The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum


Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #441
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,448
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I'm sorry Lommy, when did I hint at you? I only said that I thought your paranoia was due to having your bororadar being flushed down the toilet because of the previous two games, but I wasn't going to write that off as the reason. Now supposedly I'm hinting to you? Umm...where? You came up with a completely bogus theory that I'm the cobbler because I said "steering" and that is close to "seering." Now you're just running with it declaring I'm a cobbler.

And quite frankly, I'm sick of the bogus suspicions that have been thrown all around by phantom, sally, Lottie and now you Lommy. Granted, I realize I'm totally an untrustworthy and tricksy person, and normally with just the baseless suspicions I ignore it. Maybe I should, but it appears to be happening all to frequently right now and by people who I wouldn't expect would just throw out indefensible accusations that can be summed up as...

"I have a fb impression of Boro" (Nog)

"Boro's suspicious. I'm voting for him." (sally)

"I think Boro looks the worst." (phantom)

"Boro said steering! That's like saying seering! Cobbler!" (Lommy)

Come on Lommy, you know I say "see" all the time and know that's never a seer hint, it's just a word I always use. Now apparently I can't say steer without it being some kind of hint.
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #442
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I wouldn't be that quick to disregard the possibility of her being the seer.
If she was, she was extremely stupid to suggest the scenario of a wolf going kamikaze and making a seer-reveal on the dead thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
That he was worried about them finding out his alignment - which would point at his being a wolf. Of course the most sensible thing a basically known cobbler can do in Mandos is to be as chaotic as possible, so I don't know.
And he alone could convince innocent!Mänwë and innocent!Shasta to leave him be? I thought Nerwen had something more drastic in mind. I have the feeling someone's keeping information from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
Three are dead and It was clear from Shasta's post. There aren't very many posts today and surely his are the ones were are all interested in. Rather suprised that you aren't.
I didn't say I'm not. In fact, I think he could talk more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Because you were one of his top suspects.
How does a cobbler's top suspect equal innocent? Or just trusting phantom's brainpower that much?


edit: xed with Boro
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM   #443
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I'm sorry Lommy, when did I hint at you? I only said that I thought your paranoia was due to having your bororadar being flushed down the toilet because of the previous two games, but I wasn't going to write that off as the reason. Now supposedly I'm hinting to you? Umm...where? You came up with a completely bogus theory that I'm the cobbler because I said "steering" and that is close to "seering." Now you're just running with it declaring I'm a cobbler.

And quite frankly, I'm sick of the bogus suspicions that have been thrown all around by phantom, sally, Lottie and now you Lommy. Granted, I realize I'm totally an untrustworthy and tricksy person, and normally with just the baseless suspicions I ignore it. Maybe I should, but it appears to be happening all to frequently right now and by people who I wouldn't expect would just throw out indefensible accusations that can be summed up as...

"I have a fb impression of Boro" (Nog)

"Boro's suspicious. I'm voting for him." (sally)

"I think Boro looks the worst." (phantom)

"Boro said steering! That's like saying seering! Cobbler!" (Lommy)

Come on Lommy, you know I say "see" all the time and know that's never a seer hint, it's just a word I always use. Now apparently I can't say steer without it being some kind of hint.
I'm not meaning to insult you by silly suspicion, but I think I had a fair enough point. If you say you believe someone is "steering" it looks too much like "seering". This is not to say you're stupid - quite the contrary, I can't come up with many subtler ways of hinting at the wolves you think somebody is the seer if you're a cobbler yourself. And everybody knows such a scheme is not past you by any means.

As for you hinting at me, well, that's what this (previously quoted) comment sounds a lot like:
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
I actually feel quite good about Lommy, even with that completely erratic cobbler hinting thing that I supposedly did...? I think Lommy's just trying to recover from smashing up her bororadar from the last few games that she is forcing herself into seeing everything I do as some twisted evil plot, as a form of revenge. Even if I think she had a nice working bororadar. It just needed updating, like a 2.0 version, or Bororadar Premium Edition.
Basically the things you say are: 1) You feel good about me. 2) I think you're a cobbler. 3) I'm unsure because my bororadar is brokey. 4) In truth, my bororadar is fine (although it needs a little update). Ergo, you're saying my bororadar is fine when it says you're a cobbler, Or (hey, just realised, and this is even worse!) it's a bit off because you're not actually a cobbler this time - but a wolf? That's all rather fishy, says I.

That's quite a to the point summary why I think you're doing fishy stuff and it all adds up quite nicely to you being a Bobbler (yay to Greenie for the nickname!).
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:01 PM   #444
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,448
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Basically the things you say are: 1) You feel good about me. 2) I think you're a cobbler. 3) I'm unsure because my bororadar is brokey. 4) In truth, my bororadar is fine (although it needs a little update). Ergo, you're saying my bororadar is fine when it says you're a cobbler, Or (hey, just realised, and this is even worse!) it's a bit off because you're not actually a cobbler this time - but a wolf? That's all rather fishy, says I.

That's quite a to the point summary why I think you're doing fishy stuff and it all adds up quite nicely to you being a Bobbler (yay to Greenie for the nickname!).
No. What I said translates to. I feel good about you, even though you came up with this super far fetched reason to say I'm the cobbler. Oh, I forgot we must suspect everyone who suspects ourselves. No one who is innocent can ever be wrong.

So lemme be more blunt (and if this comes off as condescending I'm sorry now. I'm not insulted by anything you've or anyone else said). You were wrong then, you're still wrong now. Only then I wasn't going to hold it against you, because innocents especially can be wrong, and I thought you were trying to enact some playful Day 1 revenge since the last two times you've been wrong about my role. But now I see you're actually serious and this is worrying me. However you interpret from me saying "I feel good about you, even if you are wrong about me" as me giving you a cobbler hint and thinking you're a wolf, I haven't got a clue. And now you've turned my clear cobbler hint to you, into some kind of hint saying I'm a wolf?

You say I'm fishy? Really? Yet you've completely ignored baseless suspicions that are piling up against me. You don't think that's fishy? You're more thoughtful than this, Lommy. I hope you're a baddie, because I would hope an innocent Lommy wouldn't stand for the snow job against me right now, even if she was honestly suspicious of me for good reasons.
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:11 PM   #445
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Nessalysis

Day 1

Post #79

First post of the Day and she says this:

Quote:
And to move on to more productive matters.... This will be just as difficult for the wolves, yes? They won't know who it is they kill, so our information is equal.
A lot of...well...nothing...Nothing of true substance, nothing that is really, as she put it, "productive". She says things that have alredy been said or is just common knowledge.

Post #102

Again, nothing. A one line post saying she doesn't know who to vote for. Doesn't give any thoughts of her own on anything that was said up to this point, doesn't share her thoughts on anybody else. Nothing.

Post #138

Finally gives some thoughts of her own on something that Fea had said, more specifically about Fea's "Deadifying active players" plan. States that she will vote randomly and I quote:

Quote:
my Day 1 vote will probably be random, and based on knee-jerk reaction, in a wonderfully useless fashion.
Then goes on to banter.

Post #147

Her vote post, voting for Legate (the first one for him of the Day) with this as her reasoning.

