The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-19-2004, 06:58 AM   #41
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Silmaril

Quote:
I've not been a stalkee
Actually, Meela, I'm sorry to admit (or proud, pick one) that you have been stalked. Your posts always make me laugh, and right about now I'm in need of laughes (life just got complicated again...), so I follow you around. I'd stalk you more if we were ever online at the same time.

Fea
Old 07-19-2004, 07:20 AM   #42
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

You stalk me? I'm flattered!
I've been excessively slack in my posting, but now I know I'm being watched, I feel compelled to put on a good show. As for the timing, we'll have to arrange something...
Old 07-20-2004, 02:48 PM   #43
lindil
Seeker of the Straight Path

lindil has just left Hobbiton.
I was suprised at the dates of this thread as the origianl one I had started was closed. I was thinking I was visiting my original which had been re-opened to I got to the firt thread and It was Heren Istarion. For a moment I wondered whether I really had started it! And of course it soon became clear that I had, but hadn't.

Discouraging bandwidth eating habits was, I believe the reason for the original closure, so as to not feel too bad about it, I decided to donate some $'s to the cause. Hopefully it was enough to cover my stalking and thgen some.

The original had some great replies so I hope it is not forever banished. Perpaps it is in the arcivish forum. H-I brilliant way around those work rules! A true hacking spirit!
The dwindling Men of the West would often sit up late into the night exchanging lore & wisdom such as they still possessed that they should not fall back into the mean estate of those who never knew or indeed rebelled against the Light.

Last edited by lindil; 07-20-2004 at 02:52 PM.
lindil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2004, 10:28 PM   #44
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Oh no! I'm turning more and more into a stalker!

I just checked "Who's Online" around 20 times during the 2 hours I have been online. That's all.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 08:14 AM   #45
Elven Hunter
Animated Skeleton

Elven Hunter has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I just checked "Who's Online" around 20 times during the 2 hours I have been online. That's all.
I welcome you to the world of stalkers Lhunardawen..(there should be a welcoming thread for new stalkers in the downs ) haha but I admit I sometimes do that too when I get lonely in the downs.
Elven Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:53 PM   #46
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
I'm not such a rabid stalker anymore...now I only stalk a few members regularly: Lush, Evisse the Blue, Saraphim, Feanor of the Peredhil, and Eomer of the Rohirrim.

But the list doth grow...
Old 07-31-2004, 09:52 PM   #47
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Silmaril

Elennar, you stalk me??? I'm so touched! I just got some wacked out looks from my cousins when I exclaimed "Yes!!! I'm stalked!". I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I stalk Fordim Hedgethistle as well as Kalimac, but I haven't seen Kalimac around lately, so my stalking has fallen into a gigantic hole and I'm currently trailing Eomer of the Rohirrim, Meela, Elennar, and Himhenwen. Oh, and Lush, but that's a bit of a given, since I crack up after reading her posts.

Fea
Old 07-31-2004, 09:57 PM   #48
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

In the quiz room I stalk the people who ask questions that I answer I eagerly wait and watch for them to respond to the thread so they can tell me I'm wrong my latest victem, the Perky Ent and Saucepanman slightly however not that i control the cryptic Clues thread he interests me less
Old 07-31-2004, 10:16 PM   #49
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

Stalking eh? *rubs hands together* mwahahaha
Well I suppose since so many other people have confessed I shall do so also, all that I can remember at the moment anyway: Imladris, Fordim Hedgthistle, Elora, Littlemanpoet (almost all my fellow players that were on Evendim with me) I can't remember all or if I actually do stalk that many I usually go to active topics and see what's going on there. I do use who's online a lot.

I think I may also begin to stalk Amanaduial the archer, Eomer of the Rohirrim, and Morsul the Dark among others. Mwahahaha will my evil deeds ever cease?

Tune in next time to.. Stalkers of the Barrow Downs *dramatic chord*
Old 07-31-2004, 11:52 PM   #50
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esgallhugwen
, and Morsul the Dark[/B] among others. Mwahahaha will my evil deeds ever cease?

Tune in next time to.. Stalkers of the Barrow Downs *dramatic chord*
you stalk me? Do I say anything interesting?

I have a stalker yay!
Old 08-01-2004, 12:16 AM   #51
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree

I find you humourous Morsul, your deeds bring we tidings of mirth and laughter. I havn't been stalking you for very long so keep a sharp eye.

