The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #321
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
What I find interesting is that all of a sudden, even though I have hardly posted at all in the last, say, 12 hours, during the last five hours I seem to have been considered sneaky and suspicious by at least Brinn, Rikae and Lommy. Lovely. I'd love to know why is that or do they just get the same gut-feeling out of nowhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Aganzir - she just disturbs me somehow, she feels curiously detached from the game and it reminds me of her wolvish self.
Elaborate.
Agan, I really think you are being too picky here. Lom's quote indicates to a feeling-based argument, and though it's useful to consider the possible causes for a feeling, I think you are demanding too much. I don't know, possibly Lommins is able to elaborate on an overall feeling such as that; what is certain, however, is that I couldn't and I don't know many who could.

I had something else to say too but I seem to have forgotten that...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:44 PM   #322
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Agan, I really think you are being too picky here.
If she can realise that she thinks I am detached about the game, she should also be able to point out what has made her think so.

I hate random suspicions because once someone has a bad feeling about someone else, others start jumping in. Lommy said eg. that she wouldn't be as suspicious about you if it wasn't for other people's suspicions. So yeah.

Okay I am tired but right now I feel almost like voting for her because I'm getting annoyed with her saying "oh she's like this or she's like that" with no reason whatsoever unless specifically requested.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #323
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Rikae
Mac
Nog
Lommy

There's something going on in there. I feel somewhat positive that there's at least one baddie among them. Because there's just something weird.

Mac has made some suspicious comments.
Lommy has reacted rather strongly to these comments (and accuses me with no reason which I don't like).
Rikae has done some weird stuff but as I see it, she could have done it regardless of her role.
And Nog is just suspicious for his exaggeration of random votes.

++Mac

Because of these his death would shed the most light on other people. I don't have a valid reason to vote for Rikae or Lommy, nor would I really even like to, at least yet. Nog's connection to the others is much more vague.

I'll check Lommy's posts with a magnifying glass tomorrow if we're both still alive.

And then to bed.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #324
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
The basic rule concerning any argument whatsoever: ask the critical questions and do not bog yourself down trying to explain anything.

It's easy to ask the other "why?" or "on what grounds?", but it's much harder to affirm a case or a thought as the critical inquirer can always repeat those questions whatever it is the other says.

ToDay I have no time for it but maybe toMorrow. I should - someone should - look back at the posting and see who are mainly looking good because they appear critical and thence good in that illusory-way smartly pointing at the fouls of others while reserving their own judgement or any positive cases. *This is not directed at you Aganzir, mind you *

Someone - I guess it was Agan - asked why I decided to mention Dury's ranger impersonation -thing on Day1, and as it looks like everyone has forgotten about it or thinks we should not say anything about it, I'll call that issue back as well as I'm having bad gut feelings about Dury.

Yes, I wrestled with myself a bit before making a call for it. But what I ended up with was that:
1) no-one could have not seen it so it was common knowledge that she had done so (just think of my surprise when someone complained s/he didn't understand what was it people were talking about!).
2) looking at the roster in this game it would be quite impossible there were no smart wolves around able to see the poor bluff made by an innocent trying to lure the wolves into attacking her and thence trying to save the real ranger.
3) that given she could be Frodo: a Frodo who would wish to turn into the dark side and thence our enemy...
4) she is not a gifted anyway as that would have been calling the wraiths on her.
5) so is she a wraith trying to lure us into thinking that she's a brave ordo trying to mislead the wraiths? Somehow that explanation seems to be the most believable to me...

Dury is experienced enough not to make the mistake of trying that kind of thing were she a gifted. But also she is experienced enough not to try that as an ordo as that is a no-win scheme (the wolves didn't kill her last Night anyway).

So the best explanation to her behaviour is that she's a wraith...

*Needs to think this again*
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:27 PM   #325
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
6) It was an IC post. And, lo and behold, Durelin's character is:
"Durelin - Big person dark, mysterious, hooded and cloaked figure".

A joke, no more significant than in that long-ago game when someone chose "weaver" as his occupation. That's how I took it, that's how I'm pretty sure everybody took it (including the wraiths), and that's how I suspect Dury expected it to be taken.

Now, the question is, why is Nog blowing it up like this?

