Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #481
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Right then.

So.

What is on the agenda for court this day?

1. Scyld/Nydfara
2. Wilheard?
3. Other?
Old 10-25-2015, 08:27 PM   #482
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
3. Other?
4. Elfthain
5. Would Cerwyn and Balan arrive by then? Would they present themselves to Eodwine at court? Balan would, but at the very end. I'll let Firefoot speak for Cerwyn.
Old 10-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #483
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yes, I think Cerwyn (and by extension Leof...) will end up being part of this court as well.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:16 AM   #484
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sounds exciting! Poor Wilheard is still sick.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:14 AM   #485
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Sometime today can I go ahead and post about getting ready for the court and pretty much bring us straight up to it?
Old 10-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #486
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Fine by me. My next post for Cerwyn will bring them to the Hall so the timelines should line up nicely.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:59 PM   #487
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
So do we play out the court in full with lots of short posts or...?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Old 10-27-2015, 02:54 PM   #488
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, lots of short posts. I'll post soon, when I get a chance.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 10-27-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:21 PM   #489
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I skipped ahead quite a few hours. If anyone wants to add something that goes in the time that I had pass, I'm ok with it. I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

Also, I don't know how anyone thinks that court ought to be set up. I thought of a few different ways and went with what I thought best. If someone would like to suggest a different way, I'm open. Elempi, I imagine you had some ideas about how it would look, too.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:15 PM   #490
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

I'll deal with Leof and Cerwyn's meeting in another post... it's getting late for me. No need to worry about waiting for them though, they might just miss the first part of court.

G55, I put some words in Balan's mouth just to get them to the Hall - if you'd rather he phrased it differently, let me know.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:53 PM   #491
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Looks good to me, Foley.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:56 PM   #492
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

That was a fun read, Firefoot! Nice interplay.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #493
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Oh, I am SO excited.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:40 PM   #494
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Thanks, guys.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #495
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Soo... anything we're waiting on?
Old 11-03-2015, 04:15 PM   #496
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Inspiration? I've been trying to think of a post to write for three days now and have come up with nothing. Things have been really hectic for me, though, and that may have something to do with my lack of creativity. I will do my best to think of something tonight.
Old 11-03-2015, 05:47 PM   #497
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry I lost a post for Elfthain and haven't got around to reposting. I will try to do now if I can stay awake,

Old 11-03-2015, 08:11 PM   #498
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Marvelous. Glad you posted, Mith, it gave me some stuff to use. I think we can progress with the court now.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #499
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I've been waiting for a miracle that would let me dedicate at least half a page of writing to this instead of my biology assignments... I know what I'll write, at least partially, but as I have a week to do my assignments they have been sucking up all the writing I can do in a day... I keep thinking next week should be easier, but each week they give something new and it starts again...

But I shouldn't hold up the main story. I was planning for Balan to only come forwards at the end of court, and Ledwyn might not show her face at all - or perhaps only in the background.
Old 11-04-2015, 05:31 AM   #500
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

It appears I have something for Eodwine to respond to.

Whoever wants to be number one, speak up or start writing. If no-one does so in the next day or so, Eodwine will just go ahead and decide who's number one.
Old 11-04-2015, 02:28 PM   #501
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Well I am around but I wouldn't think Elfthain's business would be so important to be up first? However I suppose if Thornden is presenting him then being first would free Thornden to do what he would normally do at court. Would records be kept? Anyway he is at your disposal.

Old 11-04-2015, 09:49 PM   #502
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Fine with me if Elfthain goes first.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:57 AM   #503
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

If no one wants to go first, we could have an NPC, or a couple unnamed characters even, briefly mentioned at the beginning to indicate that whoever is going next was not the first.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:39 AM   #504
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Good idea. I'll try to think of some cases that the Eorl would have to hear.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:45 PM   #505
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Um some hang over from the winter's trials maybe... bound to be some uncertain inheritance issues if people died out of the normal order of things, orphans to provide for that kind of thing maybe?

Old 11-05-2015, 05:47 PM   #506
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Also, the NPCs Lommy introduced - Brith's companions - they are planning to stay, right? So wouldn't they also have to ask leave of the Eorl?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:25 AM   #507
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Good thought, G55. I can work them into another post.

Mithalwen, what do you think of a PM post?
Old 11-06-2015, 07:03 AM   #508
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Might save time. I will clear some message space

Old 11-10-2015, 07:58 PM   #509
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Things have been dragging.

If you want to have your character(s) stand before the Eorl holding court, please speak up and say what you want to happen.

Then we can go to private message and build a PM post.

I have started 2 PM posts for this purpose already; one is moving along fairly well, the other is taking more time to develop. Whichever ones get done first, will be posted first. This way, I hope that we avoid losing momentum and people getting tired of waiting. Please assist in this as you are able.

thanks
LMP
Old 11-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #510
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I was waiting, assuming the PM posts were moving along. I don't have anything for my characters at present. I'm ok waiting, so long as I know things are happening in the background.

If I think of anything that needs doing, I'll mention it...or do it.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:04 AM   #511
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Sorry I will post and include Folwren. I was just a bit thrown.

Old 11-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #512
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
Sorry I will post and include Folwren. I was just a bit thrown.
RL has been very difficult lately, and I apologize for not giving this as much attention as I could.

Please tell me what you think Eodwine should already know about Elfthain. It might help to get past any misunderstandings, etc.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:53 AM   #513
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Mith, your PM box is full.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:22 AM   #514
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I have cleared some space

Old 11-17-2015, 07:33 AM   #515
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I want to let you all know that I am still around and I plan to post today. But since plans sometimes go amiss, just know that I'm here, planning.... I will do something in the near future.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 PM   #516
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm waiting for indications on 2 PMs, whether to post as is, or carry on.

If the court idea is turning out to be a not good way of doing this, we can drop it and move on. I'm not married to the idea.

Does everybody know what they want to do with their characters? If the court is holding stuff up, let's move on!
Old 11-18-2015, 07:46 AM   #517
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
I'm waiting for indications on 2 PMs, whether to post as is, or carry on.

If the court idea is turning out to be a not good way of doing this, we can drop it and move on. I'm not married to the idea.

Does everybody know what they want to do with their characters? If the court is holding stuff up, let's move on!
I apologize for my silence; it's been a really busy couple weeks. The only plan I have for my characters at the moment is to have Balan step up at the very end of court to present himself and ask permission to stay. It's going to be a very short post and shouldn't have any effect on what happens before or after. It's a really busy time right now, but if the PMs are finishing off I can write that post in the next few days. Would you prefer I post regularly or PM it to you to insert wherever amid the other things?
Old 11-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #518
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
Would you prefer I post regularly or PM it to you to insert wherever amid the other things?
That's not necessary. I think that one PM post is done and ready, I just need confirmation. The other one is kind of experiencing writer's block, I think. So that's the reason for my previous post. I don't know what's happening, so I asked.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:03 PM   #519
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Sorry for the hold-up; I just closed out our pm post.

My characters are now ready to move on (good timing too - I have next week off work so should have ample time to write ).
Old 11-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #520
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Once we're ready to move on, I've got at least one thing ready to post. I don't want to cut anyone off, but with things happening via PM it's sort of hard to know how they're moving.

One option too would be to have lmp just insert remaining court posts where appropriate at the end of one of his current posts when they're ready?