Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 AM   #281
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I promise never to promise anything anymore. My apologies for not posting, I will manage something tomorrow at the latest.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #282
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Gorin will reply to Thinlomien's character sometime tomorrow. So I'll post next.
Old 02-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #283
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
It looks like I won't be able to post today, I have the SAT coming up tommorrow and parents told me to relax and get out of the house. I'm just leaving right now.

I promise I'll post as soon as possible!
Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #284
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Good luck on the SATs, Groin, and I hope you were able to take your parents' advice.

Would anyone mind if I tucked in a little post and let Sam answer Lea?

Edit: Ooo, I'm a Wight now! Oooo!!

Last edited by Dunwen; 03-01-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:35 PM   #285
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Congratulations on becoming a Wight Dunwen!

I'm finished with the SAT so I should have a bunch more time on my hands. I'll put in a post tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunwen
Would anyone mind if I tucked in a little post and let Sam answer Lea?
Ok by me, go for it.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:35 PM   #286
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Okay, my post is up. Thanks for letting me step in Groin. As always, I'm happy to edit if necessary.
Old 03-02-2008, 01:58 PM   #287
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This is starting to be funny. I'll post tomorrow, Lea just can't let Gorin's remark pass by, I guess.

How are we going to continue from here? When will Parkun (and Toby) meet us?
Old 03-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #288
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
This is starting to be funny. I'll post tomorrow, Lea just can't let Gorin's remark pass by, I guess.
It got you active that's the important thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
How are we going to continue from here? When will Parkun (and Toby) meet us?
I think that we should post as little as possible at where we are right now and get going to that guys house (I forget who he was ).

But that's just my two cents. Sorry if I'm sounding a little too pushy here.
Old 03-03-2008, 04:52 AM   #289
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok, then what about if I posted about Lea's response and got as leaving the place we're currently in for Edin's (?) place?
Old 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #290
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Finduilas is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sounds good.

You know, the nice thing about having a quiet character, is that he isn't to terribly missed when he doesn't post.... I will try to post soon, but Lommy go head and get us moving if that works for everyone.

Has ForestElf still not be around?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:02 AM   #291
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin
Has ForestElf still not be around?
I think so.... I don't want to be nasty, but if she doesn't appear, what if we killed his character? It would make the mood much more sinister....
Old 03-03-2008, 10:54 AM   #292
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Home. Where rolling green hills and clear rivers are practically my backyard.
Quote:
I think so.... I don't want to be nasty, but if she doesn't appear, what if we killed his character? It would make the mood much more sinister....
That's what I was thinking, and I don't think it's too nasty.... After all I don't think she seems to have much time for this, so she would probably not mind if we got rid of her character. It would be nice though if we could contact her.

Did you notice that you said "if she doesn't... killed his character"?
Old 03-03-2008, 11:05 AM   #293
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finduilas View Post
That's what I was thinking, and I don't think it's too nasty.... After all I don't think she seems to have much time for this, so she would probably not mind if we got rid of her character. It would be nice though if we could contact her.

Did you notice that you said "if she doesn't... killed his character"?
No I did not but actually Aganzir PMed me and complained of it so I was aware... but too busy to correct it. Anyway, I think it's quite funny, must be because her character is a male and I'm not 100% sure she's a she, you know...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #294
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White-Hand

Forest Elf has not posted to the RPG thread since June of 2007 - HERE .

She is now out of the game as a player. Please use her character as necessary to further the storyline, including killing the character if you wish.

I have PM'd her about this.

~*~ piosenniel, game moderator

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is her character's bio - please try to stay true to her depiction of him.

NAME: Grimbeorn Tinuviel

RACE: Man

WEAPONS: Sword and he has a good shot with a bow and arrow, but prefers to use the sword.

APPEARANCE: Standing at 5'10 he would appear as a bit tall. His face bears a scar from just above his left brow that goes down his face, slanted, until it stops in the middle of his right cheek—a result of barely escaping death. His hair reaches down to his shoulders, and is a dark brown, almost black colored because it is so dark. His eyes are a light green, that once gave his face a cheery look, but ever since he had gotten the scar, they make him appear alert and dangerous. His clothes are that of a simple woodman's. He has a bit wild look about him, mainly from his scar upon his face. He also has scars on his chest and arms.

PERSONALITY/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES: Stubborn and hard headed, this is not someone you would want to argue with, or have get angry at you. Not that many people would, mind you. His greatest wish when he was young was to be a ranger and he grew and became one. His temper is quick to come, yet it is also quick to fade away. He has a kind heart, yet isn't a softy either. He knows when to hold his tongue (even if he doesn't always do that), and he knows when it is fine to speak. He often pushes himself striving to protect those around him, or to set new challenges for himself. He can be foolish at times when he holds a grudge against another, or when betrayed. His memory is sharp, though, he strives to remember his childhood memories...many, or which he never will. It is hard to earn the trust of this ranger, because many of the memories he has are sad. He sometimes sees faces that are familiar to him, yet he cannot recall who they were, or what part they played in his memories. His decisions are usually quick and not thought through, which has gotten him into trouble countless times.

