The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #761
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I shall leave it up to you to guess which two Barrowdowners locked lips as the New Year commenced. (I bet you'll be wrong in your guess).
Rikae and Mac.

HA.

Old 01-10-2010, 10:28 PM   #762
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Since I've visited my normal set of sites, and now just find myself trolling, I guess it's a good time to finish like I told Enca I was going to two days ago.

As Diamond said, I went with Form in the morning to greet her. I'm surprised I was able to do it, as I think that was night 1 of 2 that I wound up somehow sleeping at the kitchen table. Luckily we had left early, because we found out that Diamond was flying in on Northwest and they changed terminals, we went to 4 different terminals until finally finding the right one (Logan seriously lacks information desk and the people at them are not very helpful!...go outside and head straight it's like a minute walk...Thanks for sending us into a parking lot that we could not walk straight thru!) Anyway, I told Form that I hope he knew what Di looked like, because all I knew is vaguely remembering glasses. It was quite perfect timing, we finally were in the right terminal and then Di approaches recognizing Form. There was brief awkwardness as I hadn't talked to Di outside of WW games, and I knew from her cold she at first didn't register me. I apologized for not being a welcoming, 'bucket of cheer,' as I was seriously lacking sleep and she was ill. But on the ride back, I discover she's from Wisconsin, a place that I have actually been before, and near the Milwaukee area. After that awkwardness ends, and I think when she's a wolf, she just wants to lynch me because unlike Glirdan, Shasta, or Brinn even in real life WW no one wants to lynch me.

The next two I met were Enca and phantom. I had gone out on a grocery store run to get the turkey with Brinn, Kath, Rune, and Diamond. Brinn and Kath went to get Shasta, where Rune, Di and I headed back to the apartment, me pushing a large wheelie cart full of groceries.

With Enca, you can say, we had eachother at "hello" (to put it politely ). I think all I can say, is after getting back with the cart of groceries, pressing the button to be let in, and being asked the password...umm ya, no one heard the password part. They just heard a bunch of rage and expletives from me to get everyone downstairs and help us carry groceries. This took Rune by shock (and probably Di too) as he says I was very composed on the train and hike up-hill back to the apartment. So...my first impression I give to Enca and phantom went something like this.

" *&$# *@##**&^ get %#$& *bleep* groceries #&^@ _____ everyone ******* &^$# *bleep* NOW!" Of course the tirade probably lasted for a good minute, but you get the gist (and everyone says I'm so kind! ).

But back to Enca and phantom, once letting that out, it was immediately made better by Nienna sending down the entire apartment of 'Downers in mass to get the groceries. Plus seeing two new 'Downers. I was very worried, until Enca was practically cracking up and welcomed me with a good hug. The day she left, she still remains the only 'Downer that I properly serenaded too! I worry a bit too much about first impressions, and anyone who can hear that from me as a first impression and still love me, deserves it!

the phantom, I have conversed with a lot more outside the Downs than Enca, and knowing that I was worried about his reaction too, but was reassured with basically "No big deal. So did you see the Texas-Nebraska game?" He was pretty much how I imagined...talked a lot of sports and werewolf at first (and for anyone who thinks he fixes the Arda Cup results...it's legit, he doesn't), but he proved much more useful in convo than simply at those two topics. I regret not getting a bit more time with him, since he was one of the people who stayed at a hotel, but still a good guy with a good sense of humor.

And now, I feel more drained than at the start (so the plan worked and got me to unwind...woo!) but this means the story has to be continued.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-10-2010 at 10:46 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 PM   #763
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
People - a shoddy analysis of Bostonmoot :D

Recounting all the adventures had during Bostonmoot would take far too long and I'd probably still be sitting here in the library until way past closing (not so much an option when you don't know the security guards closing, heh heh) soooo true to Werewolf style, here is a list of people and my thoughts! Whoo! (Did I mention Mira is very sleepy?)

