The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2003, 07:30 AM   #41
Mordor_Queen
Haunting Spirit

Mordor_Queen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Yeah because that was a really gripping part in the book and i was so looking forward to it when I went to see The Two Towers, but then I found out that they had moved it into the Return of the King.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:49 PM   #42
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Right on, Aratlithiel. I think LotR really wouldn't have done as well as it has if it had been completely true to the books; people nowadays aren't really able to disect those sorts of deep thinking and meaningful scenes. If they movies were to be done properly, for the tried and true fans of the books, there would have to be six movies, one for each book. Maybe they could come out more frequently too (one every six months). Those're just my little thoughts about it; you all may feel differently...<P>**271 days until RotK**
Old 03-22-2003, 06:34 PM   #43
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I was just wondering, since they are probably not going to talk about how they created the charater of Shelob before ROTK comes out because it would give away a major storyline. How do you think she is going to be created? Is she going to be computer generated, or a mixture of puppetry and other things. I would put my money on computer, because she would probably be even easier than doing Gollum.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #44
Tar-Palantir
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tar-Palantir has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I would put my money on computer <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I think that is a smart bet! The scene outside of the path will need to be something faster moving than a physical prop covered with foam latex and paint. I bet they make her very nimble and quick, I hope with a sinister type of intelligence too.<P>Probably very similar to the Watcher in the Water or the Cave Troll.
Tar-Palantir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 08:20 PM   #45
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Or maybe even like the Balrog, I hope she is wonderful though and evil
Old 03-22-2003, 09:13 PM   #46
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am very hopeful of these guys giving us a good Shelob. I can see part of her being aminatronics though, especially at the moment when Sam stabs her. I think he may need a level of interaction here that computers can't provide.<P>Treebeard was part aminatronics, so this is something they do.<P>H.C.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:35 AM   #47
elvenarcheressnenya

Sting

I'm not sure if the Shelob was really permanantly left out. I don't know because I have no connections or information, but it might be in Return of the King. If you'd noticed, TTT didn't end where the book did at all. It ended before the part where the Shelob was supposed to be in, so in my opinion, there could still be hope.
Old 03-23-2003, 09:06 AM   #48
Loremir

Sting

I think that they are going to have ro add things from TTT the book to ROTK cause otherwise it would totally suk I am obbcessed w/ the movies and the books i am getting really po w/ PJ
Old 03-23-2003, 10:23 AM   #49
HCIsland
Zombie Cannibal

HCIsland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Shelob will be in Return of the King. This has been confirmed by PJ himself.<P>H.C.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:07 PM   #50
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

In the theatrical version DVD of Fellowship, there's a making-of feature that was on Fox at some point, and you do see a bitty artist's model of Shelob for like five seconds. I thought she looked very good, like a cross between a black widow and a tarantula.<P>In my opinion, she will be mostly CG, but, in the making-of book that I have, they do mention some animatronic spider legs being in one of the prop stores, most likely for Sam's interaction with her, like HCIsland said.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:33 PM   #51
elvenarcheressnenya

Sting

Oh good! Thanks for clearing that up with me HCIsland^^<P>While the Shelob will probably be most cgi, PJ and crew has done a great job with the cgi characters from the other two (the troll was magnificent!) so I have faith in them making the Shelob spectacular!
Old 03-24-2003, 07:49 PM   #52
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

For those of you who were annoyed that Shelob was not in TTT, just console yourselves with the thought that you still have her to look forward to.<P>As I think I said earlier in this thread, what a great curtain raiser she will be for RotK.
Old 03-24-2003, 07:59 PM   #53
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Boots

Ah, but what a great curtain closer it would have been. Of course, I'm over her absense myself. I've generally accepted TTT as a failure. With all the stuff they have to cram into RotK, my guess is that it's going to an action packed three and a half hour rollercoster ride.