Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2003, 11:23 AM   #161
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Ring

Okey, thanks Maika...! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] No I'm even more confused..... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 03:05 PM   #162
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing Nuru!! This would make a great movie!! Set in medeival France it could be pulled off!! *sigh* I've got the trailer all worked out!!
Omg Maika, YES!! I see the best actresses on the globe (Nicole Kidman, Cathrine Deneuve, Angelina Jolie....), I see costumes, intrigue.....I see OSCARS!
[img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

LunchLadies: I´d like you to have your invitations by Wednesday,4 pm eastern time. All right?
Old 07-08-2003, 03:18 PM   #163
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Is it really all that confusing if all the posts are read completely? Also, is there such an emphasis on sequential posting vs concurrent posting? I guess I am still trying to find my comfort zone in my writing style here in this RP that will mesh with others. Hope I'm doing ok.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:55 PM   #164
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Quote:
Is it really all that confusing if all the posts are read completely
YES! I think I've read all of the two times! Ther are 24 people in this RPG and I can't remember all the names and what they are......*me goes back reading the RPG...again...* [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 04:04 PM   #165
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

elven maiden Earwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to elven maiden Earwen
Silmaril

I'm just going to bring this up:
Quote:
Minas Tirith Residents
Siriel & Tiriel- Sophia
Pelien- Alak
Adrama- Nurumaiel
Emilia- Lyra Greenleaf
Sador- Novnarwen
Gaerlin- Sapphire Flame
Vern (cook)- Durelin
Elena- Varda

Corsair Group
Dryea- Maikafanawen
Alethea- Arien
Ruiel- Elora
Ranne (maid)- Snowdog
Rheaite (maid)- Hirilaelin
Gwen (maid/companion)- Annalaliath
Meirelle (maid)- Horse Maiden

Dol Amroth Group
Tessa & Finduilas- Manardariel
Viena- Everdawn
Betuli (maid)- Orofaniel
Averyll- Ealasaid
Diorwyn (seamstress)- Estelyn Telcontar
Jacinth (chaperone)- Aylwen Dreamsong
Lessawen (maid)- Wren
Eleniel- elven maiden Earwen
and this:
Quote:
Corsairs and Corsets Plot outline- IMPORTANT
Act I- The stage is set
Outline:
Finduilas and her ladies discuss the events of last night, including the meeting Finduilas and Denethor.
Ladies of Minas Tirith meet, start "plotting" against Finduilas&crew.
Dryea spreads rumors of Finduilas fals identity, through the ears and mouths of the servents.

Act II.- The first Strife
Finduilas meets with the Minas Tirith group for a get together, and soon realizes something is wrong.
The Minas Tirith ladies start spying and sneaking.
One of her maids hears the rumors in the kitchen and attaks Vern, or a local Minas Tirith girl.
Dryea meets with Finduilas, who is easily charmed after the coolness of the other group.

Act III- suspicions
The Minas Tirith gang finally resolves that 1)Finduilas is not who she appears to be, and 2)they need to do something about her.
Finduilas plans a masquarade.
Dryea and Alahea quarrel.

Act IV- an unpleasant suprise
The masquarade:
Minas Tirith group confronts Finduilas about being evil.
They realize their mistake.
Dryea openly humiliates her sister.

Act V- the eye-opener
Dreya blunders.
Vern gives the message on to everyone else.
Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas, telling her everything she knowa-

Act VI- a fatal party
Finduilas´ engagement party.
The Minas Tirith/Finduilas gang decide to strike.
Finduilas´ speech.
Dryea blunders yet again, supporting the accusation.

Act VII- It is over
Palast guards try to arrest Dryea and her servants, but fail.
Finduilas and Minas Tirith group rejoice over their victory,
Dryea, plus servants, flees to Umbar.
[ July 08, 2003: Message edited by: elven maiden Earwen ]
Old 07-08-2003, 04:06 PM   #166
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Ring

The first list I always have with me when I read the RPG. Just in case....Thanks anyway! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 04:15 PM   #167
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sting

I just put them up their so it was easier for me to find. I get so confuzed with so many charecters. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2003, 04:53 PM   #168
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

maikafanawen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to maikafanawen
Pipe

Orofaniel: If you're still confused after reading all the posts in order and reviewing the game sheet at the beginning of this discussion thread then I don't know what to tell you except to take notes? Good luck

I've been saying this a lot but I think it's important. Dryea has to "win" two-thirds of the way through the game. It's important because a reader knows that good usually triumphs, it's precisely how they triumph that makes a story exciting.