Nienna - Oh my Nienna...How I love her. She's fabulous and housed us crazy people and forced me to buy pancake mix in New York and drag it all the way to Boston...Not like we didn't know all these things before. She became the mother of the trip, making sure everyone had their T pass at all times and didn't kill each other or burn the apartment down (although there wasn't much she could do about that when she was at work...*coughFormcough*). I love her lots. That about sums it up.

Formendacil - The father to Nienna's mother. From making apple pies while Boro and I "helped" to always have a camera around, Form was on top of things. Well, not quite everything. There was the one time he left the gas stove on and almost burned down the apartment. But he didn't, so all is well. He also made fabulous pasta the first night we were there, so that makes up for it as well. The self-appointed picker upper and dropper offer of various Downers, he got everybody where they needed to be when they needed to be there, even when they didn't want to be there themselves. He's always good for a snuggle or inappropriate comment regarding...well, I don't want to scar the rest of you the way I have been. Aside from that, Form is an absolutely fabulous person and will hopefully not be all the way in Canada for too much longer *fingers crossed*

Boromir88 - aka Grandpa. This kid eats ridiculously slowly. Case and point: Form and I were on part 2 of our two part lunch (cheesy scrambled eggs and orange juice in goblets for part one, peanut butter and jelly for part two) while Boro was still plugging away on the eggs. He made up for it by cleaning like a champ and always doing dishes when there were dishes that needed doing (so...all the time). When Boro, Form, and Nienna picked me up at the bus station, the boys glomped just to be mean because Nienna and I were being epic. Then he carried my stuff. Which weighed more than Shasta. Have I mentioned lately that I love this kid? One of the only people to put up with my insane football watching (he abandoned Rune for football with me on more than one occasion) and we threw around Tony Jr. (my super awesome Tony Romo "signed" ball) while waiting for people to come and go on more than one occasion. Grocery shopping with Boro, Form, and Nienna was certainly an experience, one that involved getting pushed around in a shopping cart for the duration of the trip and getting called a boy by some little kid in the queue. I'm sure there are a variety of other fabulous moments that I just can't think of at the moment (being interrupted by my minions doesn't really help either) but in short Boro is amazing. Case and point - turkey.

Rune - aka Danish. Love this kid. I mean, how can I not after punching him in the face 3 hours after I met him? (This is when the 3 hour rule was established, by the way) Just for the record, he was between me and my football and he had fair warning to move. He chose not to. ANYWAY. Our Europeans are fabulous. Listening to Rune and Kath bicker was absolutely amazing. He put up very well with being my punching bag (and actually fought back, which was a pleasant surprise) and all our general obnoxious American tendencies. He was also a champ about going to the liquor store whenever we needed more of something. Oh! And the meat! If you haven't gone grocery shopping with a Dane, I highly suggest you do. After being told to go to the meat section, witnessing him hop, skip, and jump his way over there absolutely made all our days! Absolutely fabulous.

Kath - aka English. My wifey and fellow lover of random bacon making! Kath and I had met with Jenny when we were traipsing around London last May, but that was only for a few hours and we did manage to get ourself slightly less than horribly lost for a while. I was really glad we got to spend more time together this time and traipsed around Boston without getting lost. By the end of the week she had us all saying things like "rubbish" and "queue." The overwhelming favorite, however, had to have been "fizzy drink."
It put an end to the soda vs. pop debate for good. She also showed the majority of us that it was okay to be mean to Danish (although personally had already figured that one out :P) and thereby effectively demolished any sense of superiority he might have had. She also stole my couch one night. She'll pay for that down the line (just kidding dear <3) She needs to not be in England. kthx.

Brinn - Brinn and I had met last year when she came up to the Purple Bubble for a week during her vacation (and Fea got us epically lost getting back to campus after picking her up). She definitely gets the same awesome status for hosting all of us insane Downers in her apartment and sharing her bedroom as Kelly. She was very willing to show us all around Boston and play tour guide, which was greatly appreciated.

