The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Tol-in-Gaurhoth XVII: The Saga Continues to Continue quite Continuously

It is the Second Age, seventy-five years since Elendil and his sons escaped Numenor and established the Realms in Exile. Off the southern coast of the now-prosperous kingdom of Gondor, in the Bay of Belfalas, lies an island. Not a very large island as islands go, but large enough to contain a village of twenty in a bay on its northern coast. Recently, however, Sauron, desiring to overthrow the kingdom, has sent three werewolves to infiltrate this village and kill all the villagers. Due to this, the island will one day come to be named...

***********************************************
Tol-in-Gaurhoth, the new Isle of Werewolves.
***********************************************
Welcome to the seventeenth game of Barrow-Downs Werewolf.
The rules are as follows:

The game is divided into two phases, NIGHT and DAY.

During the DAY, the people of this village shall confer amongst themselves about their suspicions as to who the Wolves may be. This is also the time when the Ranger and Hunter may PM each other. The people of the village vote for whom they want to lynch. Whoever gets the most votes will be lynched. Votes are not retractable and should be posted in bold, on a separate line like this.

++Meneltarmacil

Double lynchings are allowed if two villagers have the same number of votes. If three or more villagers have the same amount of votes, two lynchees will be randomly decided by a roll of whatever variety of die is needed (I have several).

At NIGHT, no more posting is allowed. At this time, the Werewolves PM each other and decide amongst themselves whom to kill. The Seer dreams during the Night, and the Ranger and Hunter carry out their duties.

EDIT: If you die, you're dead. Please do not attempt to contact those still alive in the game to discuss the situation, and please do not post anything more related to this game on this thread or on the original Tol-in-Gaurhoth thread.

FURTHER EDIT: While you can say "I'm a wolf", etc. all you like, you may not post PMs or anything to prove what your role is.

DAYS and NIGHTS will be begin and end at 5:00 PM Eastern Time, which is 10:00 PM GMT and 3:00 PM Mountain Time.

You may not edit your posts, except to correct grammar/format errors or to report cross-posting. Please stay in Invisible Mode.

Roles:

Ordinary Villagers: The Ordinary Villagers post during the DAY and decide whom to lynch. They are silent at NIGHT.

Werewolves: The 3 Werewolves act like Ordinary Villagers during the DAY. At NIGHT, they PM each other and choose one villager to kill. They shall PM that choice to me.

Seer: Each NIGHT, the Seer chooses one villager to dream about and PMs his/her choice to me. The role of that villager will be revealed. The Cobbler, however, will appear to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Hunter: Each NIGHT, the Hunter chooses one villager to take down with him/her in case he/she is killed and PMs his/her choice to me. However, nobody else dies during the DAY if the Hunter is lynched. The Hunter may PM the Ranger during the DAY, but not at NIGHT.

Ranger: Each NIGHT, the Ranger chooses one villager to protect and PMs his/her choice to me. The Werewolves cannot kill that person during that NIGHT. The Ranger cannot protect him/herself, and cannot protect the same person two Nights in a row.

Cobbler: The Cobbler hates his/her job, his/her life, and the other villagers so much that he/she wants the Wolves to kill everyone. The Cobbler creates confusion during the DAY and helps get innocents lynched, basically doing whatever is needed to help the Wolves, even at the cost of his/her own life. The Cobbler does not know who the Wolves are, and they do not know who the Cobbler is. The Cobbler appears to be an Ordinary Villager to the Seer.

Those Participating:
1. mormegil- Elven smith
2. Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
3. Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
4. dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
5. The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
6. Aiwendil- Old woodwright
7. AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
8. Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
9. malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
10. Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
11. Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
12. Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
13. Formendacil- Village historian
14. Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
15. Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
16. the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
17. WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
18. Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
19. Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head
20. Meneltarmacil- Ye Olde Knighte

It is now Night 1. Villagers may not post. Wolves may PM, Ranger and Hunter may not. I only need a name from the Seer toNight.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 02-04-2006 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Changing "must" to "should." No reason to ignore votes with formatting a little off. Also, added the "dead people tell no tales" reminder. And another reminder. Etc.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Day 1 begins

The villagers awoke to the dawn of a new Day.

Shelob wandered around town, still trying to familiarize herself with her surroundings. She passed by Kath, who was checking the village for ghosts.

While mormegil started work on a set of knives, Aiwendil put the finishing touches on a dinner table.

The guy who be short checked his mermaid traps, the only catch being Cailín, who had once again been trying to prove her mermaidness to the village. He sighed and let her out.

Márcolië Lamen attempted to convert Garin to the One True Way of Pastafarianism, only to find herself being attacked by his overeager pigs.

Nilpaurion Felagund ran around on the beach enjoying his freedom from a different Isle of Werewolves, only to run right into a palm tree, knocking a coconut from it onto his head. Valier, who was standing on her head to milk some coconuts nearby, saw this and fell over due to a sudden fit of the giggles as a result.

Dancing spawn of ungoliant attempted to sell Naria a bouquet of colorful flowers; however, this was interrupted when a group of sea turtles apparently sent the latter an urgent message.

Wayne tried to play a game of Dungeons and Dragons in his basement with Gil-Galad. Gil, however, quickly lost interest in the game while analyzing the shapes of the various dice on the table.

As Glirdan walked by muttering to himself under his breath, The Saucepan Man silently wondered if there was a legal way to get all these nutcases shipped off the island for good.

Their thoughts were interrupted by a scream from within the woods. The villagers ran to investigate, finding the mysterious AbercrombieofRohan in distress. Meneltarmacil lay upon ye olde grounde nearby, impaled with ye olde speare. Upon examining ye olde knighte, malkatoj announced that he was only “mostly dead, which is barely alive.”

“Who did this to you?” The Saucepan Man asked.

