The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2008, 10:24 AM   #401
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Six Downers on a cannon
Wait, that's not part of the canon! (Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha.)

The pictures remind me of camping in the U.P., but you all look much colder.

Seriously - why do those Across the Pond have all the fun?

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 11:45 AM   #402
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
OK! Now I'm jealous! I should move to Finland.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM   #403
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Thumbs up And now something from a visitor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Anyway, it's less than 24 hours since they left, and I miss them already (and you too, Brinn).
Tell me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Thankfully Agan already made a summary of what we did so I'm spared of that bother.
Indeed Not that there won't be a lot to say about that, but I think you people got a general picture from it. Anyway, from my point of view, I can tell you that not only that Finland is the promised land of Downers, given the numbers in which they dwell there, but also these Downers are very nice people to meet and one week is not enough to spend with them. All of them.

Quote:
Rune, as Agan already mentioned, has a fantastic sense of humour. He had a habit of making fun of everyone (though never in a mean way), but he is actually very affectionate and caring.
Exactly. I could mention here that Rune actually surprised me with his openness and friendly manner, to be honest, before I met him, I was maybe a little afraid imagining him as possibly a kind of grumpy person. This was absolutely unnecessary and unreasoned idea and I am not even sure where I got this stupid assumption. So, now that I have completely ruined Rune's chances to create air of scariness around his person, I can only salute him, as he provided our week with some of his personality's "spice" which made it even more enjoyable.

Now about the others whom I met during the week (and the number of Downers I met had just increased sevenfold!). Greenie, whom I didn't actually know well from the Downs, turned to be a very nice and amusing girl, her and Volo both being far more talkative than I expected them to be; and Volo is a really friendly fellow with very original thinking. Aganzir is a true personality, as one would expect, and also very intelligent, helpful and cheerful (although sometimes maybe too much ). If anyone wondered whether Lommy is as nice and kind and clever and funny as she seems around here, I can tell you well that she is. Also Nogrod is truly as intelligent and funny person as he seems from here; he also was the one who from the largest part provided us with such unnecessary support things like food, transport and accomodation (of course besides of Volo's house) while us crazy people were fighting or doing other silly things (although many of the silliest [sic!] ideas, like the recordings, came from his mind).
I am mentioning the people's good sides, of course, don't think there won't be any bad sides of them which I wouldn't have spotted. I had whole week for that. This is also why I am writing about their good sides... you know, it's easier to point out the things which are not too many...

Quote:
I met Spawn only briefly (which was indeed a pity), but she seems like a very lovely person and I'd like to meet her again some day.
True; we didn't really have much time to know each other better - my chances of meeting her again are somewhat lesser than the other Finnish Downers', but anyway, meeting her as a fellow Downer is something that definitely counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Apparently whenever Downers are placed into the Finnish woods, they turn primitive...
Yes, I think it's been scientifically proved that such things happen. In 89% of cases a Downer in a Finnish forest loses 50-60% of his sanity in two to three days. It remains yet to be verified whether this affects also normal people, turning them into Downers. The large numbers of Downers in Finland (in comparison to its population) support this theory.

I guess this was a long rant, but you know, it was a week...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #404
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I guess I'm supposed to say something as well...?

Well, it was a lovely week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Anyway, it's less than 24 hours since they left, and I miss them already (and you too, Brinn).
Tell me about it.
Wholeheartedly seconded.
Or wait... this might be thirding or fourthing... whatever.

Anyway, as everybody probably wants to know my opinion of our guests, I could say something. They're both lovely people - very funny, kind and intelligent. Wait, that was no news? Then I have to think of something else... Rune has a brilliant Viking smile and his way of making fun of others is great. He also sometimes hides behind plants and sings funny songs. (Including a very cute Danish lullaby he sang to us one night. Legate also sang us a lullaby and it was very sweet as well.) Speaking of him, he's astonishingly good in Finnish ( just as long as he doesn't mix it with Japanese, though...), has an incredible laugh, keeps repeating funny phrases in funny tones (you can hear his very famous "oh my" on one of the recordings ) and one could really envy his ability to be enthusiastic about everything and everyone. (Also, you should have seen his expression when Agan and I started listing Czech swear words we had accidentally learned... it was priceless. *smug smile*)

Also, it seems that I need Rune in order to manage to meet spawn. Sadly our meeting was very brief this time, but she was just as sweet as I remembered. This time I'm going to keep my promise and actually meet her again soon-ish...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:51 PM   #405
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Haha.

I was just listening to some of the "secret" recordings from our roleplay while searching through my school-papers...