Quote:
Because he voted me. And he's useful/won't muddy the waters in the dead thread.
and then goes on to say this:

Quote:
Dear heavens, someone shoot me. I just made the worst vote ever, didn't I?
The one thing I like about this is that she did kind of follow through with how she was going to vote. I say kind of because she did give a reason for the vote, although it was out of pure spite.

Day 2

Post #323

First post of the Day. Responds to Legate, admitting her vote was a throwaway and says this to Greenie:

Quote:
I also see why Greenie would suspect me, but I'm just being honest. After all, ordos have nothing to lose from honesty-we just have to find some wolves.
A valid enough answer and reasoning.

Quote:
Aaand, Nog seems to be ruffling everybody feathers, and the whole situation makes me upset. This is more "aggressive" than I've ever seen him in my admittedly small number of games with him, but he doesn't seem to think that of himself. However, the distrust of the other players looks odd. Just plain odd.
I have no idea what to make of this. I wouldn't mind hearing an explanation from her on how everyone else's distrust of Nog is "odd". This is a game of Werewolf. It's what we do, distrust one another until someone is proven innocent.

Quote:
And the whole Shasta stuff makes sense to me. I don't know who I'll vote. It won't do any good to toss my vote like yesterDay, since it wouldn't affect the lynch, but I don't want a double-lynch. That leaves bandwagoning.
Again, not sure what to make of this. I do know that I don't like this. It doesn't "leave bandwaggoning". Vote for who you think is guilty, not who everyone else is voting for.

Post #336

Votes for phantom because she believe Nog (this was before Agan snapped her trap on Nobbler) and then is gone the rest of the Day. I will give her credit for following her own gut instinct on this one instead of just following the masses.

All in all, I am not very fond of Nessa, she seems to be latching on to everything other people are saying and really only making her own decisions with her votes, which haven't been all that helpful either. I'm tempted to believe one of the following two scenarios: 1) She's a Cobbler or 2) a very confusing innocent.

EDIT: X'ed since last
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf

Last edited by Glirdan; 01-30-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #446
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
A Little Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,586
A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Aganzir - Beren, obviously. I heart her for her trick yesterDay.
Shasta - Lúthien, obviously.
Glirdan - He struck me as a likely Cobbler early on, saying that Shasta behaved the same way he did as a Seer. I still think Glirdy might be a Cobbler though there hasn't been new points to that direction. So not sure.
Elra - I seriously want to take a look at her.
Nerwen - She's always difficult to read but I'm leaning towards an innocent Nerwen at the moment.
Loslote - Still leaning innocent.
Wilwa - Another I need a look at.
Legate - Nothing alarming this far, he seems his usual innocent self.
Lommy - Was suspicious on Day 1, okay on Day 2, and now my alarms are going off again. I think she's grasping at straws with her suspicion of Boro, and seems overall nervous.
Nessa - Another I feel bad about. Her Legate vote was fishy, and I'm not sure what to make of her phantom-vote either. Seems awfully easy to me.
Sally - I might want to take a look at her, too.
the phantom - Leaning innocent.
Boro - I don't have much on him, either way.
Mithalwen - Still baffles me a lot. Could be anything.
Anguirel - Likewise.

Argh. I'm not happy with how many people I have no idea about. The way this is going, my vote will probably be for Lommy or Nessa. I'd like to take a look at some of our less vocal players before voting though.


EDIT: x-ed with Boro and Glirdy
__________________
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:31 PM   #447
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'd like to officially add Bobbler to the glossary.


Okieday, kids, I'm back. I have many things to do while on the webs, but I'll read through the thread and try to make some sense from this chaos.

And Shasta? I'm glad to have you back, my defrosted darling. <3
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #448
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Boro

DAY 1
Phantom assigned a role to everybody at the beginning of day 1 calling Boro a cobbler. Boro made a sports-related joke in return. Nog pinged on his radar after like one or two posts because he was the first to start talking serious stuff. According to Boro, he was trying to steer and spin what he wanted to spin and looked bleaker than the situation merited.
He was feeling good about Lommy (who had called him a cobbler):
Quote:
--- Even if I think she had a nice working bororadar. It just needed updating, like a 2.0 version, or Bororadar Premium Edition.
He chastised Glirdan and Legate about exaggerating his early suspicion of Nog, and voted for Legate. This looks reasonable enough, unlike most other things he said or did on day 1.

DAY 2
He explains his Legate vote a bit further, then says that in a game like this it's important to keep the voting close. This rings false to me. Firstly, it makes multiple lynches easier. Secondly, if someone appears much more suspicious than the others, the village usually wants her dead. This doesn't happen if we don't bandwagon. Thirdly, the votes don't have to be even in order for us to learn what the DL voters think.
He had Greenie, Nerwen, sally, me (to be honest I'm quite upset about my threat level being considered that of a koala ) and Fea listed as Koalas. Nog and Glirdan looked the worst to him, and he considered voting for one of them or the phantom. He's convinced at least one of them is evil, probably more (Glirdy at least a cobbler, Nog looking desperate). He disapproved of Greenie's plan to vote for Nessa just because she might be an easy bandwagon target if people start having doubts about lynching one of the aforementioned three.
He then voted for Nog, saying it's no good to insinuate players are cheating and he's confident about his vote.
After Nog's revelation, he said there's no way to prove if he's telling the truth. He didn't make up his mind about him at all. He then discussed why Nog said the phantom was a cobbler - if he was a wolf, it would've made more sense to offer the name of a fellow if he wanted us to believe him, but saying someone is a cobbler isn't the best way to save oneself. When I first read this I thought it was Boro's explanation for believing Nog's claim (which I found extremely fishy) but now that it isn't 4 am anymore, I see it wasn't the case and it actually makes sense. Hmm okay then there's his next post where his opinion changes (after phantom corrected him about the rules) so I don't know what he meant after all...

I think Boro could go either way. Especially some of that Lommy stuff and the thing about keeping the votes even. Suspecting Noggins doesn't tell us much about Boro because Nog was probably a cobbler and therefore they wouldn't have known of each other even if both are baddies.

I have been writing this on and off and haven't really read anything after my last post. Will be back later.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:37 PM   #449
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,899
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
.

I didn't say I'm not. In fact, I think he could talk more.
No you didn't say but your posts show you didn't even bother reading to the second sentence of his only post!

Now the only reason I can think of for not scouring his every word is that he can tell you nothing new ie that you already know who is a wolf or not.
__________________
“But Finrod walks with Finarfin his father beneath the trees in Eldamar.”

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:03 PM   #450
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
A Little Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,586
A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
A quick look at Elra. DOES NOT include full quotes of all her posts, only the extracts I thought were or could be relevant.

Day 1

Quote:
Anyhow. Most unhappy with not having a very good read on anybody yet.

Legate, Nog, and Agan are of course posting their usual tomes. Lommy seems a little more...confused...than usual. (Though who am I to talk about "usual", this being only my third game ever...) phantom is on my good side at the moment. Despite the incessant chatter (joke), he seems to be thinking things through in a more, erm, down-to-earth fashion than other tome-writers (sorry, Legate and Co.).
So Lommy is confused an phantom looks good.

Quote:
This is the way my brain is working too... The train of thought goes: "Okay, we want to kill the baddies. But we also don't want to make malicious ghosts. Crap."