“Th-three… w-werewolves...” Menel said with his dying breath, and then fell silent. As Formendacil dutifully recorded all this in the village chronicles, malkatoj, seeing that Menel was now “all dead,” went through his pockets looking for loose change.

The villagers gathered in the center of town. The wolf hunt had begun.

Living:
mormegil- Elven smith
Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
Aiwendil- Old woodwright
AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
Formendacil- Village historian
Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head

Dead:
Meneltarmacil (Moderator): Speared by wolves on Night 1

Wolves: 3
Villagers: 16

It is now Day 1. Villagers may post. Hunter and Ranger may PM each other, Wolves may not.

(Note: My mentioning of villagers' activities is not intended to refer to their roles as wolves, etc.)
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:05 PM   #3
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal
 
Gil-Galad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Posts: 5,036
Gil-Galad is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
oh my three werewolves... thats bad... what are we to do? where are our gifted to save us? oh i hope i don't get lynched... though if i say this i will get band-wagonned on again and i'll be lynched and it will be for naught becuase i'm an Ordinary...again... though when i say i'm innocent people will say that sounds wolish and lynch me and that'll prove to them that i am indeed innocent...perhaps i've said too much already... i need to be serious... oh look a rectangle! *runs off*
__________________
Love doesn't blow up and get killed.
Gil's Mind ENTER IF YOU DARE.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #4
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince
 
the guy who be short's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Thulcandra
Posts: 2,496
the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Alas for the death of ye olde knighte. Verily shall he be missed. I recall his tales of brave exploits amusing me when I was a young lad, afore my fisher years.

Now then, I would like to arbitrarily mention my suspicion of the following:

mormegil
Garin
Nilpaurion Felagund
dancing spawn of ungoliant
The Saucepan Man
Aiwendil
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shelob
malkatoj
Gil-Galad
Glirdan
Márcolië Lamen
Formendacil
Cailín
Kath
WaynetheGoblin
Naria
Valier

Especially Kath, cos she's nasssty.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #5
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Only one post and I am already confused! Gil, dear, you sound rather traumatised. Anything you wish to own up to?

Three werewolves! Not one, not a modest couple, but three...! And they are horrible creatures: all smelly and hairy and nothing gracious about them. I suppose this would be a proper time to return to sea, but unfortunately, I quite forgot where I left my red cap.

TGWBS obsession with mythical creatures is certainly suddenly far more unnerving. I say he has an unhealthy obsession for mermaids. And why isn't he more obsessed with me? *whines*

You don't suppose werewolves only eat meat, huh? I might be immune!
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #6
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince
 
the guy who be short's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Thulcandra
Posts: 2,496
the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Cailín, I've told you over and over. You're not a mermaid. You never were a mermaid. You never will be a mermaid. You have LEGS, for Illamatar's sake!

As for my "unhealthy" obsession with mermaids... it's more a passion than an obsession. And I have the right to a personal life, don't I?

I'd like to add that mermaids and werewolves are completely unalike. Unless you get weremaids...
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper
 
Valier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: somewhere between sanity and insanity
Posts: 1,737
Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh! OH! OH! My head is starting to hurt! (Giggle) THREE WEREWOLVES!!!! What ever shall we do? I must go and stand on my head some more, to rid me of this nasty headache........But I will be (Giggle)...watching you all for signs of wolfishness. (Giggle)
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:41 PM   #8
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Cailín, I've told you over and over. You're not a mermaid. You never were a mermaid. You never will be a mermaid. You have LEGS, for Illamatar's sake!
They are not legs, my tail was just accidentally split in half! I had a hard life, you know. And besides, everyone knows mermaids have legs while on land! You don't know the first thing about them! You'll never catch one. Haha.

Anyway - I will have to leave you all for now. My fins desperately need a bath and I have to practice sea hymns and the like. Be safe while I'm gone. Don't kill fish. They are our friends.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
Formendacil
Dead Serious
 
Formendacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Perched on Thangorodrim's towers.
Posts: 2,945
Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Formendacil is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
'Tis such a pity, good villagers, how the events of one's life conspire to take us away at times when our civic responsibility should be first in our lives...

I should let you all know, right now, that I am the Ranger, and I've dreamed about all of the villager, and if anyone kills me, I'll kill Nilp, 'cause he wants to be lynched:

mormegil: Is innocent, annoyingly so. He'll probably propose a grand plan on Day 3 or 4 to out the Werewolves.
Garin: Is a Werewolf.
Nilpaurion Felagund: Is innocent, but suicidal.
dancing spawn of ungoliant: Is another Werewolf.
The Saucepan Man: Is innocent. He will try and kill Morm.0
Aiwendil: Is the tax-collector. He will rob us blind.
AbercrombieOfRohan: Is a very pretty young girl and couldn't possibly hurt me.
Shelob: Is also very pretty, but she'll probably try and lynch me.
malkatoj: Will try to kill me. Innocent, though.
Gil-Galad: Is not a Werewolf. Might be the Werebear.
Glirdan: Is secretly a Hobbit. Don't let on, though.
Márcolië Lamen: Has a thing for turtles. Might be a Wereturtle.
The Guy Who Be Short: Is guiltier than snot, and should be our first victim.
Cailín: Is the third Werewolf.
Kath: Is quiet. She'll probably hide in a corner until Day 5, then kill us all.
WaynetheGoblin: Has a thing for Werewolves. Probably the Cobbler.
Naria: Very scary, but innocent.
Valier: Is Queen Beruthiel: see that catavatar?

I'm voting for ++ Valier. Queen Beruthiel must go!

(And if you believe everything I've said, you're madder than I am! Sorry about things, but I very likely won't post again toDAY, nor on DAY 2 till later on... Kill me if you like, you're only losing your Lord and Master. )
Formendacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 04:48 PM   #10
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Oh!! Look!! The three Wolves!!! Oops!! Never mind!! I'm just imagining things again. And what's this!? Menel is dead!! My dear old friend! He always helped me calm down when I got to out of hand. Now who is to help me? We need to find these nassty crabs!! I mean Wolves!! Evil is afoot!! Menel dead!? What are you talking about! He's right here beside me!! I think I'm going to go get my medication. Maybe when I come back I'll be less delusional.