Quote:
Act III- suspicions
The Minas Tirith gang finally resolves that 1)Finduilas is not who she appears to be, and 2)they need to do something about her.
Dryea and Aleathea quarrel.

Act IV- an unpleasant suprise
The masquarade:
They realize their mistake.
Dryea openly humiliates her sister.
Dryea should win somewhere around Act III or IV. We should group Dryea's blunders together as well. Instead of having her quarrel with Alethea and then humiliating her and then blundering in four different Acts, she should begin messing up towards the end of the masquerade--where she believes she wins. In her triumph, she slips up and then quarrels and humiliates Alethea causing her sister to betray Dryea and her mother.

This is the outline from Act III on that best fits my idea:

Act III - suspicions

Act IV - an unexpected suprise
The masquarade
They start to second-guess their supposition.
Siriel(?) believes that Dryea started the lie on purpose for some yet unclear reason.
The Morthaniawens assume they've triumphed at the conclusion of the masque.

Act V - the eye-opener
Dryea blunders
Vern gives the message on to everyone else
Minas Tirith & Dol Amroth groups become friends
Dryea & Alethea quarrel
Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas telling her everything she knows

Act VI - a fatal party
Finduilas' engagement party
The Minas Tirith/Finduilas group decide to strike
Finduilas' speech
Dryea realizes they know and runs

Act VII - It is over
(same ending)

Is this acceptable?

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-08-2003, 10:01 PM   #169
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elora has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

OK, I haven't been swallowed by a giant flying turtle, so I thought I'd jump in and post a few days ago.

As I read through what had already preceeded, and wonderful work one and all [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img], I got the sense that the Ball was ending and so posted Ruiel from that perspective.

Please, oh please, can Dryea have her Rhir. Ruiel would not be a truly evil mama unless she decided poor, hapless Rhir was going to go bye-byes if he continued to mess with her daughter.

After all that grooming, Ruiel is not about to let love get in the way and mess things up. Not that Ruiel has the power to vanish him. However she certainly will consider encasing his feet in alabaster and throwing him into the Anduin. [img]smilies/evil.gif[/img]

Kidding. I'm just trying to point out that Ruiel will not be at all favourable inclined towards Rhir, will think little of him as she does all men (particularly that Corsair captian that Ranne was yoked with some years ago). She's a dangerous woman in her own right, she so may not restrain her antipathy to mere contempt and lectures to her daughter.

Can I say that we have some wonderful work here on this role play. There are some logistical issues inherent with this many players. I know I'll be taking notes from time to time to make sure I don't misplace other characters in Ruiel's posts.

As for the insider/outsider debate concerning Dryea and gang, I believe they must be seen as legitimate denizens of the court, else they have no position from which to influence others. This will be necessary to set them up for the planned fall they will be taking. Who would listen to Dryea if she was considered some stranger to the Minas Tirith courts?
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 07-09-2003, 05:46 AM   #170
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Quote:
Orofaniel: If you're still confused after reading all the posts in order and reviewing the game sheet at the beginning of this discussion thread then I don't know what to tell you except to take notes? Good luck
Yeah, take notes....clever idea Maika.. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Well, I'm leaving tomorrow and will be back before next Saturday I think. When I come back I'll read the whole RPG again....(that will be my third time I think.... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and I'll start taking notes.

*Slaps herself in the face....WHY...can't..
I...remember.....24....people..their names...apperance.....personality.....and mates?
WHY?*
[img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT: I'll think a I'll start making notes right away! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*Oro*

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 07-09-2003, 05:58 AM   #171
Novnarwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Novnarwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Novnarwen Send a message via Yahoo to Novnarwen
Sting

Quote:
*Slaps herself in the face....WHY...can't..
I...remember.....24....people..their names...apperance.....personality.....and mates?
WHY?*
Did that help Oro??

