The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #161
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Once was a stand alone comment. With what I'm thinking was a play on words.~Fea
Would that happen to be tp's comment about doing a Nogrod?
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #162
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Once was a stand alone comment. With what I'm thinking was a play on words. The second time was... spoken directly.
Thanks. That narrows it down. Now, were the comments in question on the same page, or seperate?
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:40 AM   #163
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Would that happen to be tp's comment about doing a Nogrod?
I must have missed that one.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #164
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Thanks. That narrows it down. Now, were the comments in question on the same page, or seperate?
Separate.
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM   #165
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Votes
Caileom: Nog
Mac: Menel
Nog: sally
Gwath: Nog
Shasta: tgwbs
tgwbs: Fea
Nog-2, Menel-1, sally-1, tgwbs-1, Fea-1

Of these I'd probably vote Nog. I don't have that many options anyway, I've been too lazy/tired to do anything productive today.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 AM   #166
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Seperate? One and two?
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #167
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 3,027
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Apparently, Fea is scared of me. Oh, I'm so proud of myself.

In other news....

Aganzir thinks me innocent at the moment. Wait...what?! Just for that, I ought to give her a pass for toDay.

Who I won't vote for:

Lariren: newbie
the phantom : I'll give him at least another Day
Bowie: newbie
tgwbs: too darned entertaining to vote for
Cailineomer : would like to see more of them
Ilya: still pretty new to WW...and I like her
Aganzir: not sure, but I'll give her the pass for toDay at least
Meneltarmacil: would rather not see him Day One lynched...he gets lynched early too often
Boro: I feel good about him for now so I'll leave him alone toDay

Possibilities:

Kath
Shasta
Nog
Mac
Sally
Fea
Gwath
Gollum


Hmm....

Btw, is the deadline in twenty minutes, or if I recall correctly...has it been put off another half hour?
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #168
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
By the way, I can remember someone talking about the Divo earlier. Why did we decide he should stay hidden?

I mean, it's not like the Wolves can kill him. And if revealed that would keep the baddies from running the little Divo ploys I noted above.

Bleh... I can't think the best now. It's morning. My mind doesn't hit full operation until at least six in the evening.
Well, I've just woken up *contented sigh* so my logic's probably fuzzy, but....

If the diva/devo comes out then we have a known innocent and everyone automatically trusts them. Beautiful. However, if they stay hidden for perhaps a few Days then everyone will give more honest reactions to that person (for instance if I am the diva and Phantom is constantly trying to have me killed perhaps we should look more closely at our Man in Black....and yes, that WAS a gratuituous Princess Bride reference. Deal with it.) thus allowing us to learn more about the others in the game. As for me, I'm fine with the diva staying in the shadows or coming into the spotlight. Either one is acceptable, as it's ultimately their choice anyway.

Erm, gone through up to about the start of the vote rush, so I'll finish catching up and put in my two cents.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #169
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yup, Brinn, 15 now but you're correct.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #170
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
To be completely honest, I have no idea who to vote for. Phantom seems innocent enough, though I wouldn't automatically trust him just because he's the phantom.

Boro hasn't shown any warning signs either.

Macalaure has some kind of odd suspicion of me. Could be innocent Day One behavior, but I still don't like it.

The wild man who be short is being helpful enough, and I like his caveman-speak enough that I'll let him go for now.

He has a good point about Fea, who seems to be going off-topic a lot, speaking in code, and being tricksy as he calls it.

I'm leaning a little towards either Fea or Mac, but not that strongly.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #171
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Why so surprised Brinn? Isn't it just good that I'm able to find you innocent-looking despite how much I usually suspect you?

edit: xed with Menel
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #172
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I must have missed that one. ~Fea
How about the statement that Nog will show us all how to sing?

Quote:
Btw, is the deadline in twenty minutes, or if I recall correctly...has it been put off another half hour?
It's extended by 30 minutes.