*RL Comment* I will be gone the rest of the night. I should be back on early in the morning tomorrow in order to figure things out and vote. So don't take my abscence as a suspicious. Thank you. *RL Comment Ended*
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,510
Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Just checking in, thought I'd see if any ghosties or ghoulies had come out to play, and instead I find werewolves! Even better! Well, not for poor Menel or course but from a scientific point of view the possibilities are endless!

If we get one, do make sure I get the body, I'd like to run some tests.

Aaanyway, it's Day 1, and what do we do on Day 1 everyone? That's right! Randomly accuse people! But hey, where's the point, hardly anyones here yet.
__________________
Great udders of disappointment!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #12
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous
 
The Saucepan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: A green and pleasant land
Posts: 8,467
The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Aaanyway, it's Day 1, and what do we do on Day 1 everyone? That's right! Randomly accuse people!
Mistress Kath! I beseech you! Surely we should not be randomly accusing anyone. What is needed here is the application of my trusted friend, the law.

While we may be but a remote outpost, the laws of our beloved Kingdom still apply here as they do elsewhere in the realm of Gondor. And the law commands that, where a crime has been committed, as it has here, the suspects must be tried fairly before their peers by means of a thorough review of the evidence. And if the evidence reveals the guilt of the accused then the law decrees the sentence for cold blooded murder as death by hanging. But only if their guilt is established - beyond all reasonable doubt.

And yet, we need a judge. Since we have no time to send to the mainland in this matter, I must do my duty and take on that onerous burden myself, being the only one acquainted with the law here. As a man of the law, I am of course above suspicion. Were I one of these foul fiends of Udun, I would have no choice but to confess right now, in light of my legal training. But I am no Werewolf.

Now, this court is in session. Let him or her speak who has evidence upon which to base an accusation. Who is to be brought before me accused of this terrible crime?
__________________
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:55 PM   #13
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,510
Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Kath is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh come now! Law should perhaps be above such petty things as lies, but I tell you now sir they are not. And as for your being above suspicion, well! We only have your word that you are in fact a man of the law. Although, being one will put you under more suspicion than not! We all know about lawyers in these parts. Why if you are truthful and honest I am a 20th century human!

Nevertheless, reason and proof behind accusations is important, but with so few people around at the moment, is it really going to be all that helpful?
__________________
Great udders of disappointment!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:00 PM   #14
Aiwendil
Late Istar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,139
Aiwendil has been trapped in the Barrow!
Werewolves, you say? No trouble at all; I'll have a wooden stake fixed up in half a moment.

Or is it vampires that those work on? Can't recall. Maybe we are in trouble.

Forgive me if I speak plainly, Judge Saucepan, but I've little use for courts and tribunals. Seems to me they do a fair job making wolves out of folks all by themselves.
Aiwendil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:06 PM   #15
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
WaynetheGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: far far away
Posts: 282
WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
A vote right off the bat and its not for me. I belive some of the things formen said not the things about me. That is suspicious to vote in your first post and i dont like I might come back and vote for him later ( I said maybe ). I am playing my not post much game because i am in a contest at school so i have to work on it alot. Also I might not post much on feburary 10 or 11 because well im not getting in to a story. In this game evrybody is suspicious im watching everybody. Right now I looking at formen kath morm and spm they are the ones that i think are wolfs or coobler. I think formen is the cobbler trying to attract attetion and get it away from the wolfs but Im not sure yet. I will be back later to post my vote it is a matter of formens posts that will judge my vote.GOODBYE! This is my longest post.
__________________
if your happy im happy if your sad im sad if you jump of a cliff i watch
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous
 
The Saucepan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: A green and pleasant land
Posts: 8,467
The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
We only have your word that you are in fact a man of the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiwendil
Forgive me if I speak plainly, Judge Saucepan, but I've little use for courts and tribunals. Seems to me they do a fair job making wolves out of folks all by themselves.
See how the absence of a proper legal framework breeds lies and mistrust?

My dear villagers, this is precisely what we should be going out of our way to avoid. For it is by acting on the basis of random accusations and suspicions based upon little no evidence that we will do these Wolves work for them. This bloodthirsty gallows mentality will bring us nothing but our own doom. The Wolves among us will set villager against villager, herding the lynch mob in the direction of those who are innocent or, worse still, those who can be of great help to us in our hour of need.

I have a grave concern over those who would seek to discard the teachings of the law so readily, but I myself require solid evidence before I will condemn anyone to the gallows.
__________________
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:23 PM   #17
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
WaynetheGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: far far away
Posts: 282
WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
What he said in my words and i will vote.
++FORMENDACIL
__________________
if your happy im happy if your sad im sad if you jump of a cliff i watch
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:33 PM   #18
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
AbercrombieOfRohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 386
AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Well, you know what they say Saucie, "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Our poor Menel, his was a dear old knight and though I saw him but once, he had a jovial and chivalrous countenance. What monstrosties have been unleashed upon us? I should not have left the comfort of the woods...

Formendacil has voted early, not unusual. I believe he's done that on several occasions (well, that I've read about, of course.)

Doing some careful sleuthing work (pulling names out of a hat), I have deduced that Formendacil, Aiwendil and Gil-Galad are guilty. Explain yourselves!
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #19
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal
 
Gil-Galad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Posts: 5,036
Gil-Galad is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i beleive in what Mr. Saucey-Judge-Man is saying, and we should maybe respect his Authoritay or something bad will happen that will scar us all dramtically.

