The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 02:56 PM   #161
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
I'd say Sally over Agan. I've seen enough of the latter to at least have something to go on, and I still don't think she seems evil.
What concerns me about Agan is her role in the Gal-wagon; she is one of the strongest Gal-suspecters (along with Lottie and Shasta), yet takes care to appear doubtful and hesitant about voting her. I get a mental image of Agan pushing the bandwagon along before jumping on it with apparent reluctance.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:59 PM   #162
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I realize I'm heading out to a store, and since there's only 2 hours til DL. I doubt it'll be that long of a trip, but don't really want to chance it. So..

++Agan

Thanks for replying dear, pretty much giving me the last assurance I need. I mean, come on, you should know even if I can convince myself you're a BN, it's a hard dilemma I face of voting you or not.

It's a battle of duty vs my heart telling me I love when you're evil and I like watching you in your full wolvish glory. I mean, it may make me a terrible person to say, and I'm certainly rubbish at the tango, but I still love our dances, even if we might be on opposite sides.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #163
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Dark-Eye Galalysis

So, as we all know, nothing of any real substance from her for quite some time (or anyone for that matter, myself included) until Agan joins and has her "suspicions list" with this reasoning for thinking G55 guilty:

Quote:
Galadriel55. Says Bom is guilty of making jokes when he starts making them. Does this mean she didn't take it as a joke when he said he's wolves with her and sally? Encouraged by Boro, she takes her guilty accusations of randomness entirely too far.
After reading through the rest of the post, Im inclined to believe that it was done for two reasons:

1) To try and keep up the fun and yet at the same time

2) To start steering the conversation in a more serious direction.

Shortly after this our beloved deceased decides to make a brief summary of anything she had found important, leaving out all the banter and sticking to what she finds is important. Once Boro started giving his suspicions of Agan, G55 defended Agan, despite Agan's previous accusation, then proceeds to ask Boro and Agan to explain themselves as their behavior is confusing her as she doesn't find either to be very evil. Lottie then joins the and believes G55's behavior to be fishy and puts G55 at the top of her suspect list.

After Boro has given his explanation as to why he finds Agan suspicious, G55 still defends her, thinking her first post of the Day still to be joking, but still asked Agan for more clarification.

Now here's something Shasta said which I never really thought about until now:

Quote:
I did notice something that G55 said earlier that reminds me terribly of a ploy I've used as a wolf - near the beginning, she tried to get people to drop the subject in a "okay, done, move it along folks, nothing to see here" kind of way. That much is just an observation, but I know it's something I've done as a wolf when I felt like too much heat was about to be focused my way.
I definitely see his point here, having used that tactic myself. Yet not just as a baddie. It's a tactic used quite often by any Gifted/Baddie to keep heat of of them. And now we know why she was acting in such a manner.

G55 the makes a quick analysis post on everyone, and only has two real suspicions: Rune and Zil:

Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Inziladun: gives the impression of commenting on things without involving himself anywhere. Pokes here and there but stays aloof. This behaviour unnerves me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G55
Rune: something ticks me off about him. Maybe I'm just not used to his playing style yet, since it's our first game together. The vibes comming from him are not good.
Agan returns and clarify's her first post for G55, but she still remains confused. Agan considers voting her with this reasoning:

Quote:
I'm actually thinking about voting for you. It's partly your strange insistence on my list, partly your slight jumpiness (compared to everyone else), and partly what Lottie just said about your helpfulness without contributing a lot.
G55 defends herself against the accusations from Lottie and Agan. This continues for a short while with G55 continuously defending herself.

The Voting

Shasta: First to cast a vote as well as first to cast a vote for her, with this reasoning:

Quote:
I don't recall ever seeing G55 mention the whole "dismissal" thing, even though I mentioned it twice. It may have gotten lost in the shuffle, but even so...
Lottie: Second to vote as well as second to vote for her, albeit she cross-posted with Shasta. Gave no reasoning in the vote post itself but had been suspecting her the whole Day

Agan: third to cast her vote for G55. The votes at this time were:

G55 - 2 (Shasta and Lottie)
Bom - 1 (Rune)
Rune - 1 (Bom)
Lottie - 1 (Greenie)

Also had been suspecting G55 for a better part of he Day

Zil: fourth vote for her and says this for his reasoning:

Quote:
Looks worse than Lottie, I hate voting Bom Day 1, and it doesn't look like I'll have any takers on Sally. I'll not waste my vote.
Voting came to a close with the votes as this:

G55 - 4 (Shasta, Lottie, Agan and Zil)
Bom - 3 (Rune, Sally and G55)
Rune - 1 (Bom)
Lottie - 1 (Greenie)

Did Not Vote - Nate, Nog and myself.