Edit: lots of cross posting
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #173
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Ah, Fea! I think I know what you mean now. Because you mentioned Nog before, I was assuming what I was looking for had something to do with Nog. It's something different, yes? If so then I certainly know what you mean.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #174
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh do tell! Okay, well in that case I'm going to look over a couple things again. Sorry about that, I completely forgot it had been extended. Whoops.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #175
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Phantom seems innocent enough, though I wouldn't automatically trust him just because he's the phantom.~Menel
Don't let emotions cloud common reasonable judgement.

Right now the top two that are most suspicious to me, sally and Mac. Sally, I've stated, she's back, I'll wait on her. Mac doesn't appear like he will be back, I don't like his vote for Menel. Looks like an easy way out to slide by the day.
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #176
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm pleased to see that Boro has been noticing quite a bit. But not so pleased he's actually throwing the direct quotes up. Careful lad. Perhaps I don't want attention called to some things. Now, anyway.

And yes, I realize that perhaps you're doing just the opposite. In which case, thanks.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #177
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
So just what is this thing with Nogrod, anyhow? I don't think everyone but Fea and the phantom should be kept out of the loop on this.
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:54 AM   #178
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Boro - good to see you're catching things. Don't drop the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
If so then I certainly know what you mean.
Yes. So... would you rather I let it rest for now?
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #179
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Oh yes, I agree that Sally and Mac are probably up to something. But both of them have pleased me with their reactions. In addition, Mac possibly spotted something and had a positive reaction to it. He could just be playing well as a Critic/Cobbler, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

And Sally, well, I could never bring myself to kill a fellow Nebraskan. If you go after her this early I won't be happy with you.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:56 AM   #180
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Lariren Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the day meets the night
Posts: 607
Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
So just in case I have it wrong about the voting time, I'm going to vote right now for

++Ilya

Solely based on my own hunch.

Though from the looks of it I should be considering Nog.
__________________
Choose treachery, its more fun!
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:57 AM   #181
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Boro - good to see you're catching things. Don't drop the ball.
I have safe hands.
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:58 AM   #182
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 3,027
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
If the diva/devo comes out then we have a known innocent and everyone automatically trusts them.
If the diva comes out, they should not be automatically trusted. Because how do we know it's not a false reveal? Which is why the diva should remain hidden...it'd be better off if they became a target for the wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Isn't it just good that I'm able to find you innocent-looking despite how much I usually suspect you?
Indeed it is....especially since very few seem to find me innocent-looking anymore. How I miss the Days of being an assumed innocent...
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM   #183
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
especially since very few seem to find me innocent-looking anymore. How I miss the Days of being an assumed innocent...
Oh contrare, darling, the problem is that everybody thinks you look innocent.

Phantom?

?
__________________
peace
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM   #184
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Yes. So... would you rather I let it rest for now?
Nothing wrong with calling a bit of attention to it (like we just did). I'm actually hoping it will be spotted by the Critics and Cobbler. The question is, what will they do about it?

And if you're wondering if it's true, I would answer- at least half. Only time will tell you if all of it is true.

Sorry for not saying more, but you must understand that I can't entirely trust you.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:01 PM   #185
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Does anyone have a vote count, or do I need to go back and do it?
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #186
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Votes
Caileom: Nog
Mac: Menel
Nog: sally
Gwath: Nog
Shasta: tgwbs
tgwbs: Fea
Lari: Ilya
Nog-2, Menel-1, sally-1, tgwbs-1, Fea-1, Ilya-1

I think it looks like that now.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #187
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
Meneltarmacil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Posts: 2,287
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, phantom and Fea's secrecy is disturbing, but I think I'll let it go for now and see what comes of it later.

++Macalaure
__________________
I ♣ baby seals.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #188
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Sorry for not saying more, but you must understand that I can't entirely trust you.
Obviously.

I shall back away then. I was merely curious. Now I'm (vaguely) satisfied, and I'll behave myself.