Though justice will probably not prevail on the side of me, Gil-galad, i wholehardingly believe in Sauceman's abilities and status.

we all don't want to make horrible mistakes to happen which will bring an inevitable compromise.


so that just leaves us to ponder what to do with our little village before we make even more mistakes, like the fashion-sense that plagues some of us.

In Conclusion if we do not defeat this Werewolf Scourge, we may have to look for other options.
All of us want to return home so lets clean this mess and take a little vacation.


cheers

P.S. no one wants to be that body in the wood-chipper
__________________
Love doesn't blow up and get killed.
Gil's Mind ENTER IF YOU DARE.

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 02-04-2006 at 12:13 AM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #20
malkatoj
Wight
 
malkatoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A hovel in Florin
Posts: 186
malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Menel's dead, eh? Well, as long as he's all dead, there's nothing I can do about it. I've already gotten the change out of his pockets, of course, and I'd share it but it amounted to so little...plus, I'm retired. I tried my best on this guy and really, I've never worked for so little. I need all the money I can get.

So the most recent miracle over here has told me that Abercrombie, Valier and Naria are the wolves. You guys better have a good excuse--none of this 'bitten by one' stuff, if you had come to me I could have cured you up nice and good. I made some pills earlier for wolfishness and nobody ate them. Chocolate coating and everything. Makes it go down easier.

Aside from those three, Saucepan's seeming awfully pompous, he's probably the ranger. Gil keeps talking and he put all those links up and they're confusing, so cobbler. Aiwendil's acting pretty deep and whatnot, so he's the seer. And of course TGWBS is the hunter.

I'll be back with a vote at some point in the DAY, until then, I'll be working on a miracle potion to rid the village of wolves. Only we all have to drink it...

::Real-life: I'll be away for the Weekend and *will* have computer access, but as I'm company I don't like to use it too too much. I'll make sure to be on, but I might not be as active as usual. Also posting in the announcements thread. Thank you::
__________________
Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do--Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #21
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous
 
The Saucepan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: A green and pleasant land
Posts: 8,467
The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
i beleive in what Mr. Saucey-Judge-Man is saying, and we should maybe respect his Authoritay
The Man of Shapes speaks sense, though the images which he conjures before us sorely confuse me. I am nevertheless heartened that he at least is prepared to put his trust in the law.

Well, if no one else is to bring a forensic mind to bear in this most dire of situations, I suppose I shall have to do so myself and act in the role of both prosecutor and judge.

WaynetheGoblin, please stand forth and answer me these questions.

You suspect Formendacil because he voted early. Yet you have voted early yourself. Does not that make you suspicious on the basis of your own words?

And you voiced suspicion of him as the Cobbler, yet vote for him as though you believe him to be a Wolf. Why?

And now, Miss OfRohan. You voice mistrust of lawyers, yet seek to bring accusations yourself and call upon three of our fellow villagers to defend themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbercrombieofRohan
Doing some careful sleuthing work (pulling names out of a hat), I have deduced that Formendacil, Aiwendil and Gil-Galad are guilty.
The law decrees that all are innocent until proven guilty. Please enlighten us as to the evidence upon which you base these accusations.
__________________
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #22
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous
 
The Saucepan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: A green and pleasant land
Posts: 8,467
The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkatoj
Aside from those three, Saucepan's seeming awfully pompous, he's probably the ranger.
Just doing my job, madam. Alas, I cannot protect you by night as you seem to think. But I can wield the sword of justice by day. And as long as I have the strength in me to do so, I shall. It is by the application of cold logic, rather than cold steel, that we shall rid ourselves of this evil that plagues us.


Quote:
Originally Posted by malkatoj
So the most recent miracle over here has told me that Abercrombie, Valier and Naria are the wolves.
Enough talk of miracles, woman! What evidence to you have do accuse them so?
__________________
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #23
Shelob
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
Shelob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: At the abysmal Abyss Mall.
Posts: 308
Shelob has just left Hobbiton.
Evidence? On the first day? Are all lawyers so optimistic?

Somehow I imagine "miracles" and "pulling names out of a hat" are the best we can hope for right now. So long as our accusations don't boil down to "that little yellow bird in the rafters told me, yeah, that one, the one saying you've sold your soul to the devil" I think we're doing good. Well, so well as a town with werewolves can be doing anyhow.

Given as we've random accusations with no response but "Evidence!" I think I'll sit back and wait for a while, get a drink, ponder what little I have to work from, and rest up for the rest of this witc---erm, Wolf Trial...
__________________
A signature always reveals a man's character - and sometimes even his name ~Evan Esar.
Pan for Everyone!
Shelob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:43 PM   #24
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
AbercrombieOfRohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 386
AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Nay, you misunderstand me, my good fellow. I've provided that quote as evidence for Kath and Aiwendil, thinking that perhaps they could use it in their case against you.

Quote:
Please enlighten us as to the evidence upon which you base these accusations.
I've already enlightened you.

Quote:
(pulling names out of a hat)
There is no evidence. Were this a real case, my evidence would be thrown out of court immediately.

But since you ask it of me, I will try my best to provide cases against these people. (Please believe I'm throwing out random accusations and am basically pulling these arguments out of thin air.)

Formendacil: He has voted early, but so has Wayne, and of the two, I'm slightly more inclined to believe Formendacil's innocence. I understand too, that he has RL situations that prevent his access to the computer.

Aiwendil: I've no case against you at all and with only one post you can hardly expect that anyone would have more evidence to present. I suppose I could suspect him because of his silence, but then there are those that have not posted at all yet, who would, by that reasoning, would be more suspicious.

