The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2002, 08:07 PM   #1
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Vala has just left Hobbiton.
Sting Dreams of what must come and what must be!

Dreams of what must come and what must be! What i would like to tell you is that even if you do not believe but actually we are all in this together. i have had many dreams before having any knowledge of Middle earth and each time i am fast with a new problem. i am not my self any more. I have become this girl who was once me (i think).... but have you ever felt this way before. I mean i you ever really known you are not to be here like this is a mistake. I know i do. Anyways pleas comment on what i says. Tell me any dreams you have had or who you really are in side and out.

Love Vala
I wish I knew who I really am. but in side myself I hide. waiting for the day when my true love comes to take me away. but even then do I realize I am not me. but i hope through time you will learn to love me. Valamara
Vala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 09:09 AM   #2
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

It looks like you have something very interesting to say, but can you please be more explicit?
Old 10-03-2002, 12:20 AM   #3
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

sorry i was in a hurry.

anyways what i mean is i am not me anymore. and it is all because off what i believe in. my dreams tell me what is and is not to be. each time i have a dream bassed on my life of could have been my life i get lost. i have become this girl who was once half hobbit and half elf. i know it sounds funny. and i may be only 16 yrs of age. but to be thruthfull we are all in this together. from dreams to thoughts. i wish i could explain it more. anyways have you ever had a dream so real you know it happend at one point in time. even if it was before we had any knowlege of man. i mean could adam be really the first man on earth. don't get me wrong i mean i am not debating reliligon. i am a muslim and i totaly belive in god but could we be wrong. ther could have been life to us way befor this. all i ask is for your opinion. and what kinda dreams link you to your way of life. i mean i do not even know who i am. even my parents do not know the real me. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
I wish I knew who I really am. but in side myself I hide. waiting for the day when my true love comes to take me away. but even then do I realize I am not me. but i hope through time you will learn to love me. Valamara
Old 10-04-2002, 03:15 AM   #4
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Sting

I think you have a point here. Give me a little more time to think it over.
What you're describing is sort of a deja-vu, right?
Old 10-05-2002, 11:55 PM   #5
Taure Leafsilver
Wight

Taure Leafsilver has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Taure Leafsilver
Tolkien

whoa! THIS IS VERY INTERESTING! DESCIBE MORE
Old 10-06-2002, 08:55 PM   #6
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

Ok.... this is really hard to say. I started to have these dreams about a year ago. Before I new any thing about middle earth of any weird live of weird things. I was a normal girl living in Roswell New Mexico. I was 14 years old.
Exactly a month after my b-day I started to have dreams of mist. The mist would surround me in all places. It was a very cold mists not any thing like I have ever felt before. I was scared. I new I was only dreaming but it felt so weird. In my dream I was someone different. I felt like I was hiding from something…something terrible. Then it would jump to a new land and I was not a lone. There were these people, some short some tall and some had weird shapes to them. It was hard enough to be there not knowing were I was. Then they just sort of stopped. Like the dreams were not important. There an again I would have I dream where I was running in the forest bare footed. I felt free and so determine to see this in reality.
Then I heard this movie was coming out. LOTR. It seemed like a good movie. Any ways I saw it 4 times. I could not stop. It was like I was watching memories on a screen. ……… This sounds like I am just a big fan. Well I started to get scared for some reason. I looked up on Tolkien’s history. I even read his essay on a “fairy story”. I took his ideas and thoughts very seriously. He gave me inspiration. But I got to thinking. Could he be telling the truth? I mean is there a world out there which we have forgotten or wanted nothing to do with because of our greediness and expansion of technology. We have mad them leave. Because we will never have the loveliness and protection of the land we have stolen.
I started to read books on these things. Not just Tolkien but other authors of the same field. We have taken what was given to us but we are tarring it apart. We have chased them out of our lives and have no memory of these people and creatures that ounce lived. We would not know these stories or even a part of a story if it were not true. For years people have been trying to tell what a fairy story is or even why people have a thought on if the ever lives. But it did.
After my 15 b-day I started to have more dreams. Some with actual people in them. People think I ounce knew or have seen. I started to act different. My parents were not my parents. My life was not my like. Even what I think its not me. I have tried so hard to understand myself for the past year. Then these dreams started to come to me.
…………………………. But what I am about to say will sound gay… I mean like you want believe me and if you do not that is fine but I think I really need some one to talk to.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:51 PM   #7
Finandriel

