The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Little Somethin' Somethin' Just For You (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10780)

Snowdog 06-21-2004 08:48 AM

:smokin: I'm an uber-dork Barrowdowner! :smokin:

Niluial 06-27-2004 02:39 AM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A King of the World Barrowdowner!
If you're not already a moderator, you've probably entertained the fantasy. We shall tiptoe around you, Your Highness.
Sure… ;)

Nilpaurion Felagund 07-01-2004 10:47 PM

I'm an angsty teen Barrowdowner?

Yes. He is.

Luthien_ Tinuviel 07-06-2004 01:53 PM

Quote:

I stick out my little finger when drinking any kind of beverage. Its a natural reaction to lifting a beverage-holder in Britain. We Brits have a very slight difference in our blood to the rest of the world's population, completely isolated in our little fingers. It generates a force against most kinds of drink, particularly tea (there is currently a major study being undertaken to discover why) which pushes the finger away from the drink.
Hmm.. does that mean that I'm actually British? I must have some sort of British blood in me somewhere, by your reckoning... which isn't entirely unlikely or entirely undesirable. ;) Huh. I'm a German-Czech-Pole-Brit. Who knew?

Mirkgirl 07-06-2004 02:26 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!

You're better than everyone on the entire forum, and you know it. I hate you. Will you marry me?
Well...... I can't complain I guess... altho I'm a Bulgarian never set foot on the island

Cool test Lush (:

Rimbaud 07-28-2004 06:53 AM

Better late than never

And, naturally, I am a 'Cheeky British Barrowdowner'. Which, is, well, right. Was I the template? ;) Judging by my answers, however, British merely equates to 'having, or soon to have, a drinking problem'.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-28-2004 08:23 AM

Brits cannot seem to handle their alcohol. The continentals drink more than we do but somehow remain perfectly reasonable and rational human beings. Brits, on the other hand, should really stick to the tea.

Elennar Starfire 07-28-2004 09:25 AM

I first got Pretentious Prat, then changed some answers and got Cheeky British.

What? Me, cheeky? Whatever gave you that idea?

The Only Real Estel 07-28-2004 05:13 PM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!
Cheeky? British? Pah...;)

Quote:

You're better than everyone on the entire forum, and you know it. I hate you. Will you marry me?
I am? I do? You do? Will I? :confused: :D

Esgallhugwen 07-28-2004 06:44 PM

At first I got Uber Dork but the description didn't seem to fit considering I'm not at all very good at quizzes and like to hold on to the belief that I still may have a shread of a life left. When I did it for the second time I got Angsty Teen which might be more closer to the mark. But out of the 5 or so times I tried I got Uber Dork so I guess I'm a dork, hello fellow dorks! *waves hands* :p

Elennar Starfire 07-28-2004 07:23 PM

Oh, by the way: Lush, no I will not.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-29-2004 08:49 AM

So is anyone going to accept this marriage proposal? :p

Esgallhugwen 07-29-2004 12:50 PM

*gasp* :eek: But Eomer I hardly know you! *blushes* :o

Saraphim 07-29-2004 02:32 PM

I'll accept that Eomer. Except...wait... We still havn't resolved that issue of what you wear under your kilt.

I'm sorry, I just don't think I could marry anyone who defies centuries of tradition.

InklingElf 07-29-2004 03:26 PM

hehe hahaha

Quote:

Я An Über-Dork Barrowdowner!
You've got little in the form of an actual life besides your Tolkienist pursuits, and you're happy that way. I bet you're great fun in the Quiz Room.
:cool:

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-30-2004 11:13 AM

I was actually referring to Lush's proposal. I wonder if this whole thread was a subtle attempt to find a husband?

As for Esgallhugwen and Saraphim, I don't recall ever making a marriage proposal on the Downs. However, I am now determined to win you over. :D

Morsul the Dark 07-30-2004 11:21 AM

Oh wow this test loves me

I'm get this this

An Uber-Dork!

Esgallhugwen 07-30-2004 12:09 PM

Welcome to the club Morsul , I am one of your fellow Uber-Dork's. :p
Which actually doesn't really work considering I've never actually been in the quiz room, maybe I should go sometime.

