The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/index.php)
-   The Barrow-Downs (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A Little Somethin' Somethin' Just For You (http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10780)

Gil-Galad 08-30-2004 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esgallhugwen
Oh but Eomer your ego is all cute fuzzy and cuddly, who wouldn't want to give it a pet now and then? Although it does drool alot....

i wonder if your going to except that Eomer? or if Esgal will stand by it... :rolleyes:

Feanor of the Peredhil 08-30-2004 02:16 PM

Quote:

But to right a wrong (because Fea seems anxious about it) I take back the earlier statement
Only anxious because we females are stereotypically insane. :D Care to join the ranks of craziness? Although if you did, we are certainly in the right forum for it.

Don't I wish I was a Cheeky Brit... then I could be... well... cheeky. I could always "fix" my answers...

Fea

Gil-Galad 08-30-2004 03:25 PM

Though i'm not a female, i must agree with your statement, but i to was a Cheeky Brit in the quiz...cheerio what what

Elennar Starfire 08-30-2004 08:38 PM

*cuddles Eomer's fluffy ego*

Eomer of the Rohirrim 09-01-2004 09:08 AM

....it continues. :D

If there was a 'crazy' category then I think a lot of us would be finding that one. Sanity is a growing problem in this day and age. We must help those afflicted with it by helping them to lose their sanity......

Or, I already went crazy. It did me no end of good.

Esgallhugwen 09-06-2004 06:52 PM

Yes you've already gone crazy *scratches Eomer's ego behind the ear* but than again being dead and all can do that to a person.

Encaitare 09-06-2004 07:57 PM

Whoa, I'm an Uber-Dork Barrowdowner. The strange thing is, I have used the phrase "Uber-Dork" to refer to myself many times in the past. How creepy.

Gil-Galad 09-07-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Encaitare
Whoa, I'm an Uber-Dork Barrowdowner. The strange thing is, I have used the phrase "Uber-Dork" to refer to myself many times in the past. How creepy.

:smokin:
Conincedence? i think not... we must do more studies on this! quickly to the bat cave!

Elennar Starfire 09-07-2004 08:29 PM

I think Eomer's ego is purring...

Esgallhugwen 09-08-2004 05:27 PM

*looks down at Eomer's Ego* Hmmm so it is, its very loud :)

Encaitare welcome to the clan of the Uber- Dorks :D

Saraphim 09-08-2004 09:29 PM

So much attention to Eomer's ego! I'm surprised he hasn't changed from a Cheeky-Brit to a Pretentious Prat. :p

As for me, I've ordered a bumper sticker that says "Uber-Geek" from a site that specializes in the uber-dorky. My car, or "Shadowfax the Nerdmobile" (as my friends have begun to call it) is beginning to turn into quite the advertisement for all of geekdom.

Welcome to the loony room Encaitare! As Eomer said, most of us here would belong in the crazy catagory, so look sharp if you want to keep your sanity in any way.

I myself went mad a while ago, just for a change of pace. I traveled to Africa and took up cruelty to animals, but just as a hobby, you know.

Eomer of the Rohirrim 09-10-2004 07:23 AM

Do giraffes mean anything to you Saraphim? Rather oddly shaped animals.... :D

And I could never be pretentious. As a matter of fact, I'm getting less and less cheeky and more and more worried.

*sighs*

Encaitare 09-10-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Welcome to the loony room Encaitare! As Eomer said, most of us here would belong in the crazy catagory, so look sharp if you want to keep your sanity in any way.
Thanks, heh heh. *shrugs* Sanity's overrated. :p

Bekah 09-22-2004 11:40 PM

Most of this page is devoted to stroking Eomer's ego (and scratching it behind the ear) or the mild worry about the sanity or lack thereof of those who were making Eomer's ego purr. Also to the celebration of insanity in general. But not much on topic, though there were a few references.