This tension between Nogrod and Shasta worries me somewhat. Hrmmm.
Quote:
++Nogrod

Partly because Shasta's overreaction makes him seem innocent. And if Nog's not guilty, then he'll be a helpful ghost.
So, the tension between Shasta and Nog is worrying, Shasta's reaction looks innocent, so she votes for Nog. I'm not sure of the soundness of this logic (given how wrong innocents can be of each other), but for Day 1 it looks fair enough.

Day 2
Quote:
Oh dear, oh dear. Poor Shasta.

I still don't know quite what to make of yesterDay. Manwe's been killed, for reasons beyond me. That whole Shasta vs. Nog thing was troublesome, and probably why Shasta got dead. Makes me worry about Nog. And phantom is a bother at the back of my brain. Something seems off about him, despite his sense-making. Or maybe that's just him. So many people in this game that I haven't played with before...this makes for an uncomfortable lack of predictability.
The first line looks fabricated, but then, I think that every time someone expresses misery over a Night kill. I'm not a fan of the tone of the second paragraph either, but can't really pinpoint what exactly is off there.

Quote:
Dear me. I don't like any of this at all. Nog, the seer?!? What? Gah. He could very well be being truthsome, and tp etc. ganging up on him to distract. Or he could be trying to fool us all into going after tp, which people will undoubtedly be willing to do, considering phanty's verbosity. I simply don't know which faction is right. Both of them have been pinging my "uh-oh" radar. I may abstain today if this goes on much longer.
Looks like honest confusion, but I don't know how much can be read to that - after all, there's no reason why that situation would have been any less confusing to a wolf (unless either Nog or phantom is one, of course).

Quote:
Abstaining. At this point om not going to change the outcome, and I don't think I can condone either side. Sorry, all.
Day 3

Only one post this far.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
As far as this, I should clear up that I'm in no way interested in voting for the phantom today or even if we did find out about Nog's role. That's outloud thinking that simply because Fea died and Nog looked evil, doesn't mean phantom looks better, or I'm not understanding how he looks better.
I agree with you on this. phantom still seems fishy, but not to the point of being wolfish. There are much better targets to be examined than him.
What caught my eye about Elra's posts is how her opinion on the phantom changes. Day 1 he feels good, Day 2 he seems off and has been pinging her "uh-oh" -radar, and Day 3 he still seems fishy but there are better candidates. Generally Elra's leaning more innocent than not. Her first post on Day 2 is slightly fishy, but other than that I caught nothing that would point to evil intentions.
__________________
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:07 PM   #451
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Wilwalysis

Day 1

Completely absent (only remembered that the game started when she got a phone call from me reminding her).

Day 2

Post #228

Just saying she was here and getting caught up on everything.

Post #231

Quotes something from Boro and says that she would have said the same thing (and reading what Boro posted and the tone in which it was said, I could definitely see Wilwa saying the same thing).

Brings up a very good point about the voting:

Quote:
Alrighty. So not much can be taken from Manwe's lynch, because we have no idea what he is. We can still suspect/trust people based on their votes (all votes, not just those for Manwe), but not in the usual way. Usually we can say "X voted for Y, who we now know is innocent, so...", but now it's more based on why they voted for people, so if they gave good reasoning, or if it seemed random, and so on. It's an interesting situation, cause now someone can look bad to us because of how they voted, but for all we know they actually voted a wolf (which would make them look awesome), but we don't have that knowledge. It's all just so crazy.
Thinks I don't look like a Wolf because of my "Last-time-Shasta-was-a-Seer" comment, but states that she could believe me to be a Cobbler but also says this:

Quote:
Or Shasta's death is totally unrelated to Glirdy's comment, and more related to the fact that people seemed to like him a lot (though this doesn't exclude the possibility of Glirdy being a Cobbler, he could still have meant to hint at the Wolves but the Wolves just killed Shasta for a totally different reason).
Post #327

Focuses on Nog's Seer reveal, incling to believe him.

Quote:
I am inclined to believe him. This would be a rather crazy bold thing for a Wolf, or even a Cobbler to do, on only Day 2. And I can understand why he felt he had to reveal, what with the Lovers in the position they're in, and people seeming to want to vote for him. Now he'll be safe for toNight, and then he can dream of people as they die, and hopefully the Ranger lasts for a while and can provide us with a bunch of those dreams later on in the game (even if it's just dreams of dead players, that's still super useful, cause it'll be information that we can use to find connections between people).
This is definitely a very logical statement, and one that I feel a Wolf or Cobbler would not make. I don't know why, I just feel like the statement screams innocent. I just feel like a Wolf and/or Cobbler wouldn't make a statement that bold or reveal a possible plan of attack.

Goes on to say that she would rather no lynch phantom.

Post #363

Says this in response to Agan's trap:

Quote:
This is the bestest thing ever.
Post #368

Agrees with Angu (there, better then Toppins?? ) about feeling silly about trusting Nog and agrees that he is definitely not the Seer.

Post #372

Votes Nog

All in all, I'd say Wilwa seems fairly innocent to me. The tone of her posts and the way she's posting says innocent. The only downside is the frequentness of her posts....or I should say, lack there of.

EDIT: Xed since last...again
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #452
Glirdan
Energetic Essence
 
Glirdan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Where Lark Nor Eagle Ever Flew
Posts: 3,449
Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Sorry for the double

And Greenie just did the Elra analysis for me, which I will read up later, but for now, I must depart for supper. I also have a rehearsal I have to leave for in about two hours and will be there for three hours, so if I do not make an appearence before my rehearsal, expect me back afterwards for voting.
__________________
I'm going to buy you a kitty, I'm going to let you fall in love with the kitty, and one cold, winter night, I'm going to steal into your house and punch you in the face!
Fenris Wolf

Last edited by Glirdan; 01-30-2011 at 03:12 PM. Reason: grammar
Glirdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #453
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady
 
A Little Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,586
A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
I have to go to sleep now. So I'm going to go for

++ Lommy

Because out of my current top suspects Lommy and Nessa, she's the one that I find a less likely innocent. She quite simply isn't herself at all, she's jumpy and nervous and making weird arguments.

Good night!
__________________
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:54 PM   #454
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 3,031
Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Oh, not even her seeming certainty that Shasta wasn't the seer or her reluctance to believe Nog?
I wouldn't think so. I mean, I don't think Fea was the Seer, and that doesn't mean that I myself am. And Fea wasn't the only one to distrust Nog's reveal. When it comes to Seer candidates, I'd think the wolves could have found stronger ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
How does a cobbler's top suspect equal innocent? Or just trusting phantom's brainpower that much?
It hardly certified your innocence, but it did make me more hesitant to distrust you. After all, when you have two suspects, one of which is suspected by a 'cobbler' and the other of which is suspected by a 'seer', which are you going to want to vote?
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #455
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic
 
Shastanis Althreduin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In fire, water, earth, and air. But mostly water.
Posts: 2,832
Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Regarding the dead thread

The votes on Manwe came about as follows - I was quite vocal about Nog, and voted him just as soon as Night started. Nog came on and we dueled for a while, but he was very calm about his impending reveal, even going out of his way to vote for himself. I decided that he was a cobbler at that point (had been leaning that way for some time), and retracted my vote to switch to Manwe, whom we knew nothing about but /was/ lynched (Nog's actions being such that I felt he knew he'd turn up 'not a wolf'). Manwe then came on and voted for himself, making it 2 for him and 1 for Nog.