I must agree to things said by others on Rune and Legate. They are both charming guys and very much open to our "northern madness" as well. At some occasions Rune even beated us on it - and yes, Legate's laughter just sticks; I mean I can still hear it ringing in my ears...

It's funny to think of it now in this way, but even if they were quite different personalities there was something strikingly similar as well... maybe it's the "Downerism" of them (a different syndrome from what someone outside the forum might think of), or the weird sense of humour so much appreciated up here? Maybe the ability, quoting Kath here:
Quote:
if you ever did plan to go to Finland and meet these nutters you'd have to lose your inhibitions pretty fast?!
to do exactly that...

From outside Finland I have now met three 'Downers (Brinn, Legate and Rune) and they have all being great personalities and nice people whom it has been a pleasure to get to know in person.

Thanks guys for your visit! It was a perfect way to end one's holidays!

Btw. I also met Spawn the first time so I totally agree with Lommy that it seems we need Rune to trigger us into seeing her. So Rune, you should visit us more often then... or then we should just be able to do it ourselves - and after meeting her I know we really should. She felt like a really nice person indeed even if the meeting was shortish. And she dances salsa admirably...

Last edited by Nogrod; 08-12-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:46 PM   #406
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
*thinks good things about everyone* I'll just say that everything/one was a very pleasant surprise. Deep and honest thanks to our three hosts, for the idea, for the courage, for the success and a job well done. Lily and Noggie, especially much respect and thanks to you for all the food. Rune and Leggie, I bow for the mead.

That's it, but if somebody wants to hear positive things about any of us, ask me yourself. Negative things about us are restricted to me.

Surprisingly the meeting resembled the Downs very little, but I still got an overdose of the Downs for the moment, I'll take a few more days of rest now and rather go to school.

But first....

this and this, after which I was thrown out of my own house.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:54 PM   #407
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo View Post

But first....

Oh dear! That was a really weird movie...
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #408
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I too feel very distant and alone out here on the edge of all things, though I have to wonder if that might not be preferable to the insanity that seems to be overtaking the Finnish forests.

Nah, I'd rather be insane...

I might be, too, since looking at those pictures my first thought was "looks a lot like a family reunion".

Not that you all look alike, but there's definitely a visibly tangible community feeling there that borders on familial.

Maybe one of these years I'll make it out to the "family reunion".
Old 08-12-2008, 05:28 PM   #409
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
I too feel very distant and alone out here on the edge of all things, though I have to wonder if that might not be preferable to the insanity that seems to be overtaking the Finnish forests.
Yeah, living in Alaska... there is not many BDers here, 'cept me and Lauri...
Old 08-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #410
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
White Tree My Turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Oh dear! That was a really weird movie...
It was from before I arrived, I would ofcourse not have tolerated that level of sillyness!

Anyways it was a very good downer meeting, I had of course already met Lommy and Spawn two years ago. . . but back then we only met for an afternoon.

Everybody was very nice, all with their own kind of madness. It is hard for me to say how Greenie was compared to here, as I have had no interaction with her on the downs. Volo was kind of how I expected him to be, but he needs to put his foot down once in a while, otherwise those girls will surely walk all over him or at least drive him even madder.

Legate was somehow more quiet than I imagined, not that he was actually quiet. . . anyways I was really happy to see him picking up our crazy stories and continuing them, at times he even started them.
I think it was him who started the story about the Czech window cleaners, who could not live if they got seperated from their windows.

Both Aganzir and Nogrod was quite like their online selves, at least they where the kind of people I thought them to be. Of course it helps that I seldom go into details when I imagine how people are. Basicly Aganzir is a former KGB agent and and Nogrod is the human answer to Tom Bombadil.(this is good)

It is too bad Annina is not a downer as she is really a funny girl, but she will probably stick to stalking the werewolf games. (Alas)

I think this will do. . . I was not disapointed about any of the persons I met, infact this trip was greater than I could have hoped for.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 07:35 AM   #411
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
It is too bad Annina is not a downer as she is really a funny girl, but she will probably stick to stalking the werewolf games. (Alas)
Yes, actually, I could second this and... maybe I should add... Annina! I know you are stalking this, so now stop that, just go and register! Now!
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 08-13-2008, 10:21 AM   #412
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Whoa.

*speechless with envy*

I should have allowed Rune to carry me away with him to Denmark if I had known this would be happening...

Tiny edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindale View Post
I think there's a bio major in my school who's a very rabid fan of BD. *off to cyberstalk*
*waves*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-13-2008 at 10:31 AM.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 10:50 AM   #413
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
I should have allowed Rune to carry me away with him to Denmark if I had known this would be happening...
Be careful with what you wish for. I've heard that he has the habit of sending girls to Volo after using them, and he will put them in the freezer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I am mentioning the people's good sides, of course, don't think there won't be any bad sides of them which I wouldn't have spotted.
Why do I have the feeling that that was directed to me?