I'm going to respond about my reasons for suspecting Lily, but I'll take a minute. I've been going along, reading the posts, saying to myself "this looks sinister..." at various things, but I can't remember what those things were now and I'll have to look over her posts again.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:35 PM   #326
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I'm also tired of forcing myself to come up with points that can back up your guilt just because you could have said so also if guilty.
Poor thing. Please, no longer do that.

Good analysis of Brinn, btw.

A list, just to clear my thoughts before dinner.

Sally has escaped my attention toDay and I should address that.
Fea's reaction to Rikae seems innocent.
Lari has escaped my attention, too.
Mirandir needs to give us more of her thoughts of others. She appears innocent, and especially because of that I'd value some more input.
Lommy appears to be her innocent self.
Legate is sorely missed.
Rikae could be Bill, but is most probably innocent.
Aganzir deserves to be analysed, but I won't be able to do that toDay.
Nogrod, I don't know. Apart from his vote yesterDay he hasn't actually done anything suspicious, but I have some bad feeling about him. I need another look.
Beregond is very newbie-ish, but involved and not afraid to talk. He could be a newbie-wraith, maybe.
Nerwen - I don't think her vote is suspicious and I don't see any other reason to suspect her.
Rune is grumpy and probably innocent.
Menel bugs me, but I'm not sure whether he's evil, too.
Durelin I have no idea about.
A Little Green is creepy, as in very serious and determined, and deserves another look.
Brinniel is innocent, I think.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #327
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Mac, do you realize you just called everybody but Sally, Lari and Lily innocentish?

A baddie who thinks he's about to go down, and wants to avoid giving any leads, or? I really don't want you to be evil. Why do you have to keep doing such evil-looking things? *pouts*

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Nogrod.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #328
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Brinn didn't find Rikae's seer comment serious, but found everyone's reactions to it odd. What exactly do you mean by that, Brinn? How were they odd?
At the time, I couldn't see how people were suddenly taking the comment so seriously and I found it odd. I thought it was obvious she was joking.

Quote:
She said she couldn't see what benefit could come from Fea pretending Rikae was serious. I can. If Fea had a reason to assume Rikae was joking, it would have been sensible to help set her up as a wolf kill. Of course there was a risk of the real seer revealing, though, which I think is why it wasn't pursued further.
I think you did a better job explaining this than Fea ever did. Yes, you're right, Fea could've had good intentions with her pretended reaction. But it's also possible her intentions were evil. She could've done it to cause distraction or possibly attempt to draw out the real seer. Really, Fea could be anything. One thing I've noticed about her is she likes to mess with everyone's heads, regardless of her role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
What I find interesting is that all of a sudden, even though I have hardly posted at all in the last, say, 12 hours, during the last five hours I seem to have been considered sneaky and suspicious by at least Brinn, Rikae and Lommy. Lovely. I'd love to know why is that or do they just get the same gut-feeling out of nowhere?
My suspicion towards you isn't just a gut-feeling. It was post #247 that raised alarms for me. All of your opinions towards the players are extremely safe, like you're trying to stay on neutral ground not committing one way or another. And yes, you are quite sneaky; in the past you've fallen under my radar quite often. But toDay I find your posts troublesome, even if they are few in numbers.

Quote:
Okay I am tired but right now I feel almost like voting for her because I'm getting annoyed with her saying "oh she's like this or she's like that" with no reason whatsoever unless specifically requested.
This may be a stupid question, but were you talking about Lommy or Greenie here? I want to say the latter, but I'm not actually sure..
Old 01-24-2009, 08:42 PM   #329
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
A Little Green is creepy, as in very serious and determined, and deserves another look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
My suspicion towards you isn't just a gut-feeling. It was post #247 that raised alarms for me. All of your opinions towards the players are extremely safe, like you're trying to stay on neutral ground not committing one way or another. And yes, you are quite sneaky; in the past you've fallen under my radar quite often. But toDay I find your posts troublesome, even if they are few in numbers.
I get what you mean - but although I know this is no good as a defence I must say my opinions on players are pretty much always like that, if safe means opinions like "could be either way" or "no idea" or "I'm not sure..."

Well, I'm going to vote in a very very little (green) while. I think it's gonna be Nog for me (no, don't hang yourself, it's not because you contribute). In addition to his weird Golly-vote, that Dury thing just doesn't make any sense. It looks something like a crafted case that has failed (deliberately or not) to take into account a very significant factor which is, as Rikae already pointed out, the fact that Dury's role was mysterious cloaked figure or something like that. Dunno, somehow Noggins' behaviour makes me think he's a wolf who's trying just a bit too hard.