Be glad that you have a stalker I don't think I have one. *looks around*
Old 08-01-2004, 12:20 AM   #52
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

well thank you although I Morsul the Dark am evil i am happy I make you laugh you will have a stalker someday and you'll be as creeped out as i am
Old 08-01-2004, 03:08 PM   #53
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

I guess it doesn't really count as stalking now that I know what you're up to. You know who you are!

*shifts eyes from side to side*
Old 08-01-2004, 08:20 PM   #54
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Fea, you stalk me? Wow...my first stalker! I feel loved...
Old 08-01-2004, 09:02 PM   #55
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
You know who you are!
Oh yeah? *taunts Eomer*. So what am I up to, Eomer? Huh? What am I doing now. Mwahahahaha.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:25 AM   #56
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Boots

Yet, it is you who say that I belong in the mental asylum Fea.

I guess that another way to stalk people is to give them reputation boosters, namedrop them in other threads, generally praise them all over the place in a hope of getting a reply. There is one particular Downer who I have yet to converse with (after all these years!) and it makes me wonder, I should be stalking this person more! *insert devil smiley here a la Saraphim*
Old 08-02-2004, 08:27 AM   #57
ohtatyaro
Wight

ohtatyaro has just left Hobbiton.
I am a stalker, just not too specific one - I mean, I do not have favvies, as I'm new and dunno many ppl around. So I stalk anyone who happens to be online (even bots ), in case they r reading something interesting
Old 08-02-2004, 08:37 AM   #58
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

I'm online you're not stalking me are you? stares into shadows at strangely person shaped object pokes it with a stick of thats just a statue whew wipes sweat from forehead
Old 08-02-2004, 08:57 AM   #59
ohtatyaro
Wight

Just stalked you back here
Old 08-02-2004, 09:00 AM   #60
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pipe

runs away
Old 08-02-2004, 10:08 AM   #61
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Silmaril

Quote:
Yet, it is you who say that I belong in the mental asylum Fea
Actually, I probably should be closely watched at the moment. After the weekend I had (very stressful), I was dead exhausted last night and my sense of humour warped beyond what's normal, even for me.

Although I must say, I dutifully snuck onto the 'Downs this weekend, even when I was grounded at my aunt's house, just to stalk anyone who happened to be posting on the threads I haunt. I suppose that's either considered really loving your hobby, or having no life. But it was past midnight! Who's got a life at that hour?

Fea
Old 08-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #62
ohtatyaro
Wight

Quote:
runs away
Don't Me's not dangerous
Old 08-04-2004, 06:41 AM   #63
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

HerenIstarion is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to HerenIstarion
Hail all stalkers...

Hello, fellow obsessed BDers, stalking each other around for the fear of missing something interrrrrrressssssting going on. Nice to have so much of a feedback

But the main raison d'être of this post of mine is to offer my apologies to lindil. Hey, old chap, I did not remember it was you first time , otherwise it would have been easier to find an original. Here it is, found via 'threads started by so-and-so' option, as opposed to 'by name' one:

Are you a stalker? (by lindil)

I would that our search engine were less crappy - since it failed to bring up still existent thread, I lay my grudge on it! This being my excuse, let me move on to constructive thinking now:

I suppose SpM or some other moderator may merge this two topics (it won't be difficult - them being both located in the same subforum, and the last post of the latter being dated way before the first post of the former.) (BTW, did not the last sentence sound a bit like "I know half of you half as..." discourse of Bilbo's to you?)

That's all

Cheers, stalked stalkers, have fun

- Would you believe in the love at first sight?
- Yes I'm certain that it happens all the time!

Last edited by HerenIstarion; 08-04-2004 at 11:41 PM. Reason: spelling, spelling, spelling...and a bit of orthography too :)
HerenIstarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 08:21 AM   #64
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

Feel proud HI, that you have brought fear and paranoia back to the Downs!
Old 08-07-2004, 03:42 AM   #65
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim
Feel proud HI, that you have brought fear and paranoia back to the Downs!
And longing for those un-stalked to be stalked!
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 08:17 AM   #66
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Don't take me, officer, sir, it's lindil, not me, who's to blame, I'm innocent, I was just walking around, officer, sir, I must have been set up ...

Old 08-07-2004, 09:36 AM   #67
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

*chuckle*

It's 1984 all over again...
Old 08-07-2004, 12:21 PM   #68
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I wouldn't like to call it stalking but if I have felt in tune with someone on a topic I will have a look and see what else they have posted .... similarly if people make me laugh or have set a cunning riddle.... I always notice Feanor for her uncanny ressemblance to one of my best friends - I have known identical twins less alike...

