View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 06:02 PM   #17
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I've seen Galadriel's name a lot, but don't forget about Elrond.

Letter No. 246:
Quote:
it appears that Galadriel conceived of herself as capable of wielding the Ring and supplanting the Dark Lord. If so, so also were the other guardians of the Three, especially Elrond.
It says that if Galadriel could, the others could too (I assume it's refering to Cirdan, Elrond, Gil-galad, Celebrimbor, and Gandalf, all of which wore one of the three Elven rings on at least one occasion, at least I think Gil-galad did, I know the others did).

If I say "If team A can beat team B, then team C could beat team B", that indicates that team C is at least equal to team A. Following that reasoning, the others that bore the elven rings were at least as capable as Galadriel when it came to overthrowing Sauron, so don't put her in her own league.

As a matter of fact, perhaps Elrond should be put in his own league, since it says "especially Elrond" would be capable of taking down Sauron, if Galadriel really could.