Vote in a minute...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 PM   #330
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

++ Nog

He's my best bet. Reasons in my earlier posts. Good night and Night.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:54 PM   #331
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Mac, do you realize you just called everybody but Sally, Lari and Lily innocentish?
No, not at all. Maybe it's more clear this way:

In need of further examination and/or somewhat suspicious right now:
Sally, Lari, Aganzir, Nogrod, Beregond, Menel, Durelin, Lily

Innocent(-ish):
Fea, Mirandir, Lommy, Legate, Rikae, Nerwen, Rune, Brinniel

Quote:
Why do you have to keep doing such evil-looking things? *pouts*
It's sexy.

Alright, off getting a few second looks on people, hoping it will help.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:01 PM   #332
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Elaborate.
I won't. I think it was clear enough. You're starting to annoy me, in every single ww game we play together you're all the time keeping on at me like on no one else and whenever you play I can't play without having a personal Spanish Inquisition demanding me to elaborate on everything. Really, I'm starting to wonder if we should stop playing ww together as we always end up quarreling and I can't say I find it enjoyable.

Nogrod's thing on Durelin just goes plain weird, I must say I haven't understood it at any point and now it goes too far. However, it goes so far that I don't think it's even wolvish. I think he's simply a silly ordo who has drunk too much wine tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
This may be a stupid question, but were you talking about Lommy or Greenie here? I want to say the latter, but I'm not actually sure..
Oh, obviously about me.

I should vote very soon but I can't decide if I should vote Brinn, Agan or Greenie. I wish I had stronger suspicions... Really. If I vote Agan, I feel silly because it might be more of annoyance than of suspicion. If I vote Greenie, I feel silly because I think my suspicion of her has mostly come of others calling her suspicious. If I vote Brinn, I feel silly because her posts have had a rather innocent tone lately.

edit: xed with Mac
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #333
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Ok, about Lily:

- she spends most of her first post griping about the lack of conversation and "material" to base suspicions on. Yes, I understand the point, but why not say something to get things rolling, instead of excusing her lack of reasons for suspicion?

- askes if the ring bearer's role is revealed if xe is lynched. Not necessarily suspicious, this could be useful info for either side. (Was that question ever answered?)

- Some friendly chit-chat with Berry, then:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green
To be honest I have no idea - never played with a guy like that before, whatever the role is called (cursed something?) - but it would sound ideal if no one discovered the identity of our ringbearer. After all, if we find and lynch him/her, we'll be down one innocent regardless of the fact that the particular innocent could have been converted to some nasssty creature. We should probably not use our energy on hunting the ringbearer but instead on hunting the wraiths.
Now, I normally try to avoid suspecting people based on differences of opinion, and I recognize that my own isn't the only possible innocentish opinion on Mr. Frodo... but this looks like a point-by-point list of exactly what the wraiths would want us to think. First, that if Frodo reveals, he should be lynched immediately (so they at least avoid the situation where we have a known innocent), but, better yet, that no one should have any clue who he is or try to find him at all. Maybe she just didn't think it through completely, but it struck me as very creepy.

- the title of one of her posts yesterDay (her vote for Gollum, in fact): "A Shot in the Dark ". Ok, not really reason to suspect her (would wights be that obvious?), but it caught my eye without really registering it then and added to the creepy impression.

-"Good night and Night."

- Overall cheery, breezy, friendly tone.

- Her points on Nog toDay. I don't necessarily trust him, but it looks like she's going after him for basically being himself (with the random votes thing).

- The "carrots" remark really did have a hint-ish look to me.

- Not part of my initial feeling of creepiness, but her reaction to suspicion doesn't look too innocent. It's too... sarcastic, insinuating, I don't know how to say it.

- Another new point: Nog was alraedy her main suspect (or so it looked) before I mentioned Dury's occupation, but she makes that one of her two reasons for voting him. She hadn't commented on it before, and it had been out there for a while.

So yeah, there it is. That and a hunch. Not much of a case, I guess, and I may retract to Mac,or somebody else, if I feel like it later, but there you go.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:07 PM   #334
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
-"Good night and Night."
She always does that and I do that pretty often too, so that's a bad argument.