Gil-Galad: His first post is rather confusing and seems a bit desperate when there is no need for him to be desperate at all. I'd be less inclined to lynch him if he hadn't been so defensive. Well, perhaps defensive isn't the correct word....is there a word that means really- severely- not- wishing- to- be- lynched- when- absolutely- no- evidence- has- yet- come- to- light- of- you- guilt- or- otherwise? He believes in you Mr. Saucepan, shall we take this as evidence of his role? Only your lynching would provide us with that information.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #25
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous
 
The Saucepan Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: A green and pleasant land
Posts: 8,467
The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Pipe

So this is what passes for evidence in this village?

Has no one paused to consider whether they noticed anyone creeping off into the woods this morning? Or whether, when we first heard the cries of Ye Olde Kinght, any of us were missing?

And has anyone bothered to survey the scene of the crime for clues? No? Garn! I am surrounded by incompetence. Shall I be forced to fulfil the role of constable as well as prosecutor and judge in this accursed village? Sadly, it would seem so. Well, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do ...
__________________
Do you mind? I'm busy doing the fishstick. It's a very delicate state of mind!
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:15 PM   #26
malkatoj
Wight
 
malkatoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A hovel in Florin
Posts: 186
malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

Quote:
Enough talk of miracles, woman! What evidence to you have do accuse them so?
Oh, really, what has this world come to when a simple Miracle Man must provide evidence for his miracles?

If you want a reasoned argument, that'll be tough, especially considering how early it is. I doubt my vote will end up with any of the people I mentioned as 'wolves' earlier--it was a simple dice throw, thanks for the idea to our sorely missed Meneltarmacil. So, my reasoning: Gil still confuses me, which still leads me to believe he could be the cobbler. Too much going on in his post, especially links that could easily distract from our task of finding and killing the wolves.

As for said finding/killing wolves, the only person I have to suspect so far is Wayne, though it is just as likely (or more likely) simply Wayne being Wayne than it is Wayne being a wolf. I find it odd that he was so suspicious of Formendacil's early vote, when Formendacil explained that he has a reason for it, and then proceeded to vote early himself, based on that suspicion. There's a flaw in that logic, there. Also, his post confuses me to no end:

Quote:
What he said in my words and i will vote.
What am I to make of this?

Now, if I were to vote in this post, it would be for Wayne. Luckily, I will have time tomorrow at least to vote (though I'm not sure how much else) so that won't be necessary right now. It is, however, necessary that I go to sleep, so I'll be back for that vote tomorrow.

-Miracle Malka
__________________
Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do--Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #27
mormegil
Maundering Mage
 
mormegil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,632
mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Saucepan, you speak highly of Gondor and its laws and that we all answer to these. I am descended from Elven Princes and have come to this island as an embassy from Cirdan the Shipwright. While no killer I answer to his laws and the petty debates of mere mortals have no sway on me.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
mormegil: Is innocent, annoyingly so. He'll probably propose a grand plan on Day 3 or 4 to out the Werewolves.
Nice to see I have a friend...sort of

Perhaps I will propose a plan, most likely I will need to make some of my weapons and route this villains myself for while the foresight of Elrond does not rest upon me I have the ability to judge the character of a man nigh as well as blessed Idril herself. I will find these wolves for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
oh my three werewolves... thats bad... what are we to do? where are our gifted to save us? oh i hope i don't get lynched... though if i say this i will get band-wagonned on again and i'll be lynched and it will be for naught becuase i'm an Ordinary...again... though when i say i'm innocent people will say that sounds wolish and lynch me and that'll prove to them that i am indeed innocent...perhaps i've said too much already... i need to be serious... oh look a rectangle! *runs off*
Gil, while I'm unsure of your guilt or innocence, currently, this does not help your case in the least. Now it comes to mind that you may be the cobbler attempting to take attention away from others. You do this because you know that likely you will die soon enough so why not occupy a couple of days debate about whether or not we should lynch you. Thus giving the wolves cover for the first couple of days. Similar to what Wayne propose about Formendacil, but no I suspect that Formendacil likes the attention and wanted to stir up debate which is okay by me.
__________________
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
-- P. J. O'Rourke
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:16 PM   #28
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal
 
Gil-Galad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Posts: 5,036
Gil-Galad is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Well Morm, i know i'm going to be lynched because there is nothing that i can do to live past day 2, so i might as well have fun while i'm at it, lynch me if you must, it'll give the wolves another chance of surviving
__________________
Love doesn't blow up and get killed.
Gil's Mind ENTER IF YOU DARE.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 10:42 PM   #29
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Naria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 501
Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Oh no! Our dear Knight is dead!*tear rolling down her cheek*

What's that? You fellas think you saw who did this.....oh, umm ha, ok. Now that's four different stories. I knew I shouldn't listen to sandcrabs. Maybe the dolphins have something better to offer.


The first day is rather random and I will make a post and a vote tomorrow. I can't put too much down right now because my computer is getting fixed and I have limited time on this one. I'll get on a pc somwhere, sometime tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get mine back then as well.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #30
Aiwendil
Late Istar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 2,139
Aiwendil has been trapped in the Barrow!
The Saucepan Man wrote:
Quote:
See how the absence of a proper legal framework breeds lies and mistrust?
Now, look here. We're a long way from Osgiliath and I for one prefer to trust to our own wits than to some arcane Numenorean legal code. When I was young, we didn't have these sneering legalists coming in and telling us how to run our village. Had to fend for ourselves. And I say that unless you've got a company of Dunedain summoned to assist us, your notions about a Gondorian court are going to do very little good.

That doesn't mean I'm against our getting organized, though. I'd just like to see it done more fair-like. Now these Gaurhoth were clever, it seems to me; I've looked long at the place where Meneltarmacil was slain and I've found not a thing as points the finger at anyone in particular, if you follow me. So it seems to me the best thing's to keep our eyes open for anyone acting suspicious-like. And I say we all ought to get together and talk things over - try to figure out what these wolves are likely to do, and how we might spot them.
Aiwendil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 11:46 PM   #31
mormegil
Maundering Mage
 
mormegil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 4,632
mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
Well Morm, i know i'm going to be lynched because there is nothing that i can do to live past day 2, so i might as well have fun while i'm at it, lynch me if you must, it'll give the wolves another chance of surviving
Rather fatalistic aren't you?

