Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2004, 06:45 PM   #201
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Himaran has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Himaran
Ok: Battle Over!

Rhunians: Lick your wounds, argue, etc. We will be leaving the hushed room in two days (real time).

D/T/P: Time for some thoughtful posts. I think its time our characters got to know one another. We have until the 14th to do this and be on schedule, so there is plenty of time.

Fordim Hedgethistle: Bali and Haenir are having a conversation. You can read Bali's question and post a followup.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #202
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Ok: We now officially do NOT have plenty of time. POST!!!!
Old 06-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #203
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Get these posts up! If we have enough time, there is an interesting plot twist I would like to throw in. It would not work if we are behind schedule, however.

Himaran
Old 06-15-2004, 01:51 PM   #204
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Final Run.....

Ok: We are done in the chamber... so...

The Final Chapter: (outline)

Dwarves:

Decide to leave the chamber and explore the tunnels. And leave Rhun altogether, as there is no treasure. They know that they can beat the Rhunians, but why bother fighting them?

They travel through the tunnels and stumble upon the room where the Rhunians that attacked them are staying.

QUICK BATTLE:
Outcome:

Several Rhunians Die.
Bali is captured.
Rhunians Flee.

Everything above this line needs to be competed by Tuesday, June 22.

Dwarves:

Decide to go and find Bali. He kept them alive through the whole ordeal, so they should repay him.

Rhunians:

Take prisoner to the central cavern: The Council Room.
They decide to use him to lure the dwarves down to them.

Dwarves:

You attack immediately.
You charge into the Council Room before the Rhunians are ready, but slow down when you see Bali with a knife at his throat.

Haenir
spots a large crystal-like ball. He grabs it for some odd reason. Suddenly, the Rhunians shrink back in fear. The crystal ball was found in their Sea by their first leader, and it "protects them." With it in enemy hands, they are afraid.

Dwalin understands this at once. "Hand over Bali," he says in a commanding tone, "Or I will destroy this crystal." He holds his axe over it, threateningly.

They hand over Bali. The dwarves leave peacefully, holding the crystal.

Time for last posts! These are about:

Rhunians: The Crystal is gone! But they dare not go after them. For they will destroy it, and that would kill them all.

Dwarves: Time to go home! The dwarves leave the canyon, scale the plateau, traverse the jungle, and leave Rhun across the waterfall. The wide land spreads out before them. And they have a piece of treasure, invaluable in worth. It will sit in Erebor's hall, displayed for all to see - for the land of Rhun was conquered.

________

The End.

Almost done. Please post - take sections of this plot and post!!! I will put up a save - continue anyway!!!

Himaran
Old 06-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #205
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Narya I'm going on holidays..

I'm just going to drop by now and say that I'm going on holidays. I'll be away from Thursday (evening); 17th of June until Wednesday; 23rd of June. During that time, I will have no omputer access, so I would appreciate if you (Pio or Himaran or anyone else) put up saves for me, as needed.

I'll probably be able to post by next Thursday (24th of June).

However, I've put up a save now, of which I'll fill tomorrow, and I'll try to post early Thursday.

Thanks in advance,
Nova

EDIT: I've filled my save

Last edited by Novnarwen; 06-16-2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:38 AM   #206
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Filled in my save.

Arvedui III: You have a save to fill.

Keep up the conversations - we can stumble around in the tunnels until Saturday, June 19th.

Himaran
Old 06-20-2004, 10:47 AM   #207
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Filled in my save.

Open Battle: Everyone please post!

Outcome: One or more Rhunians die, dwarves injured.

Bali knocked unconcious, captured.

Battle needs to be over by: Wednesday: June 23.

This will be the last battle of the game.

Only on week left!

Himaran
Old 06-21-2004, 01:32 PM   #208
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Fordim Hedgethistle- If you have any objections to my use of Haenir (post #132 on the game thread) please tell me; I'm happy to make corrections.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:10 PM   #209
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
No objection at all -- I love what you've done. And if you don't mind, I rather suspect that Haenir will want to finish what Maulka has begun. . . (heh heh)

(Never fear, however, I've had my fill of killing already -- but there's always room for a scratch or two more).
Old 06-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #210
Will Witfoot
Haunting Spirit

Will Witfoot has just left Hobbiton.
Himaran, I will be away for one week to visit my grandparents and with no chance to get online during the time. As it seems that I will not be there in time for the ending, could you sort of carry Gortek with you? If at all possible I would prefer not to have him killed, as I'm planning on using him later.