Sting

I know what you mean when you say that you feel like Tokien is telling the truth and that once there was a world like Middle Earth. I like to believe that it will come again and when Galadriel says to Treebeard in ROTK, "Not in Middle-earth, nor until the lands that lie under the wave are lifted up again. Then in the willow-meads of Tasarnian we may meet in the Spring" That always gives me hope that the things Tolkien talked about will come again. Our modern world no longer values the magical and the imagination and this is very sad because these things are very important.
Old 10-08-2002, 04:40 AM   #8
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

Vala - are you sure these dreams and thoughts aren't just a reaction to the fact that most people around you are too dull for words - and you sometimes feel like an outsider among them and you wish, you hope for an alternate reality where you would feel 'at home'?
Sorry - that is a bit too obvious self-characterization [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But tell me if you recognize yourself in the aforementioned words.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:19 AM   #9
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Silmaril

To be honest. I do not see myself as being apart of this life. Like I am not supposed to be here. Yes it is true everyone is the same in my life and I am the one different. But there is a reason. Not to get personal or anything with my life but here it goes. When I was born people said I was different. I did not act like babies did at my age. I could see almost clearly and I was very quiet. My real mother was adopted. I do not know here side of the story of her real parents. But I am searching now. But I do know they come from Europe. My father is a half Native American plus white and Irish…i have never fit into my family. My sister and brother live with my mom and I live with my dad…
I have been thinking of what is in my blood. Like where do I really come from? And I have know realized its not from here. I have always longed for a family of which was my own. I yearn for the life of freedom of technology. But I am stuck on a chain of guilt. I want to fit in. then again I do not. For I am scared if I do I will parish into a woman of stupidity and go in sain. Sorry if you might fell wrongly about it.
I do know one thing and that is something is out there I and I hope to find it. I really do. I am scared but if I have the determination to find what Tolkien has been looking for or actually found then I will do the same.
As for my dreams if I tell you please do not laugh. For this is not some fan dream or anything I made up. There are not a lot of people who believe in the life we could have. …..I recommend Tolkien’s essay on a fairy story it will be worth the time.

Love Vala…tell me if you would like to here my dreams…. thank you for your time.
[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2002, 08:53 PM   #10
Jeli Baggins
Haunting Spirit

Jeli Baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Jeli Baggins
Sting

wow that is so interesting. i think a lot about what will happen when Jesus comes back to earth and everone either goes to heaven or hell (i hope not to offend neone!!!!) if you live eterally in heaven, and every is either there or not there, and there's no Earth, what next. the earth is the only thing we noe. wow that's hard to explain and i don't even noe if it had nething to do w/ what your talking about.

again, not meant to offend neone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hate what people have done to this earth, and no matter what, i always will. and i will never enjoy life here to it's fullest. to me it seems like everyone else around me is suppose to be here, and they all seem to love it, i agree w/ you Vala when you say that you don't feel like you belong here. and yes, i would luv to hear your dreams. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
"My dear Frodo! Hobbits really are amazing creatures. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you." ~ Gandalf to Frodo
Jeli Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 08:29 AM   #11
Anastasia
Haunting Spirit

Anastasia has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Anastasia
Sting

This is soooo interesting...
Now I feel like an ordinary dull, stupid person...
Old 10-12-2002, 04:35 PM   #12
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

VanimaEdhel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to VanimaEdhel Send a message via MSN to VanimaEdhel
Silmaril

Do you know what I have come to the realization of over the past years...or I think I have realized...I have come to believe, in any event?

That all these religions...Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, Shintoism, Confucianism, Spiritism, Wicca...all of them...are true. I believe that they are all true and where we go after we die depends on what we believe in life.

