Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2003, 01:10 PM   #241
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Quote:
Would you mind taking over her character until I find out whats up? Let me know please
I will in two weeks time, I'm off on holiday tomorrow! I'll try to post later but I might not be able to. Anyone who wants can use Elena- as long as it's in character. Bye!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-26-2003, 12:43 PM   #242
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Mathom Collector has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Hi!

Still on the story thread, just wanted to let you all know. I'm biding my time to post now.

Culthal, I was thinking that maybe Ohtaredan and Herebrand can go outside (of the room, at least) and have a conversation that might shed some more light on their relationship now? What do you think?

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: Mathom Collector ]
Old 07-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #243
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

When is the exact end date for this RPG? I'm going out of town August 2nd for a week and I'm wondering if I'll miss the ending ... I hope not!

My post for Annanoldowen and Gita will be up tonight: promise!

-Maikafanawen

[EDIT]: Actually, there's no real need for me to post for Annanoldowen. As far as Gita goes, I'll have her do something when Cartil is rescued.

[ July 26, 2003: Message edited by: maikafanawen ]
Old 07-27-2003, 12:15 AM   #244
Kryssal
Wight

Kryssal has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

um....Tara, I was wondering if my post should be deleted or edited. I just thought maybe I made too much of an assumption with it.

[ July 27, 2003: Message edited by: Kryssal ]
Old 07-27-2003, 06:16 AM   #245
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Taralphiel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Taralphiel
Sting

Kryssal: The post is fine. I think youve hit the spot. I'll make a reply to it now.

Maika: I am not entirely sure of the end date. It may be around that time though. Let me get back to you on that. Oh, and I may put a little bit on Cuor in there too for you.

Annun: Seeing as Lyra will be away, I'll post a reply to your post now as well.
Old 07-29-2003, 02:16 PM   #246
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I don't know if this is old news or not, but Manardariel doesn't have computer access anymore for the near, perhaps far, future. I found this out by happenstance, sorry if it's just irritating repititions.
Old 07-29-2003, 10:45 PM   #247
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Well thats not good news. If she isnt going to come back in a resonable time, we'll have to replace her.

Aylwen: Would it be too much trouble if I could have that list of names of authors to take over chara's again? I'll need a replacement for Fiona and Leena in the least.

Whoopsie...forgot about the name change..eh heh heh... Mathom, I still need you to post though. Cuthalion needs someone to post with urgently. Thanks for telling me Aylwen! Sheesh, its too late at night...

[ July 30, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 07-30-2003, 08:42 AM   #248
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Since Leena hasn't been posted for quite some time, why don't we have her found either unconcious from the battle or taken prisoner to a different part of the camp. I could take her if no one else wants to, though I may not play her quite as well as she origianlly was portrayed.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:21 PM   #249
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sure Kryssal, you can take her over if you want. But I think it woukd be for the rest of the game.

Otherwise, is everyone ok? Cuthalion, I'll post Laurel having a chat with you so that you dont feel left out while Mathom isnt here
Old 07-31-2003, 08:56 AM   #250
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

lol - of course for the rest of the game.

Hmm...I was thinking that I could go back to my old posts and add in what happened to Leena there so that it flows with the rest of the story. Doing a sort of double post like you do with your characters. It wouldn't be much, just in the battle to have her get knocked out or some such. I could tell everyone where I add stuff in, but would that be too much of an annoyance?

[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Kryssal ]
Old 07-31-2003, 07:36 PM   #251
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Kryssal: Sure! I like the sound of that! That helps Leena to get more cemented in the game. Yeah, just let us all know here where you added stuff

A note to all: All of you should know that the Rohan Gaming rules have been revised. Many of you also realise that this game has been suffering from inconsistent and lack of posting of late.

The Rohan Standards state that posts must be made regularly (ideally every two days) on the discussion thread or the RP itself. I know that I am stating stuff allready known, but I'd like to ask you all to please keep that in mind.

If you do not post in the RPG itself for more than two weeks and without informing me of your absense, I am allowed to take your character. I hate doing it, but that is the rules.