Quote:
- Her points on Nog toDay. I don't necessarily trust him, but it looks like she's going after him for basically being himself (with the random votes thing).
She's always going after him. But that, of course, does not prove anything...

I suspect Greenie, but I think you Rikae mostly list stuff she always does. The only unheard of thing on that list is the carrot one, but I'm not sure if it's so bad...

Now I got an urge both to vote and not vote Greenie. Weird.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:10 PM   #335
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oops, I've gone and done it. I've had to correct myself in multiple posts because I kept wanting to call the wraiths "wights", and above I say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yours truly
(would wights be that obvious?)
Yeeeah, whatever.

Something else that occurred to me is that Noggins has to be up to something, since he hasn't been giving me the Spanish Inquisition treatment Lommy mentioned getting from Agan.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy again.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #336
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I suspect Greenie, but I think you Rikae mostly list stuff she always does. The only unheard of thing on that list is the carrot one, but I'm not sure if it's so bad...
If you say so, you know her better. The main thing that creeped me out was her Frodo-speech, though.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #337
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Okay, back but I'm babysitting for one of my ex-coworker's kids so I'll probably pop in and maybe vote, if I feel that I can do so fairly confidently.

So, without reading toDay in great detail, I was really concerned by yesterDay's voting of Gollum. Now while Mac was trying to save himself, upon looking it over again I think it was more of an innocent Mac trying to save himself while the wraiths took advantage of it.

I'm really sorry I've not been around more. I know it's Saturday, so theoretically I should have been around more but with Emily coming back and everything it's been nuts. I'll do what I can but for now accept apologies for my laziness.

Blah. I need to go. Hopefully back soon.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #338
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've been checking out Aganzir lately so as to focus on people other than Mac. She mostly appears to be innocent, but without a lot of ideas as to what to do, and frequently mentions Nogrod, who strikes her as an enigma.

I'd like to say that, contrary to things I mentioned earlier, a lack of suggestions really should not define one as a wraith, given that I certainly haven't a clue as to what to look for.

Also, Rikae and Mac have both said disturbing things that serve to confuse the village a great deal. Why would these two want to distract us such? Is one of them a wraith?

I really should vote, so

++Mac
Old 01-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #339
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Aganzir

I still think her style is a curious mixture of her relaxed, bantery and nit-picky ordo-style and her careful, detached wolf-style - exactly what I'd expect from her after a long pause from being a wolf. (Obviously, she can't go back to her previous wolf-style because it'd make people raise eyebrows, but she might subconsciously partly latch back to it.) Also, she tends to get annoyed at me but she feels jumpier than normally.

And if you want me to, I can admit this vote is also partly because I currently feel we two just can't play ww together, at least not this way. And I wouldn't be sorry at all to see her go before she can look at my posts with a magnifying glass and unleash the Infernal Inquisition. I think I'm being quite horrible to her, and I'm sorry for that, but I'm simply writing what I feel right now.

If we're both alive toMorrow I hope we can be more civil to each other...

edit: xed with Sally and Menel
Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #340
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just a quick note to say that I have been out most of the day and have to leave again almost immediately; I'm probably going to abstain from voting as I haven't had time to read the thread.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #341
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So, without reading toDay in great detail, I was really concerned by yesterDay's voting of Gollum. Now while Mac was trying to save himself, upon looking it over again I think it was more of an innocent Mac trying to save himself while the wraiths took advantage of it.
I'm sorry, but that really doesn't make any sense at all, as far as I can see. Why would the wraiths "take advantage" of an innocent Mac's desire to save himself in order to lynch an ordo Gollum? If Mac is innocent, wouldn't they be equally happy to see him go? Nerwen's vote looked odd to me at the time (mostly the way she seemed to have no opinion, but pounce on Gollum as soon as he became an option), but I still don't think your scenario is logical.

Actually, the only logical evil-Nerwen explaination I can think of is that Nerwen is Ferny, and thought any of those three could well have been wraiths, while Gollum couldn't.

EDIT: X'd with Lommy, as always, and Nerwen herself.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #342
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Also, Rikae and Mac have both said disturbing things that serve to confuse the village a great deal. Why would these two want to distract us such? Is one of them a wraith?