You, for example, Jeli, you believe you'll get into Heaven right? Well, that means that your soul will find it's way to Heaven soon after you die. All of you: wherever you honestly believe your soul will end up is where it will end up. You will all meet your God(ess)(s)(esses), and will be happy for all eternity. Now isn't that a nice thought? No more hatred of each other, no more violence: we are all just going to go our ways after we die to where we "belong"...
Old 10-12-2002, 10:11 PM   #13
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Yes, and if I think my traffic light is green and the person to my left thinks his/her traffic light is green, we're both right and nobody's wrong and we won't crash into each other... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I am going to really regret posting this...sorry Vala I didn't want to turn your thread into an arguement. But c'mon, VanimaEdhel, opposing viewpoints cannot be all correct. (Not that I'm excusing violence as a result of opposing viewpoints...that's even worse.)

[ October 13, 2002: Message edited by: Diamond18 ]
Old 10-13-2002, 03:31 PM   #14
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

*Wishes she had bookmarked the section, but doesn't feel like rereading all of The Bible to find it*

There is this one place in the Old Testament of the Bible where I could have sworn they spoke of other gods, but I cannot be sure...I wish I had bookmarked it. I'm not sure if they voiced them as evil, good, whatever...

If you look: all religions overlap. That's why I think that they are all true. It is because of our belief in them that they exist. If we did not believe in them, none of them would exist...

We do not know the power of the human mind, is another way to see it. We don't know what it is capable of. We only use about 3% of it, maybe we unconsciously use another 2% of it that might make what we believe true. You never know. It may just be because I believe in so much magic in the world that I believe in it, but yes, I seriously do believe this.

Also makes me feel better about myself when people claim I am going to Hell just because I was never Christened/Baptized/whatever you do...I don't do any of it. I am happy with my Spiritist/Wicca/Buddhist outlook, thank you very much, and, if I believe in something else, those people that insult me will be the first to know! And: I don't want you to change your religion because your religion is right as well, I honestly believe! Just live as you desire, I was just telling you of my personal outlook on life and I don't think that anyone should care what other people's religions are, I was just supporting a statement of mine that was questioned, something I learned to do in Debate on the comment
Quote:
I am going to really regret posting this...sorry Vala I didn't want to turn your thread into an arguement. But c'mon, VanimaEdhel, opposing viewpoints cannot be all correct.
And: worry not: I am not posting on this thread any more, I just wanted to say my opinion with that last post *points*, but felt that I should further support my argument...

[ October 14, 2002: Message edited by: VanimaEdhel ]
Old 10-13-2002, 05:47 PM   #15
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Silmaril

Well, I predict that this thread is going to be closed any time now...I repeat, I'm sorry Vala. So I'll make this short and to the point, and leave out my own opinions. I'll just quote Exodus 20:2-5 (NIV).

Quote:
I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God.
I'll just add that I think Middle-earth Mayhem isn't exactly the place for theological disscussions, or dream analysis. I'd just like to advise Vala that if you're having identity problems, you should seek more qualified help than we can give you.

VanimaEdhel, if the topic isn't closed next time you visit it, please post the book chapter and verse of the passage you quoted. I would not dream of forcing you to change your religion, but I am saying that it is most definitely not the same as mine, so please don't try to assimilate them.
Old 10-13-2002, 11:10 PM   #16
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Shield

sorry but this has nothing to do with my post. i mean i was not really talking about religion although it is a good topic. i was refurring to the lives of us the way it should or should not be. and if our dreams have anything to do with it. ssssssssssssooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyy yyyy.............................................. ............................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-14-2002, 03:53 AM   #17
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

I leave this topic for a few days and it turns into a religious controversy! And it started out so fine ::exasperated sigh::
This topic shouldn't be closed. Vala - tell me about your dreams.
If anyone feels like discussing religion there are plenty - more then plenty, IMO, for a Tolkien board - topics of religion in the 'Books' section.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:01 PM   #18
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

Have you ever dreamed in a language you don't know, then remember the exact words you have said and ask a friend who speaks that language, then find that they are real words that mean something? I have...

I recently dreamed that I was an Elf in...Mirkwood, actually...I was speaking Elvish and I don't really know the language in real life. In the morning I woke up and looked up the words.
"Le u-pedyn aen an corenair. Man gara gorodh e-hir a man le peden e-hir, uimel nîn?"
"We have not seen you in years (solar). Who has knowledge of this and who spoke of this to you, my everlasting love?"