Perhaps I should try.. Hmmmm..*thinks*

I am going to catch up when I come back...Farewell everyone... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

*Nova*
Old 07-09-2003, 06:17 AM   #172
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Sting

Quote:
Did that help Oro??
well, I don't know...

But if you think it's just as difficul as I do, you can read the RPG while you have the list.....do you knw what I mean?

And as Maika said, take notes! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 07:25 AM   #173
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

I wouldn't worry...I need to be taking notes as well [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] My memory just can't cope. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 08:42 AM   #174
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Ring

I've written a thiny post for Betuli, my character now, since I'll be leaving and not come back before next Saturday. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]
Old 07-09-2003, 08:51 AM   #175
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Elora: My post, that's just above yours, has Dryea going to her mother's room. I guess you must have missed it ...

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-09-2003, 01:57 PM   #176
Snowdog
Emperor of the South Pole

Snowdog is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Well yes, it can be confusing if you try and remember every single detail. The way I handle it is I 'pre-read' all the posts since my last one and make note of the actions of the characters my character will or may soon have interaction with, primarily the Corsair group at this point. After making notes on these characters actions, I then go back and read the posts, again taking notes of the descriptions of the locations, and the other characters' actions and interactions. I then formulate my post on Word or Outlook, and make tweaks and corrections, and then check for any additional posts before posting. Of course some of the actions are happening concurrently, but the overall flow of creativity is usually intact. its also good not to get too hung up on minute details.

Anyway.. off to read... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: I see the paradox, and I guess it could be corrected by a tweak in a couple posts so the confrontation between Ruiel and the sisters, or just Dryea happens in Ruiel's chamber? Well, it will be Thursday morning in Australia soon and so Elora will be on soon maybe.

Meanwhile, Ränne is going to post... which may be subject to edit pending the resolution of the paradox.

[ July 09, 2003: Message edited by: Snowdog ]
Old 07-09-2003, 02:11 PM   #177
*Varda*
Maiden of Tears

*Varda* has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to *Varda*
Sting

I don't really tend to make extensive notes - I don't usually take notes at all in games, although with this one it seems I'll have to. It is always useful, though, to write your posts on Word - that way you can keep the game up and check on details. It's also good to check that your spelling isn't totally messed up [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2003, 02:46 PM   #178
Manardariel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Manardariel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Maika- about the plot outline, that´s perfect. Afterall, Dryea´s your character and we game owners are only human, do we TOTALLY apprechiate stuff like this...right, Nuru and Sophia?! And I was thinking....the blunder, could that *by any chance* have something to do with Rhir? Just an idea... [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

Elora and Snowdog Okay, you guys are doing a wondeful job. Keep the evil! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Orofaniel there is a simple solution to your problem- don´t remember 24 personality traits. You´re a maid, so you should first focus on the people you interact with- maids, and Vern. Remember most names of the other players, but that´s really it. If you´re interacting, you can always go back to the discussion and check there. Just a piece of advice there

Ladies, do you think you could start lunching by tomorrow, 1 pm Eastern time? Is that realistic?

And what would you think of Julia Stiles for Adrama? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] And Varda, I just LOVE your Katherine Hepburn sig!
Old 07-09-2003, 03:54 PM   #179
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright then, so unless any of the other owners express any concerns, this is the outline:

Quote:
Corsairs and Corsets Plot outline- IMPORTANT

Act I- The stage is set
Outline:
Finduilas and her ladies discuss the events of last night, including the meeting Finduilas and Denethor.
Ladies of Minas Tirith meet, start "plotting" against Finduilas&crew.
Dryea spreads rumors of Finduilas fals identity, through the ears and mouths of the servents.

Act II.- The first Strife
Finduilas meets with the Minas Tirith group for a get together, and soon realizes something is wrong.
The Minas Tirith ladies start spying and sneaking.
One of her maids hears the rumors in the kitchen and attaks Vern, or a local Minas Tirith girl.
Dryea meets with Finduilas, who is easily charmed after the coolness of the other group.

Act III - suspicions

Act IV - an unexpected suprise
The masquarade
They start to second-guess their supposition.
Siriel(?) believes that Dryea started the lie on purpose for some yet unclear reason.
The Morthaniawens assume they've triumphed at the conclusion of the masque.