I really should vote, so

++Mac
What gives you the impression that I wanted to distract?
Old 01-24-2009, 09:34 PM   #343
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Keeping track of the votes:

Rikae: ++Greenie (Greenie 1)
Aganzir: ++Mac (Greenie 1, Mac 1)
Greenie: ++Nogrod (Greenie 1, Mac 1, Nogrod 1)
Menel: ++Mac (Greenie 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1)
Lommy: ++Aganzir (Greenie 1, Mac 2, Nogrod 1, Aganzir 1)
Old 01-24-2009, 09:38 PM   #344
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

By the way, I thought Menel was being utterly nonsensical because he was the seer, and didn't want to give that as his reason for lynching Mac and get himself killed so early.

But now it's pretty clear that isn't the case... and he's jumping on an easy suspect with reasons that make no sense at all. (If you didn't catch it, he cites Mac's "ongoing suspicion" of Gollum). I don't know what else Menel is, but he seems like a loose cannon.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #345
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Sally did a vote count today and has yet to share some of her own thoughts. Yesterday she kidded around until others set the field, from which she chose me (and Brinn). For anybody else, this would be suspicious, but for Sally, it's different. She needs to be watched, though. Like Rikae, I'd like to hear what she meant with wraiths taking advantage of me trying to save myself.

What still nags me about Beregond is his bandwaggony vote yesterDay. Other than that, he's not very suspicious. He points out his newbieness a bit too much, though - something packmates could have told him to do.

Lari has been constrained by time yesterDay, but I wonder whether she couldn't have used the time she had more productively. She only makes a list before her vote and the opinions given in there leave to be desired. She admitted to that later, but that doesn't make it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Lommy: For reasons stated before.
What were those?

She later likes to vote Lommy but goes for Durelin to avoid a double lynch. Note that she, even though time was available, did not retract after she knew there were none. ToDay she complains about the voting yesterDay.

She's suspicious, but I wouldn't vote for her until she posted more.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:47 PM   #346
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
She later likes to vote Lommy but goes for Durelin to avoid a double lynch. Note that she, even though time was available, did not retract after she knew there were none. ToDay she complains about the voting yesterDay.
So she did. I had forgotten that, but it was strange.
Old 01-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #347
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I looked over Durelin's posts and I don't have any idea where the whole ranger-hint-affair came from. Her actual input is scarce. She has not appeared yet toDay. I need to see more of her before I can form an opinion.

Menel has been utterly fixed on me. Granted, maybe I voted for him once too often, but this is not helpful. However, if he's so fixed on me, why is he not able to come up with better points?
What I'm asking myself: would a wraith act like that? I used to tend towards 'no', but I'm starting to lose my objectivity with him and just try to lynch him anyway.

Looking over the points in Rikae's post and Lommy's reply, I'm willing to let go of Lily. I will keep on watching her, though.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #348
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post

A joke, no more significant than in that long-ago game when someone chose "weaver" as his occupation. That's how I took it, that's how I'm pretty sure everybody took it (including the wraiths), and that's how I suspect Dury expected it to be taken.

Now, the question is, why is Nog blowing it up like this?
I can't see why you ask for that if you're innocent... She's no gifted because that's a bit too daring for a gifted to do. So why that kind of banter which clearly makes her look like a ranger imposter? I can't believe it was "just banter" because it was so fitting and exact - and open. Why to do something that way if you were a) a gifted (no way!), or b) an ordo? I mean on Day6 an ordo should pull that but why she made it in the first post of Day1? I'm regarding Dury as a most intelligent person so then she's probably no ordo as the wrights would not be that easily misled and she would know it. So the remaining option is that she is a wright trying to fool us.

Okay, I may have better cases... I need to see to them.

Funny how you interpret someone voicing a thing as something in a way that one is "pressing on as the sole thing there is". I have been sharing the computer with Lommy and Greenie all the night and we have been playing (RL) together most of the night, so I have just commented on things that have occured to me on my twenty minutes by the computer at a time... Had I more time I could look after some others as well.

Lommy & Greenie just went to bed and it's coming 6AM here... I'd need to vote and go to sleep as well... Just a moment. I'll try to look around before voting.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:05 PM   #349
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Okeedokee I'm back (two hours later than originally intended, but back nonetheless). I read through everything quickly to get an idea for what's going on and now I'll be going back and figuring out what the heck I think about everyone.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #350
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Nog- go to bed! It's late! So late it's early!