I'm not sure whether it's proper grammatically in Elvish, but it's how it happened in my dream. That also happened in some sort of Asian language. I think it was supposed to be Korean, actually...but I don't know anyone who speaks Korean to verify the words and it doesn't matter now if I did, because I lost the sheet with the phonetically spelled words...

Took some time to get the Elvish though, looking in dictionaries and all, because a lot was misspelled dreadfully...but: it was weird and cool!
Old 10-14-2002, 03:21 PM   #19
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Sting

You shouldn't be the one saying sorry, Vala. You have every right to post the topic you did, and I didn't really want it to be closed. I just think that some of these answers to your question are more confusing than helpful.

As for the religious disscussion, I simply got huffy when Vanima said it didn't matter what you believe in. I get huffy easily. Plus I think it was after midnight. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

So anyway, I don't think any of you want to know what my dreams are like, so I'll say arrivederci.
Old 10-14-2002, 03:24 PM   #20
Lilly Loamsdown
Pile O'Bones

Lilly Loamsdown has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

Oh Vala You think youre weird.
My Grandmother(on my dads side) is convinced he was an alien,'cause there was a UFO sighting the night he was born ,the place he was born at the time he was born.
I personally am a Christian, but did you know that if you look in the king james bible-in Genisis- at the creation of man God told Adam and Eve to go forth and REPLENISH the earth.the same words he told Noah and the animals as they got off the ark.
So possibly the world was inhabited by other beings who were eventualy destroyd.
but they arent mentiond because it dosent concerne us.
But now I'm as off topic as anyone else.
On dreams I vaugly(sp) understand what you mean. Last week I said somthing to a friend I shouldnt have,and when I got achance to apologize Icouldnt or wouldnt.
And I distantly remember something like it but complely different butI cant figure out what I did about it exept I got majorly in troube and was punished for it.
Sometimes when I walk in the woods and listen to birds I almost remember somthing,
you know that feeling in your gut when your struggling on the brink of something major but you fail to get it!?!
And... We'll Ive lost my reveire time to quit. But I can almost grasp it.
*sigh* Well good luck trying to figure it out but maybe we mortals arent suppose to.
<font color=pink>Lilly</font>
Old 10-14-2002, 03:25 PM   #21
Lilly Loamsdown
Pile O'Bones

Lilly Loamsdown has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Blast that color thingie never works!
Old 10-16-2002, 12:25 AM   #22
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Question

VanimaEdhel
.... i think the language you are speaking is related to Arabic. I mean i am an American and white..... But i am a Muslim and understand the sounds of the words you speak of. i and you have had a kind of dream that has been bothering my friend. it seems we all have lost lovers in that time. My friend had a dream of a faceless elf. But he spoke to her in elfish. She did not understand but when she woke up she remembered the language in English..(An elf always keeps his promise...i will find you when we return...and tell that day stay stronger ...for...) and she woke up. She has been having nightmares since then.

as account to my dream...well it might sound silly. And please believe me. For they are my dreams but maybe reality. i had a dream before i had any knowledge of middle earth. i was running through the forest. i was so free and happy. But i tripped. When i looked up i saw a boy. He was quite small and he looked happy to see me. I walked over to him. Then he grabbed my hand calling my elf maiden. i can tell you i was not this kind of girl who was into these things. I loved makeup and clothes. When i woke up i realized ...do i want to be the same as everyone else.
And i do not. After that dream other things started. Such as seeing that same boy. Then I realize my name was Wenicle or that is what he called me. He was so young. I never let anyone else see me. Then they all stopped.
After I saw lord of the rings and did a lot of research I come to realize I was having memories. And more and more came to me. But the rest of my dreams started to freak me out. I mean it’s as if I was a big fan and all of these dreams were made up. I tried telling my friend but they say oowwwwwww it’s just the actor. I started to have dreams about the fellowship. In a different way though.