Even after Lush came and rebuked you guys, too, for letting her thread deteriorate into something the BW might delete. And some of us said sorry and good point, Lush, thanks, but we still only fawned over Eomer. I'm sure he deserves it, being Scottish and all, but I'm sorry if I started it all off saying that I happen to fall for Scottish accents. Which is true, but has nothing to do with the thread. Moreover Eomer is more than an accent. :p

So - back to Uber-Dorkiness. Or pratting around pretensiously. Or just being good Christian Downers or whatever you get.

And thank you to those who did stay more or less on topic.

If we have nothing to add, I suggest we let this thread lie down for a week or two - which it has been doing - and them bumping it up in case new downers have something to say. And deleting the bumping up post, of course, otherwise it'll just hang around taking up bandwidth space which the BW and mods and other kind people pay for so sensible people can enjoy the Downs.

Cheers, and God Bless,

~ Elentari II

P.S. I can't remember what I got on the test - but I'm a good Christian Barrowdowner. :o

P.P.S. Excuse me, Elennar, but posts are different from spoken words in that pointless ones actually cost the nice people who pay for all this. So while the sentiment is admirable, in all practicality it's actually better if you do take back the stuff you wish you hadn't written by deleting the post in question.

Elennar Starfire 09-24-2004 07:13 PM

Bekah is right...posts deleted, though somewhat belatedly.
I still recommend not posting while high on paint fumes, however. The results can be embarrassing.

Neferchoirwen 09-27-2004 12:31 PM

And yet another faux Brit...

Lush's test congratulates me for being a Cheeky Brit Downer. I admit that I do have fortunate moments and often find myself in VIP moments, I admit that I was also a high school outsider, and a Christian trying to be good as best as I can. Proud to say, though, that I have out grown my gosh-the-elves-are-so-amazing fan phase.

Cheers

Gil-Galad 09-27-2004 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elennar Starfire
Anywho...(did I just really say anywho?) Back to the topic!

i agree... this is getting to be a Eomer Appreciation thread... why not a Gil-Galad apperciation thread, or a Gil-Galad wannabes, or Gil-Galad lovers... or a Gil-Galads social box!? nah that last one might not work but i look so good on that bicycle...

any ways... yeah welcome to the cheeky brit gorup! the best of the best! your job shall be....organize volleyball and bring pie for me... :D

Bywaters 04-20-2005 05:53 AM

Just found this thread over a boring lunchtime. Had to laugh at the outcome...

A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!

Must have been the references to pubs and rain... and cheek?
Very clever. :D

Lolidir 04-20-2005 06:59 AM

Joining the ranks.

i myself am also A Good Christian Barrowdowner! I must agree on this one.

Nimrodel_9 04-20-2005 05:16 PM

Yay! I am an ‹ber Dork Barrow-Downer! :D

ElementFire 04-24-2005 09:18 PM

I'm an angsty teen. heheheh....
never woulda' thought that... :p Ah well, the test has decided!!! I'm an angsty gangsta, so bow to me!!! :D :p
-EF

Tigerlily Gamgee 04-24-2005 09:34 PM

A King of the World Barrowdowner!
I would've never thought I'd be getting that answer! Look out people! Haha :) Fun test, Lush :)

Lush 05-02-2005 09:21 PM

I've checked up on the test, and it seems as though the Russian server is being a bad boy. Perhaps it was owned by Khodorkovsky, or something... *hardy har har*

Hmm, anyway. If it keeps on being weird, I might end up moving the test somewhere more reliable and updating the link.

I'm glad that people still seem to enjoy it from time to time.

wilwarin538 05-10-2005 02:12 PM

The updating the link idea sounds great Lush, it did't work for me. :( :confused: :(

Anguirel 05-10-2005 02:27 PM

Quite. I'm tantalised by the thread but can't, alas, get the link...

Thinlůmien 05-23-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A King of the World Barrowdowner!

If you're not already a moderator, you've probably entertained the fantasy. We shall tiptoe around you, Your Highness.
haha. That's pretty scary - but I'm flattered.

Great test, Lush. Thanks.

Anguirel 05-23-2005 10:25 AM

Thanks for putting up the link, Lush...I appear to be a Pretentious Prat. Huzzah.

Formendacil 05-23-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

If you're not already a moderator, you've probably entertained the fantasy. We shall tiptoe around you, Your Highness.