(Dead innocents italicized)

Overall Thoughts

- Lottie seems the least suspicious of he four who voted, having had her suspicions from early on in he Day
- Zil is really starting to stand out to me, having had no real suspicion of her before. His explanation is also rather interesting, what with the "I will not throw away my vote" tactic.
- Rune and Bom's votes for each other caught my eye. Something about it bothers me, what, Im not sure.
- Agan and Shasta bear some watching, but both had reasonable an sound reasons for voting G55
- Sally's vote for Bom also has me concerned. It almost looks like a last minute attempt to save G55

EDIT: Seems I cross posted with everyone since my last

Last edited by Glirdan; 01-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:09 PM   #164
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
OK, that did it -

++ Agan

If one of my two top candidates already has a vote, I'll go for that one. Good night.

EDIT: x-ed with Glirdy
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #165
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I am not thrilled with the two Agan votes. One came, seemingly out of the blue (or at least it seemed that way to me) from Boro, and seems to be due to some reasoning of his that the rest of us are not privvy to. The other is from Greenie, who I've been consistantly disagreeing with throughout the game. Plus, I haven't seen anything from Agan that jumped out at me as evil, and she posted a song that made me laugh. I will not be pleased if this ends up being a bandwagon.

That being said, I don't actually suspect Greenie. I disagree with her just about every time she posts, but I don't think she's a wolf. Glirdan I'm less sure about. The one line that really jumped out at me was his:

Quote:
3) I also mentioned Sally in that post, or did you miss that?
Which both sounds very defensive and actually doesn't matter. Shasta's point was that Glirdy started out agreeing with Boro and ended up saying that Boro could have fit the wolf profile. The fact that Glirdy said "sallycake or Boro" doesn't affect that point at all. Now, I accept his earlier defense of that particular point. It made sense and looks like something an innocent could have done. But I don't like how unnecessarily defensive he was even after explaning his statement.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #166
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay I'm going to cross with a lot because I went to have dinner midway through writing this post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
I'm not exactly sure of the validity of this argument. I mean, yes, it was kind of odd of Gal to focus so strongly on Agan's list, but I've yet to discover how it made her look suspicious.
You conveniently failed to note the post where I stated my main reasons for thinking about voting for her:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, #73
I'm actually thinking about voting for you. It's partly your strange insistence on my list, partly your slight jumpiness (compared to everyone else), and partly what Lottie just said about your helpfulness without contributing a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Agan, finished with her agonizing, votes Gal. I don't like this vote a whole lot; I don't really understand Agan's point against Gal, and the timing of the vote as well as the hesitation before it look a little too convenient to my taste.
Agan hesitated because she was, especially as the deadline drew nearer, worried she had accidentally poked a gifted. If you don't see why, go read her last posts again. But there's no way to tell who's a real gifted and who's just giving vague hints in order to be saved, and as Gal didn't reveal, I thought she'd be safe to lynch. There's hesitation for you. Convenient, eh?

I don't like in the least the way Greenie seems to be twisting things. I don't know how obvious my doubts about Gal were or if it even occurred to anybody else, but it seems to me Greenie is intentionally ignoring it. Also, while suspecting me doesn't necessarily make her evil, I'm about the most convenient suspect she can choose if she needs to accuse an innocent because everyone knows we argue all the time anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
she is one of the strongest Gal-suspecters (along with Lottie and Shasta), yet takes care to appear doubtful and hesitant about voting her. I get a mental image of Agan pushing the bandwagon along before jumping on it with apparent reluctance.
Would you be content if I had pursued a strong and misguided suspicion without a backward glance on day 1? Would that make me seem more innocent? I was hesitant because I was by no means convinced of her guilt. She was my best bet so far, but I voted her in order to eliminate someone I'd continue to be suspicious of in the future, rather than to lynch someone I was sure was a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It's a battle of duty vs my heart telling me I love when you're evil and I like watching you in your full wolvish glory. I mean, it may make me a terrible person to say, and I'm certainly rubbish at the tango, but I still love our dances, even if we might be on opposite sides.
You, sir, are a misguided voyeur. Anyway should I take the last sentence as a confession?