I will tell you bit by bit. But please. I am just telling my dreams and how they link me to the life that I live know………..in fear and regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 03:33 AM   #23
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Vala, I soo know what ur on about! Since i read the books I have soo felt like I belong there and not here! I have noticed this really bright star i have never seen b4 and i feel like i have found a lost past...its a really indescribable(sp) feeling! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-16-2002, 05:50 AM   #24
Arwen_Evenstar
Wight

Arwen_Evenstar has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My last entry was really short... i was in a hurry, sorry. Anyway since I read the books, I just feel like I dont belong here. I have always felt like I didnt, people didnt have the same values as me...the same feelings toward nature, wind, air, solitude....And then when I read it, and learned of the elves, hobbits, dragons...it made me feel sooo....at rest...Tolkien is my sanctuary from the hustle and problems of everyday life, it takes me into another world, the world where I belong. I always wish that I could live like them, that I could drop all the modern day acts....barberic killings, terrorists, just to live in peace in some secluded wood or plain. This sounds really weird i know [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] but its like...an undecribable(sp) feeling.....
Old 10-16-2002, 05:57 PM   #25
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Question

hey....nobody is weird. i know because i am ...lol.
anyways these feelings i think everyone has but they do not know what the are for. when i grow up i am going to an isolated country...where the wind blows softly, clean water, peace and quite....i want to live in the forest in a cottage and live off the land around me. i have not told my parents that i live with, i will not be with them in the future. but i don't know. this was another clue to why and who i am today. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2002, 02:48 AM   #26
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Sting

Even though I don't have explicit dreams like you guys, I know what you mean, because I feel these things. I start to think more and more - like you said - what it would be like to get away from it all, and what if True life is indeed elsewhere - to paraphrase Rimbaud.
I am not going to connect any of these feelings or dreams to religion, but I believe they link to something so primordial and so ancient that it has slipped into our unconscious and it can only resurface through dreams and feelings of awe when we see something that reminds us of it.
Old 10-20-2002, 08:43 PM   #27
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Evisse the Blue
I think you are getting to something very important. But if what you say maybe true then.....
You see about a year and a half ago i had a dream of my real Elvin father. He told me that my true love and me would find each other in another time and world. But he said on my 16th year of my arrival i would start having mire dreams about my past. And on that night something will happen to me.

It was my 16th b-day yesterday. ....... I was really scared. I did not know what to do. But something marvelous happened............i mean..........i had the strangest feeling i was being watched. Don’t know by what or whom. But i was being watched. The eyes seemed to follow my every movement. I was shocked but not scared at this feeling.

I have had one more memory...i already know i am half hobbit half elf...do not laugh. But i had a dream of a beautiful woman. She was short. I think she was my true mother. The way she looked at me was almost breath taking. She leaned to kiss me and i woke up. All of my dreams are becoming clearer.
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2002, 12:45 AM   #28
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Ok...i guess this is closed for discussion. Seems no body would like to talk about dreams anymore. But I would say this...And do not laugh. I was there. And I have every right to say these things. Because it was my husband who survived. I died for him and I would do it again in this life if I ever find more about my past. And I still wait for him today to return from Valinor. My father promised me I would find him and I will. But also Tolkien never had any info on my life. I was kept secret from the history. Only the fellowship knew me. And it was going to remain that way. ……………………………….just believe……….~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-23-2002, 12:46 AM   #29
Vala
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Ok...i guess this is closed for discussion. Seems no body would like to talk about dreams anymore. But I would say this...And do not laugh. I was there. And I have every right to say these things. Because it was my husband who survived. I died for him and I would do it again in this life if I ever find more about my past. And I still wait for him today to return from Valinor. My father promised me I would find him and I will. But also Tolkien never had any info on my life. I was kept secret from the history. Only the fellowship knew me. And it was going to remain that way. ……………………………….just believe……….~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 10-23-2002, 10:22 AM   #30
dragoneyes
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

dragoneyes has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

This only happened once, but I looked up at the moon, and there was yucky, gunky car-fumes and what-have-you infront of it so it was browny and horrible looking and I just wanted to be in a past time when the moon was always white and clean.
Old 10-23-2002, 03:17 PM   #31
ElvenSunSet9

White-Hand

Vala...i would've posted this before but i haven;t had the chance so here it goes..

I know exactly how you feel....I have always had some vague memory of a past life. I have always felt i was put in this time periid on accident. I have recovered 2 so far one form a very distant past like yours and one kind of recent. My recent one i believe i was someone during the Holocaust. My mother has told me i was always afraid of some strange things when i was little, I was afraid of chimney stacks that had smoke comming out of them (cremetoria stacks back then). I also have a fear of barbed wire and cannot drive by prisons withiout getting goosebumps and beign scared to tears. When I watch some movie about the holocaust it only takes about 5 min before the tears come...its especially hard when i have to watch one in school because when they give descriptions of the camps i can see them completly in my head. My friends would ask me why i got so teary and it was hard to tell them because these were memories. This was all before i started doing deep research into the holocaust about a yeear ago.