I'm sorry that I have not been as active as I should have been (and as I should have liked) in posting in this game, and I'm sorry that I'll not be able to post for the coming week. However, if I make it in time for the ending, I will make the final posts with Gortek myself, if that's alright.
Herein, it is said, the power of Ulmo was shown. For he gathered tidings of all that passed in Beleriand, and every stream that flowed from Middle-earth to the Great Sea was to him a messenger, both to and fro
Old 06-22-2004, 07:25 PM   #211
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Seeing as the game ends in a week, all you will able to do is a last post - but thats not a real problem. Never fear, Gortek will survive.

Rhunians: Retreat to the Council Hall

Dwarves: Mingle in the infirmary. Decide to go after Bali. Charge down the stairway the Rhunians used and into the main chamber - then follow the instructions in my summary post above.

This needs to be done by Thursday, June 24th.

Game ends: Monday, June 28th. (Pio is that correct?)
Old 06-23-2004, 01:50 AM   #212
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Not to slow you down - but since I'm working Monday and Tuesday of next week - you can have the final wrap-up Tuesday if that would be better for you - or at least by Wednesday noon, Pacific Time U.S.

How's that sound?

~*~ Pio
Old 06-23-2004, 03:46 PM   #213
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

White Tree

I am back.. and I have posted.

The Battle has ended, the Rhuians have retreated. Bali is captured and Dwalin wants to go after them.

Please let me know if I should edit my post.

Thanks,
Nova
Old 06-23-2004, 04:59 PM   #214
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Nova: Great Post!

Pio: Sounds good! We might be done before then, though - but no matter.

Dwarves: Following Dwalin's lead, go after the Rhunians - (This is the part of the story where little baby Dwalin takes command of the party that was HIS idea in the first place, and.... saves....the....day. )

Himaran
Old 06-25-2004, 06:32 PM   #215
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Sorry to do this, but I won't have computer access for quite a while and I'm going to miss the end of the game. I had hoped to finish this truly excellent RPG with all of you, but no luck. It's been great gaming, everyone!

Feel free to use Maulká in whatever way benefits the story, even if that involves killing her off. I apologize once more for leaving the game so close to the end. I'll make sure to visit Elvenhome and see how this great story has been concluded the next time I can get to a computer.

-Areste
Old 06-25-2004, 07:58 PM   #216
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Aresteva: Thanks for the notice. We won't kill her.

Dwarves: The council room is in an uproar, with everyone trying to grab Bali. Head in.

Haenir: Find the crystal on the stand near the entrance.

Then the Rhunians stop dead in their tracks.

Dwalin holds his axe over it, and motions for Bali to come over.

The dwarves leave the cavern peacefully, taking the crystal with them

Then its time for last posts.

Himaran
Old 06-26-2004, 01:12 PM   #217
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Common guys, POST! Only three days left, so let's finish this one quickly.
Old 06-27-2004, 12:00 PM   #218
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dark-Eye

Okay, I've filled my save. Sorry for the delay. (I never seem to be able to fill them in the right time, do I? )

Thanks Himaran for putting up a save for me. I'm working on the post now. Should be up later this evening.

Cheers,
Nova

Novnarwen's post - PLACED ON THE GAME THREAD - Pio

Everything had happened to quickly. Before the poor dwarf had given all this thought, he suddenly found himself and the company standing in a chamber, surrounded by these barbarians who were now closing in on them. Their blades were raised, and their eyes were lit up with a certain desire to end all of their petty little lives. They were ready to strike any moment now. But with a movement so fast, that the eye might have missed it, Hænir darted unexpectedly towards something which had obviously caught his attention. Grabbing a hold of whatever it was, everyone went silent. The Rhuians, who seemed quite pleased by the company’s arrival, seemed now to be in shock. Their muttering, their giggling and their smirking; all was gone. Now, everyone seemed rather tense. The barbarians, stood with mouths open, heaving after air. What was happening? Even Dwalin felt his sweaty hands almost losing their grip of his axe, which he had raised to defend himself.