I also told the dead thread to always vote for the lynched player for the role reveal - anyone killed by the wolves is by definition not a wolf, so a revelation of them is a waste.

In other news, Nog is still claiming that Phantom is a cobbler. Manwe would like Boro, among others, looked at. Oh, yes, and Fea is high on Nog's suspected list. Anyway.

Lommy's actions today are striking me as odd, but not wolfish-odd - they look more to me like a Prelude to Chaos in C Minor - that is, a lead-up to a chaotic cobbler play. The main person I'm looking at is Lottie, who defended Nog yesterday.
__________________
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #456
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion
 
Loslote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 3,031
Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
The main person I'm looking at is Lottie, who defended Nog yesterday.
I would have done the same thing as an innocent or as a wolf. As an innocent, I believed his claim. I supported him because I didn't want to lynch our Seer. As a wolf, I still would have believed his claim. I would have supported him to try and avoid a Seer dream. After all, lynches you can fight against. Seer dreams you can't control. As a cobbler is where I'd have done it differently. I still would have believed his claim. And, as a cobbler, I'd have attacked him. As a cobbler, I wouldn't fear a Seer dream - if I died, I died, no biggie - but I would like to see the Seer lynched, so that they wouldn't dream of any wolves.

So, basically, the only thing you can learn from my defense of Nog is that I'm either innocent or a wolf or a lying cobbler, and that I'm a little bit guillible.
__________________
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
Double Fenris
Loslote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:12 PM   #457
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul
 
Mithalwen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: watching the wonga-wonga birds circle...
Posts: 9,899
Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
There are a lot on the dark side this game but not an infinite number - some of the people playing silly beggars have to be wolves..they can't all be cobblers esp if the BG hypothesis is correct. Lommie hasn't been as I remembered her this game. Either she has become disengaged or she is up to something. If I had to vote now it would be for her but I can hang fire for a bit.
__________________
“But Finrod walks with Finarfin his father beneath the trees in Eldamar.”

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:14 PM   #458
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,560
Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right, I am around now, though really not much in the state for playing (feeling incredibly tired, almost to the point of exhaustion, seriously).

Generally, there hasn't been even too much said... the things that have stood out for me is the debate about Boro, which may have its merit, and also some of the points Greenie had brought about elra in her analysis are interesting. Otherwise, general comments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Hmmn. It is my feeling that a cobbler posing as the Seer is still more dangerous on the Living than the Dead thread. So I'm not sure the people who voted him after that look as bad as you think. I mean, the way things were going at that time, the alternative candidate was phantom (also as a supposed cobbler.) Though, I guess it's interesting that everyone appeared to see it as one or the other. I mean– why?
Well, phantom was there probably because Nog has labeled him as a dreamed-of Cobbler. So I think otherwise, the "two camps" existed most likely simply because of Nog's revelation.

As for the dangerousness of the Cobbler, well, after a Night or two, if he wasn't targeted, it would become clear that he is not what he claims to be. Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I agree the baddies might have been voting for him though, especially if one of their own was suspected. But I don't think it's bad we lynched Nog. If we want to achieve anything, we have to kill the baddies, all of them not just the wolves. I don't like how Legate keeps insisting the cobblers are of secondary importance.
They are not - but it is a bit different from other games, and especially under the circumstances like these, lynching a Cobbler a) prevents you from lynching a Wolf (so the Cobbler is partially fulfilling its purpose), b) with so low numbers, the Cobbler can start making a mess in Mandos. And he also cannot be distinguished anymore from an ordinary innocent (or gifted). So, like this. I think in general it would have been more advantageous for the WWs yesterDay to lynch the Cobbler than for us. Something like that.

Okay. I am afraid I won't get to my Nerwelysis, which I wanted to make, or I can try, but depending on how much she had posted... otherwise, I might just slowly decide my vote... there are several options, I am still circling more or less around the Nessa-phantom-maybe Lottie (?) or also Ang - circle with Lommies/Boros/some of the abovementioned being also possibly a Cobbler... (and now interested about Elronhubbard and still having Nerwen to look at)

EDIT: x-ed after LG's vote, with Lottie, Shasta, Lottie, Mith
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #459
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman
 
Boromir88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 7,448
Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.Boromir88 has passed beneath the Argonath.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
When I first read this I thought it was Boro's explanation for believing Nog's claim (which I found extremely fishy) but now that it isn't 4 am anymore, I see it wasn't the case and it actually makes sense. Hmm okay then there's his next post where his opinion changes (after phantom corrected him about the rules) so I don't know what he meant after all...
I never truly believed his claim, but I thought the reason baddies make fake reveals is the desperate attempt to save themselves for at least one more day. However, I thought if a wolf-Nog was truly trying to save himself it would have been far easier to just say he didn't have a wolf, or if he was going to name someone as a baddie, than to name that person as a wolf. To me, calling phantom a cobbler wasn't a sure fire way for Nog to save himself, which is the objective of an fake reveal.

At that time I didn't come to any sure conclusion about Nog's reveal, but I wasn't really believing it either.

Then when phantom pointed out since the cobblers aren't going to be revealed in the dead thread, it's actually smarter that he names a cobbler because then Nog's fake seer claim would be harder to check. If Nog claims phantom's a wolf, phantom dies, and it turns up in the dead thread phantom is not a wolf, Nog's trick is up. I wasn't thinking about the cobblers prior, and once phantom pointed out why Nog would chose to call him a cobbler instead of a wolf, I was dead set convinced Nog had fake revealed. And that he's probably a cobbler, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up wolf either.

That all occured before your own trap, which I did not see until waking up later (which the BD happened to be brokey for a while when I did wake up )

I think Nessa's too easy of a target. Granted, that's what everyone said when she was a wolf previously, that she was getting framed, but then she fueled the idea she was getting framed. I think we tend to forget when you really don't have any information it's difficult to come up with some impeccable shiny-phantom idea. All you can really do is read what's posted, guess at who sounds good to you, which typically looks like you're just sitting back and going with the flow. Going with the flow is not really a solid reason to suspect someone of wolvery, and Glirdan, you shouldn't overlook the times when Nessa has added her own ideas.

I may be back. I may not be.

++Lommy

Reasons should be clear enough from my previous post. And I didn't even get to her opinions about Nog, which really said nothing about what her opinions were. Nog Day 1 "seemed ok" and was then was giving her a headache Day 2. And then the comment about how Shasta's (or was it Fea's? I forget) death made Nog look better.

As for me, I'm ready to make my own bed.
__________________
Normalizing "changing your opinion, when presented with new information" one post at a time.
Fenris Penguin
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #460
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Boro - I get it you're not exactly happy about me suspecting you when you're already being suspected by many. However, I'm not going to drop my suspicions or apologise for them just because you're my friend. And what you said still is basically "you're (almost) right when calling me a cobbler", whether you meant it or not. And of course you say you didn't mean it, but you must understand I can't take your word for that. And I might be ignoring most of the other suspicion coming your way - because, like you said, it's baseless. It's Sally's and elephant's problem if they don't have grounds for their suspicions, not mine. And I guess I do not need to comment on Nog's suspicions on you, since that cobbler is already dead.