In the mean time,

++MENEL

Because there's nobody else I'd rather lynch, so process of elimination dictates...
__________________
peace

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-07-2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: crossed with a few posts...
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:04 PM   #189
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Oh yes, I agree that Sally and Mac are probably up to something. But both of them have pleased me with their reactions. In addition, Mac possibly spotted something and had a positive reaction to it.~tp
Possibly, give some better options and I'll take it under advisement
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:05 PM   #190
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness
 
Brinniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Posts: 3,027
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I have to leave in twenty minutes and haven't gotten ready yet, so I must vote shortly.

I don't feel like spreading out the votes anymore...among those already on the tally, I'd consider Nog, Sally, or Mac.
__________________
Nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #191
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Votes
Caileom: Nog
Mac: Menel
Nog: sally
Gwath: Nog
Shasta: tgwbs
tgwbs: Fea
Lari: Ilya
Menel: Mac
Fea: Menel
Nog-2, Menel-2, sally-1, tgwbs-1, Fea-1, Ilya-1, Mac-1

I rather didn't lynch Menel today because I don't find him very suspicious. I think I'm just going to vote Nog. Or Mac.

edit: xed with Brinn
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:06 PM   #192
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
If the diva comes out, they should not be automatically trusted. Because how do we know it's not a false reveal? Which is why the diva should remain hidden...it'd be better off if they became a target for the wolves.
Very true. I'm just saying that assuming it IS the real diva, they'd be a known innocent. The possibility of someone lying is a given, but I rather skirted around it. My apologies.


Hmmmm....Nog seems to be a bit off to me. But I've never been terribly good at reading the fellow, and I'm afraid that if I voted him it would be just because he voted for me. At the same time, he was rubbing me as a bit off before he voted me, so I may fall either way.

Mac's vote looks a bit off. Mostly because I can't see too much suspicious about Menel, and it seems a bit....random. I'll go over the little green fellow's posts, though, and see what I can see.

What happened to Phantom and Boro only talking to each other? And why does Fea insist on speaking in code? I'm sure there's a reason for it, but if you have a theory please bring it forward so the village can all benefit from it. Unless you and your beloved Phantom wish to be alone, that is.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #193
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
To be completely honest, I have no idea who to vote for. Phantom seems innocent enough, though I wouldn't automatically trust him just because he's the phantom.

Boro hasn't shown any warning signs either.

Macalaure has some kind of odd suspicion of me. Could be innocent Day One behavior, but I still don't like it.

The wild man who be short is being helpful enough, and I like his caveman-speak enough that I'll let him go for now.

He has a good point about Fea, who seems to be going off-topic a lot, speaking in code, and being tricksy as he calls it.

I'm leaning a little towards either Fea or Mac, but not that strongly.
So of all his 'suspects' (or lack thereof), he votes Mac because Mac suspects him? I lied. Menel does look a bit fishy now. I mean, I may not be happy that people suspect me, but them suspecting me doesn't necessarily make them guilty. Seems much more like a self-preservation tactic than anything else.

I suppose my first three choices are Menel, Nog, and Mac, semi in that order.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 01-07-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: sorry. submitted the post by mistake
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #194
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,449
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
There's a lot of people left, I'll get out of the way and take a gander at what some others are doing...

I wish not to cause Lariren to fear someone else at night, but I can't resist this reference. In fact, this scared the crap out of me - and if anyone catches what I'm referencing, well I'll consider giving you a pass for tomorrow. Because knowing this would moderately be impressive:

Are you ready for tak?
Tak-a-lah, tak-a-wah
tak-tak, tak-a-Mac


I guess to make it more formal

++Macalaure
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:10 PM   #195
Ilya
Wight
 
Ilya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In the cold
Posts: 202
Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I'm here, I'm here! I totally forgot the deadline was 6:30 GMT.