Lari - Only for Lari and alona would I be at the airport at 7 in the morning. Not happy about it, but there nonetheless. She's just as fabulous as I remember from living with her for a year. Kath, Fea, Lari, and I had epic story telling time, complete with dramatic reading of evisceration scenes from the fabulous Jack the Ripper book she got me for Christmas (eviscerated girl played by Fea). We then solved the Jack the Ripper and Sweeney Todd murders in one night. Take that, Scotland Yard. Our walk around Boston at night also could be qualified as epic, seeing as how we had absolutely no idea where we had gotten to but still somehow managed to find our way back to the apartment in one piece, without having to call Nienna in a panic (unlike some people *coughGlirdanandBorocough*)

alona - Adore this girl. Still eating lemons straight like a champ as she was when she came to visit last year, alona became the second adopted daughter of Form and Nienna, as well as my little sister. One of the three people younger than me on the trip, she was the victim of many late-night hallway chats and therapy sessions, which she handled flawlessly. Have I mentioned lately that I adore this girl? Because I definitely do.

Fea - Oh my sickly Fea. Depressingly coming 4 days later than originally planned, Fea was stricken ill multiple times during the week, but was still the victim of a hearty glomp from yours truly upon exiting her vehicle. Always good for a snuggle (or midnight smooch ), she was a fabulous evisceration victim during Jack the Ripper story time. As always, she proved amazing at the hair styling game. Lesson learned: always trust Fea when she has a pair of scissors aimed at your head. Hopefully next time she will be in fabulous health, because I think most of us will probably kill her if she's not. <3

Glirdan - Most epic memory: gutting the fridge and freezer on New Year's Day. What a ridiculous cleaning experience that was. Oye. Close second in the epic memory race: getting ranted at 5 minutes after getting off the bus from an 18 hour ride. Third most epic memory: RENT singalong time with Shasta and Lari. Fourth most epic memory: not one, but two frantic phone calls from Glirdan and Boro when they got lost traipsing around Boston one night. /adore

wilwa - It is impossible to not love this girl. She is just absolutely fabulous. After a ridiculously short period of time, I came to think of her as a little sister and miiiight have peer pressured her into doing a little experimenting in the beverage area. She handled it like a champ, as she did when accosted by my aforementioned rant after getting off the bus. Saying goodbye to her and Glirdan was one of the most painful experiences I have faced yet. It's ridiculous how close all of us got after such a short period of time. Oh, and sorry for randomly lynching you that one game when Rune and I were too tired to care, dear. <3

Shasta - My two hour Lover. Never have I known someone to sleep under a mattress when there's a perfectly good one to lie on top of. Of course, this is also the kid who slept on the back of the couch, so draw what conclusions you will. Between epic musical singalong times and making me fabulous mixed drinks, there is no way not to fall in love with this kid.

the phantom - ZOMG he does exist outside the Downs! I know, everyone's shocked. Always good for an in-depth analysis of RL WW and/or a pillow for Fea, phantom was the one other person (other than Boro) capable of carrying on an intelligent conversation about football. Awesome points, right there.

Celuien - Epic dominator of the turkey! Where Boro and Glirdan failed, Celuien prevailed! Without her, the delicious turkey we had would not have existed (and that would have been a shame beyond all others). She was quite quiet when we were all in a group and I'm sad we didn't get to spend more one-on-one time together. She definitely needs to upload pictures from her awesome camera. *hint hint*

Encai - Oh, the bonds forged on the T ride back to the apartment from the bus station! Our relationship started out with a hug, which is always a fabulous sign in my book. Encai has the most amazing boots ever, which everyone was epically jealous of. Another person I wish I had gotten to spend more time with, but is absolutely fabulous nonetheless!

Di - Um, so apparently she was terrified of me the first day because I was yelling about punching people when she first walked in. I feel bad about that. We went on many a trip together, including to see Sherlock Holmes in the bitter cold (fingerless gloves + cold night = bad life choice). She was fantastic help in the kitchen when needed and fabulously entertaining to play RLWW with, especially when Shasta fake revealed as Seer. Yet another person I would have liked to spend more time with.