Most appropriate.

You may begin.....

Now!

wilwarin538 05-23-2005 05:56 PM

My results: (which I absolutely adore)

Thank-you very much Lush that was very enjoyable.

Now start tiptoeing. :D

Imladris 05-23-2005 10:26 PM

Just because...

I decided to take the quiz again and got:

Quote:

Congratulations! You are- A Cheeky British Barrowdowner!
You're better than everyone on the entire forum, and you know it. I hate you. Will you marry me?
I suppose I got tired of the tiptoeing (or lack thereof ;) ) and abdicated my throne...

VanimaEdhel 06-12-2005 02:03 PM

Umm...Lush? I got that I'm a "Good Christian Barrow-Downer." 1. I'm not Christian and 2. I have the dirtiest mind of anyone I know...and that's saying something. I don't know what happened, there...I answered everything honestly. I mean I did say it was raining because I was wearing white, but that's because every time it rains, I am either in a white sundress or a white t-shirt or something along those lines. Ah, oh well...may as well wander out and find a cross to buy.

Lush 06-27-2005 01:26 PM

The quiz has been updated and moved!

Anyone who's been getting weird results lately should try it again. Now it may actually work!

Take care and enjoy!!!

Gil-Galad 06-27-2005 01:30 PM

Quote:

You're fun, fabulous, and full of yourself.

On the surface, you don't quite fit the typical Tolkien fan stereotype, and you love reminding everyone of the fact.

You do tend to bring a unique perspective to the discussions on the Barrowdowns online forum. Keep it up, love.

that is so me... don't you think?

the guy who be short 06-27-2005 01:42 PM

Quote:

You're one of the few, the proud, the British Invasion squad on the Barrowdowns online forum.

You're impossibly witty, and can certainly hold your drink. You've probably never even spilled it on your keyboard.

Remember, Britain is not neccessarily a place of residence, it can also be a state of mind. Oh, and will you marry me?
I'm not sure how I got this... I mean, I am British, I'm just underage for alcohol. I don't even think I ticked any of the alcohol answers...

I am terribly witty though. ;)

Re: the marriage. Could you possibly wait three years? I'll get back to you when I come of age, though I'm worried about the distance...

Feanor of the Peredhil 06-27-2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

On the surface, you don't quite fit the typical Tolkien fan stereotype, and you love reminding everyone of the fact.

You do tend to bring a unique perspective to the discussions on the Barrowdowns online forum. Keep it up, love.
A pretentious prat... you know... the downside to being perfect is that everybody automatically assumes you are pretentious. ;) And I'm not that full of myself... I just pretend to be. And it's tp's fault... he encouraged me.

Balin999 06-27-2005 03:12 PM

Quote:

...the British Invasion squad on the Barrowdowns online forum...
Actually.... I don't think so :)
Though it's true that I can hold my drink.... to some extend
But I don't fell lose to Britain in any way... but well I'll marry you anyway hrhrhr

Kath 06-27-2005 04:12 PM

Well apparently I am an ‹BER-DORK BARROWDOWNER.

Quote:

You really, really embrace your Tolkien. This isn't a mere hobby, this is a way of life for you.

You probably kick serious butt in the quiz section of the Barrowdowns online forum. Either that, or you participate in some amazing RPGs. Or both.

Wear your title proudly, soldier. You make the Man himself proud.
But hey, it seems almost to be a compliment so who am I to argue :D !

arcticstorm 09-06-2005 08:12 PM

It looks like I am a GOOD CHRISTIAN BARROWDOWNER!!!
Quote:

It seems that part of the attraction of Tolkien for you is that it's all good, clean fun with some serious Biblical thematics.

If you put in a good word with the Almighty for me on Judgment Day, I'd really appreciate it.

Oh, and stay away from temptation please.

VanimaEdhel 09-06-2005 08:28 PM

Hmm, I guess this is me:
Quote:

You're a PRETENTIOUS PRAT BARROWDOWNER!

Bergil 11-23-2005 07:40 PM

this test is broken, eh

They think I'm british, eh.