I don't really know what to make of Gil. My guess is silly and confusing but likely innocent. However if confusing behavior continues I may change that notion.

I ask you what need have we of a woman that calls herself a miracle man and yet merely robs the corpses of the little gold available? Seems a bit unscrupulous to me if not outright malevolent. Malka, what need do we have of you? In fact there are many around here that serve no discernable purpose. I mean just look at this list.

mormegil- Elven smith
Garin- Truffle hunter with a half a dozen pigs and no social manners
Nilpaurion Felagund- Escaped thrall from Tol-in-Gaurhoth
dancing spawn of ungoliant- Florist
The Saucepan Man- Earnest and learned young man of the law
Aiwendil- Old woodwright
AbercrombieOfRohan- Mysterious lady who lives in the depths of the forest
Shelob- Someone who recently washed ashore
malkatoj- Retired Miracle Man (who is not really a man)
Gil-Galad- Shape-Analyst
Glirdan- Crazy guy down the street
Márcolië Lamen- Second official 8th day adventist Pastafarian
Formendacil- Village historian
Cailín- Deluded girl who believes she is a mermaid
Kath- Local investigator into the paranormal
the guy who be short- Mermaid-catcher and fisherman
WaynetheGoblin- Town geek, wimp, and nerd
Naria- Crazy old lady that thinks the marine life talks to her
Valier- Overly giggly coconut milker who only milks the coconuts while standing on her head


No wonder so many of you mortals are pathetic servants to Sauron, does he show you how to bath properly as well? It's quite probably that the majority of wolves are in the group that holds those with no real profession and don't contribute much to the welfare of our village. If we loose a couple of innocents at least we'll still have useful people around.
__________________
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
-- P. J. O'Rourke
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:28 AM   #32
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
1420! Da-da-da-da-dan! Da-da-da-da-dan! The Werewolf Alphabet!

Okay, I have a confession to make.

Rather, I would like to elucidate the inner workings of the other side of the person you know as Nilpaurion Felagund.

Despite the rule prohibiting the posting of PM conversations, my conscience implores to be allowed to make this violation for all our sakes.

O my fellow villagers, read and judge for yourself!

Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

So, who do we kill toNight?
Quote:
Originally Sent by Narvi, son of Gimli

Wait, I'm still thinking.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

So, we three are the Werewolves, huh?
Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

Why, yes, we are.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

Figures . . .
Quote:
Originally Sent by Narvi, son of Gimli

Hmm... I say we kill the Moderator. He's too powerful.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

Nu-uh. I want Meneltarmacil out first. It's personal.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

Why? What did he do to you?
Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

Why, nothing. I just thought I needed a pretty cool reason.
Quote:
Originally sent by Narvi, son of Gimli

No, I say we kill the mod first.

++Moderator

There!
Quote:
Originally sent by Bethiril

No, no, no. I say we kill Menel!

++Meneltarmacil
Quote:
Originally sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

Wait, isn't Menel the mod?
Quote:
Originally sent by Narvi, son of Gimli

Hmm... It appears so...
Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

It's hardly the same! No, wait, you're right.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

So, our victim for toNIGHT is Meneltarmacil the Moderator, right?
Quote:
Originally Sent by Narvi, son of Gimli

Yes.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Bethiril

Yes.
Quote:
Originally Sent by Nilpaurion Felagund

Let's get to work.
After having read all that, you now know of my dark and terrible alter-ego. (Not you, Adam, although you are dark and terrible yourself. )

Garn! I'd kill you dead now if I had my own body.

Anyway . . . My fair village, give me the chance to sacrifice myself for the safety of all.

In the end, I choose to vote for myself:

++Nilpaurion Felagund
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 01:33 AM   #33
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful
 
Nilpaurion Felagund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Posts: 5,379
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Yahoo to Nilpaurion Felagund Send a message via Skype™ to Nilpaurion Felagund
1420! Note:

(I'll place this in a different post. Don't want to break the acrosti . . . oops, hehe. Sorry. )

As usual, illogical DAY 1 me. I won't be back 'til Monday, enedwaith (if you let me live that long, that is), so this is all you'll get for me. Tata!

Don't lynch fair dancing spawn yet!
__________________
フェンリス鴨 (Fenrisu Kamo)
You can't tell an ordinary man and a weirdo apart until they act.
I intend to copy this sig forever - so far so good...
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:22 AM   #34
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle
 
dancing spawn of ungoliant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Posts: 1,267
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Good morning, starshine... the earth says hello...

... in a rather gruesome way. Here's a little summary what has happened thus far. I didn't make a difference whether people are joking or making random or real accusations, because you can't never know about the wolves...

Gil-Galad: Calls forth the gifteds to save the village, uses almost a whole post to defend himself when nothing has been said, believes in SpM, acts pessimistic, wants to have fun before he's killed.

"All of us want to return home so lets clean this mess and take a little vacation." ~Gil

Umm, I live here... Where do you live? With Sauron?

TGWBS: Suspects everybody bit himself, especially Kath

Cailín: Says werewolves are horrible, is confused by Gil, finds TGWBS' obsession unnerving

Valier: Has a headache

Formendacil: Suspects Garin, spawn, Aiwendil, Gil, Marcolie, TGWBS, Cailín, Kath and Wayne. Votes for Valier because believes her to be Queen Beruthiel

Glirdan: Needs to get his medication

Kath: Is interested in science, says Day 1 is random, doesn't trust SpM's word, doubts that reasons behind accusations are helpful this early

SpM: Doesn't want to lynch people unless their guilt is "established - beyond all reasonable doubt". Places himself above suspicion, laments bloodthirstiness, appreciates Gil's support, demands Wayne to explain himself, comments Abercrombies random accusing, says he's not the Ranger, wants to see some evidence for accusations

Aiwendil: Says we might be in trouble, doubts the efficiency of law, says wolves are clever, wants to keep an eye on suspicious behaviour, wants to talk

Wayne: Believes in some things Formendacil says, but not the things he said about Wayne. He's suspicious of everybody, especially Kath, morm, Spm and Formendacil. Thinks Form is the Cobbler and votes for him.