HISTORY: He does not remember much of his childhood, why, he does not know. What he does remember though, are the few memories of his parents is his mother, who died of an illness. His father left a few months later and was found dead in the wilderness. After that, he closed his heart to many. Once he was of age, he wandered from place to place, remembering his childhood dream, until he achieved it. He faced a small group of orcs, there were only four or five of them, and he attacked them after following them for a time. He managed to kill them, but nearly died from doing so. He would have died if it weren't for an old friend who recognized him and brought him to his home until he was of health again. After hearing of the killings, he traveled to Bree to find out what he can of the killings, and see if he can put a stop to them.

Last edited by piosenniel; 03-03-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #295
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ah, sorry everyone...I am so easily distracted by WW...when I wasn't constantly refreshing or posting on that thread I was doing school work...well, or sleeping...

I will get a post up ASAP to let everyone know where Parkun and Toby are. Toby will then be joining you at Edin's farm...

There have been a couple people who have posted on the "Newcomers" thread wishing to join an RPG. Does anyone think it possible to have them pick up abandoned characters? Of course, they would have to agree to that.
Old 03-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #296
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
If you want newcomers to join your game I would prefer they come in with their own characters, rather than pick up other characters.

But if you really wish them to take up the old character - then go ahead and contact them and see if they are willing to do so.

What other players/characters need to be dealt with in this game, by the way?

~*~ Pio, game moderator
Old 03-03-2008, 04:01 PM   #297
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Yes, really I'd prefer that as well. Especially as new players (at least new to the 'Downs), they should have their own characters and not be trying to adhere to someone else's ideas.

Introducing new characters would be pretty insane, but I don't see why that couldn't happen. Actually, I just got an idea for that... I will post very soon, and after the group finds out about what happens in my post, they may very well wish to regroup - and pick up more people to help. So, insert new characters! I will PM you, Pio, in just a moment with details of my plan.

Players and characters that have disappeared:

(These have been (at least sorta) written out)
Farael - Madoc Hurnt
Newsman - Robby Twofoot
Crystal Heart - Eric Wadell

So all that's really remaining is Forest Elf's Grimbeorn. Writing one more character out shouldn't be too difficult, unless one of the current players would like to adopt him as a secondary character? (And Pio approves of this.)
Old 03-11-2008, 10:39 AM   #298
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Uh oh, it looks like Dimturiel will have to post again.
Old 03-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #299
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Dimturiel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Dimturiel Send a message via Yahoo to Dimturiel
Ok, I've posted again. This should teach me to save my posts somewhere in the future.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #300
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimturiel View Post
Ok, I've posted again. This should teach me to save my posts somewhere in the future.
Well, I don't actually mind it, for even though I liked your first post, I like this new one even better.

Who will post next?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:54 AM   #301
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I ought to. I wont be able to do it till either early this afternoon, or this evening. I probably wont be able to do it this afternoon, so don't expect it till later. (As now is 9 in the morning, think accordingly.) It wont hurt me though if someone else gets an inspiration and posts before I do.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #302
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Actually I just read Dimtury's post () and I don't think that my post would do anything... and as you see, I didn't post anything. Tomorrow I might just for kicks post a catch up post, but I don't think my character can advance the story at all from here.
Old 03-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #303
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I've gotten all the heroes inside of Cengal's house. I'll be happy to edit anything that needs to be.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:05 PM   #304
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just noticed that this will be a perfect time for Durelin to get in his post and meet up with us and Cengal’s house. Possibly, this may also be a good time for us to notice Grimbeorn's disappearance.

P.S. Sorry for double posting.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #305
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I just noticed that this will be a perfect time for Durelin to get in his post and meet up with us and Cengal’s house. Possibly, this may also be a good time for us to notice Grimbeorn's disappearance.

P.S. Sorry for double posting.
Good point. And don't worry about double posting - at least if you ask me there's nothing wrong with it.