I have recently maybe a little shorter in time than you have, began to have these dreams about ME or someplace like it. They are vague and i cant tell you much right now but i have these dreams almost every night...I haven't been into LOTR for long so that can't be an excuse for these "memories" that i am having.

Thats all i Have for now.

.:.Anarya.:.
Old 10-23-2002, 05:02 PM   #32
VanimaEdhel
Etheral Enchantress

Silmaril

None of us belong here, Vala. We will all find an ultimate reality. I believe you and I will end up together. Although: in many of my current dreams, they are telling me of another race...one unspoken in the tales of Middle Earth. I am writing what comes to me, including the language. They are known as Nymphs (Nadiä in their own language) and they have their own writing system too. According to my dreams, I am Celiajaraniä Siratsachint' (Kel-ee-ah-jah (with a gentle "j" sound...almost like a jsh)-rahn-ya See-raht-sah-gutteral ch-int-uh).

Agh ara charadet kadna kan icharad' (Basically: and I speak this language perfectly...Literally: And I speak perfectly this language).

Since the language is so familiar and I know how to translate so much, I think that my visions (they haven't come in too many actual dreams yet, but I see brief scenes) can't just be hallucinations. If you're curious about the language or the Nymphs, you can PM me about it.

Okay: now you all think that I am a complete weirdo...oh well: you thought that already, right?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:36 AM   #33
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Elennar Starfire has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Elennar Starfire
Silmaril

Yes, I know what you mean. I have the same sort of feelings myself, that I don't belong here. I wish I could remember more clearly, but all I have is a vague feeling of something I have lost, and can't find, or like a beautiful memory fluttering around the edge of my mind, just out of reach. Like there is a space in my mind, and I'm trying to reach the other side, but my fingertips are an inch away, and I can't reach any farther.

I have dreams that I forget immediately when I wake. Sometimes I can remember am image from my dream, but not clearly enough that I could describe it, or draw it, I have tried. Lately the feeling has been stronger, and I have more of these dreams, and sometimes I'm not sure what is a dream and what is reality.

When I was much younger I knew another language, but I can't remember it at all now. Everyone thought I was making it up.

When I first saw the movie of LotR, I had read the book, but I wasn't so into it. Then I became obsessed, and I decided I wanted to come up with an elvish name for myself. I didn't know any elvish yet, but I knew that elvish names had meanings, like Legolas means greenleaf, and I decided that I wanted my elvish name to mean starfire. I write fantasy, and I used to have a lot of trouble coming up with names for my characters, so whenever I came up with one, I would write it down so I wouldn't forget. The first name I had come up with was Elinar. Then I found a copy of The Silmarillion, and was reading the elvish translations at the back, and found out that elen means star and nar means fire, so I put them together and got Elennar. I was a little creeped out by the similarities between Elinar and Elennar.

When I found this topic, I was so excited, because I had thought that I was just crazy, and I had almost stopped believing myself. I am so glad that you weren't too afraid that other people would think you were crazy to share your feelings.

*~Elennar~*
Old 10-08-2003, 04:33 PM   #34
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Sorry about posting twice in a row, but I had a dream which I absolutely have to share, and if I just edit my last post, no one will read it, because this topic has died, which I think is very sad.

The beginning was extremely random, and seems irrelevant, so I will not tell it. I'm not even sure that it is part of the same dream.