Rikae, Mac, and the Wereduckling - Get lumped together. Seeing the Wereduckling again was definitely the highlight of that day (Nienna, Fea, Lari, Brinn, and I visited them at home last year when she was just a wee one). She knows how to text! sally can attest to that, as she replied to a number of her texts all on her own. Rikae was fabulous as always, helping us clean the apartment like it was her job on New Year's Day (have we mentioned lately how much we appreciate that). Mac was as well, especially when he make potato pancakes for everyone for dinner (deeeeeeelicious!) It was fabulous to see them all again and I'm super glad they were able to make it to Boston for the festivities!

Oye. This is a ridiculously epic post which successfully ate up about two hours of my time at work (yay!). I'm sure I've left out a ton of things that I'll remember upon going to bed and thus not be able to sleep tonight, but alas. Seeing as how I'm not on my own computer at the moment, I can't so much link the pictures that go along with these fabulous memories. They will get done eventually though. Promise.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #764
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Luckily we had left early, because we found out that Diamond was flying in on Northwest and they changed terminals, we went to 4 different terminals until finally finding the right one (Logan seriously lacks information desk and the people at them are not very helpful!...go outside and head straight it's like a minute walk...Thanks for sending us into a parking lot that we could not walk straight thru!)
It still cracks me up that you went through all this and I saw you almost immediately after getting off the plane. Your timing and placement was imperfectly perfect. Also, I was on Midwest not Northwest... perhaps that's why you were at the wrong terminal?

Quote:
and I think when she's a wolf, she just wants to lynch me because unlike Glirdan, Shasta, or Brinn even in real life WW no one wants to lynch me.
Here now, I think you're forgetting that I was only a wolf once over the course of the shindig, and I voted for you several times as an innocent! I did think you were far too trustworthy and helpful by the computer and too un-suspicious to be true, so yes that part is right.

I find that I actually really do enjoy real life werewolf. It's a lot more flying by the seat of your pants rather than studying posts, and one game takes about an hour rather than a week. A pity we're so seldom all together in one place.

Quote:
This took Rune by shock (and probably Di too) as he says I was very composed on the train and hike up-hill back to the apartment.
Quite true. I had no idea, and for a moment or two thought you were playing at being upset because it was so, um, colorful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Diamond is another total sweetheart. Quiet, a little shy, but funny and outgoing all at the same time. I had a lot of fn with this Downer on our rather long adventure to find a post office (with Rune) in order to send out a post card! The three of us stopped many times on what should have been a fifteen minute walk to take pictures of the scenery.
Awww you make me blush. I loved our postcard-buying/mailing/sight-seeing/lunch outing. Actually that is one of my favorite memories from the week. We were just so excited to be in Boston that we wandered around Brighton acting like it was the most exotic place ever, haha. Also possibly the only time I strolled around outside with my head up, instead of running from T-stop to T-stop complaining about the cold, buried in my hood.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:58 AM   #765
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Now, I can't have Mira show me up with that epic post as I whine about my own exhaustion. Left off with phantom, which I believe next comes Glirdan and wilwa, who I went to get at the bus station then returning back to meet Shasta.

Glirdan, where do I start with this kid? Wilwa told me he was coming before the moot and I was really excited, because as he said we had developed a good friendship, but when he went on hiatus from the site and lost touch. That is until I find out from wilwa, that the Devin coming with her was Glirdan! I mean I seriously can't say enough about him. On the 'Downs he was someone who I could always go to if I needed something done, and handled my frantic "I can't close this down, I hope you can!" messages. He is exactly the same in person, someone who handled the moments I did get frantic, and I was more than happy to repay when Kath had him worried about a missing wilwa. (I won't go into details about being lost, Glirdan was pretty cheery about the whole thing taking lots of pictures. My calls were not THAT bad, I was just concerned about making it back to induge in Mac's delicious potato pancakes). I can say we developed that friendship where I would be perfectly ok if he punched me for the times that I can be a prick. I say this, because I know there was a time when he probably seriously did want to knock me out, but instead just gave me a sleeping pill. I wasn't sure how long it would take to sink in, and the snoring from others who will remain nameless, led me to go into the other room where I was given earplugs. By the time I got to the door, I felt the sleeping pill taking effect forget what happens next, but according to alona I was yet again sleeping at the kitchen table.