I dont want to have to replace any more characters because people are disappearing without notice. It takes away from the story, and can leave a bad feeling.

phew, glad thats over....Anyone else have queries?

[ July 31, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 08-01-2003, 09:59 AM   #252
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I know, I've been sooo terrible with posting here and I'm really really sorry. I keep forgetting about Rohan!! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Now I'm really being terrible but I'm going out of town from August 2nd (tomorrow-Saturday- morning) until August 9th (a week from tomorrow-Saturday). I am really sorry and the moment I come back I'll post like a mad man-er-woman! not funny I know, sooooo sorry.

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-01-2003, 10:39 AM   #253
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm so sorry too, Tara et all; but real life has happened again and I'm afraid I can't post this week...

I'll do all that's in my power to be able to post tomorrow but can't promise you anything certain. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

~Annun
Old 08-01-2003, 06:03 PM   #254
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

I hope that my post was OK. If it's getting too disgustingly cheesy I'll make the girls have a fight. I was trying to introduce one this time but it didn't work. I'll see about it when I come back in a week!
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-01-2003, 09:59 PM   #255
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Lyra: Youre post was great! You almost read my mind! I think its lovely!

I really didnt mean to have a go at you guys. That you let me know if you may not be around is all I ask really, and Im grateful to you guys for doing that [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kryssal has had the idea that she post Leena finding the lost army, and she finds her way back to the Village with them. Im for it, but what do you guys think?
Old 08-01-2003, 10:02 PM   #256
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Sounds like a good idea to me, y'know, get Leena back into the action. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Tara, I'm planning on posting soon, but I wanted to get your consent on something. Is it okay if I let Jesslyn go a bit crazy and let her run out to try and find Cartil by herself? Even though she has no idea where he is and what has happened to him...But I have to have Jesslyn do something. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 08-02-2003, 02:39 AM   #257
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sure Aylwen, post away! I might have Laurel try to chase after you [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-02-2003, 04:37 PM   #258
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Sting

::runs in::

Hello! I'm so sorry for not posting sooner. I didn't realize it had been so long! [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] But I'm back now!

I'm going to look the thread over, and I'll post as Ohtaredan tomorrow morning.
Old 08-02-2003, 05:04 PM   #259
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

My save post has been filled, and Jesslyn is running around the woods looking fruitlessly for Cartil. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

What's the next course of action, oh great Tara? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

-Aylwen
Old 08-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #260
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Thankies for the posts Aylwen and Cuthalion *blushes at being called great* [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] Im also glad that Cartil is back in the game! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Well, I'll lead Ohtaredan and Herebrand into the sick house, and as they talk to their man, I'll see Jess running off and give chase *grins*

anything else we need to cover?
Old 08-03-2003, 01:56 AM   #261
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

Ok, I've added in all of Leena's posts throughout my old ones, in time with the game as much as I could. For your convenience, I'm going to put them all right here so that no one has to go back to try and find them.

Oh, and I finished off with her latest post. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

~*~

Idly wondering if she should have tried harder to go to the Swan House, Leena wandered the streets of the village. She was bored, to say the least, and it would have been nice to have Thagon there to tease; it would have made the time pass faster at least.

Sighing, the priestess sat down against a small tree off the side of a road leading out of town. She swiped the back of her neck and grimaced. The gritty sweat that rubbed off on her hand made her want to run and take a bath, but she knew she’d get to that soon. Right now she was trying to rest up a bit.

A small cat came up to her and got a nice head rub for its efforts. Laughing at the incessant purring Leena continued to pet and play with the spotted feline. It was almost napping in the gray fold of her dress when it suddenly flipped over, hissed at something behind the warrior and ran off to the nearest house with its hair completely on end.

“What was-” Leena stood up as fast as her catching dress would let her. When the cat had screeched off the maiden turned to see what the matter was, expecting to see another animal. Instead she saw wild men; they had seen her too. Cursing she ran crookedly until safely behind a building, barely escaping several darts. One particular dart had hit and stuck in the edges of her skirt. She quickly yanked the offending object out, careful not to touch the poisoned tip.