A word or two about Boromir. When he's innocent, he plays the seer in order to protect the real one. He even does that when he's the seer himself because everyone is used to it, or because no one would think the real seer would be so obvious, or something. What I thought after his first posts was, "He's either the seer who's dreamed of me and wants to get my attention in order to do some shiny plotting (and in case you wonder about his suspicion of me, it does compute. He could totally have faked suspecting his known innocent for a while if it had saved him a night or two), or he's a wolf who wants me to believe that. Or then he's an ordo, but if that's the case he's up to something I simply don't understand." You know why? Because his tone was as ungenuine as it gets. It wasn't something one just thought when you read a post, it was something you had planned to do and jumped at the first opportunity to do it. What he said was not honest, but as I said, an innocent Boro might not be always honest either. I wasn't sure of his intentions until his ever continuing suspicion and vote for me, and I can't say I'm even now sure he's a wolf, but when we're talking about him, that's a lot more likely than stubborn and misguided innocent.

Of course it is possible he's underestimating me as a wolf, or I'm overestimating myself as a wolf (even if that's not very likely ), and we're in fact two innocents too enthusiastic about our little dance to back off, but if that's so, we'll have to choose a different dance next time that doesn't make our heads spin so badly. That involves him not trying to test me, me not realising he's doing it, and both of us playing accordingly ever since.

Anyway, the part he's trying to play now is lynching me. I'm very much amused by the whole thing, and it's something I probably shouldn't say aloud because I understand our interaction must look interesting enough to you all even without it, but I can't really help it. I'm rather sure I'll be voting for Boro today, for two reasons: one, what I just said about him. Two, when a mutual suspicion gets this far, I won't have eyes for anyone else. So whoever is/are wolves beside Boro & Greenie will have a moment of peace right now.

I should add, Boro, dancing with you is in many ways much more fun than Greenie.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-16-2012 at 03:54 PM. Reason: since Glirdy
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:00 PM   #167
Pomegranate
Wight

Pomegranate is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Back around. I agree with Greenie in many points. Drawing on what I said earlier and on Greenie's points against sally and somewhat Agan (who to me seems like she was dragged to the whole fight with Boro instead of by herself actually dragging attention her way - like Boro did), I've got my main suspects from both the ones who voted for Gal, and the ones who didn't:

Voters: Inzil - For what I said earlier. I think she's more suspicious than Agan, who's the second of my suspects in this category.

Others: sally - for being unproductive, for giving the Gal or Bom -ultimatum and on the last moment voting for Bom, when there was already somewhat enough votes for Galadriel.

Now I'm in for looking through with concentration on what everyone has said today, it might change my mind on these.

edit. x/ed with Lottie and Agan
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am home from work, and will attend to the thread as soon as I've eaten dinner.

Also, harrumph. I hate being wrong, especially with things like yesterDay. Probable guilt of Bom aside (such an obvious revenge vote pings my radar more than almost anything), I was terribly off the mark with Galadriel, and I apologize for that.

And toDay I shall make up for it by (hopefully) lynching a villain. To that momentarily.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-16-2012 at 04:28 PM. Reason: I should not make typos. Ever. Thus, I fix my mistake and facepalm along.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #169
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I am not thrilled with the two Agan votes. One came, seemingly out of the blue (or at least it seemed that way to me) from Boro, and seems to be due to some reasoning of his that the rest of us are not privvy to.
I like that you say it's out of the blue in spite of everything Boro has said about me so far, because I think so too. As I see it, he kept testing me till he knew if I'd fall for his tricks, and when I showed I wouldn't, he decided to get me lynched.
Anyway glad you liked the song!

Would it be awfully vain of me to judge people based on what they've said about me & Boro's little chat?

Would it be awfully inconsiderate of me to vote now and go to bed because I have a long day tomorrow and Lommy kept me up way long last night?

Oh and on second thought, I'm not feeling quite as bad about Greenie as about Boro. She just irritates me, and I feel like she's been purposefully neglectful in order to size me up through wolfy-coloured glasses.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:18 PM   #170
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

An hour left and two votes cast for Agan, who I am in extreme reluctance to vote for. Her whole tone seems legitimately genuine, especially with her last few posts...on the other hand, that's what a BN Agan would want us to think.