I dreamed that several people were making me a black cloak out of very thin fabric. The hood fell over my face, but I could see through it well enough to not bump into anything, so I left it there. The people led me to a big box just big enough for me to stand in, or lie in if it was tipped over. It was up on the side, so I could just walk into it. They were putting me in the box, and I didn't resist them. There were two boxes, the other one had a lid on it, but it was still tipped up sideways. There was a wooden ladder in between the two boxes. I asked why I had to have the cloak on, and someone inside the other box pushed the lid off, and said it was so I couldn't find him. I should pause here and explain some things I just knew. I knew that I loved this person, and the other people didn't like it, so both of us were going to be buried alive, and the boxes were coffins. I wasn't scared at all, I just said 'Then look at me, and find me,' and pulled the hood off my face. I could see him clearly now, and he was absolutely the most gorgeous guy I have ever seen, but now I can't remember exactly what he looked like. We stared at each other for a while, with me leaning on the ladder, then I put the hood back over my face and walked into the box. The other people pushed the box over, but it fell into another ladder, and broke two of the steps. It stopped on the next step. I looked at my hand and saw a ring that the guy in the other box had given me. Then the next step broke and the box fell all the way. The scene changed and I can't really describe what it looked like, other then that it was yellow-pink, not orange, with a few turquoise swirls. It was more a feeling than a scene. I was there, and the guy from the box was there, and I knew that we were dead. I thought, 'They didn't succeed.' Then the scene changed again, and I was in a house, just finishing telling a story to a fat man. It was like I had been telling what I had just dreamed. I said, 'They didn't succeed,' and woke up, then I remembered my dream and started crying. I was sad all day.

This was a while ago, but it has been bothering me, and I become sad again every time I think of it. If this seems a little hard to understand, it is because I can't think of words to clearly express this dream.
Old 10-09-2003, 09:11 AM   #35
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

Quote:
I can't think of words to clearly express this dream.
At least my dreams are usually so weird/ rapid changing that one can't describe them with words...

But don't you guys find this topic a little eery? I would love to take part in that religion discussion but maybe B-D isn't the right place for that.

One dream that could even be close to your experiences was that I was able to speak quite fluent Quenya (I think...) but can't remember if I was able to understand that.
I have taken about 6 Quenya lessons from Ardalambion but my Quenya isn't definitely even conversational (actually far from it). It was cool but weird. Or maybe it wasn't Quenya but just noncence that sounded elvish-like.

Another dream was about Jesus returning. I was with my church member friends (sorry that clumsy expression...maybe you know my point.) The earth started shaking and the sky was beautiful purple. We were all so excited! But I woke up before my dream ended properly.

I have yet one that kind of dream left but my post is already quite long so...

Dreams can be so scary at times and they have a huge effect on our moods of the day.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:22 AM   #36
Vladivos the Rider
Animated Skeleton

Vladivos the Rider has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You might not believe me but I think I do know what you're talking about, Vala. While I haven't had any dreams like any of those described (by anyone on this thread so far, as far as I can remember) I do have periods sometimes where just before I go to bed I feel sort of detched, then when I finally turn out the light random phrases come into my head and I can't rest til I've written them down.
It's not really the same thing at all, or to do with middle earth, but a similar frame of mind, possibly. Sometimes I feel so helpless; It sounds exceptionally conceited but from what you guys've said about hating what humans have done to the world, you might understand about thinking that only a few select people really do understand what humans have done, and despair at how futile it is for us to try and change anything, but yet you want to try so, so much.
I'm sorry this has been so much about me, Vala [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It was intended as a reply to your message...it sounds incredible what you're experiencing.
Also, if I have offended anyone in any way whatsoever with this post please accept my apologies as I would never do that to you on purpose.
Old 10-09-2003, 12:51 PM   #37
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