Act V - the eye-opener
Dryea blunders
Vern gives the message on to everyone else
Minas Tirith & Dol Amroth groups become friends
Dryea & Alethea quarrel
Alethea pays a visit to Finduilas telling her everything she knows

Act VI - a fatal party
Finduilas' engagement party
The Minas Tirith/Finduilas group decide to strike
Finduilas' speech
Dryea realizes they know and runs

Act VII - It is over
Palast guards try to arrest Dryea and her servants, but fail.
Finduilas and Minas Tirith group rejoice over their victory,
Ruiel, Dryea and their servants flees to Umbar.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:49 PM   #180
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

As Snowdog proved so clever in figuring out the time and day here in Oz, I feel compelled to try and do the same.

Apologies for the mistake in logistics Maikafanawen. I did indeed miss it, the danger of posting whilst tired. I have since edited, so that the confrontation between Dryea and Ruiel takes place in Ruiel's chambers.

Now, I did write some dialogue for your character, something I prefer to abstain from until I am better familiar with a character's lexicon and style. I didn't add the emotional state behind Dryea's words, but expect that she'd be incensed, anxious and upset at her mother's overbearing interference. I thought I was pushing the line far enough with the dialogue and didn't chance it further with the underlying character emotional state.

Hopefully, I've amended my gaff, and I do apologise. I know this edit comes to you on Wednesday evening (ta da - show off mastery of international time zones [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and appreciate the gracious patience of all concerned.

I shall endeavour to prevent this sort of obvious mistake occuring in my posts again.

Now, this is where I say "DOH!" and slap my forehead. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Characters: Rosmarin: Lady of Cardolan; Lochared: Vagabond of Dunland; Simra: Daughter of Khand; Naiore: Lady of the Sweet Swan; Menecin: Bard of the Singing Seas; Vanwe: Lost Maiden; Ronnan: Lord of Thieves; and, Uien of the Twilight
Old 07-09-2003, 09:10 PM   #181
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Elora: I'm too tired to go and read the RPG thread but you are such a sensational writer and I don't doubt that you did a fine job.

-Maikafanawen

...Greenwood...still...needs...elves...
Old 07-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #182
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Here's a bio for the mysterious soldier that both Siriel and Emilia have been eyeing. He'll be a minor disruption in their concentration, not a major player in the story. Lyra and I will manipulate him equally. Anyone else who wants to use him ought to check with one of us first, and make sure he stays in character. Thanks.

Name- Thenidir
Race- Men
Gender- Male
Age- early 40s Mature-looking

Appearance Tall, broad-shouldered, Dark hair (chin length), grey/blue eyes, Armor of Gondor, Rugged features, Very handsome, Look of amused condescension toward everything.

Personality- likes female attention but doesn't like the idea of settling down. He goes for empty headed bimbo types and breaks their hearts...which is why he gets more than he bargained for with Siriel and Emilia! Brave, witty, a good leader.

History- Thenidir is a Guard of Gondor, he's been away for years, on duty in the more isolated parts of the kingdom, has just returned to Minas Tirith from a shift at the Outer Beacons.

Also, Maikafanawen- Siriel will be happy to be the first to suspect Dryea [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Sophia
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:05 PM   #183
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sting

Maika - In the plotline, it says Vern or someone else will be attacked. I'd...love to have Vern attacked, if you know what I mean, so, if that works...

Also, I need someone to give Vern a sort of 'invitation' into the Minas Tirith group. Being only a little above a servant, and the rest of the group Ladies...just for realism's sake (well, as close to real as we can get) Vern needs to be brought up a level.

Oh, yeah, I have this character that I am going to let drift into my next post, and I was wondering if I could use him as a carry along character. He's just another servant in the kitchens, and he helps to tip off Vern. If not, he'll just appear once or not at all, it really doesn't matter.

Thanks!
Old 07-10-2003, 03:08 PM   #184
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Durelin

Post a brief description of the character on this thread for everyone to see please - unless you do intend to mention him only ONCE or TWICE.
Old 07-10-2003, 06:43 PM   #185
elven maiden Earwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Silmaril

I will be gone for three days starting tomarrow so I will post when I get back. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2003, 11:30 AM   #186
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Sophia: Splendid, but only when I'm ready for Dryea to be "found out".

