The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-13-2009, 06:37 PM   #11
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
*rises from the grave to light fireworks and open some bottles of champagne*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I don't think I saved the earlier Nights. I'll have a look.
Don't worry, I've saved everything up to the Night before my lynching and will post them in a quiet moment when we're all done celebrating or lamenting, respectively.

Hey Nerwen, congratulations on your victory! Morsul's vote was sheer luck, of course (and I wonder what he'll say when he's done kicking himself), but you deserved it nevertheless - not the least for your patience in putting up with three first-time cubs. I really don't want to know how often during this game you wondered what the Angband we thought we were doing...

Which reminds me -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
By the way, do you realise he started the "Mr Agreeable" thing? He said something on Day One about how "wolves often try to seem agreeable"...
I'm sure some people must have noticed it - that's why it was so much fun to point out and rub it in how perfectly the description fit my own behaviour (which of course I wasn't aware of when I said this, stupid me, but I naturally tend to be like this - reluctant to judge anybody rashly, always trying to see the other side, etc., unless I make a conscious effort or see something that really screams wolf to me; which made it quite difficult for me to be vicious with malice aforethought and make a convincing case against a known innocent - and made it much easier to go wolf-on-wolf when the occasion presented itself).

Bes, sorry again for turning against you about Lottie's reveal. You played the newbie card very well, and no small feat to survive so long. Being taken down by the Hunter on the Day before the last is quite an honourable death for a Werewolf, I think. May we meet again!

(À propos, Lottie - I didn't really mean to urge you to dream Bes, I just thought you were very likely to dream him anyway, so it couldn't hurt. Little did I know I was digging my own grave there... As it turned out, I must plead guilty to having gravely underestimated you - a mistake I hopefully won't make again so soon. Great job there!)

Mnemo - thanks for your sacrifice, which I obviously profited from (honestly, I was quite surprised how the suspicion against me suddenly abated after our wolf-on-wolf act), but I'm really curious: were you actually planning to get lynched on Day 2/Day 1b, or what was that all about?

I'll get round to giving the innocents their due tomorrow, but now for some sleep.