Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2008, 09:55 AM   #2201
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
I wanted to squeeze everyone in, but I realised I didn't know what the others would do apart from coming in and giving Ginna a disapproving look.
What's she feeling down about? Or guilty about, rather... Is it all on account of Harreld? Poor Ginna.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #2202
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
What's she feeling down about? Or guilty about, rather... Is it all on account of Harreld? Poor Ginna.
Uh-huh. Poor Ginna, indeed.

Oh, by the way, did anyone see the cat's colour and claw length?
Old 01-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #2203
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have no idea what cat you're referring to, but with the luck around the Mead Hall lately, I'd guess it was a black cat with inch long claws. (What's the claw length got to do with anything? I heard black cats are bad luck, but I don't recall any legend about how long their claws have to be...)
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #2204
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I sent Nogrod and Lommy both a PM and Nogrod said they'd both check into here and the game thread sometime in the next day.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:12 PM   #2205
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
Okay, I'll try again. Let's say that Eodwine has posed the question to all the characters in the Hall. He'll want responses from them. Here's the question: "Will you agree to share responsibility for Javan? If so, how many hours per day, and what will you do with him?"

Eodwine needs answers from Thornden, Kara, Ginna, Léof (yes him too), Stigend, Modtryth, Rowenna, Garstan, Garwine, Nain, Frodides, and any other characters I have failed to remember.
We'll try to update ourselves tomorrow with Lommy and then give out votes for it. That's a promise. But do not hesitate to write on our behalf if tomorrow is the time for posting to you (timezones...) ... We are flexible with our stances... well at least I am and I think Lommy is too.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #2206
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Wadaya mean, poor Ginna? - after leading Harreld on like that!

Thanks for checking in, Noggie and Lommy; and thanks especially to Foley for taking the initiative. If I ever need to move on, I think I know who to pass this rpg on to....
Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #2207
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Wadaya mean, poor Ginna? - after leading Harreld on like that!
Well, I can say poor Harreld, too, but you haven't written about him having nightmares. I feel sorry for both of them.

Quote:
If I ever need to move on, I think I know who to pass this rpg on to....
Oh, don't even suggest such an awful thing! The very idea of you leaving makes me gloomy.

You're welcome, too, by the way. I'm too impatient and far too busybody to just sit back and let someone else take the initiative. (And if they allowed another face, I'd put a winking fellow here...)
Old 01-04-2008, 11:28 AM   #2208
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have received word from Noggie & Lommy, and await word only from Kath and Formy. I don't expect it from Formy.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:22 PM   #2209
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh my apologies! If it's about going to Scarburg then Kara and Frodides will come along for the ride.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #2210
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

No. It's about this post and everything that's been going on in the game thread.

-- Folwren
Old 01-04-2008, 06:30 PM   #2211
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh righty ho, well Kara and Frodides would both have him for a couple of hours. I'd say shared though as they're generally in the same place at the same time! So 2 hours doing kitchen duty. Washing dishes, peeling vegetables, maybe learning to cook.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #2212
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Who at the hall has a horse? There's Aethel (Leof), Flithaf (Eodwine), Javan's horse, Falco's pony... I think Ginna brought a horse? and the hall probably had a few for general use. And I think there were some boarded? There was a discussion about that a while ago. Those would probably now be relocated...
Modtryth and Stigend have the old mare, Snowstreak.

As to what Modtryth could do with Javan, she wouldn't mind having someone helping her with the shopping stuff. (Bearing or loading the goods etc.) Annoying work yet that would get him to town from time to time, so not the nastiest of duties for a child. Of the nastier duties, I think Modtryth & Ginna & Rowenna would welcome his aid in doing the laundry and cleaning the hall, but that might be too much of "women's work", or what do you think?
Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #2213
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

The more demeaning and drudgelike, the better. Thanks for all your replies.

Okay, I'll post the new Day with thoughts back to court day (which is the day after the last one we've written).

Post is up. I've also updated the Timeline: http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showpos...postcount=1595

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 01-04-2008 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:44 PM   #2214
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

ROFL! Foley, that was perfect. I cracked up. I'd rep you but, you know....
Old 01-06-2008, 02:48 PM   #2215
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Wow. I'm glad you found it so amusing. I wasn't sure if Javan should even dare say it. It was honestly the first thing I thought of when you described the burnt ruins and it took me a full day to decide whether or not I should write it. I'm worried how Eodwine will take it.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:52 AM   #2216
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

What needs to be happen for us to move on? Elempi, are you waiting for more posters?
Old 01-09-2008, 08:38 PM   #2217
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Yes. Though I certainly do appreciate your contributions, Foley, I really don't want this to become a 2 person rpg.

Do I need to start requesting individual players to post?
Old 01-10-2008, 03:34 AM   #2218
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMP
Do I need to start requesting individual players to post?
Hopefully not... I think i could write something either today, tomorrow, or during the weekend, but I don't think I have anything very constructive to write. So should I just write a short-ish reaction post, or should I actually do something to move on? Maybe it's better if we don't move on just yet, but wait a few more (or one more) reaction(s)...?
Old 01-10-2008, 04:59 AM   #2219
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Reactions and movement can happen at the same time. In fact, people can write reflections on their characters' initial reactions as they move on. So post, please, if you have an idea.
Old 01-10-2008, 05:52 AM   #2220
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Reactions and movement can happen at the same time. In fact, people can write reflections on their characters' initial reactions as they move on. So post, please, if you have an idea.
I actually don't have any ideas, but surely I may come up with something and if not, well, it would maybe be good to have someone else's than only Eodwine and Javan's reactions to the sight? For the things to actually move on, Eodwine needs to react to Javan's words, or something must prevent him from replying (or reacting in any way)... But I think I could write something today.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 AM   #2221
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Understood, Elempi. I'm willing to be patient and wait if it means other people posting.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #2222
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I must say this looks interesting.