I, like Nate am more inclined to vote for Zil or Sally. Zil's vote at the end of the Day yesterDay just does not sit well. It almost seed strategic in it's placement, securing the death of our Anborn. He gave no reasosns of his own and just sort of latched onto what was previously stated by Agan, Lottie and Shasta. Why not stick to your gut instincts and vote for someone you had really wanted to, even I it had been a "throw away".

Sally's vote also does not sit well. Again, well enough placed to draw attention away from G55. Her submarining is also a growing anxiousness of mine. Yet i've seen sallycakes do this as a Gifted as well, which is why I'm more hesitant to vote for her.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:19 PM   #171
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
This Aganzir and Boromir thing is really making my head hurt. Especially all this jazz about dancing and scheming, it is like watching dreadful reality television.

I felt quite good about Aganzir on day1, but not so much anymore. It might just be this weird interaction with Boromir, for I can find little else in her posts that should make me uneasy.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #172
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Mkay, my Boy is all rubbing my shoulders and it's wonderful and it's a really persuasive argument to go eat dinner with him, plus I already know who I'm going to vote (since he's the only one I suspect at all), so I'm going to vote now and run.

++Glirdan

Good luck, all! Kill a wolf for me while I'm out, kay?
Old 01-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #173
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
This Aganzir and Boromir thing is really making my head hurt. Especially all this jazz about dancing and scheming, it is like watching dreadful reality television.
That's how it is, though. He did something, I countered by doing something, he countered, so forth, all the while knowing what the other was doing (or so I'd like to think). Dance is not an entirely bad comparison.

Quote:
I felt quite good about Aganzir on day1, but not so much anymore. It might just be this weird interaction with Boromir, for I can find little else in her posts that should make me uneasy.
I am going to be very upset if people start suspecting me because of Boro's antics!

Anyway. Time for the dip.

++BOROMIR

Sorry I haven't been of more use today. And just so the rest of you know, I would very much like not to be lynched.

Bedtime! Because yes, sometimes even the 20 more minutes matter.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-16-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: xed with Lottie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 04:44 PM   #174
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Twenty minute left and it's as quiet as a graveyard....well, I must vote as I am on my way to work and my technological device from which I'm posting is dying, soo...

++Zil

His vote placement and his agreeing with everything everyone says and his lack of having any true substance that is his own.

I'll be around as long as my phone doesn't day/ until I get to work, whichever happens to come first.

EDIT: that should be die, not day........*mutters inaudible curses at auto-correct*. And Xed with Agan
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #175
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
[Sally's] submarining is also a growing anxiousness of mine.
And I'm not allowed to have a career, is that it?

[/Doctor Who references]

I find the following three things of particular interest.

1. How much/little people are talking about last Night's kill. PomPom and Rune seem loathe to discuss it at all, while Boro and Glirdan seem like-minded in that Nog was not targeted because he could be a future threat. Boro should know better than that, if you ask me. If you have a player like Nog in your game, you know that eventually he's going to either figure out things or stir up trouble (or possibly both). Killing him before he causes trouble for the wolves indicates people who fear and/or respect him, not players who think he's something to be discarded. Last Night's kill could tell us a lot about the pack's dynamics, but people seem to not want to acknowledge that fact.

2. How little people have said about Bom's vote yesterDay. After having said nothing (correct?) about Rune, he suddenly votes him, not because of what he said or the kind of posts he'd made, but simply because Rune voted for him. I'd suspected him before, along with Galgiftriel, but what tipped the scales for me was that sudden but unexpected betra- revenge vote.

3. Boro vs. Agan. Unfortunately, I'm not currently clear which one (if either) I trust. (Although I must admit it's good to see a proper show again.)

Rune is on my radar for trivializing last Night's kill.

PomPom is the same, but she (right?) gets a pass because she wouldn't necessarily know any better.

Bom is still guilty in my book, both for his words toDay and, more importantly, his extremely tyrannosaurosical vote yesterDay.

I need to submit this post and catch up on what's been posted since. That is all.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #176
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Six year old finally left! There's reason I only have one child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Zil's vote at the end of the Day yesterDay just does not sit well. It almost seed strategic in it's placement, securing the death of our Anborn. He gave no reasosns of his own and just sort of latched onto what was previously stated by Agan, Lottie and Shasta. Why not stick to your gut instincts and vote for someone you had really wanted to, even I it had been a "throw away".
I already said why I didn't go for Sally. I dislike wasting a vote.