I didn't pay much attention to Nessa before, but Glirdan's analysis is rather eyebrow-raising. Whether it means Nessa is guilty (and I think he could be as well a wolf as a cobbler) or Glirdan is a crafty cobbler, I cannot really say. Have to think about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
No you didn't say but your posts show you didn't even bother reading to the second sentence of his only post!
Now the only reason I can think of for not scouring his every word is that he can tell you nothing new ie that you already know who is a wolf or not.
Come on, that's not very nice. I already said I didn't realise the revealment-vote thingy started yet (I didn't realise it started right after the death of the third peson, if you want to chastise me for something, you ought to chastise me for not reading the rules properly not for not reading other people's posts carefully) and that's why I was confused. I don't really like this post of yours, because either you have not been reading my posts properly or you're intentionally trying to make me look ridiculous.

Glirdan's analysis made me think about Wilwa more. I see my vote yesterDay was hasty - apart from the gloating tone of her first post, she actually seems quite fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
She quite simply isn't herself at all, she's jumpy and nervous and making weird arguments.
I protest! I think my arguments aren't any weirder than normal, the game is just a lot weirder than any in ages with the dead thread, unknown roles and three cobblers. *shudders*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
After all, when you have two suspects, one of which is suspected by a 'cobbler' and the other of which is suspected by a 'seer', which are you going to want to vote?
Okay, fair point.

Shasta, thanks for the info. That's sure something to think about.


edit: xed with Mith, Legz and Boro
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:50 PM   #461
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
++Lommy

Reasons should be clear enough from my previous post. And I didn't even get to her opinions about Nog, which really said nothing about what her opinions were. Nog Day 1 "seemed ok" and was then was giving her a headache Day 2. And then the comment about how Shasta's (or was it Fea's? I forget) death made Nog look better.
Hey come on now that's over the top! I think (I don't remember) I thought Nog okay on Day1, but yesterDay I was confused. There was something fishy in his manner, yet it was fishy in the typical Nogrod manner. I wasn't around when he made his revelation. And as for toDay - I have quite clearly said several times I think it's most likely he was a cobbler.

I think you're taking this a bit personally, which I'm sorry about, because I never meant to provoke you that way (I know you said you're not insulted, which is good, 'cos I'm not trying to insult anyone).

Wondering if this is a sign of innocence and I shouldn't vote you toDay...?

Gah. I should make a list to organise my head. I have so many probable cobblers in my head and only a few probable wolves.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:03 PM   #462
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Master Phantom has been held up, and will not be back until later this evening.


And now back to the massive reread. I'm currently still on page three. Help me.
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #463
elronds_daughter
Ghost Prince of Cardolan
 
elronds_daughter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Between the fortune cookie and the post-its.
Posts: 740
elronds_daughter has just left Hobbiton.
Well, the only opinions I've developed over the course of the day are a) I tend to think the people who do lots of in-depth analyzing (e.g., Greenie, Glirdy) are innocent; b) I still don't like the way phantom's been coming across*, but I won't vote for him today because I think he's just a cobbler; c) I'm not sure what to make of this whole Boro vs. Lommy...thing...but if I had to choose one of them right now I'd side with Boro.

I'll be back later to vote.


*Greenie, I feel I ought to explain how tp went from "on my good side" to "pinging my uh-oh radar", since it seemed to worry you a bit (though not enough to think I'm guilty, thanks for that). I have a bad habit of sometimes only skimming through people's tome-posts, and tp was at first distilling those down to a point where my overtaxed brain could understand....but then his nice distillations turned into confusion-sowing (at least that's how I perceived it). Hence the switch. He hasn't talked much today, though. I'm not sure what to make of that.

EDIT: x'ed with lots, in particular sally who explained tp's silence.
__________________
I'd like to be the king of all Londinium and wear a shiny hat.
elronds_daughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:19 PM   #464
Nessa Telrunya
Shade of Carn Dűm
 
Nessa Telrunya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In a paper bag
Posts: 398
Nessa Telrunya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Nessa Telrunya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
[B]
I have no idea what to make of this. I wouldn't mind hearing an explanation from her on how everyone else's distrust of Nog is "odd". This is a game of Werewolf. It's what we do, distrust one another until someone is proven innocent.
I was referring to his distrust of the other players .
__________________
Joined together wrote our names upon the page
Seven times alliance our loyalties we gave
Nessa Telrunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #465
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,560
Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Since someone had mentioned that a different code of lists might be interesting for a change (though personally, I have never been using the dull "black and white" scheme, but a more colorful one), I thought of this (and those who know, know):

belonging to the Coastal Seas:
Shasta and Agan - lovers

free-lands (innocent-looking):
Greenie

border-lands (not sure, but leaning more innocent):
wilwa
Mith
- though I feel like she, too, has been omitted, at least by me; I have the feeling, however, that she hasn't been really commenting in much of a "relationship"-way, like, not expressing very much thoughts about particular players, but more like just always replying to somebody and voting in the way that it does not give much info either.

wilderness (unsure about):
Glirdan
Elronhubbard
Nerwen
- I have actually looked through her posts, generally, but I cannot make up my mind on her now - will possibly need to check her again later when I feel more up to the task

double wildernesses (something in between these two): Boro, though now when I was looking back at the thread, I am somehow getting more suspicious of him because of his general behavior - he looks kind of more like hiding something, a bit sneaky in the general approach, sort of giving the feeling that he knows more than he should.

shadow-lands (Cobblers/Wolves):
Loslote
Lommy
Anguirel
- who is actually more likely to be a Wolf than a Cobbler, but then, he is not as suspicious as those listed below

dark-domains (most likely Wolves, or more like Wolves than Cobblers):
Nessa
Phantom

Since Nessa has already gained a vote, I might go for her. But I'll see yet if I haven't crossposted with anybody or anything...

EDIT: no, I didn't.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:05 PM   #466
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Still, I'm having doubts about Nog. His frustration with the village didn't seem faked.
Even a baddie can be genuinely frustrated. Just saying.

I am actually feeling somewhat better about Lommy. She may be acting weirdly, but if she really was a baddie, why would she make a lot of noise about Boro 'hinting' at her? If she's a wolf who thinks she has found the cobbler, she won't try to lynch the cobbler. If she's a cobbler who thinks she's found a wolf, she won't try to lynch the wolf. If she's a cobbler who thinks she's found another cobbler, she won't try to lynch the cobbler. Think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan View Post
This is definitely a very logical statement, and one that I feel a Wolf or Cobbler would not make. I don't know why, I just feel like the statement screams innocent.
The problem with wilwa is, she plays with an innocent mindset (just like I usually think from a wolf's point of view, which should explain my dangerous dead union comment or whatever it was). She can say something even if it might make things more difficult for her side, and as a result she always seems very innocent. So while I kind of agree it's unlikely a wolf would have said so, I wouldn't put it past wilwa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I wouldn't think so. I mean, I don't think Fea was the Seer, and that doesn't mean that I myself am. And Fea wasn't the only one to distrust Nog's reveal. When it comes to Seer candidates, I'd think the wolves could have found stronger ones.
Yes, but the wolves can't know that. And Fea was one of the least inclined to believe Nog which says something.
I'm still not liking Lottie very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
(Nog's actions being such that I felt he knew he'd turn up 'not a wolf'). Manwe then came on and voted for himself, making it 2 for him and 1 for Nog.
He could still be a wolf though. That would be a reasonable course of action even for a wolf, and although I'm tending towards his being a cobbler, I wouldn't rule out wolvery either...
I am wondering about Mänwe now though. He rather proved his own non-wolvery to us than let us know Nog's role. Cobbler doing damage control? Not that I ever particularly suspected him, but that doesn't exactly look good on him.