Well Eomer I am truly flattered by your determination to win over Saraphim and myself :D

Elennar Starfire 07-30-2004 01:29 PM

Quote:

We still havn't resolved that issue of what you wear under your kilt.
But isn't it obvious? He wears argyle socks, of course!

Saraphim 07-30-2004 02:04 PM

Quote:

Well Eomer I am truly flattered by your determination to win over Saraphim and myself
As am I, Eomer. :D (Where's that evil smily when you need it?)

And Esgallhugwen, I'm an Uber-Dork Downer as well. Eomer will have his hands full winning over two like us. :D (Insert evil smily here)

Esgallhugwen 07-30-2004 02:12 PM

I couldn't agree with you more Saraphim. The Uber-Dorks should join forces and rule the world with our ultimate Uber-Dorkiness. Mwahhahaa *cough*

Argyle socks, what in Eru's name are those? Forgive me, but I know little of socks except that you can wear them on your feet and that it is most displeasurable to get them wacked in your face when they're sweaty and muddy. :p

Morsul the Dark 07-30-2004 02:17 PM

indeed we are the uburdorks we rule all even your computers!

http://mindscraps.com/s/contrib/edoom/downloading.gif

just joking there's quite a few uburdorks then?

Elennar Starfire 07-30-2004 02:22 PM

Argyle socks are the spiffiest socks ever!

http://www.johnhelmer.com/products/78.jpg

Saraphim 07-30-2004 02:34 PM

Yes, Esgalhugwen. We shall rule the world, and we shall take the Argyle sock as our emblem!

Uber-Dorks Forever!!!

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-30-2004 02:59 PM

Exactly what are you implying by mentioning Argyle socks? On second thought, nevermind. I'm not sure I want to know....

I think there may be more Cheeky Brits than Uber-Dorks, y'know.

Elennar Starfire 07-30-2004 07:03 PM

Eomer, I don't know what you were thinking there, but I was just thinking that argyle socks are super-spiff! I want a pair...

Saraphim 07-30-2004 10:56 PM

The Cheeky Brit v.s. Uber-Dork war of '04.

It was a day to be remembered when fighting broke out between these two groups. Tea and biscuits on one side, glasses and suspenders on the other. The noise of the british accents was rivaled only by the roar of elvish curses.

It was, indeed, a day that would live in infamy on the Downs.

Then, in the midst of the fighting, one Cheeky Brit clad in kilt and argyle, attempted to propose marriage to two unsespecting Uber-Dorks.

Gasps arose around the room. The nerds groped for thier inhalers.

What would happen? Would this be the end of neary two long days of war? Would the universal love of Tolkien win out against the reasons for war that I don't quite recall?

And, most importantly, what was this guy wearing under his kilt?

Eomer of the Rohirrim 07-31-2004 11:11 AM

Saraphim, your imagination is rivalled only by your mirth. :D

However, that version of the story is, of course, innacurate. The kilted individual did not attempt to marry anyone, least of all one of the Uber-Dork clan. He merely suggested improper things to the aforementioned females and was promptly slapped in the face. This action sparked the battle to continue.

The cheeky Brits looked dangerous, shuffling around in their cheap suits and spouting lots of terrible double entendres which did mild damage to the opposition. However, the Uber-Dorks came back into it, blinding the eyes of the Brits with their extremely bright and unfashionable cardigans. Now they had the upper-hand, the Dorks caused chaos by spraying silly string all over the place.

What on Earth could happen next? :eek:

Isowen 07-31-2004 02:07 PM

Gandalf. Tea. Wednesday

I am an Uber-dork barrowdowner!
apparently I have little in the form of an actual life outside my tolkienist pursuits, and I'm happy that way. They bet I'm great fun in the quiz room.
I'm not so sure about this as I've never been in the quiz room! but it's on my to-do list, right next to Gandalf. Tea. Wednesday...........ok that's lame and I apologize to all barrowdowners for that, Its just part of my random outbursts of quotes from the hobbit!
Is anybody else an Uber-dork barrowdowner?