As for latching on to others' words, what exactly are you doing with Pom's?

I don't want to see Agan lynched, but I don't want to go either.

x/d with Sally
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #177
Pomegranate
Wight

What I'm ending up is, I still don't like Rune for kinda agreeing but leaving doors open. However, I don't think I have enough time to start seriously suspecting him, so I'll have to go with the other two potentials I have, that is, again, Inzil and sally. Of which I'm more inclined to vote for sally, because she hasn't said almost anything today, which annoys me. On the other hand, I afraid my annoyance is playing a bigger role than my actual opinions, so I'll stare at the posts for a while before making my decision.

edit. hehe, x/ed with Inzil and sally
Old 01-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #178
Bom Tombadillo
Wight

Bom Tombadillo has just left Hobbiton.
Errrr. I can't make sense of anything (to myself, much less to you lot) long enough to make a coherent argument right one, especially feeling pressed for time, so:

++Aganzir

For whatever reason, she seems the more suspicious of the Boro/Agan pair.

Edit: x'd with everybody since Glirdan. Also, corrected my vote.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #179
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Point being here, hope sally doesn't mind if I use her as an example. She's really not that hard to figure out, and she definitely posts a lot but feels more inclined to amuse the mod, and if innocent, obviously will help by figuring out who's judgement she can trust and hopefully that leads to lynching wolves. But she'll always for the most part, keep whatever her thoughts are secret, until she figures out who's trustworthy and who isn't. Same thing, she's got a style, it suits her and hopefully she enjoys it.
I'm offended that you find my lack of substance to be in fact a lack of substance. I'm constantly playing the village, even when I'm not playing the village. Information, my sweet. I require information, and one of the best ways to get it is to invoke responses from those from whom you can acquire said information.

(Obviously I'm not really offended. Also, this game, I have been rather slacking, for which I apologize. I'm not up for my usual games this, well, game.)
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #180
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bom Tombadillo View Post
Errrr. I can't make sense of anything (to myself, much less to you lot) long enough to make a coherent argument right one, especially feeling pressed for time, so:

Aganzir

Come on, Bom! There are better options!
Old 01-16-2012, 04:56 PM   #181
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
What is the feeling about BomT ?

Worth a vote again today, or would it be a waste?

Old 01-16-2012, 04:57 PM   #182
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Bom's at the top of my list. Have a nice Day.

EDIT: x'd since his vote, which now makes it a response to Rune's inquiry
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #183
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Fine.

++Bom

I don't want Agan lynched.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #184
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

++Bom

Also, sir, your vote is still improperly formatted.

EDIT: x'd with Dun
Old 01-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #185
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am not voting for Boromir.

Inzil is an option, but I would also consider BomT

Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #186
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

++BomT

Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #187
Pomegranate
Wight

++Inzil

edi. started, but realised I don't actually know how to make that red, and don't have time to find out before the dl!

Last edited by Pomegranate; 01-16-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Pomegranate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:00 PM   #188
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Highlight, Rune.

ETA: Good lad.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #189
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
DAY 2 HAS ENDED.

Okay. Pitch has a problem and is not able to handle this right now (he just called me). He asked me to act in his role for a moment.

I'll count the votes and let you know the result of what you've done in a moment...

Patience...

Also those needing to do so should send their Nightly stuff to me until further notice.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay. If I'm correct the votes were:

Boro -> Agan
Greenie -> Agan2
Lottie -> Glirdy
Agan -> Boro
Glirdy -> Inzil
Bom -> Agan3 (NH)
Inzil -> Bom
Sally -> Bom2
Rune -> Bom3
Nate -> Inzil2 (NH)

(NH = not highlighted vote)

Luckily I don't have to take a stance into whether non-highlighted votes count or not as the ruling is clear here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the rules
In case of a tie, the last player to reach the required number of votes will be lynched, being the best-informed choice of the Rangers.
So as the (last) one who gained three votes Bom Tombadillo is lynched and he is... a black Numenórean!

It's N3 and nightly-ones should do their bussiness. Hush others.

Good Night and good luck!

PS. I'll make list & stuff tomorrow as it's half past 1AM now and I'm going back to sleep...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-16-2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #191
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Day 3

I’m not going to mess with Pitchie’s storyline as he might come back soonish and I’d hate to destroy his possible plans by putting in ideas of my own which might contradict his. And even if I'd wanted to, I'd not have time to write one today anyway... If his absence takes longer I’ll promise you narrations and a few gruesome deaths. But for now you have to be content with a kind of minimalistic modding.

