The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2003, 04:38 PM   #1
Katherine712
Pile O'Bones

Katherine712 has just left Hobbiton.
Sting *B*oromir *A*doration *G*roup---- Come in the B.A.G

Hi! and welcome to the B.A.G- Boromir Adoration Group. It is here that I, a relatively new member, thought that other admirers of the valient Boromir could come and discuss (friendly and comical) things related to him. For example...what was it that first made you like (a term probably not strong enough for the feelings of some on the board, I know) Boromir: his dashing fashion sense? (cranberry and green are IN!) His dramatic speeh? Or even his (if I may borrow the terms) position as the ruling king of disco? (not to mention those moves!)Seriously, I like Boromir and know that you guys can come up with some funny and great discussions, so I thought that B.A.G would be a good idea.
Katherine712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 04:42 PM   #2
Arafangwen
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: WtR: 413 miles/Floating happily across the floor in the arms of The Phantom.....
Arafangwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to Arafangwen Send a message via AIM to Arafangwen
Silmaril

Cute! I would chip in but I have to go now. I'll be back tomorrow to help!
Arafangwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 06:11 PM   #3
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Is this truly an "appreciation" or a fangirl type thing? I think he was really good in the movie, and really cool in the book, but I'm not a fangirl. Count me in, though!

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

(I know I'm posting this everywhere, but it's taking the boards by storm): Do the Wave for Boromir the Disco King! Do the Wave for Boromir the Disco King! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:20 PM   #5
Luthien_ Tinuviel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Luthien_ Tinuviel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Luthien_ Tinuviel Send a message via MSN to Luthien_ Tinuviel
Sting

Does my new avatar work?

You know what? I love Mip.
Luthien_ Tinuviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:26 PM   #6
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

So is this where the B.A.G. ends?

(Yes, it's working Luthien.)
Old 04-28-2003, 07:45 PM   #7
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

i think boromir is cool because he is so arrogant and could rush into most things usually with the knowledge that he would win but when it came down to saving the hobbits and probably not winning by rushing into a battle alone he still dook that chance and how can you deny his dancing abilities
Old 04-28-2003, 07:54 PM   #8
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

If this isn't a fangirl thing, I'd love to join in! Please tell me whether it is or not.
Old 04-28-2003, 08:02 PM   #9
Trippo The Hippo
Wight

Location: somewhere with hippos that say jolly o and wear spectacles
Trippo The Hippo has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

oh yeah that fangirl thing goes for me too
Old 04-28-2003, 08:54 PM   #10
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I'm not a raving fan-girl for Boromir but I seriously admire his character, though if you think of it long enough it's rather hard not to admire him. He has a very strong personality and is a very pre-dominant anti-hero. I really felt sorry for him, he must have so much pressure on him, to save Gondor, to protect Frodo, to resist the ring and such, I mean the other characters don't have nearly as much responsibilities, do they?
Old 04-28-2003, 08:57 PM   #11
Sillabub
Wight

Sillabub has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Oh, and did u see that part on the rocks in the crabbian scene with him, merry and pippin? That was SOOOO adorable! And it's sorta sweet that he tries to protect them, cause nobody else really does. Only Frodo gets attention otherwise.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:31 PM   #12
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Very funny, Lindril Arvilya! LOL I love it! What an apt observation!

My, Katherine712, for 11 posts, you catch on very quickly! I'm must say I'm impressed...you're already doing the wave. Good for you.

GaladrieloftheOlden, we can keep this from becoming fangirlish by the comments that we make. If we talk about him in an intelligent manner, than this won't become a gush fest!

Quote:
Oh, and did u see that part on the rocks in the crabbian scene with him, merry and pippin? That was SOOOO adorable! And it's sorta sweet that he tries to protect them, cause nobody else really does. Only Frodo gets attention otherwise.
Yes, Sillabub, I agree with you. I really thought it was nice the way he was trying to teach them to sword fight. You know the hobbits wouldn't have any experience in that catagory. He did seem to care about them a lot. And the way he called them 'little ones', that seems very affection, not condesending.

I agree, Boromir is a character worth admiring. If we could all only have half the strength and courage that he had. Sadly, he lacked the inner strength, but in the end, he greatly made ammends for it.

Good topic Katherine712!
Old 04-29-2003, 10:57 AM   #13
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I'm not sure why I took to Boromir. Maybe because he's so ordinary. You know, like Aragorn is all king-like and perfect and has the super destiny, and Legolas is Mr. Perfect-Elf. Boromir is really ordinary, and still has loads of great qualities.
Plus he loves his home and has a great sense of loyalty, even if it is a bit over-enthusiastic occasionally.

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Meela ]
Old 04-29-2003, 01:03 PM   #14
Katherine712
Pile O'Bones

Katherine712 has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nope, this is not a place for screaming fangirls! (Those girls give me a headache!)
I thought that this would be a cool place for discussion/questions that aren't quite as technical or always as serious as those in the books forum. (It's a pretty-much-anything Boromir topic!)
Sadly, my poor, misguided [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] friends don't really understand about Boromir, though I do enlighten them [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I like Boromir because, while he is rarely in the spotlight, he is just as noble as any other character. Sam is often noticed for his devotion to Frodo, but I like how devoted/loyal/proud Boromir is to his city. He is also very human (which I appreciate in characters)

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Katherine712 ]
Katherine712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 03:04 PM   #15
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Plus he loves his home and has a great sense of loyalty, even if it is a bit over-enthusiastic occasionally.
That sums it up right there: Boromir's loyalty to his home. Imagine getting that kind of loyalty in a husband. He'd be prepared to sacrifice anything just to keep his home and family safe, including his own life. Dunno about the rest of ya's, but that's something I'd like in a husband. Not that I'm saying I'm gonna run off and marry Boromir or anything, but still....

Not to mention that he was pretty dang han'some in the movie. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

(Not that I could marry Boromir because, y'know, he doesn't exist, but... oh, phah, you know what I mean.)

[ April 29, 2003: Message edited by: Rynoah, the Overly-Happy ]
Rynoah, the Overly-Happy is offline   Reply With Quote