View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #9
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Morthoron is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Morthoron is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Morthoron is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Hmmm...let me see. I have all of Tolkien's books in hardback editions, but only two, The Silmarillion and Children of Hurin, are verified first editions (Hurin I bought directly upon release, but the Sil I found in a flea-market for $15). I still have my original dog-earred, coffee-spilled, rag-tag paperbacks all taped together and ready to rain pages at any moment.

The only really interesting collectible I have is a set of 13 marquee placards from the release of Bakshi's Lord of the Rings. They were supposed to be destroyed after the movie's run, but a friend who worked at the theater saved them from destruction and gave them to me. They are all appropriately framed and hanging in my library.