And wilwa can just brighten your day instantly. We picked up the Canadians, and I was probably also in not the best of moods (I blame Mira who was dragging down everyones' spirits ), but it was impossible to not smile when Glirdan and wilwa came through the doors smiling exclaiming "WE'RE IN BOSTON!" The B&N trip was quite epic too with her and Form. (Aside: I think this was when I first used the word excursion, and it makes me happy to see the word being used frequently here. Looks like you're not the only one who can get 'Downers to say words that catch on Kath! ). It was good to go to Barnes, and it was an unexpected trip as I saw Form leaving, I wanted to get some air, then wilwa is anxious to come, and we make a pleasant trip to the bookstore and Starbucks. I already knew wilwa's obsessed fondness for butterflies, but learned the story behind it, and it was very sad to see my two Canadians who could instantly make you smile leave.

The first night, I don't recall much interaction with Shasta, beyond *New person is here...ahh this must be the person I legit fear the most, because of my Ranger stunt.* "Oh hi. I'm John, aka Boro." I don't think I have mentioned how great it was to meet this guy. Let's see...he's a great singer and absolutely hilarious, and he always got mad because somehow I was the Ranger 3 straight times, and he was the seer often, but I never defended him even though he was usually night 1 killed. The other thing about Shasta is he sleeps anywhere, at anytime. He made it nigh impossible to leave by tackling (Had to steal this pic Brinn) and then trying to kidnap me at the airport.

The morning bunches of us go to pick up a Lari, an alona, and a Celuien.

Lari is someone who I can talk history with for hours and I love it, because
there aren't many people I know in person who can do that with me. She is a calming person to be around, it's just something where she knows exactly what to say in the perfect situation. When my head inevitably races around, Lari calmed it with encouragement or direction. And times when I needed a good laugh, we could discuss the Defenestration of Prague, and how to properly defenestrate people to make it look like an accident! I wish we could have thought of that role as a D-list superhero, someone carrying around a pane of glass to throw people thru...oh I love the idea.

Alona was a wolf in the WW game I did here, and we got to know eachother a bit afterwards. It's a shame that uni life made us both really busy, before the moot, but she did manage to instruct me on how to install Skype. I had no idea about her strange lemon habits, but I can't say too much as a person who will eat mashed potatoes and gravy with eggs. One of the few pictures I do have on my phone is when we woked up alona to tell her that Lari had gone to get hair dye. She takes out her phone, but while calling her fell back asleep with the phone to her ear. It was hilarious, and I have never seen anyone who can sleep like she can. Lari's trying to call her back, and alona has the phone right up to her ear, but still soundly asleep.

Celuien, I will just add had to the turkey story, had an absolutely stunning dress for New Years.

The last ones I met...Fea, Mac, Rikae, and their wereduckling. The wereduckling is adorable and she will without question be the most deadly WW player in history. When she speaks...erm points...watch out, you will be lynched or eaten.

Mac made a delicious meal for us as well, I can't take full credit for being the cook. He and Rikae also helped in the epic cleaning of the apartment that one day when Glirdan, alona, Mira and I decided it absolutely needed to be done. The WW-game I probably most remember (besides the one that I left because of a nose-bleed only to come back and find phantom had to pick new wolves) was getting into a staring contest with Mac. I had contacts, and in the desperate need for water that my eyes were I had to submit, to which Mac shouts "WOLF!"

Rikae is just as scary in real WW as on-line, because she sounds exactly the same. I swear at times when she talked, it was like reading a post from Rikae, and the sly tone to her voice did not help at all. I will distrust her even more now! Rikae also provided much needed help, in making the cheese sauce, for my pretzel-breaded chicken. It turned out beautifully, and I thank you because with everything else going on, I probably would have neglected the sauce, leading to separation or something else going wrong.