So the rangers wake up to face the third day of their nightmare... without Sally.

DEAD:
Pitch (Mod) - pushed over the edge Night 1
Gal55 (Anborn) – pricked to death Day 1
Nog (ordo) - silenced with a pipe down his windpipe on Night 2
Bom (Black Numenórean) – lynched on Day 2
Sallykins (ordo) – killed on Night 3

ALIVE:
Agan
Greenie
Boro
Glirdan
Inzil
Lottie
Nate
Rune
Shasta

DAY 3 HAS BEGUN. Stop all PMing and let the trial continue.
Old 01-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #192
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I wanted to say a few things...

First off. Since Bom's death has given me an epiphany.

My focus on Agan yesterday was mostly out of laziness and excessive pride in refusing to back out of a challenging dance.

And I was going to start with I am going to trust Rune and sally above anyone else today...but well I guess since those BNs are nasty with killing sally, it's down to Rune.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:40 PM   #193
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Obviously I was off base about Sally, but a dead BN is an excellent consolation prize.

When it was crunch time, I just didn't want Agan lynched and went with Bom, which luckily worked out.

So I guess the question would be, "why Sally?", though it seems obvious due to Bom being evil. I was wondering why they went for her and not me or Rune, but I guess the fact that she basically started the ball rolling on Bom did it.

A good place to start today would be to look back over Bom's posts. But not while I'm having to use this tablet computer.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #194
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Why Rune, Boro?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #195
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Bom

Technology is a wonderful thing, but it's nice to have a real keyboard.
Smilies removed.

Day 1

Quote:
Aw, pie. I got my times mixed up and will have rather less time to post around DL than I thought, so if my votes seem rushed/I lack information about things I should know you now know why.

I solemnly swear I am up to no Law, Good, or even Neutral. Chaotic Evil all the way!

Also, G55, Sally and I are wolves (first three posters, y'see). Lynch us now.
First post. Funny how he jokingly gave away his alignment. Obviously he's not truthful about the last part.

Quote:
Indeed.

--Loslote

Also ~~Loslote, ==Loslote, and <><>Loslote.

That'll teach her not to act on the mountain of evidence on Day 1!
Banter about Lottie.

Quote:
That's the second time in a row it's told me to spread some reputation around before repping sally again. I don't remember having repped her in the first place.

Next poster, don't forget the . Let's see how long we can keep the chain going.
I left that smilie in. Nothing but banter.

Quote:
Blrrrrg. Day 1's . . . even once serious discussion starts, I can never keep them straight.

We dursn't like Shasta, no, precious, we dursn't like him at all. Nice G55 just seems to want answers and avoid misunderstandings (nasty, nassssty misunderstandings) to me - so would we, were we less busy reveling in the chaos.
Casts some minor suspicion on Shasta, no reason given, and G55. And "revels in the chaos". In retrospect he gave some clues, couching them in jokes.

Quote:
*sigh* I'm a bit lost now and without enough time to do a thorough reread, but . . .

++Rune Son of Bjarne

I dunno. He might be genuine, but attacking me specifically for lack of content just seems odd to me.
And a vote for Rune, which Sally quickly attacked as a "revenge" vote.

Day 2

Quote:
Bllllrg. As Glirdan said, awfully quiet today. Maybe the wolves are trying to keep their heads down?

I wasn't really bothered by PomPom's swift skill - I assumed she'd done what I did, which was to read several games before actually joining one (or the 'Downs themselves). I did consider the alternative but since it was D1 at the time, she got a newbie pass.

Regarding this:

from Shasta, I do believe the problem is: what information? Nog made a total of four posts, all substance-less with the exception of a statement that he thinks both Boro and Agan innocent. No suspicions, and nobody suspected him.

So, we've basically got the same things to discuss as yesterday, except we're now two innocents closer to defeat.

I'll check in periodically to see if the aforementioned wolves decide to poke their heads up, and possibly to mingle with you commons. No promises, though.
Defends Pom's acumen as a newbie. Responds to Shasta, saying Nog didn't leave much to analyze as to why he was killed.

Quote:

++Aganzir

Pops in with a late vote for Agan, but failed to highlight it.

And that's it.