More interestingly as far as the game goes-

I don't think we should lynch Mac.

Not today, in any case.

So um... can we not?

Then again, I don't actually have any better options, so this is quite a useless post...
Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 PM   #351
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Sorry to again be gone for the almost entry Day.

In RL I went wine tasting, so I needed a lot of time to recover. On page 9 by this point.

As for the suspicions: I was going to restate the ones that previous people said. I know I was called out last time for doing that so I decided not to.

Putting it out there though: the vote from the end of yesterday made me really think. It didn't look right, even if I've seen Mac do that before. When he did it before it was really into the game, now it was really quick. Not to mention his quick accusations of only three people while everyone else apparently looks innocentish(never mind there still isn't a lot to go on).

Nerwen also didn't come off too good in that episode either.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 PM   #352
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I should have a closer look at Aganzir and Nogrod, but my brain is starting to fail, so I'll postpone that until toMorrow. All I can add at this point is that Nogrod's thing about Durelin makes no sense, and his insistence on it makes me suspicious. Whether or not it is significant I cannot say yet, so I will neither vote him toDay, nor Aganzir.

Last edited by Macalaure; 01-24-2009 at 10:19 PM. Reason: crossed with Lari
Old 01-24-2009, 10:24 PM   #353
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Putting it out there though: the vote from the end of yesterday made me really think. It didn't look right, even if I've seen Mac do that before. When he did it before it was really into the game, now it was really quick.
So you think I enjoy dying on Day1 more than on Day3?

Quote:
Not to mention his quick accusations of only three people while everyone else apparently looks innocentish(never mind there still isn't a lot to go on).
Umm, what?
Old 01-24-2009, 10:30 PM   #354
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I've having a hard time with you, Mac! You're still high on my list of suspects, but when I ask myself why, I can't put my finger on it. I might read through to see. Either you're simply innocent, or very dogdy! It's cruel, but I almost want to vote for you just to find out. You may be right about the bandwagon vote yesterDay, but it was that or an essentially random vote. I'll vote again tonight with a more informed gut and hopefully a clear head and if it looks like bandwagoning, so be it!

I'm curious, Fea, if you have a reason you'd like to share for sparing Mac?

On an aside, I'm a bit bemused by the idea that it may be bad to restate other people's opinions and use them in one's own conclusions. Sure, it would be great to be the first person to notice a quote that looks suspicious, but most of the time other people see the same things you do, and often write about them quicker.

Alright, I might make a list now.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:38 PM   #355
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Looks like I'm in for a hard night again.

Well, bring them on!
Old 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #356
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
It is a joke for Odin's sake

So what if I am slightly drunk!? You would be as well if you spend all day selling Brie to people totaly ignorant about the quality of cheese.

Listen now and listen well, I am going to go out in the kitchen and fetch a liter of milk, I am going to drink it, come back, vote Mac and of course read the two pages I have yet to read!

. . . I mean. . . Then I am going to cast my vote for someone undefined.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #357
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
All I can add at this point is that Nogrod's thing about Durelin makes no sense, and his insistence on it makes me suspicious.
Sad that you fail to see that. Well I'm not going to force my opinion on the matter - and what you say about my "insistence" clearly tells you have not been reading the thread... Too bad as I have kind of counted on you to be one of those who actually read what is said unlike some who just pop in and vote.

I'm not having Dury as my first choice toDay but she will be one from whom I will choose my vote.

But I'd just like to remind you that there are a host of people no one has had nothing to say or have just benevolently put them aside. Many of you have talked about Rikae, Mac, Aganzir, Lommy, Greenie, Brinn, Menel, Nerwen, Dury and me...

But who has glanced at Sally, Lari, Beregond, Fea, Mirandir, Legate, Rune?

I'll bet you there is at least one (and possibly two) ringwraith(s) in there in the latter company as well.
In a way I'd be more than happy to vote someone from the latter list. Just to protest the fact that people who talk more seem to top the lynching list everyday in any game of werewolf...

Last edited by Nogrod; 01-24-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: took away an unnecessary banter from the end...
Old 01-24-2009, 10:49 PM   #358
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Actually, it's not about revenge, craziness, being a wraith, or anything else, Mac. It's just that I really have no idea what to do, found a few odd things in your posts, and can't figure out anything else.