So, Durelin, are you there?
Old 03-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #306
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Sorry once again, guys. Work rushed me leading up to spring break, and then I had a busy break as well, but now I'm unfortunately back at school, but fortunately not very busy...yet, heh. I'll do my best to post very soon (tonight or tomorrow hopefully), and really get things moving!
Old 04-06-2008, 06:15 PM   #307
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

*runs in waving his arms* Wow, it's been a long time before we posted here. Dimturiel, should you post next for Cengal or should I just go ahead and post. *runs away, this time screaming*
Old 04-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #308
Finduilas
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm working on coming down with chicken pox, fever and headache have started but I'm not expecting any pox till this afternoon, so I don't think I will be feeling well enough to post any time soon. I am really sorry, seeing as I owe a post, but at this time I can't help it. Hopefully I'll be well in a week.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:22 AM   #309
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Well, I'll try to write something tomorrow evening, but if anyone else comes up with something until then, he or she is welcome to go ahead. Oh, and get well soon, Finduilas
Old 04-10-2008, 08:46 AM   #310
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'll get a post in sometime today. Gorin will notice that Grimbeorn is gone, or should I wait until Cengal is done speaking?
Old 04-10-2008, 09:02 AM   #311
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
I'll get a post in sometime today. Gorin will notice that Grimbeorn is gone, or should I wait until Cengal is done speaking?
Just move on, I think, we need action...
Old 04-10-2008, 01:36 PM   #312
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Just move on, I think, we need action...
Well, my post has lots of action in it, but unfortunately Gorin was the one to have it all. If we hurry we can catch the big brute and everyone can have his, or her, own share of the fun!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:46 PM   #313
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Hey everyone, I thought of PMing all of ya'll, but this would be easier.

I just wanted to say that there seems to be a dwindeling interest in this RPG. We have the choice to end this really fast at the point that we're at right now, or we can continue it.

Maybe I'm just over reacting. Sorry for sounding pushy.
Old 04-17-2008, 01:05 PM   #314
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thank you Groin for posting.

For my part, it's mostly that I'm busy and I have too many things to do and everything seems to be on the priority list before this RPG. For example, I try to write first to the more active RPGs. Also, I have in general problems with writing to RPGs because I always imagine it takes a lot of time to write a post, even though it doesn't.

One more thing that has been troubling me is absences, most notably that of Durelin, the game owner. Where is she, why is she not posting what she promised to post? I'm kind of waiting for her to appear.

Furthermore, where is everybody else? I think everyone who still follows this thread should post a confirmation that they're here, and we should talk about the future of this RPG, like Groin suggested.

Meanwhile, I will post soemthing on the RPG thread. Sadly I can't do it now (it's late and I have homework to do), but I promise to come up with something before this week is over. Anyone who feels like it should post before me, of course.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:51 PM   #315
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Hey everyone, I thought of PMing all of ya'll, but this would be easier.

I just wanted to say that there seems to be a dwindeling interest in this RPG. We have the choice to end this really fast at the point that we're at right now, or we can continue it.

Maybe I'm just over reacting. Sorry for sounding pushy.
I've been extremely discouraged and disappointed with the way this turned out. I'm new to the whole RPG thing here so I'm not sure what I want to do but I feel I've lost a lot of interest in this now.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:45 AM   #316
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Then I say that we should beging to end this. We're not far from the end: the warg is near and the defenders are all outside at the moment. So, I say that it shouldn't take more than a couple posts from each players to kill it (if that's what we want to do).
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #317
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Eye

Quote:
Then I say that we should beging to end this. We're not far from the end: the warg is near and the defenders are all outside at the moment. So, I say that it shouldn't take more than a couple posts from each players to kill it (if that's what we want to do).
I don't support this idea. I dislike ending things that way. I think we should find (a) new game owner(s) from our midst (as Dury and Firefoot seem quite absent) and making this RPG roll on would be their responsibility. They should devise a short plotline, possibly negotiate it with the ordinary players and everybody should post frequently for some time and we would get this finished properly. For example, we could track the warg and vanquish him in some way and the return to our homes as heros. Doesn't sound too complicated, does it? But all this can only be done if there still are people who wish to finish, or even better, actually write this RPG, not just see it buried properly. I'm such person, but are there there others?
Old 04-19-2008, 07:15 AM   #318
Dimturiel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I think you're right, Thinlomien. I wouldn't like an abrupt, let's-get-this-over-with-as-soon-as-possible type of end to this game. I would find it a bit disappointing after all this time we've struggled with it. I think we could try to find a way to move things towards the type of end that you were suggesting and turn it into an interseting and good story as well-something that an abrupt ending would not do, and maybe that is why I'm oposed to it. So, I'm here, and still ready to see it through if the others are as well.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #319
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Well so far we've only found one warg. We could find out that there are a few more and begin to track them down either collectively or by smaller parties. I'm willing to finish this if we get a decent commitment from enough people.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:24 PM   #320
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Well so far we've only found one warg. We could find out that there are a few more and begin to track them down either collectively or by smaller parties. I'm willing to finish this if we get a decent commitment from enough people.
Well, there's you, me, Groin and Dimturiel this far. I'm quite sure Finduilas and Dunwen too will be aboard as soon as they come back to this thread.

I'm not an autocrat by any means , but I think an active game owner would do good to this game. I think it would help if there was someone whose responsibility was to see this RPG being finished.
Pio, would it possible to name a new game owner to "co-own" the game with Firefoot and Durelin, who have disappeared?