Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2003, 11:33 AM   #121
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Question

Everdawn's post

It had been a trying journey home for Arië, the king had greeted them warmly, though the frost which had now fromed on Arië's heart could not be melted. She had come exhausted to her father, Menorë, after their address to the king, and stood as he spoke words which offered little comfort to her now, in such a former shaddow herself she bowed her head.

“I never knew such unbridled hate dwelled in the world.” He spoke, “Until now.” She looked up, her eyes straining against the light of the hall and into the face of her mother and father. His voice was lowered and he bent down to see her. “My only daughter, an innocent, who happened to be one of the few of faith and full of heroism, was one of the few thinking Greenwood able to come back from the brink of annihilation. My only child believing in the deeds of Ceros and his company, strayed out into this once beautiful wood full of life, now this wood, this… Mirkwood brings her here and Ceros has not failed.”

And there she cried, all the sorrow and broken innocence of her short days appearing in unison on her mornful soul. Sendalien Arië the elder gave her daughter a hand to lean on. "You have done more than was thought that you could do, your grace has gone now, but have faith my Younger, your grace will return."

In the days that passed, Arië was not alone, there were many an elf who came and spoke with her. She had gone herself and spoken with Ainemention's parents and wept over. Ainemention's mother said to her, "Biearyn Arië, I am gald that my son could have lived to save a life such as yours."

She saw much of Ihwesta and Ceros and Taurëwen and Eruwen in the weeks following. All had noticed the swift change in their young friend, her eyes told the tale of her growing what seemed to be centuries upon her return home.

The darkness had only begun to eat their once placid home.She became part of the king's counsel. Some fought now with a great hope, like Ceros, but Arië knew in her heart that they would fail.

Arië, in the latter days, never found many excuses to be happy, and the younger's spirit was never shown in such passion to another elf again, not even to her friends and Arië never married.

It tore her apart to see how the world had changed those few weeks, and Arië never recovered fully from her own doom.

Arien's post

After the return to their realm all continued with the same duties they had had before departing. Reyn had disappeared mysteriously; and none of them held any knowledge of where he had gone, just that he had departed. It had cut Taurëwen deeply and the pain showed on her face when it was too much for her to contain.

Ceros continued with his duties to the realm, and worked and battled tirelessly against any foe that dared to come near their borders. Ceros too now had a duty to Ihwesta; he could not deny that he had fallen in love with her during their journey.

“It seems as though love can even grow in places of despair.” Those were the words of Orodhin when Ceros asked for the blessing of their marriage for he would not marry her without the consent of his closest friend.

He loved her dearly, and times were to come in the following years when she would be his only comfort against the darkness that devoured their home.

[ October 09, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-08-2003, 11:34 AM   #122
Arien
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arien has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Arien
Sting

Epilogue

………..The greatest forest in Middle Earth now bowed to the forces of evil that lurked within. From the day that the shadow of evil entered the south, it was no longer the same. Twisted forms marred her trees and killed her animals. And she wept. And he came…And from those days forth her beauty was no more. Slowly his evil spread and reached the Elves. And they in turn closed their doors to the world; to keep the evil out and to keep the good in.

That was the story of how the evil was found, some died and some lived but he was too strong. They fought but the evil was too strong and in their failure the doors of their halls were closed; their beauty and hers was shunned out of sight beneath the veil of blackness. And from then on she was Mirkwood………

[ October 08, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 10-09-2003, 05:56 PM   #123
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

~*~ To Elvenhome ~*~