Gently sliding out her slender sword from its worn scabbard, Leena tried to double back around the house to get behind the men that she had seen. Two of the invaders were going around just that way to catch her and they faced at the corner. Lunging forward before the leading man was able to clear the corner and bring his sword to use, she stabbed him with the dart and completed the lunge by jumping over the poisoned man and bringing her sword into the second mans gut. The impaled man sputtered and fell backwards, allowing Leena to yank out her sword with little difficulty. In the same movement it took to take the sword out of the now dead man she brought the hilt into the back of the head of the dart victim. Just because he was poisoned didn’t mean that he couldn’t kill her before he went out for good.

The fight was over in mere moments and Leena wanted to get at the other brigands before they noticed that their comrades weren’t returning right away. Gathering up a dagger and all the darts that she could find on the corpses, she turned to find her next opponent.

~*~

There were so many dead! Leena had killed three more wild men so far, but had seen at least twenty fallen villagers and five dead Rohirrim fighters.

Currently she was chasing down a fleeing invader who she had seen kill a child. The memory flashed behind her eyes, stealing from her concentration as it played out once again in her mind.

- A young child, no more than six summers old, running out from his hiding place to hold his just killed father. The wild man laughing as the boy cried and tripped when he finally reached the dead villager. The small boy hugging his fathers middle, tears still flowing unendingly. The brigand picking the tiny form up sneering, “Want to see him again?”

Not waiting for the child to answer he snapps the young ones neck and drops him like a maiden would a soiled cloth. -

Leena had been dispatching another killer when she saw the bits and pieces unfold from across the road. Giving a terrifying yell she ran to the boy. The wild man had heard her cry, saw her eyes, saw her coming towards him and he ran, dropping his sword as he turned to flee. Pausing to touch the boy’s still warm cheek and to mutter a quick word of prayer, Leena had gathered her fading strength and started in on the chase that led out of the town and through the forest. She wasn’t paying attention to the land as it passed by her in blurs, her only focus was on the weaving figure before her.

This one will die of his own poison, but not before I gut him.

Seeing her prey falter slightly up ahead she put on a burst of speed and stumbled on a bit of her dress as it caught beneath her again. Cursing yet again she kept up the pace and was soon on the man, tackling him from behind with a dagger leading the attack.

Crying out as he fell, the man started to beg for his life. “Ple..please. I didn’t..I’m….I don’t even have a weapon!” The figure was pitiful, writhing on the forest floor trying to back away from the advancing priestess.

Leena’s face screwed up in revulsion. She took her sword and thrust it into his belly, then took out one of the stolen darts as he screamed and spit up blood. Kneeling down she embedded it into his chest, right above the heart, much like when someone hits a table with their fist.

“Now you have two.”

~*~

Hmm…Leena looked to her left, right, and even swiveled her upper body to check behind her. I’m lost. Perfect.

After her last fight, the priestess had tried to follow the chase trail back to the village. The problem was the many other trails overlapping the one she had helped make coupled with the fact that Leena suspected that in the run they had gone in more than one circle.

Sighing, Leena set out on a large trail and hoped it would lead her right. Eventually it would lead her somewhere: to the Swan House, out of the forest randomly, or to the invaders camp. Frowning at the prospect of ending up in the enemies lair, she trudged along, not really looking for danger, but at least listening for the tall tale signs and keeping her sword ready.

She scrunched up her nose as she walked, smelling her body odor and feeling very sticky from sweat. A good bath was definitely needed, but she had no idea of when she’d be able to get one.

After almost an hour of walking she saw someone crouching in the bushes ahead of her. She had barely seen him in the first place, just a glint of sunlight at the right spot revealed his hidden presence. Moving into a hunting stance and taking out one of the darts from the pouch she kept them all in at her waist, she tried to make her way around to his back as silently as possible. She was almost able to see his backside when two bow wielding men with arrows trained on her stepped into view on either side of her.