I had actually first met Fea through the screen as Nienna demanded a video chat, telling Form, Mira, and I that she had to go make herself pretty. I made a sign for her too, as I had asked her to wear some red when picking me up, but then she had to go and get sick. So, the sign on the back that red "and looking for the lady in red BOOTS" did not make sense. (Funny story...at the airport I fail at remembering what you can take in your carryon. So as the security guard confiscated my shampoo and toothpaste, came across the sign too. I said I would not allow him to throw that away and he kindly put it back in the bag for me.) Poor Fea was coughing, raspy, and quite often sleeping or at class, but a lovely person and I would have been most upset had that held her back from the trip entirely.

Last edited by Boromir88; 01-11-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 AM   #766
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post

Celuien - Epic dominator of the turkey! Where Boro and Glirdan failed, Celuien prevailed! Without her, the delicious turkey we had would not have existed (and that would have been a shame beyond all others). She was quite quiet when we were all in a group and I'm sad we didn't get to spend more one-on-one time together. She definitely needs to upload pictures from her awesome camera. *hint hint*
They're coming! Tonight!

I felt bad about being so quiet... especially the first day when I was falling asleep every 5 minutes. Sigh. Wish there was more one on one time too!

And... SQUIRREL!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:12 AM   #767
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
Don't!! Honestly, I thought it was rather humorous!! I'm surprised Mira or Alona or Lari didn't tell you about what I had said AFTER my freak out!
No? What did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
And before I forget, I'm really quite glad you didn't murder me. We wouldn't have been able to enjoy all that fizzy drink!! Yes, I will say this for the rest of my life.
Good! Fizzy drink shall reign forever!

And I'm glad the post cheered you up.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #768
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
wilwa - ah wilwa. I don't think that anyone who meets wilwa would ever be able to say a bad word against her. She is an absolute sweetheart and I can see why Glirdan is so protective. I got to spend a little more time with her as she shared Brinn's room too - which was brilliant because she turned out to be an early riser so whoever was on the floor got to steal her bed space when she left - so we had some nice chats. Her reaction to the condo prank by Glirdan (aided by Fea) was brilliant, she got phantom to show his soft side and she allowed us to take photographs of her with alcohol even after demanding that we didn't when she arrived. To be honest I think we corrupted her a little, but then she probably made us better people! I love wilwa, and I'm so glad I wasn't there when she and Glirdan left because it sounds like it was devastating!
Haha, I could say the same thing about you sweety, you're so loving and affectionate I don't think anyone could ever not adore you instantly, and I'm glad we got to spend as much time together as we did. And I'm glad my early rising could provide you with a more comfortable sleepy spot.

Quote:

wilwa - It is impossible to not love this girl. She is just absolutely fabulous. After a ridiculously short period of time, I came to think of her as a little sister and miiiight have peer pressured her into doing a little experimenting in the beverage area. She handled it like a champ, as she did when accosted by my aforementioned rant after getting off the bus. Saying goodbye to her and Glirdan was one of the most painful experiences I have faced yet. It's ridiculous how close all of us got after such a short period of time. Oh, and sorry for randomly lynching you that one game when Rune and I were too tired to care, dear. <3
The metaphor works, little sister wants to be just like cool and tough and awesome big sister...so she resorts to drinking. You cracked me up dear, you are this tough tomboy who is so beatiful and so loving, and our little chat made me feel so loved and our goodbye was heartbreaking, I'm sure those big puppy dog eyes of yours could get you anything you want cause they were rediculously adorable. And you made me a kind sort Fenris so I don't mind. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
And wilwa can just brighten your day instantly
I'm glad I could!!!! I think I was most excited to meet you Boro, and you definitely didn't disappoint me, you were so funny and caring and fed us all very well and didn't mind me tagging along on your excursion with Form, and you're the bestest. <3

Everyone was just so awesome!!! I loved everyone and miss everyone and had the best time!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:05 AM   #769
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Does anyone else get the feeling that those 'Downers who weren't there have abandoned this thread for fear of gagging over all the lovey-ness? Not that I'm suggesting we stop it for a moment! I just note a lack of non-Bostonmooters around here.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:47 PM   #770
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I am indeed getting that vibe...I just never wanted to say anything
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #771
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Don't stop - it's so much fun to read about the good times you all had and to reinforce the idea that Downers are awesome! I'm sure many of us are reading your reports and greatly regretting not being able to have been there themselves.