Abercrombie: Talks about killing lawyers, says Formendacil's behaviour isn't unusual, randomly accuses Formendacil, Aiwendil and Gil demanding an explanation from them. Says there is no evidence and pulls arguments "out of thin air". Doesn't really suspect Formen and Aiwendil, says Gil's and SpM's guilt might depend on each other.

malkatoj: Accuses Abercrombie, Valier and Naria. Thinks that SpM is the Ranger, Gil's the Cobbler, Aiwendil's the Seer and TGWBS is the Hunter. Says it's too early for reasoned arguments, doubts that she'll vote for those she accused to be wolves, suspects Wayne, but says that more likely he's just being himself.

mormegil: Doesn't follow the same laws as SpM, but promises to find the wolves. Thinks Gil might be the Cobbler, says we don't need people like malkatoj who don't have a proper profession.

"If we loosea couple of innocents at least we'll still have useful people around." ~morm
This is no Survivor, my good sir! I can't see how the wolves are more useful to this village than innocents.

Naria: Doesn't trust sandcrabs, says Day 1 is random.

Nilp: Says the wolves are Bethril; Narvi, son of Gimli and himself, votes for himself. Doesn't want to get spawn lynched yet.

(Thanks, but what do you mean yet? )


Interesting...
I understand that it's not easy to come up with a good theory this early, but I'd assume that people can say something else, too, than that things are random on the first day or that they have health problems.
I have to go to make a wreath of flowers on Meneltarmacil's grave, but after that I'll come back and try to offer more help for this glum situation.
__________________
Fenris Wolf
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 04:33 AM   #35
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
So, we already have three votes. One is based on a dancing cat, another is based on some undoubtedly flawless logic that makes no sense to me and the final… oh well… So, Nilp voting for himself definitely indicates… means that… um, let’s be fair, it doesn’t mean anything. Which reminds me, Gil, Wayne, if you wish to live past Day 1, vote for yourself! Look at that Nilpaurion-fiend, it’s the perfect method.

Since this village is full of lunatics – except for me, obviously, you are all just sceptics – and coconut milkers, whatever foul and suspicious thing that may be, I say we should listen to Saucepan Man, because he seems to know what he’s talking about. Then again, he is not really talking about anything, which is quite suspicious in itself.

Quote:
Aside from those three, Saucepan's seeming awfully pompous, he's probably the ranger. Gil keeps talking and he put all those links up and they're confusing, so cobbler. Aiwendil's acting pretty deep and whatnot, so he's the seer. And of course TGWBS is the hunter.
What are you doing, malkatoj, revealing the Gifted so readily! Oh no, now what are we to do?

Quote:
It's quite probably that the majority of wolves are in the group that holds those with no real profession and don't contribute much to the welfare of our village.
Pfwah, and who are you Mr. Elven Smith, to judge who is valuable to this village? Can your crafty weapons save us from the wolves? Were you able to protect poor Meneltarmacil? Besides, I’ll have you know I contribute much to the welfare of this village. I keep TGWBS busy and and and… I can swim. A little. Sometimes. Then again, considering all laws of logic, it is quite likely most wolves are in the group of people without a real profession, simply because that group is clearly in the majority.

Anyhow, I doubt we shall be building a strong case against anyone toDay. Maybe we should lynch Wayne. He’s just a wimp anyway. I also mistrust Shelob and Kath. Kath seems a little over-enthusiastic about the whole thing – if she wishes to see werewolf activity, let her go to Mordor and leave us be - and Shelob… well, just a case of Day 1 xenophobia I suppose.

Finally, are these Bethiril and Narvi perhaps codenames? Should we jumble them, rearrange them and propose some wacked theory concerning their real identities?

I shall be back shortly, with hopefully more sensible things to say. Like Dancing Spawn just did (or at least, tis a brave attempt).
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:37 AM   #36
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, I have returned from getting my medication and I must say that I feel much better today. I have already just briefly scanned the posts and I must say, something strange from our dear lawyer jumped out at me:

Quote:
Now, this court is in session. Let him or her speak who has evidence upon which to base an accusation.
Sounds to me as if he's trying to bring out the Seer to tell us who he/she knows is innocent or a Wolf. This is making me slightly suspicious for the moment. I will return after a brief analysis of everything that's happened throughout the Day.
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 07:22 AM   #37
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Well, after analysing everyone who's posted, I've now gotten more suspicions.

Firstly, Formendacil's vote is rather early. Very early infact. However, I still believe that he's innocent and since our esteemed lawyer will wish to ask me my reasoning behind this, and all other things I come up with, I will give it now. I believe that Form is just being as random as pretty much everyone else is. There is no suspicion in Form that I can ee of as of yet. As to this comment from our historian:

Quote:
Glirdan: Is secretly a Hobbit. Don't let on, though.
I'm not a Hobbit. Sure I might have very curly feet and hair not to mention am only four feet tall. But that does not mean that I am a Hobbt. I'm just a very short Elf. ( )

Second. Gil is being rather confusing with all his talk of being innocent and afraid that we will lynch him. Now, I'm inclined to agree with at least this part of SpM's logic, "Innocent until proven guilty." So, in other words Gil, until you give us reason for your guilt, you're innocent. However, talking repeatedly about us lynching you will make you seem even more suspicious.