She looked between the two, not giving in an inch. They were too far off and covered with too much foliage for Leena to be able to discern exactly where their loyalties lie.

It didn’t take long for one of the archers to recognize her. In fact, Leena had still been trying figure out how she was going to handle the new situation when he called to his companions and offered his hand to her as he approached. As he came closer the priestess could see the garb of a Rohirrim officer.

A smile broke on his face. “I am Beden and we could use your help.”

She took his hand after putting her weapons away and smiled in return, “I’ll do what I can.”

~*~

It had been at least five hours since Leena had arrived at the army’s temporary camp and they still hadn’t decided on a course of action.

The priestess sat in council with four high rank leaders and the discussion that had been going on for over an hour was about what they should do with the camped army. The messenger that they sent out three hours ago never returned and Leena thought it unlikely he had made it to the village since no one sent word. The army had too many wounded men to march off to the village and Settac, the main leader who had immediately taken over as acting Captain, was being very bull headed.

“We are in an unknown position to the enemy,” he repeated for the sixth time. “And to our allies,” Leena muttered as he continued, “And we have too many wounded to safely take back to the village. That’s all there is to this!”

Leena fumed at the balding would-be commander. “Fine,” she said in forced calm. “We’ll stay here till tomorrow midday at the least. We must move before the morn after though, agreed?”

He raised his head, looking slightly superior. “We’ll talk about it then.”

The priestess’ eyes flashed and had to forcibly restrain herself from attacking that arrogant prick. All he wanted was his new found power. He wasn’t even thinking about what his men needed nor about his duty to the village. She wished that Herebrand were here to quash his power trip.

The three, thus far silent, other leaders looked at each other and departed together. Leena stayed behind at the cold fire, trying to clear her mind, but it was resisting. Taking deep breaths and reaching inside for her training, a calm finally over took her and left her rational, even if she was still tinged with anger at Settac.

Looking around at the camp, Leena could understand why the pompous ‘Leader’ didn’t want to move. Many of them were close to dying and there was high risk in moving them. Personally, Leena thought that most of them could die regardless and the army had to get back to the village, it needed the good men’s protection. Leena had another surge of anger toward Settac at him going after a large band of wild men and leaving the village behind with most of the army following him. Now, because the battle had been more fierce than calculated they were stuck with too many wounded.

Going to her bedroll for the night, Leena swore that she would get the army out by tomorrow night, even if she had to gag and tie Settac.
Old 08-03-2003, 08:38 PM   #262
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Sting

Yay Kryssal! Thanks for saving Leena from dying. Good job!

Tara - Please, please check your PM box! Thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Jesslyn is going crazy, and is just waiting for Laurel to tell her that Cartil is dead (but he's not...not yet....)!

-Aylwen
Old 08-03-2003, 09:59 PM   #263
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Mathom: Check your PM's thanks

Aylwen: Jess has her answer [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I'll post as Rudhchamion and perhaps the two brothers and Cuor soon
Old 08-04-2003, 09:19 AM   #264
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Hello!

Tara, I got your PM, thank you for pointing that out. I'll fix it ASAP, I just have a quick question. I want to make sure I get this right.

The man Herebrand and Ohtaredan are going to see is Annunfuin, right? And he's sitting up on the side of his bed?

Sorry if I got this wrong, I was looking over the thread, but I want to be sure.
Old 08-05-2003, 12:47 AM   #265
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Its not Annunfuin. Its a soldier from teh army. Annunfuin is at the Swan House, and you are at the Village.
Old 08-05-2003, 09:24 PM   #266
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Just a little guidance here, Tara. Since I know very little about the army per se, I have no clue where they are or who this guy is, sooo, can you maybe write for him and tell Herebrand the details when he talks with him? That's the only way I can think to go forward at this point. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2003, 09:32 PM   #267
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Sure! I'll get that post ready [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 09:52 AM   #268
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I'm so sorry to do this to you - again! - but I can't post today or tomorrow (today I have no time and tomorrow no computer access). [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

BUT - be it then that I must wake up at 5AM - my post will be up by Saturday morning.