There are many interactions with people, but hardly anything of substance. He said early on he didn't like Shasta, but never mentioned it again. He did defend Pom as well.

His votes were for Rune apparently, as Sally noted, a response to Rune's vote for him. Each was the first vote for the other.

The other vote was for Agan. I think that speaks for her innocence. His vote would have been the third for her, with everyone else in the running for a lynch only with one. There were still many left to vote, and she was obviously the lynch du jour. Maybe he counted on others following up behind him.

I guess it's possible he "forgot" to highlight purposefully, but still you'd think if he and Agan were mates he would have given a vote that counted to someone else
Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #196
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Why Rune, Boro?
He's been the first and main "lynch Bom" voice since the start. I know sally pointed out she didn't like Bom's revenge vote for Rune.

I admit that can look pre-planned if Rune and Bom were BN's but I don't see why Rune would keep bringing up wanting to lynch Bom for the fact he wasn't being more helpful. And Bom's immediate revenge-vote reaction just doesn't look pre-planned to me. I should have actually listened to sally instead of casting it off as "Bom is being like Bom and let me continue prodding Agan because I'm too lazy to think about anything else."
Old 01-17-2012, 10:36 PM   #197
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

During the Boro-Agan battle itself, I didn't really think either one were wolves (though I was more inclined to trust Agan than Boro. But when I read this:

Quote:
I wanted to say a few things...

First off. Since Bom's death has given me an epiphany.

My focus on Agan yesterday was mostly out of laziness and excessive pride in refusing to back out of a challenging dance.
It did not sit well with me. I mean, yes, I accept that whatever it was he was doing yesterDay didn't work and needed to be stopped, but someone the tone just feels...contrived to me, somehow.

Quote:
I should have actually listened to sally instead of casting it off as "Bom is being like Bom and let me continue prodding Agan because I'm too lazy to think about anything else."
It feels like he could have said "I goofed, sorry, moving on to hunt wolves now", but he's not moving on - he's bringing up the point again and dwelling on it, and while he's stopped doing one form of ineffective time-killing, he's moved right on to another. I'm not convinced that Boro's a wolf - far from it, he's only just in that list that goes right before the "Guilty" list and the "Neutral" one that I can't remember the name of - but I'd like to see a lot more productive wolf-hunting before I stop keeping a very close eye on him.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:08 AM   #198
Pomegranate
Wight

I'm having a somewhat busy day today, and besides that I am baffled. I feel that with Bom being BN I lost the base from all my suspects so far, more or less. Rune gave Bom the final vote and has been wanting him lynched for quite a while, sally's dead, Bom gave Agan a vote he could've seen as final, Inzil voted for Bom as well, though I guess he couldn't have foreseen the rush of votes Bom would get on the final minute. I'll have to look around, but I'm afraid I don't have the time yet. Will try my best later.
Old 01-18-2012, 06:40 AM   #199
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomegranate View Post
I'm having a somewhat busy day today, and besides that I am baffled. I feel that with Bom being BN I lost the base from all my suspects so far, more or less. Rune gave Bom the final vote and has been wanting him lynched for quite a while, sally's dead, Bom gave Agan a vote he could've seen as final, Inzil voted for Bom as well, though I guess he couldn't have foreseen the rush of votes Bom would get on the final minute. I'll have to look around, but I'm afraid I don't have the time yet. Will try my best later.
Apart for the stuff you say about me, this sums up my thoughts about the votes.

As deadline approached, I found my self questioning the innocence of Aganzir and Inziladun. However the know that we now the role of BomT, they don't look so bad.

Of course it could be that BomT voted Aganzir, because she seemed near doomed and it would make him look good. And as Pommy says, it could be a miscalculation on the part of Inzil. That is unlikely however, since it was clear that Sally wanted to get rid of BomT and I too had been critical of him.

Moving on...

I never quite understood Aganzir's vote for Boromir. She plays along with his antics, states that he acts like this all the time and so on. . . I probably need to read through her posts, but right now it seems to me her reaction has been rather odd.

Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 AM   #200
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

So, Lottie, my first post of the Day you're saying it's completely unproductive? That fact that everyone now knows I trust Rune more than anyone else today is completely counter-productive? And that I was possibly in the wrong to vote for Agan yesterday? Again, totally unproductive and you can't possibly read anything out of it?

If you wanted to see the pinnacle of unproductivity from me, I thought you would have remembered my late useless post on the theory of Balrogs and Wings several villages ago.