And poor Léof...
Old 01-13-2008, 03:37 PM   #2223
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'll post something either tomorrow or the day after.

I'll have some time in my hands now - not too much though until the beginning of February but anyway.

Don't be afraid lmp, there are more than two around. They just sometimes have their hands full of this and that.

Btw. is Celuien still around or is someone else playing Garstan? Just asking if I need to involve Garstan with my post with Stigend as they kind of form a pair anyhow.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #2224
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Putting Garstan with Stigend was intentional on my part. Celuien is on extended absence and has graciously given us permission to use her characters as needed. In return we have (I hope) just as graciously promised to keep them in character. So please do write for both Stigend and Garstan, Noggie.

I was going to have Eodwine assign specific parties, but I figured I'd let all of you choose who your characters would work with. If you need a reminder as to what characters are available, please look at the discussion thread's first post and click on the link to "characters". I just updated it within the last couple weeks.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #2225
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Elempi,

Is everyone supposed to set off exploring before starting the other two jobs of beginning the kitchen and securing the animals? That is what the last thing Eodwine said sounded like, but I'm not certain.

I'll try to write a post for Thornden, but I'm not completely sure what he's supposed to be doing.

-- Folwren
Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #2226
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

In my post Stigend suggests they should make a baker. Here's a picture of a differene between a lean-to and a baker. (second last from the bottom...)

I was thinking of a real large one.

In the 70's when I was a kid we had one at the place where we constructed our family's summer cottage. It was there for two years I think (it was taken down for the winter but re-erected the next year). It was big enough for some twenty people to sleep under cosily.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:39 PM   #2227
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

I'm lurking and alive (dead) in the shadows, but between work, trying to buy a house, and trying to maintain some personal life, I'm still too swamped to write. The hall looks like it's had lots of interesting developments - I'll try to keep up with everything in case things calm down and I can get back here at some point. Thanks for carrying along the characters.

*retreats to a dark corner*
Old 01-14-2008, 08:46 PM   #2228
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Great idea on the baker, Noggie. Go for it. I see that Eodwine has already given his approval, which you have now saved me the trouble of writing. I loved the humor in your post, too. "Adjusting our spirits to our duties."

Foley, I've fixed the end of my post to clarify that we build shelter and cooking facilities first.

It's good to hear from you, Celuien. Here's hoping that your crazy life gains more order and leisure so that you can rejoin us.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #2229
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So nice to hear from you Celuien! And all the best for you!

I'll be more than happy to carry Garstan with Stigend and I guess Lommy will love to use the kids - as I will too. I'm indeed already thinking of using the boys with the construction of the baker as they could be the "apes" to climb the trees and attach the ropes there... Maybe Stigend could call for Javan to join the venture as well?

Just tell us if we do something with them you think is out of bounds Celuien. And if you have any ideas just let us know about them.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:54 PM   #2230
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Eodwine is of course very happy to have various of his House volunteer to take responsibility for Javan.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:09 AM   #2231
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Just tell us if we do something with them you think is out of bounds Celuien. And if you have any ideas just let us know about them.
Totally agreed. And I, too, am glad to see you pop up, Cel.

Like Nogrod said, I'll be just happy to carry along the children. Modtryth is after all probably the unofficial "nanny" of the House and surely spends a lot of time, not necessarily with the children, but at least having an eye on them. And as rarely as I do it, I like writing Cnebba very much too and you basically cannot write him without including Garmund and Léodern in some way.

I will have fun having carrying your characters along, but of course, I would have more fun actually writing with you. So hope you can be back sometime, rather sooner than later.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:55 AM   #2232
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

I'm hoping to see some posts that lend to the creativity of you writers, to discover what's out there in the various corners of Scarburg. Any takers?
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 AM   #2233
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Javan'll take up your offer quite happily, but I think he's probably been well picketed by Stigend or Rowenna.

I don't know when I'll be able to post.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #2234
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Javan'll take up your offer quite happily, but I think he's probably been well picketed by Stigend or Rowenna.
Foley: Do take Javan for a walk around and don't mind the two wishing to see him work. Stigend and Garstan may wonder where he is but if he's away then no can do.

I think either myself or Lommy could take the children to have an outing as well - and maybe Stigend and Garstan will have to check some surroundings for additional building materials as well...
Old 01-17-2008, 02:31 PM   #2235
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

And Kara and maybe Ginna could have wander for some wood for the kitchen fire, if none was brought with that is.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM   #2236
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Foley: Do take Javan for a walk around and don't mind the two wishing to see him work. Stigend and Garstan may wonder where he is but if he's away then no can do.
Oh! Oh! Are you giving me permission to get Javan into anothe scrape??
Old 01-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #2237
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Oh! Oh! Are you giving me permission to get Javan into anothe scrape??

I just meant that I only voiced the possibility of S & G taking him to the "workforce" in the discussion thread so nothing has been said in the actual thread about him yet...
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #2238
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I have not the slightest idea what is going to happen next with Javan. I'll let one or two other people post before continuing with him.

Let me know if anything needs to be latered with Stigend or with the preparations for building the baker. I've little idea how it will actually be done. I hope what I wrote was fitting.

-- Folwren
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 AM   #2239
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Let me know if anything needs to be latered with Stigend or with the preparations for building the baker. I've little idea how it will actually be done.
That looks fine! Someone should disturb the ruins that much as to check whether the ridgepole is still usable as that long logs are scarce...

I can write that possibly on Sunday but feel free others to solve that if you wish.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:14 AM   #2240
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Rowenna for all her secrecy and eavesdropping has a rather rigid sense of right and wrong.