InklingElf 07-31-2004 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saraphim
The Cheeky Brit v.s. Uber-Dork war of '04.

It was a day to be remembered when fighting broke out between these two groups. Tea and biscuits on one side, glasses and suspenders on the other. The noise of the british accents was rivaled only by the roar of elvish curses.

It was, indeed, a day that would live in infamy on the Downs.

Then, in the midst of the fighting, one Cheeky Brit clad in kilt and argyle, attempted to propose marriage to two unsespecting Uber-Dorks.

Gasps arose around the room. The nerds groped for thier inhalers.

What would happen? Would this be the end of neary two long days of war? Would the universal love of Tolkien win out against the reasons for war that I don't quite recall?

And, most importantly, what was this guy wearing under his kilt?

:gasps: Where's my inhaler!? One of them stole it from usssss!!!!

As for the kilt issue.............my inhaler!?

Elennar Starfire 07-31-2004 07:51 PM

Quote:

and was promptly slapped in the face.
Ye may have deserved that...

*dumps hot tea on the Uber-Dorks*

Esgallhugwen 07-31-2004 09:54 PM

Woah, a lot has happened in last little while. A war you say? I may be an Uber-Dork but I want a pair of those spiffy argyle socks than I'll have to get meself a kilt. And besides though I am a dork I still have impecable fashion sense, no suspenders or nasty cardigans for me thank you! On the other hand I do love silly string.

Quote:

ye may have deserved that
Deserved it I dare say he did, considering I was one of the above mentioned females.

Ellenar please don't douse me in hot tea. I'd much rather be the piper who plays as the battle goes on to which ever bitter end is fated.

Oooo this is great fun! :D

Saraphim 08-01-2004 12:04 AM

Quote:

ye may have deserved that
Deserved it I dare say he did, considering I was one of the above mentioned females.
Hmmm. Did you notice the LotR parallel there? (Deserves it? I dare say he does...)

Trust to an Uber-Dork to pick up on that.

And I heartily agree by the way. No one suggests inappropriate things to this saraph.

~

The Cheeky Brit was promptly slapped in the face by one of the Uber Dorks, but the other had a special surprise reserved. It was in the form of mace, and not the medieval weapon.

The Cheeky Brit reeled back, revealing that he did, in fact, wear something under his kilt: Argyle underwear.

~

The Evil smiley must return for posts like this.

Esgallhugwen 08-01-2004 12:23 AM

I knew it *points finger accusingly* Once you have Argyle socks your doomed to continue with other garments! uh oh I stated in an earlier post that I wanted argyle socks, not any more I will not continue the insanity! :eek:

How right you are Saraphim, I was very much trying to have an LORism in what I said, after all I am a dork by nature or so the story goes....

Morsul the Dark 08-01-2004 12:33 AM

But without argyle socks the emblm of the uber-dorks your are powerless you are too dee p in now the retreat... I already went out and bought my pair! :rolleyes:

the phantom 08-01-2004 12:58 AM

So what's going on? Are the Dorks and Brits duking it out to see who gets second place? What a waste.

Best is all that matters and the pretentious prats already own that title. Like the quiz says, we're too cool for the forum (but we feel sorry for you and keep coming back).

Bekah 08-01-2004 01:21 AM

So far I've got Good Christian once, Angsty Teenager once, and Pretentious Prat twice.

I've kept pretty close to the truth each time, so I think I'm probably a Pretentious Prat....

Cheers,

~ Elentari II

Son of Númenor 08-01-2004 08:59 AM

...or an angsty Christian über-prat. :D

Esgallhugwen 08-01-2004 01:24 PM

Your right Morsul, tis true, I'm getting green ones or blue ones I havn't decided yet. :rolleyes:

And with our Uber-Dork Argyle socks of Doom we will rule the world!

Eomer of the Rohirrim 08-01-2004 03:14 PM

I was wondering how long it would take for the other 'types' of Downer to get in on this little skirmish.

Rest assured, this conflict has now become a War. Who will win, who?

By the way, does anyone else think its ironic that kilts are being mentioned in tandem with Cheeky Brits? I guess, you'd have to be British to notice that one... :p