Of course, we are all hoping that one of you will drop a hint about that midnight kiss - can we expect another Downs couple sometime?
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #772
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Does anyone else get the feeling that those 'Downers who weren't there have abandoned this thread for fear of gagging over all the lovey-ness?
Heh heh... That's precisely why I've been waiting to write my Boston review. I knew that I would be terribly gushy sounding if I wrote it while still in the grip of the emotional high brought about by the storm of delightful first time meetings and then sudden separation and lack of sleep on the long drive home.

I mean really, I've been described already as possessing a "soft side" and being half of a "very sweet pair", and if I were to tack on a rosy I-loved-you-all-and-miss-you-so-much post on top of that I would say that my image here on the Downs would be ruined forever.

I will give my thoughts later this week, after carefully editing them for gushiness, gooeyness, or fluffiness. As a matter of fact for the sake of image I may even fabricate a story or two in which I attempt to kill the Boston Moot attendees. We'll see.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #773
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Group Photos

Nineteen BDers in one photograph...let's see if anyone can beat that!

With so many people, it's hard to get a picture of everyone in one photograph...so here's three:

Old 01-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #774
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

note: the one asleep is our dear Fea, who was such a wonderful person who I did not get to see enough of because she was crazy sick most of the time

And I love that if you work from the bottom picture up my smile looks less and less genuine, I think I was tired of posing...or Kath's knee jabbing into my back may have started hurting by that point
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #775
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
note: the one asleep is our dear Fea
Yes. Everyone more or less posed around me, which confused me a lot. What's happening? Why are there bodies pressed against me?

We're taking pictures, Fea.

What?

Group pictures. Wake up.

Huh?

I'm glad they didn't just leave me out on the porch in the snow or something, however. Everyone somehow managed to include me in the festivities even when I was more or less totally unaware of what was happening.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:53 PM   #776
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
That's an amazing group picture! What a way seeing out the decade...

Rune, you must be way in front in the meeting-other-downers race, how many is it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Good! Fizzy drink shall reign forever!
Cheerio, Kath. Jolly good to hear of your valiant effort teaching these septics the Queen's English. Ta-ta!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:54 PM   #777
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It would resemble some sort of class picture if it weren't for the baby and those two old people on the left...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #778
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

I would dearly like to thank all you Downers for making me partyqueen of the Moot!

Sorry I just had too!! All of us not cool nonmooters feel a little left out....I can't resist a good party and was sad to not have attended, so well....I made myself attend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downers.jpg (55.2 KB, 536 views)
Old 01-11-2010, 03:34 PM   #779
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
As a matter of fact for the sake of image I may even fabricate a story or two in which I attempt to kill the Boston Moot attendees. We'll see.
There's photographic evidence of this fact...
Old 01-11-2010, 03:50 PM   #780
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien View Post
There's photographic evidence of this fact...
In fact, he once or twice even forcibly restrained yours truly just to show that he - big bad phantom that he is - could. With one hand.

He has none of our best interests at heart.

He is cold and cruel, cunning, wicked, and the only reason we are still alive is that we were incapable of raising ourselves to the level of significance wherein it would actually matter to him if we lived or died.

Old 01-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #781
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Agree with Esty, this is all great vicarious fun, especially the loved-up bits (I do try to have firm faith in the clean-living rep of Downers, but I am beginning to suspect that this fabled New Year turkey was actually spiked with MDMA...)

So, any chance of a school-photo style left to right namecount..I do recognise most of you (particularly the livejournalers) but it would be nice to put names to all faces...
Old 01-11-2010, 04:36 PM   #782
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Front row, left to right: Glirdan, sleeping Fea, Mira, Alonariel.

