath let me know if I need to change anything.
If anyone else wants to post, go ahead. If not let me know and I can continue and have us outside ready to go.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:59 AM   #511
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I threw together a quicky to get Hugo on a saddled Mosy, and Brown and Rudy out in the courtyard. Far as I'm concerned, one post from Gwath to catch things up, and we're on our way.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:48 AM   #512
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
*plop* appears out of nowhere

It seems to be going on well this far. What are your plans for the near future now? I think the time for the apperance of my character is getting close (at last), so I should start looking for the suitable place to join. And does anyone have news from Sephiroth, whether he's going to participate or not?

EDIT: Oh, I see, he's no longer playing. So I will proceed according to the original ideas before he even signed up. There is still time, but this is why I am asking for the future plans, so that I know when to start to tune up, so to say.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 AM   #513
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Great post LMP, it fits nicely.
Hello there Legate!!
I think from the Inn we will be heading NNW across the river and towards Budgford...I think that's right.... then on towards Scarry and the Quarry. Then North to the NorthMoors. So I think Legate you can come in whenever you feel like it. I am sure you are anxious to start.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #514
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
I think from the Inn we will be heading NNW across the river and towards Budgford...I think that's right.... then on towards Scarry and the Quarry. Then North to the NorthMoors. So I think Legate you can come in whenever you feel like it. I am sure you are anxious to start.
Tell me about it Well, my plan from the very beginning was as follows: soon after the company crosses the bridge, my character climbs out of some field at Bridgefields (he's returning from a trip). He will notice them, become interested and follow the company towards the next settlement - I thought, like, will the company be traveling via the road, i.e. through Whitfurrows? Anyway, I have detailed ideas on how the appearance will go, that'll be shown in due time. So the only thing for me is to know the plan of the journey and have the chance to chime in at the right time.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 04-13-2008, 03:13 PM   #515
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I'm not quite sure exactely where we will be traveling along the river, but I know it will be on the left side. I will have to check the map and see what we will be travelling through and if there is any roads.

Gwath? Are you going to get a post up before we move on? I think it would be good. And Lommy and Kit, you could post if you like as well. Let me know. If not I will continue.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #516
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Piping hot post up, right off the grill. Let's move.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:16 AM   #517
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

1420!

Ok I guess I will post again and get us moving...
Question.... Would there be a bridge to get to the side of the river we want to be on? My maps are not that good and I thought someone else might know.
Any who, I will get us on our way tomorrow , if noone else has done so. Anyone else...feel free to post too.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:19 AM   #518
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Which side of the river is that?
Old 04-16-2008, 03:37 AM   #519
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Do not wait for me, just move on. I'll post as soon as I have time to do it properly, hopefully quite soon...
Old 04-16-2008, 03:49 AM   #520
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Question.... Would there be a bridge to get to the side of the river we want to be on? My maps are not that good and I thought someone else might know.
Well, where actually is that Stonebrow thing of yours supposed to be? There are only two options to cross the Brandywine, as far as I am aware, and that's the Bucklebury Ferry and then further to the north only the classic bridge on the East Road. I always thought that the party is going to go north from Brandy Hall and across the bridge.