After a few seconds, as Hænir had grabbed whatever it was, he came hurrying back towards Dwalin. Showing sign to hold his hands out, Hænir handed him something . . . a stone . . . Dwalin looked hesitatingly at him and at the shining object. The Dwarf hadn’t noticed its light before, but now, as it shone so clearly before his eyes, he couldn’t take his eyes from it. Was it gold? Was this the treasure they had come all the way from Erebor to get? He wondered. As he got a proper look of it, it actually reminded him of the moon. It was letting out this silvery light; which gave the impression of being an orb. No, this was not at all gold.

“Lad, I think I could use your help with this; just hold your axe above this trinket and make like you’re about ready to break it. Maybe that will convince them to give us back our leader!" Hænir said.

"Wow, this must be valuable!" Dwalin muttered to himself, not quite following Hænir’s way of thinking. He kept staring at it, feeling numb all over, as if a spell had been cast over him. It didn’t exactly reflect anything, so it was most definitely not some kind of mirror. It wasn’t gold either, and it could certainly not be silver. It was way too heavy for that. “But it must be valuable," Dwalin muttered again, as he was able to turn his attention towards the Rhuians, Hænir and Bali. And just then, he knew what Hænir had meant. It was valuable, very valuable. If it wasn't, why else would the Rhuians stand so still as if it was the end of the world? None of them had in fact moved after Hænir had got his hands on it.

Out of the corner of his eye, he could spot Bali. He tried to give him a wave. But as he was about to wave to Bali with his axe in his left hand and the orb in his right, he realised that it was quite complicated, and naturally he failed. He tried again, now almost losing his grip on the orb. There was a loud uproar in the crowd of Rhuians, as they saw how Dwalin had almost dropped the orb to the ground. The fear in their eyes showed that this thing, which Dwalin was holding, was something of the most precious they had. Giving this one more thought, Dwalin held his axe over the orb. Again, there was shouting and screaming. Frightened Rhuians looked as if they wanted to get a hold of the dwarf who was threatening to destroy the orb, but because of their fear that he would destroy it, they kept still. Dwalin smirked, hearing Hænir.

"Let the dwarf go, and I shall not give him," Hænir pointed at Dwalin, "orders to destroy it." The Rhuians looked sceptically at Hænir, showing no sign of letting Bali go. As Dwalin knew that they definitely had the advantage in this situation, he giggled. He lifted his axe, looked at the Rhuians who were surrounding them and Bali, ready to strike. Once more the Rhuians looked terrified, and they seemed to be having a disagreement. Dwalin couldn't make out what they said, but they seemed quite angry. "Don't give them anymore time," Hænir whispered into Dwalin air. He nodded, and sank his axe slowly. Just then, there was a loud scream from one of the Rhuians. As if seen a ghost, the Rhuian's white face lit up the chamber. Everyone seemed to turn their attention towards Dwalin and the company, who had just earlier burst into the room. Everyone held their breaths, looking horrified.

Just before the axe would have destroyed the orb with the beautiful light, movements from the corner interrupted Dwalin’s concentration. From where Bali stood, also holding his breath, the Rhuians spread to give the dwarf room to walk pass them. Dwalin looked surprisingly around, very pleased with himself.

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-28-2004 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:08 PM   #219
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Nova: Sounds good! Thanks for filling them in quickly.

Everyone: Time for last posts!

Dwarves, Travelers, and Arvedui III (if you are still out there):

Your final posts should be about heading up the canyon, scaling the plateau, going through the jungle, and exiting Rhun under the waterfall; just like how we came in. You can take one or more of these things and post about them, summing up your characters feelings about the game.

Saraphim: As the only remaining Rhunian, your last post can be about the reaction the whole tribe has to losing their sacred crystal. Be creative - good luck!

After enough people have last posts up, I will post my epilogue to the story and we are done. Hurry! The game cannot end any later than Tuesday.

Himaran
Old 06-28-2004, 01:47 PM   #220
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
I've put up my final post and left the end of it ambiguous as to what happens with the globe. Given who Haenir is, there is no way he would consciously steal another people's sacred object, so I have him all ready to return it to Maulka.