Quote:
I also told the dead thread to always vote for the lynched player for the role reveal - anyone killed by the wolves is by definition not a wolf, so a revelation of them is a waste.
This is probably a good idea. If the wolves want to kill one of their own just to fool us, they're one wolf down and I don't think it's worth it.
Does this now mean we'll never learn Nog's role, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
with so low numbers, the Cobbler can start making a mess in Mandos.
Not really. After today you'll have two known innocents in Mandos, and even though it isn't much, each innocent who ends up there will at least know whose intentions to trust to be true.

It's pretty late so I should probably do a quick list and then vote.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-30-2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: xed with Legate
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:08 PM   #467
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Innocent
Shasta&Agan - obviously.
Elra - I can't really see much suspicious in anything she does. She seems genuine.

No idea
Greenie - hasn't rung any alarm bells except toDay. I'm trying to avoid being knee-jerky, but her vote for me seemed awfully like "hey let's pick a popular suspicion and see if it can be made into a bandwagon" especially as I really don't think she has a good reason to suspect me.
Nerwen - she could be anything! An innocent, a wolf or a cobbler trying a smoother approach... anything.
Wilwa - Glirdan's analysis made me really think her innocent, but after I wrote what I did about Glirdan (see below) I started to wonder if I have been talked into thinking this way. (I can just too well see a Glibbler spotting a Wolvarin and making an innocence promoting analysis of her.)
Legate - rather funnily, he's quite safely under my radar. I hope he's innocent, but I wouldn't dare to bet anything.
Anguirel - I thought him a cobbler yesterDay, toDay I'm not so sure. Yes, he might be misleading with all the talk about the dead thread instead of concentrating on more useful stuff, but I think that's probably just his style after all. He hasn't posted much toDay, though, so I think I need more to be certain.

Cobbler vibes
Glirdan - there's something funny about his manner, and his Day1 curiosities have been discussed lengthily enough for me to leave them out of here. Also, I can just so well see a cobbler trying to affect the village by posting analyses of people and intentionally interpreting stuff in a certain way.
Lottie - mostly based on her Day2 behaviour and possibly for defending Nog yesterDay whatever she says. Has been quite reasonable toDay, though.
phantom - like I've said before, the vibes he gives me are those of a cobbler trying to mess up with the heads of the villagers (not that he doesn't do that as an innocent ). But just all this misleading talk about the dead thread and wonderful-seeming strategies which have faults on closer look. I feel an innocent phantom would be sharper: not concentrate on minor things like the dead thread or make such non-waterproof startegies all the time.
Boro - I believe I have stated enough reasons for this.
Mith - I don't really like her way of intentionally misunderstanding me, plus her voting preferences have been seriously quite fishy this far: first the stab at a double lynch and yesterDay wanting to waste the village's chance of getting a wolf or a cobbler by voting BG.

Wolf vibes
Nessa - I haven't paid much attention to her, but everybody else seems to have done so and nothing I've seen people say about her makes me think her very innocent. I think either there's merit to all this suspicion flying around, or she's being attacked by cobblers and wolves because she's quite an easy target with those few quirky pieces of behaviour.
Sally - she hasn't been around much, but the little I've seen isn't entirely convincing. Where's the funny all-over-the-place-Sally we see most of the time? This solemnity is ill-befitting and makes me suspicious.


edit: xed with Agan and Legate
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #468
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth
 
Legate of Amon Lanc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In that far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 7,560
Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, not going to speculate about it... also noting, now Lommy's last post actually did look a bit better to me (more like her normal self).

++Nessa

Good Night.
__________________
"But it is not your own Shire," said Gildor. "Others dwelt here before hobbits were; and others will dwell here again when hobbits are no more. The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot for ever fence it out."
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:13 PM   #469
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eww it's late. I should vote and go to sleep.

But I have a problem - my wolf suspects are very very vague, one is based on a rather rnadom impression and the other on others' opinions. My cobbler suspects (Boro, Mith, Phantom) are much stronger, but it makes more sense to vote a possible wolf than a cobbler. But on the other hand, rather vote a probable cobbler than a person you don't really suspect. Grr. Need to think.


edit: xed with Legate
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #470
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Now I almost regret saying Lommy looks more innocent. I think it's far-fetched to put ed in the innocent category - she certainly has done little to make me think her innocent even if she hasn't been actively suspicious either (except her "Oh dear poor Shasta" thing which I don't particularly like because newbie wolves often feel very self-conscious about the kill or about being wolves in general and feel the need to express it in some way).

And I honestly don't see why Nessa is being suspected so heavily so I don't quite get why Lommy is getting wolf vibes from her (especially as she admits to feeling the same way about her). Granted, I wasn't suspicious of her last time she was a wolf, either - she just seems like the kind of player I accept with "that's just how she is" even if she is being suspicious.
And sally is busy which should explain the absence of the funny sally.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-30-2011 at 06:17 PM. Reason: xed with Legate & Lommy
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:19 PM   #471
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
PAGES ONE THROUGH THREE....gah, this is going to take forever....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
In some ways this situation is a curse for the wolves. Whenever you have roles revealed at death, the wolves have the night to concoct whatever story they want, because everyone now knows the person's role. And the wolves can spin the lynch however they want. "How did that bandwagon happen against Glirdan yesterday! There must be a wolf in that evil wagon!" (when really it's just a false lead because as everyone would now know Glirdan's role) However, not getting the role at the person's death, means the wolves can't manipulate any information from the lynch, because to the non-wolves there is no info for the wolves to manipulate.
I think this is both true and misleading. The wolves will still use everything to their advantage. Since we don’t know roles, they could easily lynch me (for instance) and claim the next Day that I was clearly wolfish and that my wolfishness points to X, Y, and Z. They can’t manipulate the information, no, but they can more easily manipulate based on the lack of information.

Also, Boro mentioned twitter. Thus, he must die.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
1) The ability of the dead to detect wolves is triggered after three deaths (surely not counting the coavalta co-mods). In the normal way of things, there will only be two by tomorrow. Might we want to engineer a double-lynching so that the Dead can start helping us with their deliberations earlier?

2) The wolves are in a bit of a bind here. They need to survive to win, but if they altogether lack representation in the second chamber (qualified for by death) they will be missing out on valuable intelligence and will be vulnerable to a more united front from the Dead. I suspect, therefore, that they will actively want one of their number - probably no more than that, at least for a while - to die as early as possible. They will at least hope that the cobblers do. Maybe they'll try and identify and lynch the cobblers, even.
Re: #1. Oh, goodness, no. The only time I’d go for a multiple lynch is if we had a darn good chance of catching a wolf, and even then it could end poorly. What if we lynch two cobblers? They could influence the dead thread and get us pretty much no information whatsoever.

Re: #2. This is actually a good point. Too good, in fact. It’s good to think on wolf tactics, but this seems too much like a wolf planning ahead.