Thanks for posting the pics, Greenie & Volo. Actually, the situation in the pic of Lommy and me arguing can be seen also in the video clip Volo posted.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #414
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Be careful with what you wish for. I've heard that he has the habit of sending girls to Volo after using them, and he will put them in the freezer.
But Rune would never do that to me.

Uhhh...right, Rune?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #415
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Why do I have the feeling that that was directed to me?
No idea! Do you have any reason why you think it should be directed to you?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:27 AM   #416
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Uh-oh, it's starting to look like a battle of the ex-es...

* collective groan*

Last edited by Lhunardawen; 08-13-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:53 AM   #417
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
No idea! Do you have any reason why you think it should be directed to you?
Usually those things are directed to me.

And so that this post wouldn't be completely off-topic, here's yet another meeting picture, this time with eight downers in total.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #418
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Nice picture Aganzir!

Now let's challenge other 'Downers to gather more into one pic...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:46 PM   #419
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Excellent picture, Aganzir, it looks like y'all were having a great time! Though I can't decide if Nogrod or Volo looks like Andy Serkis.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #420
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Nice picture Aganzir!

Now let's challenge other 'Downers to gather more into one pic...
On the assumption you mean actually shooting a single picture of several people, that could be difficult. Otherwise, tell Hookbill to fire up Photoshop!

Maybe the following should go under "You Know You're Addicted to the Barrow-downs when..." but looking at the picture I have comments to hand out to just about everyone...

Rune looks older to me. And more like a viking than usual.

Lommy looks younger every picture I see of her. Which is weird, since she's supposedly getting older. You're not related to Merlin by any chance, are you, Lommy?

Every picture I see of A Little Green, my first thought is: "that can't be Lommy's sister. They look nothing alike!" Then I look again, and change my mind.

Aganzir, in this picture, looks shockingly like a girl I graduated with. Which is especially shocking given that my grad class only included two girls...

Legate did not previously make me think "Elf!", but he does now. And since he's wearing glasses, the "Near-sighted Elves Society" or whatever their name was, has been conjured from some very, very foggy memories I'd forgotten I had.

Nogrod is entirely too short and does not look enough like his old avatar. I think this may also be the first picture I remember seeing him in (the Photo page loads slowly for no obvious reason on my computer, so I visit it rarely... and thus am not really sure if he's on it...)

No comments for the front row... not sure why... it's not that you look strange or anything...

And if the above critiquing of Downer pictures as though they were fine cheeses or some such discernible species of varying vintage is not enough to convince you that I spend too much time on this site and its inhabitants, consider that I had to remind myself NOT to use "real life" names, backspace, and type in the usernames.

It's almost like being bilingual.

Okay, I'm done now.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:13 PM   #421
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Finland: the Heart of Downerdom on Earth.

Someday...someday I'll visit there, too...
Old 08-14-2008, 02:12 AM   #422
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks to all of you for sharing your experiences and the photos with us! Eight Downers at once is indeed a record, and I foresee that my record of meeting the most Downers personally (usually singly, doubly or triply at best) is in grave danger of getting broken. The only solution - I need to come to Finland too!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:57 AM   #423
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
But Rune would never do that to me.

Uhhh...right, Rune?
Of course I would not do that to you. . . almost everybody else, but not you.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM   #424
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
And since he's wearing glasses, the "Near-sighted Elves Society" or whatever their name was, has been conjured from some very, very foggy memories I'd forgotten I had.
Did someone mention the Nearsighted Elves Society?

Too bad it's practically dead now - I think. Unless Maeg and the rest are still quietly lurking somewhere...

Wow, it's so nice to see dancing spawn in that photo.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:22 AM   #425
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwathagor View Post
Someday...someday I'll visit there, too...
Yes, someday when I have money to blow I'll go over their. Maybe I can get my Volvo then.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:28 AM   #426
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
My hands are itching - I think I have been possessed by the spirit of a late great aunt who cut the hair of the man sitting in front of her on a bus with her nail scissors as she thought it was too long (he was asleep and didn't notice... )

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #427
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay, so still flooding the thread with pictures, but these are probably the last ones from me.

Here's how our car looked like, without Nogrod. Lommy is sitting behind Greenie.

I was told to post the following picture. These guys played the elves in our RPG. They did much work to get into their characters.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 AM   #428
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Goodness that car looks small. Let's see how many more Downers you could fit in the car before they all fall out!