And...I don't get where the Nogrod thing came up because I haven't had time to read page 4. So, I'm gonna try and do that. But...I might just vote for Gollum, because his supicion of Bowie was presented in a kinda weird, off-the-cuff way, and he hasn't amused me as much as all of the heavy hitters running circles around the rest of us.
__________________
Arvedui III has walked to Rivendell!
Ilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #196
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Nog-2, Menel-1, sally-1, tgwbs-1, Fea-1, Ilya-1, Mac- 1

It appears that Fea and Mac have both spotted something and acted well on it. Leave them alive.

TGWBS hasn't played in forever, and he certainly is willing to speak his mind and is entertaining to boot. No reason for him to die today.

I think Nog needs to be given the chance to help us. He will read carefully and analyze and accuse and by the time Day 3 comes I imagine he'll have a good idea about what's going on. Don't kill him.

Sally is great for her Phantom and Princess Bride references. And she's nice to me, and has me quoted in her sig. She must live. She'll be Wolf-killed soon enough, so don't worry about her.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #197
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,725
Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Boro - ah turns out Boro agrees with me about the Cobbler Day 1/2 thing. His 'deal with phantom' plan excludes one wonderful possibility, his early death. Opposite opinions to me on Fea's list, doesn't mean his aren't right. Also disagrees with Mac about Menel.

Gwath - rule confusion as they hadn't gone up at that point. Gets cross with Fea for messing about, I love it. Says Nog is trying to make himself look better by accusing him, not sure of the logic there. Suspicious of Nog, I'd say that's sort of fair, Mac picked up on it being a bit strange as well. Also Lariren for not having original ideas, though I'd say she's doing pretty well with that. Votes Nog.

Agan - jokes about not voting Mac, if they turn out to be wolf buddies I will be very impressed by this early protection system. Oh and yes I do prefer German to French. Good point about the diva/divo in answer to Boro. Suspicious of Mac and Nog - I'd say good reasoning. Retains suspicion of Mac.

Fea - does not actually say that she is a wolf, simply says that Agan's list is right. As it's not an outright 'confession' I'd say that makes her look more suspicious! Pretty much as few conclusions as Brinn came up with, dressed in more language.

Nog - not sure if he was actually suspicious of Gwath when he mentioned him but whatever the case it came across as quite pointed. Alright I do understand why he gets annoyed with people who aren't around much during the Day and I am a terrible offender for that, so for a Day 1 lynch vote I understand where he's coming from. However, given that Mith is our mod I don't believe she'd make a non-participant a wolf. Then mentions that even those with high post counts can actually be saying nothing. Thinks Bowie quite suspicious for the Cobbler remark. Votes sally - so switched quite dramatically from his original 'will vote for a quiet person' idea. Not keen on the inconsistency but he did produce good reasoning for his suspicions.

Lariren - newbie (albeit Fea's friend and therefore probably very well versed in 'Downs culture!) so I'm not going to consider her for voting toDay. Says the diva/divo is in the worst position because if gone after the wolves will know who they are, but what does it matter when they can't be killed. Suspicious of Ilya (fair), Gwath (I disagree). I might just say though to Lariren that mentioning possible Seers out loud is something we don't usually do ... just in case we're right! Ah, which Agan just said, oh well. I like her thinking though.

phantom - kill him, kill him now. I only wish he'd been around last game so I could have had that pleasure! But actually so far he looks alright to me - I like his 'what we know will happen list', it's sadly all so true. Good point about the Cobbler being a real threat for once. Keen on Strongbow.

tgwbs - Wild Man language heretic. But the amusement value makes me want to leave him be for a Day or so. Says kill the confusing ones, this early in the game I'm not sure that's wise, Day 1's are there for those who are good at playing around to do so and thus confuse. Let the wolves try to deal with the Cobbler toNight, focus on the Cobbler during Day 2. That doesn't quite work to me - why offer the wolves even one Cobbler dream. Suspicious of Mac for accusing of being careful whilst being careful, Menel for being careful and trying to deflect attention, Brinn for being careful (see what I mean about half the village being careful?), Ilya for talking in riddles. His suspicions have a good basis to them. Suspicious of Fea for no substance, some suspicion of Menel because he's being careful, wants to vote me! Outrageous! First time I get to play with him in ages and all he wants to do is kill me - oh well. He wants to vote Gollum too though which I do agree with. Votes Fea - apparently because I foiled his 'vote Kath' plot by appearing.