I'm sorry, really.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:50 PM   #359
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Alright, that might've sounded a bit too flippant.

I mean, I have two votes and now two people I suspect state that they suspect me on suspect reasons that might or might not be subject to change til they vote. Now I'm sitting here waiting for the things to happen and wondering whether I will have to fight til the last minute again or not and whether I will make it this time and whether I'll be forced to vote for somebody I think is likely innocent again instead of someone I actually suspect.

crossed since my last post
Old 01-24-2009, 10:57 PM   #360
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
In no particular order

Nerwen - No reason to be suspicious as of yet.

Brinniel - I don't know, something about her posting style rubs me the wrong way. For the time being, though, I can't quite figure out what and will most likely refrain from voting her until I have something more substantial to go on.

Greenie - Trying to figure this kid out. Keeping an eye out for the time being.

Agan - Hasn't really said anything to make me suspicious as of yet.

Lommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Oh, holy cow, I just realised something. Rikae is either the seer or then she's a really twisted person with an ingenious plot, but I'm not sure if I should explain that plot of hers aloud, because I might do something horrible if I draw her plans out in the open...
Such as...? Could be innocent or could be alluding to a more devious role.

Rune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
oh just a quick note about Frodo: Obviously people can play how they wish, but I always got the impression that Frodo was on our side. This should mean that he does not speculate in shifting sides and such, so Frodo should always act in a way that benifits his current team.
What does "our side" mean? Is this giving away that he is innocent? Or is it a ploy to make people think he is innocent when he's really a wraith? Someone to keep an eye on, for sure.

Rikae - Very suspicious of her "I am the seer" post. Most likely it was a joke (as she claimed), but still warrants suspicion. Then there was the "Of course I'm Frodo" (313) casual comment, which, as with everything else in this game, could be interpreted as truth or trickery and no one really knows for sure which one.

Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure on Rikae being tired of Mac being a baddie View Post
Alright, first, I'm not a baddie. Second, you can't know whether or not I'm a baddie. So, third, why do you say such a thing?
Or maybe you are a baddie and are trying to throw us off the track. Old habits do die hard. Other than that, don't have much to be suspicious about.

Lari - Oh wine tasting. Silly RL getting in the way of WW. No reason to suspect her at the moment.

Nog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
This idea, shared by Aganzir at least, is just... well, annoying. But it might be a plot made by the wolves and therefore maybe it's good it has been brought forwards. It might serve a purpose after all.

But to be honest it's a ridiculous claim. To those who don't know it, this idea comes from the following history. During the fall I was a wolf in a couple of games and more or less forced my mates in crime to kill silent, non-active, only IC players or "less dangerous" / less "independent-minded" players - whatever you read into those - during the Night (and I have acted on similarish principles as wolf also earlier). But after those few games quite recently it became kind of "talk of he town" - and we indeed lost the last one of those games because of the boldness of our kill-choices - or shared knowledge that if some of the less "threatening"-looking players are killed by Night early in the game then Nogrod is a wolf behind that decision. Now knowing how desperately certain people cling to the first possible reason to find something to suspect or to back their votes with, it would be plain suicidal for me to continue in that manner now that the meme "Noggie always does that" is around.

So rest assured, were I a wolf in this game it would have been fex. Rikae or Legate you would have found dead this morning (assuming neither was a wolf as well of course).
I understand feeling the need to justify what people think from other games, but it could also be taken as a sign of guilt. What better way to throw people off your scent than to make a point of saying what would happen if you were a wolf? Should keep an eye on.

Fea - Tricksy as usual...Sigh. I had a hard enough time reading her last game when I knew what her role is, let alone now that I don't. Probably will keep her around for a little while longer to see how much more confused she can make people, at the very least.

Beregond - I honestly have no idea what to think about this guy. Half the time he seems newbie-ish and half the time he seems to have solid backing and know what he's talking about. Keeping an eye on he-of-many-names.

Menel - Hasn't given me any reason to want him dead as of yet.

Durelin - Hasn't contributed much toDay.

Legate - Hasn't been around toDay.

Sally - Also hasn't been around toDay due to RL.

And what about Strider? Nothing has been mentioned about who xe could be, other than some talk on page 8 about Durelin:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
but character descriptions were made before roles were given out, so this very well could mean absolutely nothing (unless I missed something, which is entirely possible).