Once again I'm sorry for all the inconvenience.

~Annun
Old 08-07-2003, 06:26 PM   #269
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Hi,

I'm going to catch up on the thread, then post there tomorrow.

TRR/MC

[ August 07, 2003: Message edited by: Mathom Collector ]
Old 08-08-2003, 07:08 PM   #270
Cuthalion
Summoner's Soul Mate

Cuthalion has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Cuthalion
Sting

Tara and Co.

I regret that I must leave for the week, but I've been called away on a family emergency...I should be back by Friday.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:33 AM   #271
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

No worries Cuthalion [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TRR, let me know if you need to know anything
Old 08-09-2003, 12:22 PM   #272
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Silmaril

Guess what? Manardariel just PMed me, and she's coming back! She asked me, and I'd like to know too, what do the girls do now? Shall we just continue on a plotline of our own like before?
the Forbidden Link
Old 08-09-2003, 02:06 PM   #273
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Correction Lyra, I´m not COMING back...I am back! Didn´t I post here?? Sorry!!! I knew I was forgetting something......... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Anyways, what I´m also wondering: How much of the village was destroyed? How high are the chances that Fiona´s house is still standing??
Old 08-09-2003, 04:42 PM   #274
Mathom Collector
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Thanks Tara! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry I didn't come here earlier, I had a really bad day yesterday. I just got rid of my last Ohtaredan post, and I'm going to read the thread over and ask you if I have any questions, then I'll post a really good quality post tomorrow. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

TRR
Old 08-09-2003, 10:39 PM   #275
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Manan: Lucky save there! I was about to PM for a replacement for Fiona!! Well, youre back, and Im very glad!!! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Lyra: You two continue on. Youre both in the Swan House, and reasonably well protected. Keep chatting with Taralphiel, Anuunfuin, and Annanoldowen. Perhaps ask about the Village as well. Im sure Taralphiel will enjoy their company.

As for the Village, its not in good shape. But there is a chance your house is still standing, or maybe damamged but repairable.

Mathom: Thanks for that. Cuthalion would appreciate your help
Old 08-10-2003, 10:31 AM   #276
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

I’ve returned and read over both threads thoroughly. My post is up and I’m ready to get going again with Swan Wood!

I have brought Annanoldowen to the village. It seemed logical. She wants to help rescue Cartil and prepare for the second onslaught if that’s okay with everyone else.

-Maikafanawen
Old 08-11-2003, 01:53 AM   #277
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Maika: There seems to be something missing off the end of your post, could you check that please? As for moving out, that's okay with me

Manan and Lyra: I got your PM. Moving is fine with me. Maybe meet up with Lanaey

Annun: We have to figure out a way to remove Taralphiel from the House, any ideas?

[ August 11, 2003: Message edited by: Taralphiel ]
Old 08-11-2003, 02:59 AM   #278
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Tara - actually I have an idea how Taralphiel might stay in the House till the end (whatever that may be). But for that plan I'll need lady Annanoldowen's assistance...

I have no time to wait for your answers at the moment (two sweethearts call for their auntie...) so: I will write a post that introduces my idea and then PM it to you, Tara & Maikafanawen. If it's ok for you, then I'll post it on the actual thread. I'll need 24 hours.

~Annun
Old 08-12-2003, 02:22 PM   #279
Kryssal
Wight

Silmaril

I had an idea, strange, I know, but don't expect it to happen very often [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Anyway, I was thinking that the army could be coming up to the village when attacked by a small group of wild men?

Since they send out a scout every once in a while some of the fighters in the village could be going to meet the army when it's attacked. La de daa, we could do a couple of things with that.

Just wondering if anyone was opposed to the idea.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:02 AM   #280
Taralphiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

Annun: I await that PM, whenever its easy for you to do so. No pressure!! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Kryss: Hmm...I dont mind that idea...so youre saying that the army is attacked, and that some villagers spot it, and alert Laurel and co?? I do think that will work.

Anyone else have any probs??