Durelin: That's fine--but, what do you mean "attacked"? Like verbally right? And by whom? Dryea or one of the servants under Dryea's orders?

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-11-2003, 06:57 PM   #187
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Alright I've posted Dryea's morning. I hope Varda, you don't mind that Dryea's joined Elena for breakfast? If anyone else would like to join us, you're welcome to!!

Alak: Perhaps Pelien could see Dryea and Elena on the terrace and tell them about the small luncheon. Then Dryea can tell Ruiel and Alethea if you want.

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-11-2003, 07:57 PM   #188
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Adrama's morning post is finished. Alak, if you would like to do a post where Pelien speaks some more to Adrama after delivering the message to Addruran, go ahead. If you'd prefer to have her with her own activities (such as Maika mentioned) without delay, go ahead.

Wow, wonderful posts, everyone! Such fun reading! I have to start putting this together in a Word Document so I don't get too far behind..... and find some scratch paper so I can start taking those notes. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: Nurumaiel ]
Old 07-11-2003, 08:43 PM   #189
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Yikes! I haven't posted for such a long time! Well, Meirelle has just woken up and is munching on some porridge in the maids' eating quarters. I know the maids are supposed to find "information", but how exactly are they to do that? Forgive me, but this is my first RPG, and of course I had to go in the one with the most people. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 07:40 AM   #190
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Silmaril

I hadn't intended to use Gwinniel, Diorwyn's teacher and "boss" during her seamstress apprenticeship in Minas Tirth, more often, but she will show up occasionally as a contact person for my character. Does she need a detailed description?

Her age is not known; though she is quite old, she is still vigorous and active, running her shop with tight reins. She is more gentle than she lets on, and her intelligence makes her a formidable friend - or foe! Since she knows and trusts Diorwyn, she will be a help in uncovering some of the plot.
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 07-12-2003, 08:39 PM   #191
Elora
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

OK, I had this idea which will horrify most purists and probably even a good number of reasonable revisionists, still I think it has some merit.

As it is the basis of my post for Ruiel's morning, I thought I should explain it and see what the general consensus is.

Rumour is taking root that Finduilas is not whom she says she is, all well and good. Ruiel though, is interested in toppling the rulers of Gondor and replacing them with Umbar's rule (with pretensions to the throne for herself in typical power grandeur delusions). It fits with her as she considers herself quite superior to most others.

Therefore, I got to wondering about the next natural progression of the rumours: Finduilas' "real" identity. I figured the most damage would be done if she came from a despised Numenorian family, and none could be more so for the Faithful that settled in Middle-Earth than the descendants of Ar-Pharazon the ruler that caused the sinking of Numenor.

Now, there is no mention of any survivor of his family, and so I am making a large revision to suggest that one did survive, flee with the refugees to Middle-earth. There, he was reviled by his fellow refugees, the shame of his family so intense given the circumstances of Numenor's last King. Therefore, Finduilas would be eager to conceal her identity now.

This has potential, in my opinion, for a number of reasons. Firstly, the stigma of that false "real identity" would be hard for Finduilas to escape from. Secondly, for the Umbarian contingent it would be simple to spread incriminating details on the Ar-Pharazon connections to Finduilas. Umbar is orientated towards Ar-Pharazon, and would be familiar with the descendants of his line in Middle-earth. Thirdly, there is a certain irony that would truly amuse and appeal to Ruiel. Fourthly, the shame would rock the people's trust in the Stewards.

Having said all that, it is a big limb to crawl out on as far as a alteration of the history of Numenor. So, I ask that you think about it and let me know if you believe it could work or is simply too much or a revision.

I'll be happy to edit Ruiel's morning account if it proves too risky a revision of established history.

[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-12-2003, 08:49 PM   #192
Horse-Maiden of the Shire
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Horse-Maiden of the Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I am sad to say that I will be gone from Tomorrow until Friday. And why did I pick out a disgusting dress for Alethea? Frills? Lacyness? Ugh! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2003, 12:21 AM   #193
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Elora and Game Owners, and other players - please do not follow up in your posts on Elora's post of 07/12 1:29 a.m.

Before you proceed with bending of history concerning Ar-Pharazon and Finduilas as his descendant - I need to see a detailed family tree for how you think this might have happened.