Third. Wayne's vote for Form is rather odd and has, as has been said, no logic in it what-so-ever. Definetly seems suspicious, but, is it really a cause of worry? Do we absolutely need to be afraid of him? I believe not. At least not until something drastic happens.

Fourth. Something about SpM is not sitting right with me. It might be because he's trying to find away to get me off the island. Or it might be something else. Maybe it's the quote that I put in my previous post.

Fifth. Morm's wish to be rid of all the lunatics, even though they be innocent, is rather unnerving. More innocents is better than more dead innocents and three Wolves still left. I will definetly watch you more carefully.

Lastly. I have no idea what to think of Nilp's craziness. It's probably just a ploy and he's really innocent. But something about that post doesn't sit well with me.

That's all that I've come up with. There are still those among us who have not said anything or barely anything. It's making me rather nervous. I think I need to go get my medication again. I'm shaking a lot right now.
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 AM   #38
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Cailín's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Lurking in the shadows.
Posts: 713
Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
I wish I could come up with an intelligent plan to make a reasoned decision toDay, but so far, all I can think is throwing people in the water and see if they sink. I’m not sure whether it is wolvish to sink or not, but at least it will tell us something, right?

Random speculations and predictions:

mormegil- If Mormegil is not a wolf, we want to have him around. He makes shiny weapons and he insults random people. Both are nice traits when trying to find wolves. If he’s guilty, SpM will start a lynching campaign against him in about two days, so not to worry.
Garin- He’s been silent so far. If he’s a wolf, he’ll probably be truthful about it or accidentally leave a clue. We would be able to hear him trying to muffle his evil laugh of victory after each spoken word.
Nilpaurion Felagund- We lynch him today, tomorrow, sometime soon. Or the wolves attack him. Or he kills himself. I’m not worried.
dancing spawn of ungoliant- Now dancing spawn is someone who might be a dangerous wolf. Fortunately, everybody thinks so, so she will never get away with it.
The Saucepan Man- If he’s not killed by the wolves soon, we can lynch him out of sheer annoyance.
Aiwendil- Not sure what to make of this shady character.
AbercrombieOfRohan- Eager to make sense and eager to get serious. She gets away with everything, so I suppose we should consider lynching her soon. But then again, I always believe she’s the Hunter. It just fits, doesn’t it?
Shelob- She’ll be eaten during Night 2. If she’s a wolf, we’ll probably lose.
malkatoj- She’s always lupine. Let’s kill her now before she kills us all!
Gil-Galad- He thinks we shall lynch him toDay anyway, so I don’t suppose he’ll show up for voting again. If he’s a wolf, he will believe himself dead. Which is almost as good as having really lynched him.
Glirdan- If he’s a wolf, he’ll probably make some elaborate but extremely flawed plot, leading us to believe Naria is the Werebear, Meneltarmacil was actually the Seer and every single one of us is Cursed. If he’s not, we shall lynch him as an innocent. Probably before Day 5 is over.
Márcolië Lamen- If Márcolië Lamen is a wolf, we will never find out unless she’s shot by the Hunter. Or tries speaking in all capitals.
Formendacil- Right before the end of the game, we shall realise Formendacil is behind it all, like a very skilled puppeteer. We shall proceed to lynch him or he’ll reveal himself as the Seer.
Cailín- If she’s a wolf, she’ll probably get all her fellows lynched and then look smug in the end. Or make an enormous slip and get shot by the Hunter. But she’s not a wolf. She’s a mermaid.
Kath- The wolves will kill her toNight, believing she is the Ranger. Or the Cobbler. Or even if she’s a wolf herself. It hardly matters.
the guy who be short- If he’s a wolf, he will be trying so hard to seem like an ordinary he’ll end up killing himself during Nights. Accidentally, of course, but TGWBS is most capable of deluding himself.
WaynetheGoblin- He’s Wayne. What can I say?
Naria- Easy. If she votes for the same person three times in a row, she’s innocent.
Valier- I think we’re doomed if she is a wolf. Then again, she might admit it between giggles.

Um, yeah. This really is about the best I can do during Day 1. My initial inclination is to vote Wayne (or possibly someone really quiet and sneaky), if nothing interesting happens. I don’t like Wayne's vote for Formendacil (who admittedly gave the best-reasoned accusation so far ) and I fear we shall suspect him sooner or later anyway. But I shall watch developments with interest and I still hope someone might propose a grand, ambitious and perfect plan before the Day is done.

The problem is – people are randomly accusing, which doesn’t tell us much. However, voting always does. Voting is evidence. The only plan I can come up with is the usual: spread the voting. The wolves are likely to spread their votes as well and will probably avoid all jumping on the same bandwagon. I don't think they will dare casting a wolf-on-wolf vote if we spread the votes and don't start early bandwagons, since that would be far too risky and if we could ensure they never vote for each other, voting should tell us something within a Day or two. The only problem and serious danger is that we might lynch a Gifted. That would be bad.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:41 AM   #39
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm
 
WaynetheGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: far far away
Posts: 282
WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I didnt vote for him for his early vote but for the person he voted for.
I voted for him because you never know what someone is going to be.
__________________
if your happy im happy if your sad im sad if you jump of a cliff i watch
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #40
malkatoj
Wight
 
malkatoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: A hovel in Florin
Posts: 186
malkatoj has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to malkatoj
Pipe

So after reading everything over, I think our best bet for today would be to lynch either Gil or Wayne. Though we can't know if they're wolves, they are distracting and it'd be better to have them out of the way before we get to a point where there's real evidence. Since I'm almost sure that Wayne is just being Wayne, I'm more inclined to worry about Gil, as either a cobbler or a wolf.

I'll be back later to vote, just in case anyone else comes on and gives something away, but that is where my suspicions lie for the moment.
__________________
Now, mostly dead is slightly alive. Now, all dead...well, with all dead, there's usually only one thing that you can do--Go through his clothes and look for loose change.
malkatoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.