The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #281
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I will follow morm on this, or should I say that I'm most likely going to be voting as I have for the past few days. We have to strike the Elves or we will lose all the Hobbits and good Men and the White Lady of Rohan. Let us get rid of Celeborn!! We need to have some different races on the island, not just Elves!!! Cast them off!!!!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:19 PM   #282
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
now ++Bilbo, we should just get rid of all teh nassty hobbitesse
Old 09-16-2005, 04:22 PM   #283
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Yes, I see Morm's point too well. Celeborn should go, if only to prove that this island cannot be ruled by a small majority of itself. Still, I may vote otherwise if something presents itself (okay, now it's really sounding like WW )...

Last edited by The Only Real Estel; 09-17-2005 at 05:35 PM.
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:23 PM   #284
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
now ++Bilbo, we should just get rid of all teh nassty hobbitesse
Why do you wnat to get rid of ALL the Hobitt's!?!? I'm fine with getting rid of Bilbo and Gollum eventually, but not Merry and Pip. That would just be stupid. If Bilbo and Gollum go, it's ok, but not the troublsome duo.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #285
Gil-Galad

first all the hobbits... then maybe all the elves... why do you want to get rid of the elves so bad hmmm?

++Glirdan!!!

your so lynched
Old 09-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #286
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
++Goldberry

Frodo can't be without Sam, and Goldberry can't be without Tom. Look how she misses him - besides, she can't get her lilies anymore. She's just kind of there, and I never really liked her anyway.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:26 PM   #287
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
++Goldberry

Don't let her suffer. Let her pass into the west...coast...whatever
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'

Last edited by The Perky Ent; 09-16-2005 at 04:28 PM. Reason: there is no "p" in goldberry
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 04:29 PM   #288
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Not if I counter that Gil soo.....

++Gil

Looks like it's a double lynch.

I don't want to geet rid of all the Elves, only Celeborn for reasons I've stated before. He keeps saying "Tell me where is Gandalf for I much desire to speak with him". It's getting on my last nerve, as are you.
Old 09-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #289
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
While I was hoping for recruits from the Goldberry camp I will stick to my guns on this and vote

++CELEBORN

Down with the silver hairs!
Old 09-16-2005, 04:51 PM   #290
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++Bilbo I dont like him.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:01 PM   #291
Gil-Galad

Glirdan follows the movie, i am dissapointed in you Glirdan... Celeborn should stay for now
Old 09-16-2005, 05:23 PM   #292
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes, I am following the movie. But I didn't like him much in the books either. Don't know why, I just didn't. As for my vote, I will wait a day before I go back on my "Get rid of Celeborn" campaign. For now, I will vote.....

++Bilbo

He's getting to old. He can't do any of the challenges and he keeps having the Ring lust. Not to mention, all he does is have riddle wars with Gollum and writes songs and poems in a corner. Most of the time he's sleeping though.
Old 09-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #293
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
My 401st Post

++Gollum

Gollum may be great at catching fish, but eating them raw is just too much.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 06:58 PM   #294
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Come on folks, the Hobbits have taken a pasting over the last few days. I was happy to see the two dull goody-goodies go, but let's keep the ones with character. It's time to call a halt to this Hobbit-bashing.

Notice how all the tribes have taken a hit except the Men and Dwarves? There are too few Dwarves to start voting them off. But we should really even things up to keep the show interesting.

I suggest that we get rid of ...

++ ARAGORN

... for being such a goody-two-shoes. These "perfect" characters make such dull viewing.
Old 09-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #295
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

For the third day in a row I vote
++ Aragorn
I want to see an end to his endless whining about Arwen being gone and not being king, not to mention his bathing...
Old 09-16-2005, 08:39 PM   #296
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
I agree that it's time to put a moratorium on votes for the Hobbit tribe. After all, the Galadhrim really aren't trying to eliminate the other Children of Iluvatar. We're not that...evil.

So today, I'll vote for

++I'M-STILL-NOT-THE-KING-ARAGORN

if for no other reason than to try and keep Bilbo here. Besides, I think that old Butterbur had a point when he said not to take up with Rangers.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:49 PM   #297
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
++Bilbo.

For unstated reasons that are there, but will remain unstated. You will have to guess.

-- Folwren
Old 09-17-2005, 12:13 AM   #298
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
But-but-but-

I like Book-Aragorn. I fear I may have to separate from my comrades on this one.

I will not vote yet, but here is my suggestion. Grima has gone far too long unpunished. The slithering worm is always trying to persuade the other Rohirrim to lock up Eomer, and is generally a depressing influence, as his surname suggests. He's refusing to observe any rules of hygiene, and his black robe is really rather overdone. Besides, he's obviously trafficking drugs, and Eowyn needs to be freed from him.
Old 09-17-2005, 04:27 AM   #299
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Aragorn is far too what we on th internet call "r0x0r" to be kicked off. After all, the man recreated an empire after thousands of years of crumbling. Napoleon couldn't do. Hitler couldn't do that. Plus, he knows how to wield a sword. And the whole rugged thing makes him incredibly popular. And he's a good, wise, popular king.

No, Aragorn stays. And Bilbo, dear Bilbo, must be saved from the vicious hands o the embezzled fools that would expel him!

Therefore my vote must go to that boring, pointless woman

++Goldberry.

Just allowing herself to be abducted? Disgusting. What kind of example does that set to young women everywhere.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 09-17-2005 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Type Ohs.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 07:30 AM   #300
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
But-but-but-

I like Book-Aragorn. I fear I may have to separate from my comrades on this one.
Ah, but don't forget the grief he caused Celeborn, Galadriel and Elrond when he married Arwen.

Quote:
None saw her last meeting with Elrond her father, for they went up into the hills and there spoke long together, and bitter was their parting that should endure beyond the ends of the world.
Spoiled-Aragorn has always gotten everything he wants, but he can't win the island too. Let's give our friends at least one victory over him!
Old 09-17-2005, 07:47 AM   #301
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
What's with this Goldberry vendetta? There's few enough women on this island as it is,without voting off the ones we do have. What's more, I think we're really seeing a new side to the girl since that ridiculous little husband was kicked off, she's coming into her own - it's goodbye washerwoman, hello kick-*** River Woman's Daughter.

Anyway, thanks to the hobbit purge, I think the tribe of mortal men is getting way too numerous and powerful, we need to level the playing field. And what better way to start than by losing the creepy stalker:
++GRIMA
Old 09-17-2005, 11:31 AM   #302
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by the guy who be short:
And Bilbo, dear Bilbo, must be saved from the vicious hands of the embezzled fools that would expel him!
Dear Bilbo my foot. I wonder if you even though of what very many of us might think of Sam leaving. No. Not a thought. Not a single thought. Bilbo is far less needed than Sam, or Aragorn, for that matter. I would keep Celeborn longer than I would Bilbo.

I'm doing everything in my power to take your Dear Bilbo from you, as you did everything in your power to take Sam away.

Just wait...just wait.

-- Folwren
Old 09-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #303
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes Folwren. We will get our RETRIBUTION (man I LOVE that word!!!) for Sam!!! We WILL get Bilbo!!! We WILL get Celeborn!!! Galadriel and Elrond are safe in my eyes. Well Galadriel is anyway, What the heck was Elrond thinking when he wore Arwen's silk purple cloak to the siege of Barad-Dur!?!? I'll get him....but not yet. RETRIBUITON!!!!!!!
Old 09-17-2005, 01:07 PM   #304
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well I always mentally shut my eyes very tightly and pretend Tombombalurina isn't there so for consistency

++Goldberry

The remaining women we have are of high calibre and much more interesting - I fully expect them to go to the wire - even Lobelia in whom I see the dogged spirit of "Bridget the Sheepwoman" (UK Survivor 2 - I loved her because she drove the other contestants mad with her rambling ovine anecdotes but they needed her )

But I Aragorn is high on my hit list - I have always thought he was a bit of a prig

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 01:14 PM   #305
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I rather like the idea of having Goldberry here. What has she done wrong, besides go and get lilies for the group. She didn't do anything wrong. If you noticed, the weather cleared up when Bombadil got the boot. It was his doing!! Keep Goldberry, get rid of Bilbo!!! He's really starting to creep me out.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:15 PM   #306
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

So far votes are...

Goldberry- 4
Bilbo- 4
Aragorn- 3
Celeborn- 1
Gollum- 1
Grima- 1

Let's make this interesting.

++Aragorn

I never liked the guy anyway. He's too much like Gandalf.

Remember voting will be done at 5:30 EST.

Also, I'm gonna be gone til most likely 6:30-7 tomorrow. So, would somebody (again hopefully this is the only day I have to work Sunday) do the voting for Sunday? It would be a great help and shall receive an award, though not quite sure what that will be yet.

Edit:

This leaves Bilbo, Goldberry, and Aragorn tied at 4.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #307
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I'll take over for you again Boro. Anytime you need someone to take over for you, just ask.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #308
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh yes?

Well, if you gun for Celeborn again...it'll get worse. The Elves of Lorien will not yield in their defence of their Lord!

Ain't that right, my fellow Marchwardens Kitanna and Celuien, and, naturally, the Lady of the Wood herself, Mithalwen the Elf-fancier?

We will hold true in the defence of interesting characterisation and/or pretty silver hair...
We have already lost Haldir and Leggy-lulu so we have to dig in..... nothing wrong with being an elf-fancier pointy-eared, elegant and......

Old 09-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #309
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I was sad at the loss of Haldir actually. I only had a vendetta against Legolas and Arwen and now Celebor. There's nothing wrong with Galadriel. I'm going to have to keep an eye on Elrond though...
Old 09-17-2005, 01:21 PM   #310
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Glirdan, great, then we have an accord.

Quote:
We have already lost Haldir and Leggy-lulu so we have to dig in..... nothing wrong with being an elf-fancier pointy-eared, elegant and......
I don't think your precious elves seem to be in trouble right now.
Old 09-17-2005, 01:26 PM   #311
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quite, hence my vote for Goldberry ..... and if anyone is sharpening knives for Elrond -beware!!!!!

Old 09-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #312
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

No problem Boro old chap.

And don't worry Mith, I'm not attacking Elrond....yet. I still think we should get rid of Bilbo......
Old 09-17-2005, 03:18 PM   #313
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Votings going to be done in 10 minutes if anyone wishes to break the 3-way tie.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:20 PM   #314
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Yes, those who haven't voted yet, do so now. Boro, if this does come down to a tie, how are you going to resolve it? Surely not a mass lynch, I mean mass eviction.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #315
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Quote:
how are you going to resolve it? Surely not a mass lynch, I mean mass eviction.
Will have to, I did say earlier on the thread...
Quote:
A tie would result in two (or more) cast offs.~Post 177
Can't go back now.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #316
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Ouch!!! 3 cast offs in one night!!! That's differnet. Well, I got my wish at least.
Old 09-17-2005, 03:31 PM   #317
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Final votes...

Goldberry- 4
Bilbo- 4
Aragorn- 4
Celeborn- 1
Gollum- 1
Grima- 1

Audios, Au revoir, and Ciao to Goldberry, Bilbo, and Aragorn. May be the saddest day on the island to see three go at once, but the voters have spoken. The Anti-Hobbit opposition continues successfully, Aragorn can now go back to his wife and Goldberry can now go back to her husband. (Tom is her husband...right?)

Remaining contestants are...

Hobbits
Gollum
Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
Merry
Pippin

Men and Rohan Lady
Boromir
Denethor
Eomer
Eowyn
Faramir
Grima
Hama

Wizards
Alatar
Pallando
Radagast
Saruman

Dwarves
Gimli
Gloin

Elves
Celeborn
Cirdan
Elrond
Galadriel
Glorfindel
Thranduil

Others
Quickbeam
Treebeard

Badguys
MovieGothmog
Grishnakh
Ugluk
Old 09-17-2005, 03:54 PM   #318
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
++Grima

He's made an alliance with Saruman! Kick him off the island!
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 03:59 PM   #319
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
++Denethor

He's senile, and above all, whiny. He just locks himself up, and leads us all to our deaths! (Good thing we're already dead). Shun him from the island I say!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 05:21 PM   #320
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

++ Saruman
He stills has ties with Sauron. He simply cannot be trusted!