Second row: Diamond, Brinniel, Rune, Wilwa, Phantom, Celuien

Back: Mac with Wereduckling, B88, Rikae, Shasta, Encai, Kath, Nienna, Formy, Lari.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:42 PM   #783
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah, thank you...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #784
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

*predicts phantom to say I'm an overated cook, tends to get cranky after midnight, and I did not pay enough attention to him. The last one he can probably say about everyone.*

As for more 'Downer hook-ups, well it will be interesting to see considering the moot. I can say there was lots and lots of bromance. I think, by far, the person I am in the most pictures with is Rune. And most of these pics we are embraced in a manner similar to this...although I was not involved in any mysterious midnight kiss. At least, I don't remember being in one, come to think of it, I don't recall seeing the ball drop. (There you go Rune, finally a picture of you on the 'Downs where you are not drinking )
Old 01-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #785
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
What's with all these normal looking people who met on teh intrawebs? It's absurd!

(This is the ultimate stalker thread. Keep posting, please.)

Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #786
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Nope at least I am not overlooking this thread, it's fun to read about your adventures. Looks like you had a great time but even so I can't say I'd regret not coming, given that I had probably the most awesome New Year ever anyway.

And even though I wasn't there, your stories portray the whole happening quite vividly... probably partly because I've met a couple of attendants myself and know something general about most people anyway. So thanks for posting, keep doing it! However, even at the risk of sounding demanding, it'd be quite awesome if you posted more photos here. Yeah I know Facebook is full of them, but not everybody has an account, or the energy to go through hundreds and hundreds of photos to find those that summarise the moot the best.

Oh and a word of warning in advance... there might be a slight chance that some day, certain people find a painting of themselves in a cuddly pose.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #787
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

This one!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #788
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh I don't know Fea, maybe this one.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:17 PM   #789
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

It won't load, Kath! So I'm left assuming it's the one that's almost entirely my thigh?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #790
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Nah, the one that is probably the most tender embrace between Rune and I.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #791
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

It is indeed Boro! Sorry it won't load - don't know what to do there because it works for me!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #792
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

It started working. Must just be my wireless connection.

I'm merely amused because we actually did have a conversation one night about giving Agan fodder for homoerotic paintings.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #793
Lush
Fair and Cold

Lush is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via ICQ to Lush Send a message via AIM to Lush Send a message via Yahoo to Lush
Tolkien

I'm so proud of this forum, honestly. It's full of fun people. If I was J.R.R., I'd be even more proud, for setting off such a splendid chain reaction.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 AM   #794
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
I'm merely amused because we actually did have a conversation one night about giving Agan fodder for homoerotic paintings.
Awww thanks sweeties!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:08 AM   #795
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Just to give a differing opinion, I actually have to confess I didn't read through all the gloating because there was simply too much to read - but keep posting still if you want to, undoubtedly there are some more stalkerish people around.

You know, I know it would've been awesome to be there, but on the other hand, I think that kind of meeting would've been too huge for me to really enjoy. But I'm really really looking forward to a probable Finno-invasion on the American terrain next summer...!!! (And Kath and Rune, I want to see you again, come here now! )
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:39 AM   #796
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Or then this one...

But I think people are starting to get the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Just to give a differing opinion, I actually have to confess I didn't read through all the gloating because there was simply too much to read
As long as you have read about me we're good. I don't care about the others, that's between you and them.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:17 PM   #797
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post

Cheerio, Kath. Jolly good to hear of your valiant effort teaching these septics the Queen's English. Ta-ta!
You know Cockney slang.... pearly queen's english That is impressive.... I love Listerine for anti-american....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #798
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen View Post
You know Cockney slang.... pearly queen's english That is impressive.... I love Listerine for anti-american....

I don't know Cockney slang though, it's just a poor mimic.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #799
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Can I just say I didn't know you were calling Rune Danish?

Oh, and Rune and Kath destroy my ability to call people by screen name, because I hit them when naming people and my brain says "this is real name" and the rest of the names just convert themselves!
Old 01-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #800
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
[b]Seeing the Wereduckling again was definitely the highlight of that day (Nienna, Fea, Lari, Brinn, and I visited them at home last year when she was just a wee one). She knows how to text! sally can attest to that, as she replied to a number of her texts all on her own.
This are trufax. Lol I've still got a couple of them saved on my phone. ^_^
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote