The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2003, 05:00 AM   #321
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

Iluvatar save me! We're studying Italy and on the map I read the name of a city called Turin. You know what i thought.
Whilst pouring a glass of water from a silver coloured pitcher, you know of what I thought.
There were some kids running round on a wooden floor and it sounded like the drums in the deep to me!
And lastly... for tech your theme has got to be Under the Sea. Your told to make a spider graph of things under the sea. The first things you put are: Ulmo, Uinen, Uin, Osse!
(By the way, if you're wondering, my project is gonna have Uin the whale and the ship of the moon, with "Under the Sea" in angerthas runes on there!
Ah, me.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:56 PM   #322
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: Several miles over the madness horizon and accelerating
Bekah has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Bekah
Sting

In "The Last Templar", I found people going to Buckland...
Bekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 01:58 PM   #323
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed when your friend starts making old man jokes about Billy Boyd and you throw them out the window.
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 06:12 PM   #324
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sapphire_Flame has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when your friend starts making old man jokes about Billy Boyd and you throw them out the window.
*snork* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-08-2003, 10:21 PM   #325
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Sting

Boy, a weekend away ( [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] )really leaves a lot of stuff to catch up on. Good thing I read quickly.

Your best friend isn't speaking to you because she is sick of LotR. (it's not quite that bad yet, but getting scarily close.)

You're already a Wight with 151 posts, and you only found this site at the end of March.

You say Mae Govannen and Namarie or Suilad instead of Hello and Goodbye.

Your best friend, who doesn't like LotR, makes you a Galadriel cape for your birthday, because she knows that you'll love it.

You wear said cape everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Tinuviel of Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #326
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
You're already a Wight with 151 posts, and you only found this site at the end of March.
Shouldn't you be a Shade by now? I joined on the 20th of January, and by the beginning of Lent I'd already written somewhere around 350 posts.

Mind you, the beginning posts were mostly senseless and off-topic. [OT right now: If anyone finds a post like that hanging around, please alert me of the whereabouts of it so I can edit/delete it.]

Cheers,

~ Elentari II
Old 06-09-2003, 10:00 AM   #327
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
You wear said cape everywhere. And I do mean everywhere.
Sounds like me with my Fellowship cloak. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My mom is getting thoroughly sick of me wearing it everywhere; I think she may be banning me from wearing it in public soon...... (cheaw, like that'll stop me! [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
Quote:
Here's something I find odd, and RPG's could be responsible for this: I registered here last September, and Helka registered last October, yet he has twice as many posts as me (at least). Hm...

[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: Sapphire_Flame ]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:06 PM   #328
Rilwen Gamgee

Rilwen Gamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

~ you write the One Ring poem in Tengwar on the pants legs of all your jeans
~ you attempt to play the Shire music on the piano
By the way, does anyone know where I can buy LotR sheet music?
Rilwen Gamgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 12:48 AM   #329
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'm not a Shade because I have to sneak onto BD. Sort of. My family thinks I spend too much time here.

My best friend is speaking to me again. YAY!

Back to topic...

When someone mentions the Keebler Elfs (they are NOT Elves!!!) you go ballistic and give them a lecture on how they are different from real elves and should all be destroyed.

You get really mad when someone calls Gollum a Goblin, when everyone should know that he was a Hobbit-like creature.

You can't not go without mentioning LotR and it's driving everyone you know crazy.

You use [insert Tolkien related name here] as an element in all of your online screenames.

You use examples from Tolkien when you have to come up with something deep and philosophical to tell someone.

You don't know the football/baseball/any sport-at-all scores and you are caught by surprise when you find out that your school won State Championship, yet you can tell down to the day when the RotK comes out. (when you are not sleepy, that is. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] )
Old 06-11-2003, 10:00 AM   #330
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Finwe has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Finwe
Sting

You find that Gil-galad is becoming more of your father than your biological father is.
(I swear, it's true! He's my alter-ego Aredhel's father!)

Your mother has to refuse to drive you home until you take off your black Nazgul cloak after you come out of Driver's Ed.

You speak Quenya and Sindarin so much at home that your parents are trying to learn it just so they can speak to you again.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Finwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 10:53 AM   #331
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
When someone mentions the Keebler Elfs (they are NOT Elves!!!) you go ballistic and give them a lecture on how they are different from real elves and should all be destroyed.

You don't know the football/baseball/any sport-at-all scores and you are caught by surprise when you find out that your school won State Championship, yet you can tell down to the day when the RotK comes out.
I'm so guilty of these... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Everytime a Keebler commercial comes on everyone in the room flees because they don't want to here me going on about how they aren't real elves. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] LotR-illiterates.... And I never pay any attention to the sports at my school; LotR is much more important! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Abedithon le!
Old 06-11-2003, 01:16 PM   #332
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Hmmm, this one is interesting.
We were playing tennis in PE, and I am terrible. I never hit the ball and it always goes past me. So, as the ball was coming at me, I lay down my racket, held out my hand and yelled "You cannot pass!"
The great thing was I caught the ball, so it really didn't pass!
Then, when I had to serve, I said: Now that it comes to it, I dont feel like parting with it. Its mine...etc.
Then, another time i hadta serve, I held the bal in my hand, put my hand over it, and said: the power of Isengard is at your command, Sauron, Lord of the Earth.
Then, when I hit the ball, I yelled "Die Orc!"
I really need help.
Old 06-11-2003, 01:40 PM   #333
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

You know when you're obsessed when you braid two sections of your hair back elvish-style and wear it to school. All my friends call me elf-girl because I do it so often. there are a few more colourful names too...

When all your friends say the quote you were thinking of because they know exactly which quote you use in every situation as you say them so much.

When you try to make your own One Ring and fail miserably because yourbrother refuses to make the band, even if you pay him vast amounts of cash, so you have to resort to a shop-bought one.

When you replay the Legolas shield-surfing scene over and over again, music and actions included.(even my Legolas-loving friend is getting sick of this one)

When you refuse to take your 'elvish' bracelet off when your teacher tells you to because it's 'against school rules', TOUGH!!!

[img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Feared Half-Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 02:54 PM   #334
Bekah
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
I'm not a Shade because I have to sneak onto BD. Sort of. My family thinks I spend too much time here.
Join the club. You think I'm allowed on here half the time I am? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~ Elentari II
Old 06-12-2003, 10:19 AM   #335
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
When you refuse to take your 'elvish' bracelet off when your teacher tells you to because it's 'against school rules', TOUGH!!!
Okay, help me out here. Why on earth would wearing jewelry be against school rules? Do you go to a private school or something? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 12:18 PM   #336
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Sting

Sort of. It's a grammar school and just about everything is against school rules. I've got a certain teaher that is just iching to tell me to undo my elvish hair every time i see her. There's 101 rules that say you can't do this or wear that, it's soooo annoying. We're very tempted to launch a protest.

Which one did I think of earlier? Oh yes.

You know you're obsessed when you start re-writing the entire TTT and Rotk in a simplified version with another main character! I haven't actually told anyone about this apart from one close friend, it's too sad!

Old 06-12-2003, 01:25 PM   #337
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
You know you're obsessed when you start re-writing the entire TTT and Rotk in a simplified version with another main character!
Copycat. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-12-2003, 07:45 PM   #338
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Your mother is threatening to make BD unaccessible except during the hours of six and seven AM so that you will get up in the morning. Now that is scary. Only an hour on BD a day!? Valar save me!

Instead of "what in the world" or "what on earth" you say "What in Middle-Earth"

Your sister, who spends time on BD herself, thinks that you spend too much time here, and will sit there for hours staring at you so that you go to bed at "a reasonable time" [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Sadly, I am very guilty of all of the above.
Old 06-12-2003, 07:54 PM   #339
Lëowen
Haunting Spirit

Location: my computer chair, being smothered by my impossibly large cat
Lëowen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Lëowen
Tolkien

You know you're obsessed with LotR when you draw a huge Tolkien symbol and the Elvish writing from the Ring on your wall.
Old 06-12-2003, 09:37 PM   #340
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

You know you're obsessed when:

~On the blackboard you write "Frodo Lives!" one day and "Frodo most certainly DOES live!" the next

~All you have to do is look at your other LotR-crazed friend and start bobbing up and down, and she knows you're thinking about the Drinking Song. Seriously, we did this today!
Horse-Maiden of the Shire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 09:46 PM   #341
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

You know you're obsessed with LOTR when-

~ You're going on a mission trip and guesss what book was the first to go into you luggage

~ You're leaving for said mission trip VERY early in the morning and guess what you're reading VERY late into the night

~ You've had a stranger walk up to you and ask if you were a ringie only because you looked like one.... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2003, 01:38 PM   #342
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Annalaliath has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Annalaliath Send a message via Yahoo to Annalaliath
Sting

You name your newest zip disk Annalaliath, and write it in tingwar. YOu have named your old zip disk Lord of the Floppies, and the "brief case" that you instructor has you create for class is named "the breif case carried by the Lord of the Floppies."

All your e-mail correspondence these days is realated to LOTR in some way.

Tolkjien is the first place you go in the library or the bokstore. Even before you go look at Ansil Adems stuff.

You install Alice just to help give you parents the excuse that you are doing something differnt(even if it envolves a very twisted game....) other than LOTR or the BD.
Old 06-13-2003, 01:43 PM   #343
Dimple Took

Tolkien

You know you are obsessed with LOTR when:
1. You and your best friend greet each other in Elvish.
2. You have a FOTR day calandar and you have cut out and saved all the pictures.
3. You spend your spare time watching FOTR.
4. You are printing the FOTR and TTT movie scripts off the internet.
5. You stay up late at night reading the ROTK because it's summer and you can.
6. You ARE going to see ROTK @ midnight on December 17th, and they would have to send you home tied up in a sack to stop you.
7. You are making a cloak and a t-shirt to wear to this said premiere.
8. You even think about altering your apperance LOTR-style.
9. You think in LOTR quotes.
10. You beat up Harry Potter kids. (Melkor, Morgoth, Sauron, J.K. Rowling...BLATANT PLAGARISM!!!! Grrr...)
Old 06-13-2003, 01:44 PM   #344
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Sting

Sapphire Flame, YOU'RE WRITING A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF THE LAST TWO BOOKS!!!!????

You're the first person I've found. *Hands's Sapphire_Flame a inspirationary (insert item name here in the hopr it helps you!)* [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

OK, yet another one, you know you're obssessed when you chase your brother madly around the garden wearing a bikini because he nicked your Lotrs book which has all three books in it. He nicked it because, and I quote him on this, 'You read it far too much and it makes you sprout all those stupid quotes that I can't understand.' [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

Old 06-13-2003, 07:27 PM   #345
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

The only way that you can get your baby brother to eat is by singing The Drinking Song (Merry and Pippin's). (I swear it's true! It's the only way he eats!)

The only way you can get your baby brother to go to sleep is by singing "A Elbereth Gilthoniel" and "The Fall of Gil-galad" to him.
But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.
Old 06-13-2003, 08:47 PM   #346
barandilwen
Animated Skeleton

barandilwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

i know im really obsessed with lotr because i...

watch the dvd everyday...

bring atleast one of the books with me everywhere...

bring my lotr pillow everywhere [even if im just going to another room inside our house!]

look at the poster atleast once a week...

keep lotr character pics in my wallet...

get hyper active in the malls if i see any of the boardgames related to lotr...

always tell harry potter fans that the stories are for kids and is not even a tiny bit closer to the exquisiteness of tolkein's books...

i dream of myself being a member of the fellowship...

and lots and lots and lots more!
Old 06-14-2003, 03:43 AM   #347
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

Quote:
2. You have a FOTR day calandar and you have cut out and saved all the pictures
I thought I was the only one!

*All your dreams nowadays feature Lord of the Rings characters. Or songs.

*Youve memorised many many songs from LotR, including some very long ones.

*You door has an inscription on it in Tengwar and Angerthas, declaring "The door of Apaire, King of Dwarves. Speak friend and enter. Apaire of Middle Earth drew thee signs.

I honestly dont know what the big deal is about Harry Potter. Let them like what they want, We'll love what we want.
Old 06-14-2003, 10:49 AM   #348
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

you and your grandmothr make deals to safegaurd each others LOTR calenders.... (no realy we don't cut them up. we keep them and my grand mother may steal the first one I got. A very dear freind gave it to me. Alas she is no longer in contact.)

YOu drule over the LOTR action figures at KB toys.

You wish to find other Goths intersted in LOTR in your state, even those who think they are....(hey in the end we are all posers and sell outs, except for LOTR[I mean Tolkien fans] fans of cours).
Old 06-14-2003, 11:06 AM   #349
Sapphire_Flame
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The Eye

Quote:
Instead of "what in the world" or "what on earth" you say "What in Middle-Earth"
Or "What in Mordor?" That's mine. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]
Quote:
YOU'RE WRITING A SIMPLIFIED VERSION OF THE LAST TWO BOOKS!!!!????
Kinda. More like a really, really extensive fanfic. I'm pretty much rewriting from the beginning of Book 2 through (and past) the end. And then a sequel. I've kept it as close as possible to Tolkien's original work, so you could say I'm writing a simplified version of them. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~You're obsessed when you are already working on your costume for the Midnight Show of RotK.

~You're obsessed when you are already working on the invitations for you party for the said show.

~You're obsessed when your nicknames on all sites (and with most of the people you know) are all LotR related.

Abedithon le! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #350
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

You threaten to go to a Star Trek convention in your Galadirel costume just because.

You notice the similarities(sp?) in Star Trek Nemesis to LOTR, and it makes you laugh, although you just can't understand why they would kill off Data.

You newest freind can't understand a word you say, cause he doesn't understand a bit of Tolkien.(smile and nodd, smile and nodd)

You have come to the comclusion that you are OBSESSED with LOTR, while you are knowledgeable about Star Trek.

[ June 14, 2003: Message edited by: Annalaliath ]
Old 06-14-2003, 01:14 PM   #351
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Sting

I haven't got onto the sequel yet, I'm still somewhere in TTT. I think I'm still at Helm's Deep, because it takes me so long to come up with all the complicated elvish names! (My main new character is an elf and she has several brothers who come into it alot!)

You know your obssessed when your brother refuses to use your computer because it has Lotrs wallpaer, and groans everytime you come home from shopping with a new poster!

Old 06-14-2003, 01:20 PM   #352
Finwe
Deathless Sun

Sting

You actually start becoming an Elf! (I swear to Eru it's true! I've started sleeping only two hours a night, my eyesight has improved, I can live on bread/crackers all day long, and I'm a lot quicker)

You slip in lines from LotR into just about every sentence.
Old 06-14-2003, 02:03 PM   #353
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

Sorry if I repeat any (good Eru, we have 9 pages of this... now that speaks for itself) but here we go:
  • When ordering a drink or cup of ice cream, you automatically ask if it comes in pints...
  • The only thing that keeps you from seeing TTT until you run your family into the poor house is the fact that they took it out of theaters so soon (nnooo!! my preciousss isss lossst!!)...
  • You have a sign on your door that says "Speak, friend, and enter" in Elvish and English...
  • You get 'ideas' from reading lists like these...
  • You attack anyone that doesn't use both sides of the paper and scream "Treebeard would be appalled!"...
  • When you're mad, instead of cussing you say the One Ring poem in Black Speech (example of when to do this: during the Academy Awards)...
  • You throw things at the television screen if LotR doesn't win a catagory in the Academy Awards, nearly distroying the monitor when they lose Best Picture (they just better get it for RotK or you will organize a hit group "and [they] will beg for death before the end!")...
  • When your door is jammed and won't unlock, you bang on it with a stick and yell "Edro, Edro! Open, open!"...
  • You walk up to automatic doors and say "Mellon!"...
  • You've gotten all of your friends hooked on LotR...
  • You insist that you're a hobbit, and even try to grow hair on your feet and give presents away on your birthday...
  • You go on to online Tolkien stores daily, just to visit all the wonderful things your parents won't let you buy because you're becoming "too obsessed".

Yup, guilty of all. And proud of it!
arianrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2003, 05:51 PM   #354
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
You put rogain on you feet
I am a nerd..... I am a nerd.

The one thing that you realize from talking to people at school is that you are no longer interested in anything else other than Alice and LOTR.

You wonder if there is such a thing as a Gothic elf.( I mean in the dress)

Your father says that you should get out of the house from time to time and do something.

You are getting carple tunnel from the long Hours on the computer, and are getting fat from the long hours of boht comoputer and reading.

your mother finds a plastic ring on the ground. You tell her to name it Precious.

Tolkien is first, then Lawhead, and brooks. Then comes Tim Burtin.

You want to be an elf, as a matter of fact it is a lifes ambition, aside from the one of being a kinder.
Old 06-14-2003, 08:14 PM   #355
Telquellewen Greenleaf

Silmaril

SIGNS YOU ARE OBSESSED WITH LOTR AND ANYTHING MIDDLE EARTH

1. You have at least 300 lotr pics saved on your computer.

2. Your hair is long so that you could style it in elvish. In fact, you go to school in elvish hairdoo everyday! *mine’s gone beyond my waist and is reaching down to my butt*

3. Your uncle told you that you got your high grades “by the grace of legolas” *my uncle really told me that. I couldn’t tell if he was joking with me or trying to insult me. In my mind, i’d say it’s by the grace of eru iluvatar*

4. You stay online *almost practically burning your computer- and your eyes* at, at least 5 tolkien sites for at least 8 hours a day (that is during vacation). *in my case 2pm to 1, 2, 3 or 4 or even 5am nowadays*

5. You socialize more with other tolkien fans on the net, and socialize less in real life.

6. In a restaurant, instead of asking for a mirinda… you asked for miruvor by mistake.

7. Your bedroom wall is covered with pics and posters of lotr *on mine, more than half is legolas’. Sigh…*

8. When checking your school notebooks, subject teachers in school have noticed your numerous doodles of elves etc. They complain that they also cannot understand more than half of what you have written (especially in math) because your notes are mainly in tengwar and sometimes in angerthas.

9. When going to the library, the librarian automatically asks you if you want to borrow: “the usual”

10. You have a mountain of magazines containing anything lotr, no matter how small. *in my case, it’s an orlando bloom pile. I buy a magazine even if the only thing about him in it is just his name! I also bought one even if the only thing about him in it was a picture of his face- just as big as your fingernail, where he was only part of a quiz question.*

11. You gave yourself a legolas action figure as a birthday present.

12. Your friends (not just on the net, but even in real life) call you by your elvish name.

13. Your computer constantly plays your cd of ttt soundtrack, then tomorrow the fotr soundtrack, the following day, ttt again and then…

14. You have fully narrated, from memory, the tale of tinuviel (the silmarillion version and the book of lost tales 2 version) to your parents, asking them which version is better.

15. You greet and to talk to your friends and relatives in elvish, when they ask you what you just said, you roll your eyes on them.

16. You always try sleeping like the elves do- hands folded upon the breast…

17. You write and email your friends and relatives in elvish too. (they don’t understand it but it’s the thought that counts)

18. You always use elf runes and dwarf runes when you type. Those are your favorite fonts.

19. You have plenty of dreams about lotr (most of them are weird though)

20. You have memorized the movie, the soundtrack, the dialogues, the prologue, everything! (due to watching it everyday)

21. You can talk about anything tolkien or middle earth for hours… even days! You have done this!

22. You have submitted a writeup in english class in elvish translation *which garnered me extra points, hahaha*

23. You look into the mirror expecting to see: “a great eye, lidless, wreathed in flame…”

24. On the school bus, you always sing: “the road goes ever on and on. Down from the door where…”

25. More than once, you used tengwar to write your name in a quiz. (your teacher knows who you are anyway) *on the third time, i got scolded*

26. In a quarterly examination, you used tolkien to represent english literature. Then, you also used tolkien in an essay in another major examination in comparison to other literary works such as beowulf, knights of the round table, romeo and juliet, etc. Etc. *i’m in the philippines, but we do have lessons like that*

27. You always win during costume parties. You are the elf. You even defy the theme- if there is a theme (like haloween or something,) they all expect you'd do that anyway! *but one time, i went as yavanna kementari. With the help of two of my close friends, we made a costume out of a net, a silky greenish-gray fabric, leaves and stuff… but my costume still turned out to be the best. There was this small vine with leaves that entwined with the braid in my hair perfectly, but it was kinda itchy*

28. You have seen fotr (the movie) for more than a hundred times, (since the two towers is not out on stores yet, but you have seen it in theatres for 5 times anyway)

29. You watch other movies (old or new) that contain lotr actors in them. *have you watched the movie hamlet with ian holm in it?*

30. The poems about elves, middle earth, and tolkien that you submitted as a class requirement in english, have been published in the school paper.

sad to say that my parents still have'nt allowed me to change my name legally...

*gee, i’ll probably remember some more later…*
Old 06-14-2003, 08:19 PM   #356
Telquellewen Greenleaf

Silmaril

ohh! i forgot... your friends tell you that you sleeptalk in elvish *this is true*
Old 06-14-2003, 10:21 PM   #357
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Welcome to the Downs, LegolasLover. Post wisely. (Don't follow my example, in other words. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img])

When you see a movie that is definately going to give you nightmares due to your already overactive imagination, your instant solution is to go to this site and read these topics. I actually did this tonight. I can't quite remember what it was that so scared me now.

Your younger sister (Who the heck is that? is her nick here, BTW) who doesn't really care for f*ntasy *nd prefers horror and monster stories, finally registers on BD so she can figure out what you're so excited about.

You call you baby sister, at varying moments, "Elfie," and a bunch of other Tolkien-related names (none of which can I remember at this moment due to lack of sleep).

When you watch Matrix Reloaded, the first thing you say to your sister is "Here comes Agent Elrond."

You randomly shout "Do the wave for Boromir the Disco King" and freak out passersby.

Edit: Excuse the odd spelling, something is wrong with my computer.

[ June 15, 2003: Message edited by: Tinuviel of Denton ]
Old 06-15-2003, 04:16 AM   #358
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Sting

You cut up some of your mums plastic flowers' stems and sharpen the ends. You then use these as arrows. You have also made a bow from rulers, sellotape and an elastic band.
You also use your 18inch ruler as a sword. (So helpful that it has a metal edge... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img] )
On top of that, you use a large stick as a staff. And a stick with a pine cone on the end as a mace (well, until you cut off the stem to make another arrow). Ok, this is beginning to scare even me now.
Your friend only has to show you his one ring to get you to do what he wants. Because we must obey the preciousss.

Finwe, you are the only person here who has worried me so far. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-15-2003, 10:36 AM   #359
Annalaliath
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

When your mother gets you angery you put on loud music and read LOTR. No matter where you open it to, you just read.

ypu dream about your Tolkien club posters.(they actually exist, here,.....
Old 06-15-2003, 02:07 PM   #360
Arestevana
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arestevana has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

YOU KNOW YOU"RE OBSESSED WHEN...

You read these posts and find out most of them apply to you.. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

You criticize the movies constantly, saying they are an insult to Tolkien's writing, but have them memorized anyway.

You hold secret councils with your friends.

You quote the appropriate passages from Moria when going or condsidering going through a tunnel, over a bridge, over a mountain, or through severe weather (preferably snow).

You find yourself answereing the question 'what's today's date?' in S.R. and using the hobbit's month names.

You find yourself becoming overly possessive of random objects, calling them mathoms and hoarding them.

You become overly possessive of a single random object, calling it your precioussss, speaking only to it, taking it everywhere with you, and quoting LotR at anyone who attepts to pry it from you.
Arestevana is offline   Reply With Quote