I leave it to you Himaran, how to resolve this in your Epilogue. If you want Haenir to give it up, then that's good by me. If you want the Dwarves to keep it, you'd best have Bali notice what Haenir is about to do and then stop him!

Fun game all!
Old 06-29-2004, 09:45 AM   #221
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Boots Las post and goodbyes..

Hi!

Here is my last post.

Novnarwen's post -Dwalin - POSTED ON RPG ~*~ PIO

It was a silent company that set out that day. When thinking about what they had been through, especially after the last event, Dwalin understood why. Now he found himself deep in thought however. Not only had he doubted that his brother was alive, been bitten by a snake, lost the map, seen Kain die, but he'd also promised these dwarves treasures. In fact, Dwalin had to admit, he had imagined mountains of gold and oceans of silver. Unfortunately, that had only been a dream not coming true. All they had was the crystal ball they had taken from the Rhuians, and what were they supposed to do with it? Dwalin didn't at all mind Hænir wanting to give it back to the Rhuians, as he would certainly not find it in useful in any way.

The lack of treasures and their misfortune was eating Dwalin up inside, as they walked in silence. And if that wasn't enough, he kept thinking about the second voice in his head; the one that had said all those things about him being jealous at Bali. Had he not proven himself in the chamber, when he had saved his brother's life? Dwalin frowned, being ashamed of himself. How should he not have saved him? They were brothers! And yes, he cared for him very much. Was he really jealous, or did he just admire him? Those were two very different things, but hard to tell apart. Deciding that he would have to think this through, he snorted and followed the others.

Soon, the company found themselves looking into the eyes of one of the Rhuians; a woman. Dwalin had seen her in the chamber. She, too, had stood stricken, as if the world was about to end when the dwarves threatened to destroy the orb. At the time, Dwalin hadn't felt anything. He hadn't offered her a thought. Now on the other hand, he realised, by looking at her, that it was right to give it back. As Hænir handed the crystal ball of to the woman, Dwalin smiled. They hadn't found any treasures, but Dwalin settled with the thought of Hænir showing such nobility was a treasure in itself. He only hoped that the others settled with this thought as well.

For each step however, as they got closer and closer to Erebor, Dwalin had difficulties coping and believing that they were on their way home from a perilous adventure. It had only brought but misfortune to all of them, so it was no wonder why he couldn’t cope with it. Or was it? After the company passed the sea of where Kain had died, Dwalin couldn't stop thinking of this event. Had it been his fault? After all, it had been he who had dragged the dwarves out on this quest. And what did any of them come home with except a story about bad fortune and much misery? He shook his head. At last, Dwalin had made up his mind.

"I need to talk to you," he whispered into Bali's ear. "But it can wait until we get home."

He turned his gaze to sky as they were coming out from the jungle. Far ahead he could spot a bird, flying. Was it coming towards them, to meet them, or would it be waiting for them when they came hurrying along the road out of Rhûn? Dwalin wondered.

Thank you for a wonderful Game, Himaran.

It has been great gaming with all of you! I hope we can do it again some time soon.

Thanks again,
Nova

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-29-2004 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 PM   #222
Himaran
Ash of Orodruin

Never fear, Fordim - Honor is of far more importance than even treasure to a dwarf, especially one like Bali. There may actually be peace between the Rhunians and the dwarves now, but that is left to the reader to decide.

Everyone:

Some have dropped out, others resigned, and some simply disappeared. But many of you stayed with the game, and finished it. This was a long road, and occasionally I became frustrated that I had to prod everyone so much to move the plot along.

But here were are - done. And the game was completed on schedule. You are all great writers, and have bright futures ahead in the role playing world. Thank you all for making my third RPG a success!

See you all in other games!

The Happiest Barrowdowner,
Himaran
Old 06-30-2004, 12:35 AM   #223
Saraphim
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saraphim has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saraphim
The Eye

Ditto, Himaran. It has certainly been a long road, and you finished it well. I was in hysterics over the last line of your post, and the game.

Thanks to everyone for a really fun and quite interesting game!
Old 06-30-2004, 03:54 PM   #224
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~