Here is her descent on her Father's side, at least:

Imrazôr, the Númenórean (Dúnadan)from Belfalas in southeastern Gondor married Mithrellas, a Silvan Elf (Sometime in the 2nd millenium of the 3rd Age)
I
I
I
Galador (III 2004 - III 2129), their son, founded Dol Amroth in southern Gondor, and became its First Lord/Prince
I
I
I
I
Angelimar was the 20th Prince in direct descent from Galador
I
I
I
Adrahil, Angelimar's son, was the 21st Prince in direct descent from Galador
I
I
I
Finduilas (III 2950 - 2988) was the daughter of Adrahil
&
Imrahil (III 2955 - IV 34), who fought in the War of the Ring, was Adrahil's son, and the 22nd Prince of Dol Amroth

What you are implying by making Finduilas suspect in relation to Ar-Pharazon is that Prince Imrahil is also suspect. I don't believe Tolkien had that in mind at all for Prince Imrahil, the Fair; but I am willing to see how you plan to detail this shadowed history out - though I have to tell you, I don't see myself or Cami, the other Shire Mod allowing this revision of history.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Mod

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 07-13-2003, 12:46 AM   #194
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Quote:
Sophia: Splendid, but only when I'm ready for Dryea to be "found out".
I will wait for your cue, or until it is very obvious that the story has reached that point before moving [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

Great great posting, "ladies". So fun to read. One point of confusion. How many of you Minas Tirith ladies supposedly have rooms in the Steward's house? This seems very confusing to me, as many of you seem to all be living in the same building... Siriel would live there, and Finduilas and co. I think the rest of you would live somewhere else in the city [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img], we are not a hotel... *shrugs* its not a big deal, really, but for accuracy's sake, let's at least determine it.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!
Old 07-13-2003, 05:59 AM   #195
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Just to be clear, Emilia does live in the city. Probably not too far, but definitely not in the same house.
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-13-2003, 07:28 AM   #196
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I believe Pelien, Sador, and Adrama should be living in a house also...

Nuru, let me know if you disagree.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:14 AM   #197
maikafanawen
Tears of Simbelmynë

Pipe

Good point Sophia. *thinks*

Well, since the Morthaniawen's came from Dol Amroth as what? representatives? then they would be honored with housing in the Steward's home? That doesn't sound quite right.

What shall we (Arien, Elora, and I) do? Just keep our characters there or ... edit our posts for nearby estates?

It would be so much easier if we could keep the Morthaniawens in the citadel but if you don't approve, then we can "move out" heh.

About how big is the Steward's House? Isn't it the entire Citadel part?

-Maikafanawen
Old 07-13-2003, 01:02 PM   #198
Lyra Greenleaf
The Diaphanous Dryad

Lyra Greenleaf has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

When can we start descending on Pelien's house for lunch? And is it going to be just women at the luncheon? Sophia, do you think we could contrive Thenidir turning up? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] (Incidentally, are Siriel and Tiriel going to be there? Will they hear the rumours? Are we going to openly discuss them or be more discreet?) Will Vern be there?

Regarding Child of the Seventh Age's post (following) I did not mean those rumours. I just meant the "she's not from Dol Amroth" rumours... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ July 13, 2003: Message edited by: Lyra Greenleaf ]
“Sylphs of the forest,” I whispered. “Spirits of oak, beech and ash. Dryads of Rowan and hazel, hear us. You who have guided and guarded our every footstep, you who have sheltered our growth, we honour you."
the Forbidden Link
Old 07-13-2003, 01:33 PM   #199
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Lyra and others...

If you're referring to the rumors about Finduilas' "dubious" origin from Ar-Pharazon, please remember what Pio said earlier:

Quote:
Elora and Game Owners, and other players - please do not follow up in your posts on Elora's post of 07/12 1:29 a.m.
If you're referring to other rumors, then gossip to your heart's content!

Cami
Old 07-13-2003, 03:52 PM   #200
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Alak, that's fine. I was trying to be a bit vague because I didn't really know the answer to that. However, I think I might have mentioned Adrama going upstairs to change, and another post where she 'went upstairs' to her room. I can go check that out and edit to fit in with what you've said. For changing into her party gown she could go up to a washroom, and for going to bed I can change it altogether.