This is making me think that tangy Ang is more like fangy Ang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
A union of dead Elves who trusted each other with good reason could do the wolves real damage (as Gifteds who recognise each other have managed to do in the past). Cobblers are all very well, but they don't really know who they're helping; a wolf, especially if they were sacrificed in such a way that they looked very convincing, could do much more informed damage.

I'm quite keen on finding out about the inside of Mandos, in fact; I'm struggling with the urge to volunteer myself for the 'great adventure'...never before have I felt so Elven. Voting for myself would be precisely the opposite of rationality (which I find appealing), while avoiding the exact Nilpaurion cliche because of our unique plight. But I will, at the moment, resist. I wouldn't want any of you to think I was a cobbler, or even a coward.
And a union of baddies in the dead thread can compromise what little information we can get. Cobblers, special information or not, are perceptive and can do more damage than we often realize.

And that? That just makes me....gah, wolf radar is pinging like mad. If you’re an ordo, you dying will do the village no good. If you’re a wolf, this serves your team a great advantage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
satansaloser2005 - fishy as a fish.
Impressive, especially considering that I hadn’t said anything at the time (except for my short post saying that I wouldn’t be back due to scheduling/internet issues). Yes. Terribly suspicious of me. :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
1) There is absolutely no point to the Lovers hinting in any way towards themselves or even towards their partner.

2) The Seer should commit suicide right away.

3) Glorfindel should... um... I don't know. Commit suicide soon to gain double protections and give us a trusted source until the baddies are forced to flush a kill on him in order to re-dead him? Or stay alive as long as possible to be a late-game news bearer between the threads?
What, yes!, and definitely(ish) respectively. I can’t believe I’m agreeing with Phantom, but our gifteds (at least our ranger) are better undead than unharmed. I’m almost tempted to say that the ranger should come out and be double lynched toDay, but there are too many problems with the plan to even begin to count. If our ranger was brave and selfless, however, I’d totally be up for it. At the same time, however, it would be better to sacrifice the ranger at a later time, so they could bring back the most information possible from the dead thread. Save more people or bring us more information? It’s up to us to decide which is more valuable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plotting pudding
Not to mention that the Dead can indirectly pass information to the Living. The rules say that the narration will reveal each person who receives the extra Dead vote that day. What if the Dead agreed to always give their extra vote to whichever person the Seer dreamed to be innocent!! If we agree to this, then we could pass every innocent dream from the dead Seer to the Living, and if the voting weight is repeated on the same person, that will be a sign that the dream from the previous night was a Wolf (or died), which also could help.

Also, plans could be made on the Dead Thread and passed up to the Living, such as, "Tell them that so-and-so is getting dreamed tonight when I dream, and if that person doesn't receive the extra vote the following day then they must be a Wolf." Are you following me with this, or am I completely off base and forgetting something obvious?
He continues to make scarily good sense (see underlined). The only problem is catching the correct balance between when to do that. The seer dreaming the dead is just as useful as them dreaming the living. If we could figure out a way to keep a steady information flow, I think a dead seer could be just as useful as a living one.

Here’s a different plan. Why couldn’t the seer dream of the person we lynched every Day, and we could work out a system to evaluate guilt or innocence that way? Sure, we’d be on a delay, but it’d be better than no information at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
Well, good Day, and many excuses for my absence!

And to move on to more productive matters.... This will be just as difficult for the wolves, yes? They won't know who it is they kill, so our information is equal.

Aaand, that's all I've got. It's better than math for a first post though, huh? We all know where that went Not to mention the dead thread would probably break my calculator.
This just screams wolf to me, and you can’t convince me otherwise. It’s like she’s concocted the perfect friendly cute useless but hoping to be helpful post. Wolf! Wolf!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Ang probably wouldn't have made the suggestions on double-lynches or speculations about wolves willing to send one of them to Mandos if he was a wolf. Too attention-grabbing and wrong.
Wolves can attention grab if they want to. I’m just sayin’.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
I'm afraid the loads of different revelations will be one of our major headaches in this game. Remember, it may be we learn nothing from lynching or saving someone who reveal, whatever that person reveals.

Which actually brings me to a point of actually suggesting quite openly something to everyone as howe to play.

Innocents: do not make false revelations!

Sometimes innocents can make false revelations to try to protect someone they think is a gifted - or to some other ends - but in this game that would be foolish. If we could count on no innocents making a false-reveal we could at least narrow down the possibilities with all the influxing revelations that those doing it are either gifteds (and the ones they say they are), cobblers or wolves.
Having not read the rest of the thread, I’m not yet sure what I think about the whole Nog reveal thing, and thus I will say that I could see this either as being a bait for gifteds to reveal so they can kill them or as a plea for no false reveals so that he doesn’t have to counter (thus signifying his giftedness). I’m not ready to go one way or the other yet because....darn, I need to catch up.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Excuse me?!

Sorry, still reading, but that caught my eye and now I'm going to have to challenge Manwe to a duel.
Sneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeerk.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessa Telrunya View Post
I'm positively stumped about who to vote. Everyone seems so ambiguous!
This seems too strange as well. “Oh no, look at me, I’m so helpless and don’t know what to do!”


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I approve of Nog and phantom advising the gifteds - at least in the sense that it's typical of them. Yeah the gifteds are usually capable of thinking things through themselves, but saying something just to be on the safe side shouldn't hurt anyone.
Who are you and what have you done with Agan?


Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Long live the Cobblers?
Yes and no. Sorry, dear, but this isn’t so much in the sense-making category. I understand where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it would work. Wolf kills over cobbler kills, yes, but let’s not plan to keep baddies around just because they’re a lower class of evil.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
My 'Blind Luck' game (from long, long ago) didn't reveal roles, which turned out to be a good thing because I was able to keep the fun going long after the village massacred my wolf team in the first two Days. The point of the game was to see who would be the last person standing, not so much the last team standing, and revealing roles would have messed that up entirely. But anyway, the point is that I didn't reveal roles and the village still successfully took out my wolves one after the other.
Tell me about it, princess. >.<





Would you all be super cross if I said I'd already decided who to vote for? :/
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 PM   #472
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
I think it's far-fetched to put ed in the innocent category - she certainly has done little to make me think her innocent even if she hasn't been actively suspicious either (except her "Oh dear poor Shasta" thing which I don't particularly like because newbie wolves often feel very self-conscious about the kill or about being wolves in general and feel the need to express it in some way).
That's just how she seems to me, call it a gut-feeling or something. I might also be just biased because I have the impression of her as Winnie the Pooh stuck in my head (apologies if this is insulting, but I personally adore Winnie the Pooh)! And, I just don't suspect her, simple as that. I don't get why my thinking her innocent is so suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And I honestly don't see why Nessa is being suspected so heavily so I don't quite get why Lommy is getting wolf vibes from her (especially as she admits to feeling the same way about her). Granted, I wasn't suspicious of her last time she was a wolf, either - she just seems like the kind of player I accept with "that's just how she is" even if she is being suspicious.
Read through the points raised against her, and you'll see they are valid enough if not brilliant. Anyway, I'm now personally going to check her posts to see if I have been talked into suspecting her or if she really is fishy. So Ms Nitpick you'll get an update on the topic soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And sally is busy which should explain the absence of the funny sally.
Yes but even when she's here she's not funny. *grumble grumble*


edit: xed with a looong Sally... yay!
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 PM   #473
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay.... I'm here and trying to catch up!