I am tempted to say I stalk Eomer cos it might make him nervous... he'll never dare wear a kilt again.... *smacks self... bad girl*...whereas HI seems to think I am after blood.....

Must try the name thing at new workplace - so far the system hasn't let me beyond the company's European site with it's job adverts and inspirational messages from the US parent co.... now that really is very 1984... the screen saver is worse... blasting the corporate mission statement subliminally ..... aieee..... keep thinking of "Life of Brian" and "You are all individuals" "We are all individuals" "I'm not..." turning into a lab-rat........... aieee

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:41 PM   #69
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Quote:
whereas HI seems to think I am after blood
Now, upon reflection, I tend to believe that maybe you are more sort of a, um, wossname? yes, blackribboner, that's the term

But, seriously, mea culpa, I plead guilty, my apologies. 'twas a silly conclusion. If we were to base our conclusions on sigs only, yours truly would have qualified for a sparrow, probably

Quote:
the screen saver is worse
Corporate screensavers. I know what you're talkling about. The most horrible thing is when you turn up from your place to see several running in tune...

*H-I shudders

Between you and me (hush, don't tell anybody) we all need the [considerable] raise of salary... Else, corporate policies end up in stalker internet surfers...

Old 08-07-2004, 01:43 PM   #70
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Boots

It's alright Mithalwen, I feel very safe.
Old 08-07-2004, 07:49 PM   #71
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Heh...I stalk Eomer too...for a similar reason...
Old 08-08-2004, 09:53 AM   #72
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Eomer ....that is ever so slightly depressing

HI...* does quick google search * .. Ah still haven't read "The Truth" ...well yes your sig is a bit baffling at least to this bear of little brain and Idid try to explain that I was amused rather than insulted but the message bounced - popular chap that you are .... well the sing song is fine .....and black pudding....oh do I have too? well I guess I can just cope with that....but cocoa?!?!?!?! never... bleugh.....and besides milk is murder; meat is justifiable homicide..... I am disappointed in you Sherlock....you ignored a vital clue..... but spot on - the considerable salary rise would be splendid... but unlikely at the moment.....

Hmm well since I am actually employed by the agency rather than the corporation, my contract states that unauthorised internet use will result in instant dismissal .... however it also means I don't feel obliged to follow the corporate motto "Unleash your talents to thrill our customers and delight our shareholders" ...makes me wonder what sort of company it really is.... but I will just keep moving those bits of paper around my desk......

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:15 PM   #73
Son of Númenor
A Shade of Westernesse

Son of Númenor has just left Hobbiton.
Wish I was here, four years ago...

A hobby of mine is browsing the older threads of the Downs; they often provide great insights into Tolkien's world, as well as into the personalities and wits of some of the original BDers. One might say that I 'stalk' old-timers like Saulotus, Mithadan, HerenIstarion, burrahobbit, The Barrow-Wight and Gwaihir the Windlord (to name a few).
Son of Númenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:05 AM   #74
HerenIstarion
Deadnight Chanter

Nice stalking tradition, Son

Let it widen! Follow good example, folks:

Saulotus
(and his alter ego - Bob Wehadababyitsaboy)
Mithadan
HerenIstarion
burrahobit
The Barrow-Wight
Gwaihir the Windlord

Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #75
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
I find it amusing to choose one person to stalk and follow them everywhere from the time they sign on until they sign off. Much fun, that is. You also learn a little bit about the person (which threads they go to in which forums.)
Old 08-12-2004, 02:20 PM   #76
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I do that as well
i follow the barrow wight around and Perky Ent especially
Old 08-15-2004, 01:06 AM   #77
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
I bumped into the "Who's online" function by chance and freaked out: "This is a conspiracy! Where's the privacy gone!?" Then, of course, I marked the profits of stalking *Mwhahaha* I don't stalk much and I'm not usually stalking anyone specific, just those fellow onliners of mine. But I have made a habit of checking who's online.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:28 PM   #78
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Stalker's nightmare

the who's online function is both your friend and your enemy

Many-a-time I have watched it as someone was respoinding to a thread and I was waiing for the rsult just to have them leave without the response finished I tell you that feature gives false hope
Old 08-17-2004, 01:04 PM   #79
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
I stalked this poster from when I was a newbie, and sadly, he hasn't been posting since. Life goes on. Awesome humor and insight.

I stalk blogs now, heh.

If I have been stalked...I'm just plain curious enough to want to know

Last edited by Neferchoirwen; 08-17-2004 at 01:07 PM. Reason: missed something out
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #80
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Id like to say hello to my newest victem H-I, hello