Brinn - list post but not a conclusion in sight, except that she'll be watching me and Boro for past-based reasons.

Ilya - nothing to say she says. I'm sure she's usually more verbose than that even in as busy as village as our 48 Day/night one - fishy I say. Good points about the Soulmates, no one else has even mentioned them so far. Lover roles are always dangerous ones.

Strongbow - says the Cobbler can be left til Day 2 but I don't entirely see the logic. If we're agreed that the Cobbler is pretty much as dangerous as the wolves then we should try to get any/either even Day 1.

Mac - says phantom and Ilya are trustworthy, Menel and Agan are not, but no reasoning. Ah Menel is because he is too careful. How so? It's Day 1 and I don't see a difference between his behaviour and that of most of the village ... oops sorry Mith, I mean contestants. Votes Menel - has been consistently suspicious of him all Day, for perhaps not brilliant reasons but it is Day 1 and Menel has been a Fenris before as I recall so maybe Mac has seen something there.

Gollum - says he will be making daily posts, I'm waiting for the deluge of posts from Nog/tgwbs/Boro going 'kill the quiet ones' and see how he reacts. Says Strongbow is suspicious but no reasoning.

Shasta - pops up, no content, votes tgwbs with no reasoning. Really had better hear more from him toMorrow if he doesn't end up dead as a no trail kill.

Cailin/Eomer - votes Nogrod because of his indecisiveness. Well, it has led to his downfall in the past so I won't argue, and it was a very early Day 1 post.

And I have nothing on sally or Menel - they were in the list when I was noting down things but I just had nothing to say. Therefore they're either great under the radar wolves or innocent.

So, for me:

Suspicious:
Gwath - now usually I'm the only one supporting him because I'm used to that slightly abrasive style, but this time there's some off logic as well.
Ilya - for saying she was overwhelmed despite having been in Fea's village.
Strongbow - odd Cobbler reasoning.
Fea - for not managing to reach any conclusions.

Innocent:
Agan
Lariren
phantom

No idea:
sally
Menel
Shasta
Cailin/Eomer
Boro
Mac
Nog
Brinn
tgwbs
Gollum - but if he doesn't give us anything useful toMorrow he goes on my 'lynch on principle' list, otherwise it's just like having Gil again.
__________________
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #198
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci
 
Feanor of the Peredhil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: perpetual uncertainty
Posts: 5,956
Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Votes
Caileom: Nog
Mac: Menel
Nog: sally
Gwath: Nog
Shasta: tgwbs
tgwbs: Fea
Lari: Ilya
Menel: Mac
Fea: Menel

Nog-2, Menel-2, sally-1, tgwbs-1, Fea-1, Ilya-1, Mac-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Unless you and your beloved Phantom wish to be alone, that is
I've always had a bit of an exhibitionist streak...

No, that was a very staged discussion, as I'm sure he knows, hence the caution on both of our parts.

If we were Lovers, I'd just PM him. If we were critics, I'd just wait twenty minutes and PM him.

That? That was a public experiment.
__________________
peace

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 01-07-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: crossed with 191 on; edit 2: sorry, i meant 193.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #199
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
So of all his 'suspects' (or lack thereof), he votes Mac because Mac suspects him? I lied. Menel does look a bit fishy now.
If you're innocent, you know that everyone suspecting you is not suspecting a wolf but can't know if it happens by accident or intentionally, so I don't think retaliating is usually suspicious.

edit: xed with about five people since Boro. Nice that you're all posting now.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:12 PM   #200
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness
 
Kath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Perusing the laminated book of dreams
Posts: 4,725
Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ooh should mention, that's only based on up to the end of page 4 as I've crossposted with everyone since then.
__________________
“If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.”
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:21 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.