Rune is beginning to look like he's had one to many.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #429
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lhuna, Gwath, Groin, Esty and others too - you are of course more than welcome visit us any time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Rune looks older to me. And more like a viking than usual.
He looks weirdly very old in some of the pictures. He was tired, though...

Quote:
Lommy looks younger every picture I see of her. Which is weird, since she's supposedly getting older. You're not related to Merlin by any chance, are you, Lommy?
I don't confess anything.

Quote:
Every picture I see of A Little Green, my first thought is: "that can't be Lommy's sister. They look nothing alike!" Then I look again, and change my mind.
That is funny, because everybody says either "you look so similar!" or "one would never guess you're sisters!" and no one ever says anything "yeah, you look a little similar".
Quote:
Legate did not previously make me think "Elf!", but he does now.
Having actually met him, I can elaborate on the subject. Sometimes he looks really (rilli?) Elvish, there are certain expressions... especially when he is sceptical or something like that. Most of the time he looks like a normal human being though, or just a little Elvish.

Quote:
Nogrod is entirely too short and does not look enough like his old avatar.
He's really not short - just of average height. (180cm or about 6ft or maybe 5'11".) It's Rune standing beside him that makes him short.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:00 AM   #430
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
It's Rune standing beside him that makes him short.
So, you're saying... Rune has his own gravitational pull? If he comes to Oxonmoot, we'll have to watch out for that!
Old 08-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #431
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Aganzir, in this picture, looks shockingly like a girl
Sorry, couldn't resist.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:26 AM   #432
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So cool. Looks like lotsa fun was had!

My friend and I have been hoping to *study abroad* in Finland. This friend has visited before and loved it, and thinks I would love it, as do I... I guess we'll see what happens...

From reading this thread it looks like we might soon be hearing reports of Finland's tourist industry growing rapidly for reasons unknown...
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #433
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

Quote:
The blasted video won't work. Oh well.

Consider yourselves on the next front page, whatever happens.

I think that it is high time you Finlandians all came to Blighty for a visit. Or we should arrange a meeting of Downers in some random place... How about... Antarctica? The Penguins will be happy.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:16 PM   #434
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba View Post
Or we should arrange a meeting of Downers in some random place... How about... Antarctica? The Penguins will be happy.
I was talking with Lauri yesterday and I think we agreed that somebody should arrange a BD get-together. And we should film a movie while we do it...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM   #435
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
I still can't figure out what you guys are doing in that video. Could someone explain what y'all were doing with Thinlomien hitting that ducted tape pole with her head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill
How about... Antarctica? The Penguins will be happy.
I'm sure Thinlomien is thrilled by this idea, but I'm afraid that my warm Dixie blood would freeze before we got there. How about we meet halfway, I hear Bermuda is nice this time of year!
Old 08-15-2008, 01:47 PM   #436
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
I still can't figure out what you guys are doing in that video. Could someone explain what y'all were doing with Thinlomien hitting that ducted tape pole with her head.

I'm sure Thinlomien is thrilled by this idea, but I'm afraid that my warm Dixie blood would freeze before we got there. How about we meet halfway, I hear Bermuda is nice this time of year!
How 'bout we meet in Alaska, I hear that it is very nice this time of year. Last time I heard, it was raining though...

But answering the first question, Lommy was simply protecting herself from the evil pole monster that comes out of the hands of random people at random times at random. Wow, I think that I used the word 'random' a bit too much in that sentence...
Old 08-15-2008, 01:50 PM   #437
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Bermuda?

Are you sure that is a good idea?

They might all disappear.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #438
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
But answering the first question, Lommy was simply protecting herself from the evil pole monster that comes out of the hands of random people at random times at random. Wow, I think that I used the word 'random' a bit too much in that sentence...
Thanks, Lady Great! Because I thought I heard something about Thinlomien saying that her nose was soft and that kind of through me for a loop. The sound on my computer was really bad, so I couldn't completely hear what they were all saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Are you sure that is a good idea?

They might all disappear.
Dangit! OK, option number two: we all chip in and go on a cruise together around the Atlantic (actually that's not a bad a idea)!
Old 08-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #439
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin Redbeard View Post
OK, thank you! Because I thought I heard something about Thinlomien saying that her nose was soft and that kind of through me for a loop.

Dangit! OK, option number two: we all chip in and go on a cruise together around the Atlantic (actually that's not a bad a idea)!
YOU STOLE MY IDEA! I already thought of going on a cruise, we could probably go to Finland while on it too... maybe if the BD cruise was during Oxonmoot time, we could go to England too... always wanted to go there...
Old 08-15-2008, 02:14 PM   #440
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Count me in for the B-Downs Cruise.