Just post if there is anything that I need to know about right away or that you wish to ask me. I'll check the new posts every couple minutes.
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:27 PM   #474
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eye

Phantom, you're pudding. That's all.
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:28 PM   #475
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Wolf vibes
Sally - she hasn't been around much, but the little I've seen isn't entirely convincing. Where's the funny all-over-the-place-Sally we see most of the time? This solemnity is ill-befitting and makes me suspicious.
It's called "Sally doesn't have time to mess around". And I've posted what, three (four now) times? All of which were an explicit apology for not having more time to post? Straws, you are grasping at them. I can understand you being suspicious of me to a point, but to put me in your uber-wolf category? Insensible. And evil? :/


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
And sally is busy which should explain the absence of the funny sally.
This. Sorry, kids, but I don't have the webs/time to mess around looking for funnies. If I find them by accident, oh yeah, but I can't go hunting.


Back in a moment. One or two more "decent" posts from me and then I really need to go home. I feel as if I've not made the most of my nets time today, and it makes me all sad and guilty. I'll try to hit up a post from my phone later toNight. Vanilwa, try not to be a jerk about my inability to format/quote correctly, yeah?
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:30 PM   #476
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler
 
satansaloser2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: from beneath you it giggles incessantly
Posts: 5,810
satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I would like to take this opportunity to point out that Fea (and the other deadites) needs to stop posting in the dead thread. That's three times this evening I've almost mistaken it for this thread. Thus, Fea is/was clearly evil.


ETA: Happy now, Lommie?
__________________
"My heart always cowers behind the defense of my wit."
Friendship is two pals munching on a well-cooked face together.
Fenris bookworm.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:35 PM   #477
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow
 
Aganzir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: in hollow halls beneath the fells
Posts: 4,607
Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
GUILTY
Green. She feels too smooth, if you know what I mean, and there's something fishy about her voting (she seems to be choosing the easy path). I am concerned about her.
ed. Slipping under my radar, except for the bad-looking first post on day 2 (incidentally, I think it was Greenie who first brought it up, or if not first she's the one I remember).
Lottie. Feels slightly off although not as badly as on day 1.
Boro. Out of him and Lommy, he looks worse. It does look like he was trying to hint at her, and now that she's suspecting him because of it, trying to save his face.

INNOCENT
sally. I thought her innocent on day 1 and little has changed since, mainly because she hasn't posted much. I could have put her down as 'Either' but I would have felt bad about my innocent list being so short.
Glirdan. Saying Shasta reminded him of Seertanis doesn't necessarily make him evil in my opinion. His posts look genuine to me... but I am incredibly bad at reading Glirdy.
Nerwen. Has done nothing to merit suspicion so she's here although I know how good a baddie she can be.
phanty. There are things which speak in his favour (his day 1 vote working to prevent a potential multiple lynch, his points against Nog yesterday, etc). I am not convinced of his innocence but he looks good enough for now, and besides he won't be my problem after today.

EITHER
Legate. Tending innocent, but his insistence about a cobbler lynch benefiting the wolves more than us is weird. Last time I played with him, I disagreed with him but he kept giving me really innocent vibes which hasn't happened in this game.
Lommy. I keep flip-flopping on her. I understand the people who say she isn't being herself... but she isn't that different either, and why would she bus Boro if she thought they were baddies together?
wilwa. Not enough substance to form an opinion. What I've seen looks innocent, but see what I just said about her a couple of posts ago - she's capable of fooling anyone.
Mith. I honestly don't know about her. She always looks innocent to me, but people have been suspicious of her voting etc so I'm not confident enough to consider her totally innocent.
Nessa. I don't see why all this suspicion, but she hasn't done much to make herself look innocent.
Angu. I wasn't able to decide where to put him so he's quite literally here. I find it impossible to read him. I'd like to go through his posts but I have to leave for class in nine hours and I'd also like to get some sleep.

DEAD
Mänwe. Innocent enough, but why did he vote for himself instead of Nogrod? I will probably learn this toNight, but it will be too late.
Nogrod. Cobbler or wolf.
BG. Assuming ordo for now.
Fea. Innocent.
__________________
He bit me, and I was not gentle.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-30-2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: xed since my last
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:36 PM   #478
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Suspicious stuff Nessa has done, according to the posts I just read:
- is wishy-washy, doesn't really say much, is just merisuing around and acting confused
- wants to deadify helpful people (huh?)
- wants to be grateful dead (we should grant her that, eh? )
- on Day1 votes knee-jerkily AND to deadify someone AND apologises for it

Innocent-looking stuff she has done:
- her confusion is so over the top it might as well be unfeigned
- believes Nog (I think a wolf wouldn't have dared to support a seer reveal as questionable as Nog's)

So, basically, her Day1 was really fishy, Day2 a little less so. ToDay she hasn't posted much. I'm going to hang around a bit more, but if I don't get any brilliant inspiration or valuable new evidence, I'm just going to vote Nessa because I don't really have anything better to go on as I'd prefer voting someone I suspct of wolvery, not of cobblery. I think it's our safest bet toDay - and to be honest, rather her than me anyway! Not that it's necessarily going to be a question of that, but I won't be here until deadline.


edit: xed with Sallyx2 and Agan
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:37 PM   #479
the phantom
Beloved Shadow
 
the phantom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Stadium
Posts: 6,121
the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Phantom (this one I don't like, as he was urging it really purposefully, whereas an innocent should at least ponder that it does not have much of a sense to lynch Cobbler, that's exactly what they are here for)
Okay, so that's a total lie.

I was NOT wanting to lynch Nog at all at the start of the day, and even after he made his accusations I tried to engage him, but he refused to speak with me, then after things turned against him I specifically stated that I still wanted to lynch Lommy, and then later I specifically stated that I was not anxious to lynch him as that would be somewhat of a victory for a Cobbler! I was NOT hugely pressing his lynching, and in the end it was more a less a result of him being the only guaranteed baddie and there not being a viable option number two, as it would've required complete and total unity from all the remaining voters to put someone else past Nogrod.

So really, Legate, your "opinion" about what happened yesterday is just completely wrong. You're looking mighty suspicious the way you're creating false reasons for suspicion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang
Now she's dead I'm pretty sure she wasn't a cobbler.
Quite right. Fea seemed quite unevil to me throughout.

And that's disappointing news about Manwe. I was rather hoping we had lucked out on that one.

*continues reading*
__________________
the phantom has posted.
This thread is now important.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #480
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin
 
Thinlómien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: In a far land beyond the Sea
Posts: 8,362
Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
It's called "Sally doesn't have time to mess around". And I've posted what, three (four now) times? All of which were an explicit apology for not having more time to post? Straws, you are grasping at them. I can understand you being suspicious of me to a point, but to put me in your uber-wolf category? Insensible. And evil? :/
Oh dear, I really seem to frustrate people by suspecting them in this game, don't I? As much as it pains me to admit this, it'll maybe comfort you Sallycakes that you were in the wolf category mostly because (possibly apart from Nessa) I'm suffering from a severe lack of suspects (disincluding possible cobblers of course).

edit: xed with the phantom
__________________
Like the stars chase the sun, over the glowing hill I will conquer
Blood is running deep, some things never sleep
Double Fenris
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.