I read this, and thought I needed to post, too. First off, I tend to have really weird dreams, but most of the time I can only remember little clips of my dreams, and not the whole thing. Sometimes when I wake up, I just know I had a very strange dream, but I can't remember any of it. There have been many times when I had a dream of something that later happened. Something small, but still really strange. Once I dreamed I was walking throught the kitchen, my sister walked in, and said something, and just as she was saying it, I tripped over an ice chest. Well, I forgot about the dream for a while, then one day, I was walking throught the kitchen, and it happened! Exactly like it did in the dream. My sister even said the exact same thing! I've had stuff like that happen many other times, too.
Also, I really feel as if I belong somewhere else. Out in the country somewhere, with trees, in a secluded area with nobody else around except for the people I live with. Out away from traffic, technology, and all. Although I would want to keep my computer. But I feel trapped and caged in here in the city, and long to be away from it. And once I had a really interesting ME related dream. First I should tell you a couple of things about me, so it will make a little more sense. I love the elves, and believe myself to be an elf at heart. Also, I'm a hopeless romantic.
Now, about the dream. I was riding a horse, really fast, trying to get away. Several other riders were chasing me down. I was an elf. I'm not exactly sure who those riders were. Anyways, I somehow got a ways ahead of them, I guess because my horse was a really fast elvish horse, maybe. Then I dismounted the horse, I think I sent it home, because I knew it would go back home, and it would also lead the riders away from where I was because they would think I was still on the horse. Then I went off into the woods and across a field, where I met the most absolutely gorgeous elf. Apparantly we were in love, and somehow I knew that was why the riders were after me. I'm not exactly sure why, though. Anyways, He said he would always love me, no matter what. I don't know why we had to meet in secret like that, or why the riders were after me, and what that had to do with him. When I woke up, I felt like it had really happened, in fact, at first I thought it had. Some dreams I don't remember well, but that one I do. It seems more like a memory of what really happened to me than a dream. I'm glad the rest of y'all posted dreams on here, so I know I'm not the only one!
Old 10-09-2003, 06:17 PM   #38
Elennar Starfire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

Quote:
Now, about the dream. I was riding a horse, really fast, trying to get away. Several other riders were chasing me down. I was an elf. I'm not exactly sure who those riders were. Anyways, I somehow got a ways ahead of them, I guess because my horse was a really fast elvish horse, maybe. Then I dismounted the horse, I think I sent it home, because I knew it would go back home, and it would also lead the riders away from where I was because they would think I was still on the horse. Then I went off into the woods and across a field, where I met the most absolutely gorgeous elf. Apparantly we were in love, and somehow I knew that was why the riders were after me. I'm not exactly sure why, though. Anyways, He said he would always love me, no matter what. I don't know why we had to meet in secret like that, or why the riders were after me, and what that had to do with him. When I woke up, I felt like it had really happened, in fact, at first I thought it had. Some dreams I don't remember well, but that one I do. It seems more like a memory of what really happened to me than a dream.
Wow, that sounds a lot like mine, which I previously told! (I'm not accusing you of copying me or anything)

I am so glad that this thread has been successfully revived! If it is ever closed, we must continue through PMs! And, Dancing Spawn, with PMs we could have a religious discussion. I would join in!

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea why the screen is so long? Maybe it's just my computer, but every time I come to this thread, it's like there's a really big picture on here, but there isn't!

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: Elennar Starfire ]
Old 10-09-2003, 07:12 PM   #39
Arwen1858
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arwen1858 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Arwen1858
Silmaril

It's not just your screen. I thought it was mine! It's doing the same thing. I would definately want to join in the religious discussion through PMs, too.
Isn't it strange how dreams can seem so much like reality sometimes?? It's rather freaky at times! Once I dreamed I was Arwen, and when I woke up, I actually thought I was at first. It took me a few minutes of lying in bed in the dark to realize I wasn't, then I almost cried.
Old 10-11-2003, 07:44 PM   #40
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Haunting Spirit

Naurwen_of_Lothlorien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Naurwen_of_Lothlorien
Sting

This is quite amazing. I have to admit that I'm not sure if what I'm about to say has anything to do with this topic, but I think it does.

Ever since I can remember, I've felt like I wasn't supposed to be here. I used to say to people that it was a mistake. Someone made a mistake and I wasn't supposed to be here.

I think people in general usually ignore statements like that.

I used to have memories that I'd never lived in this life. Of beautiful forests and lakes or feilds. I would be running through a feild.

And sometimes caves or marshes covered with mist.

I used to feel a warm glow whenever I got these 'memories'. Like I felt at home at last.

I've always hated modern society and industry and firmly beleive we should all become more in touch with nature.

I have a yearning in my heart for feilds and mountains and freedom.

Infact, not long ago, I got rather depressed about it. I thought that I couldn't take living in this world anymore. That I needed to go 'home', wherever home was.

I feel a thirst for magic, mystery, adventure and freedom and a longing for a world of freedom and nature.

Okay, I sound pathetic now. Goodbye... ^^;;

Yours yearningly

~Naurwen

P.S: Anyone agree with me?
Naurwen_of_Lothlorien is offline   Reply With Quote