The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2020, 09:37 PM   #41
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Good night.
Old 05-07-2020, 07:40 AM   #42
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe in 338

One thing I'm wondering about is the very very late timing of the G55 reveal. The options, at increasing levels of bluff, seem to be:
  1. She was trying to get an innocent Brinn killed.
  2. She wanted us to believe (1), but actually thought Brinn was an Infector and knew it was too late.
  3. She wanted us to believe (2), but actually thought that Brinn was innocent and wants us to suspect her by assuming (2) is true.
He is clever, that one! Though I would put a (4). I have to say, for all the talk of "we're gonna ignore G55", there have been quite a few musings thrown around.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:53 AM   #43
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
A little bit of Cobbler55 ...

Well, we agreed on her yesterday, so what do you say to:

++Brinn
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #44
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
A little bit of Cobbler55 ...

Well, we agreed on her yesterday, so what do you say to:

++Brinn
See, I rather like the village stewing about her, regardless of her role. She would not be my first pick if I had to choose from the list. However, then people will say "Cob55 *did* think she was innocent, I was right about yesterDay!", and start wondering what the blazes I am thinking now, which I would also rather like.

You know what? If she's not under too much pressure at the time of the vote, we can make this happen.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #45
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitanna View Post
First, the quote within the quote within the quote, what a formatting nightmare. Second, I was just going to ignore Inzil and hope no one else brought it up. But I knew G55 was a Liar McLiarFace with her pants set ablaze.
*dances in the pants set ablaze cackling*
Old 05-07-2020, 09:12 AM   #46
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Holy guacamole! They post so much. By thw time I am halfway through an analysis post I forget who the poster is.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:20 AM   #47
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I would laugh so hard if both Mac and Brin are wolves, fighting over who you, Rikae, were supposed to have dreamed.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:37 AM   #48
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Rikae does love traps.
Oh dear. I feel dirty for how I read that.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:38 AM   #49
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I would laugh so hard if both Mac and Brin are wolves, fighting over who you, Rikae, were supposed to have dreamed.
Well, at least Mac will always have Boro and his butter!
Old 05-07-2020, 09:58 AM   #50
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Talking about referring to what others have said!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TIG1k20.jpg (95.0 KB, 760 views)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 10:05 AM   #51
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Oh dear. I feel dirty for how I read that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Sorry guys. But you are both suspicious as Morgoth wearing a tutu under the Two Trees. When you mentioned it first, fine. When you clarified that you wouldn't have talked about it if it didn't seem clear that it was "out in the open" anyway, fine. But when you continued battering it even after Kit answered you, I was like, what in the name of all the sons of Fëanor?!?

All in all, your behaviour makes very little sense and we don't like it at all, no, precious.

And I think this debate should never have happened to begin with. Howgh.
It just makes me happy at how naturally we communicate in idioms about tutu-wearing Morgoth and the Sons of Feanor.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:07 AM   #52
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Talking about referring to what others have said!
I am pretty sure there is an old PM in my inbox with so many responses that the initial quote is so squished it only fits short single words across before going onto the next line.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:21 AM   #53
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm going to speak frankly here, my reputation for having a bad temper (Kath talking about it now) really hurts. I was hoping I'd outgrown it and could handle a game without losing my cool and saying things I'd regret, and I didn't even make it one day. This should be my last game.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:27 AM   #54
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Not trying to throw a pity party, I just don't like who I am in these games and I don't think I need to revoke my own "werewolf privileges" because I abuse them.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:37 AM   #55
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm going to speak frankly here, my reputation for having a bad temper (Kath talking about it now) really hurts.
Based on my experience, I wouldn't say you have a bad temper when playing as much as that you are simultaneously so manipulative and direct that it gets reactions from others. I have a temper, which is probably why I often clash with you. You don't take any of my nonsense and aren't afraid to say it, then I get offended and escalate. I didn't mean for us to clash this time specifically, I was searching for any person to pick a fight with. Most people either ignored my pokes or coddled me with explanations, you're one of the few who put their foot down.
Old 05-07-2020, 11:39 AM   #56
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Maybe, but it doesn't change that I eventually got sarcastic and, well, mean, and I genuinely don't like being like that. Even if the other person is deliberately looking for a fight!
Old 05-07-2020, 11:50 AM   #57
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Maybe, but it doesn't change that I eventually got sarcastic and, well, mean, and I genuinely don't like being like that. Even if the other person is deliberately looking for a fight!
I don't think you came across that way. You sounded angry, sure. But it's not like you get angry without good cause. You never took it to a personal level, it was still grounded in the game. I mean, whatever you want to change for yourself, that is by your own concience and reflection. My point is that you don't have to, especially if it's for the rest of us. You aren't doing anything wrong, you aren't playing in bad taste.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:05 PM   #58
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Thanks, I'm glad you didn't see it that way.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:07 PM   #59
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Speaking of gifted roles, as they are doing on the GT, they are ignoring the Hunter, who actually doesn't wanna keep his head down so much that the wolves never target him. Do the wolves prefer to take down the Hunter early, before he gets a better read on them? Or try not to target him at all, so as to prevent him from using his power?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:16 PM   #60
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I have thoughts about that, but I will save them until the demographics of the quarantine shed shift ...

(Hm, if we end up with an evil majority in here, I'd basically be a reverse cobbler!)
Old 05-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #61
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
(Hm, if we end up with an evil majority in here, I'd basically be a reverse cobbler!)
I wish you all the enjoyment in the world!
Old 05-07-2020, 12:32 PM   #62
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I feel you Rikae. You're not the only one who is sometimes embarrassed about one's behavior in WW. In a sense I'm quite happy modding this game as I can be my cool and positive self who just roots for everyone.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:39 PM   #63
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm really enjoying the narrations so far, and the setup feels like a nice refinement of the dead-thread idea!

But you're a legendary player, though. Mac & I were categorizing WW players (in general) the other day and I said you were a category all by yourself. We need another game with some good, old fashioned Nog conspiracy theories.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:43 PM   #64
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
I'm really enjoying the narrations so far, and the setup feels like a nice refinement of the dead-thread idea!
Ditto. I like this better than the empowerment votes and the loads of arguments about how to exploit them. It's almost like regular WW, except you get to discuss things while dead without waiting for Endgame. ^.^
Old 05-07-2020, 12:44 PM   #65
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
We need another game with some good, old fashioned Nog conspiracy theories.
Be aware what you wish for...
Old 05-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #66
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Btw. QT vote is revealed in 15 minutes.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:46 PM   #67
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Rikae, how do you feel about the vote? Any changes of heart?
Old 05-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #68
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I guess Rikae has voted, so it's up to you G to either agree or decide to make it a different one.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:53 PM   #69
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I guess Rikae has voted, so it's up to you G to either agree or decide to make it a different one.
Oh yes. But I'm opening the floor up for second thoughts, should there be any.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:55 PM   #70
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

You have five minutes for it.
Old 05-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #71
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Ok, here goes. My last act of chaos. Let the village chew on this.

++ I abstain
Old 05-07-2020, 12:59 PM   #72
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Fun.

They will never think of that.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #73
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

I am so looking forward to the reactions.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #74
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Couldn't bring yourself to commit, eh? But not making a decision is, of course, still a decision!

Anyhoo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Zil has one of the highest post counts? o.O How is that possibly true?

I think that raises him from 'moderate' to 'probable' wolf in my estimation. Sadly for Mac, with both of them having a vote, it doesn't make me think he himself is less suspicious - accusing your packmate right before one of you gets lynched sounds like a great way to alleviate suspicion of them.

hS
If this were any more fabricated, I'd buy five yards of it and stash it on my porch until I forgot what I wanted to make out of it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #75
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Not what I was expecting or wanted to see.
Now I'm really curious what he would have wanted from a cobbler. G55, I think you missed a signal.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:18 PM   #76
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Edit: crossed with Nog posting the QT vote. Great. Not what I was expecting or wanted to see.
And it begins! Wonder what he *wanted* to see.

Quote:
Couldn't bring yourself to commit, eh? But not making a decision is, of course, still a decision!
Indeed. Your decision actually suits my needs better than a different decision from me would. Besides, as I said, I anticipate 2 hours of attributing the vote to me, which I think it just some extra messing with everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
If this were any more fabricated, I'd buy five yards of it and stash it on my porch until I forgot what I wanted to make out of it.
Lol.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:19 PM   #77
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Indeed. Your decision actually suits my needs better than a different decision from me would. Besides, as I said, I anticipate 2 hours of attributing the vote to me, which I think it just some extra messing with everyone.
It was one I was content to have them see as yours.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:23 PM   #78
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
It was one I was content to have them see as yours.
Duh, or you wouldn't do it.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:24 PM   #79
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Quote:
Now I'm really curious what he would have wanted from a cobbler. G55, I think you missed a signal.
Well, you're welcome to scout for it! I am frankly missing entire *posts* from that thread and am kinda glad I don't have to participate on a GT level.
Old 05-07-2020, 01:26 PM   #80
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Duh, or you wouldn't do it.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!