PDA

View Full Version : Let's blow off some steam here....

dunadan_aragorn
03-06-2003, 05:25 PM
Okay, I was in the theatre watching lotr ttt, when this girl gets there about 10 minutes into the movie. She sits down next to some buddies apparently, also teenagers, and starts talking loudly. Then, as soon as Legsie gets on the screen, she shouts "OMIGOD! IS THAT HIM? GOD HE IS SOOO HOT! YOU GUYS WERE SOOO RIGHT!" Then, the other girls beagn to talk as well, "I KNOW! I TOLD YOU! ISN'T HE HOT? JUST SCREAMING HOTNESS! OMIGOD! LOOK AT THOSE LEGS!" They just went on screaming, until it cuts to the Merry and Pippin scene. They begin to throw popcorn and cuss. I turn around and stare for a few minutes, you know, the evil eye? They stop, but by then we're about halfway through the movie. We get out and the usher thanks me and gives me free tickets to the next showing of lotr, but I just can'y get over those girls! Have you guys ever had an experience like that, I mean, maybe Pete should tone it down a little with Legolas, geez!

Lush
03-06-2003, 05:34 PM
<I>Amateurs.</I><P><I>Real</I> Legsie fans would have been licking the screen. <P> <p>[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lush ]

Arvedui III
03-06-2003, 06:38 PM
Welcome to my world.<BR>I am traped in a black hole of friends who do nothing, absolutly nothing, but agure over Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood all...day...long <BR>Oh, and not to mention "Gobby" the cross between Gollem and Dobby the house-elf from Harry Potter. Why can't they get them strait! GAAH! Thank the heavens for the few friends I have that bothered to read the books. GAAH.

Cibbwin
03-06-2003, 06:56 PM
Don't feel bad... last time I went with my friends one of them sqealed every time gollum came on, and tried intimidating him. I mean, cheering when your favorite actor comes on is cool, but there is a such thing as taking it too far. <P>Peri knows about this!

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
03-06-2003, 10:31 PM
Hahaha, it was worse for me. When I saw it, they first had previews for some other movies with cast members from TTT in them. Everyone but myself and my friend were standing and cheering (there might have been a few more sitting, but with the enourmus crowd standing I couldn't see them). Anyways, they showed the Pirates of the Carribean Preview with Orlando Bloom in it. After that they wouldn't shut up. And then all these girls sitting together were screaming right behind me and I thought my ears would burst. It was that high pitched annoying scream. If it had been a little higher, only dogs would have heard it. I thought the theater staff was going to break out the movie-size kit kat bars and settle things down, but they didn't. It kept going and then people started telling other people to shut up. People started to give others the finger and in return those people told them to stick it somewhere unpleasent. Anyways, there was a big brawl and these two guys started to get into a fight. Popcorn and coke were being spilled everywhere and some kids decided to 'accidently' spill their sodas on the two guys fighting. Then security came in and took the two guys away. One guy started complaining and yelling that someone spilled mustard on his $150 pants and another person told him to stfu, if you know what that means. I thought another fight would break out, but security took both of them out because by that time the movie had already started. Everybody kept quiet after that and tried to enjoy themsleves. But after, when the lights came back on, we could see what a mess was made and we were all glad that we weren't janitors.<P>You're lucky, you got free tickets. All I got was a speech from the manager about how sorry he was about the incident. Although, some people did get new snacks (they got it after it was spilt or dropped, not after the movie). I'm not sure if those people were fined or not, probably not, and I'm not sure if that guy got reembersed for his $150 pants, but then again, I'm not even sure if they really were $150 pants.<p>[ March 06, 2003: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

aragornreborn
03-06-2003, 10:41 PM
Well, I've had nothing THAT bad.<P>When I saw FOTR, I sat right behind a bunch of annoying college kids who made comments throughout the whole movie including a long "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh" when Gandalf fell in Moria.<P>When I saw TTT opening night, we sat through about, oh, 3 1/2 hours of previews and then when it finally started, the screen clicked off after the first 20 seconds. You can imagine some of the thoughtful, intelligent, and mature comments that were made after that.

DarkRose
03-06-2003, 11:28 PM
People will be people, you know.<P>Besides, why complain? You got free tickets.

Erunno of Mirkwood
03-07-2003, 12:02 AM
Ah you guys have it far worse than I do. Well anyway, my experience was on the second time I saw TTT in theatres. I think it's a wonderful movie, but a Asian couple brought their 3, maybe 4 year old daughter to watch it. <P>I don't want to be rude, but when she started crying because of Gollum I was slightly annoyed, trying to absorb the film ya know? <P>Still I feel bad for the little girl and hope her parents learn something from the experience.<P>Maer Tinnu

Lady_Báin
03-07-2003, 03:33 AM
Erunno i know exactly what you mean. You don't take little kiddies to a ttt preview.<P>my experience was quite different, there was a huge line (and the people in this country don't know line courtesy rules!!!) me and a group of friends were there secound behind another group of people. Then the smart guineus-like movie theatre people let the line build up into this 200+ mass of man flesh. My friends and i were nearly crushed it was a real stampead, i was really cocerned for my safety. But things didn't improve once we were actually in the theatre, there were actual <I>families</I> with kids that had 5 kids all under 10 ( You do <B>NOT</B> take kids to a 3hr plus movie, that's just common sense) and they were all kinds of kicking my chair with allternating comments of "I'm hungry" "who's that" "I have to go to the bathroom" and my fav. "why is it sooooo loooooong!?". No offence to the families but it was the <B>premiere</B> for goodness sake!!<P>ahhhhhhh, that's better, okay done.

The Squatter of Amon Rûdh
03-07-2003, 04:26 AM
Clearly some of you have made the rather elementary mistake of going to premieres. I went to a screening in the small Devonshire town of Exmouth about three weeks after the initial UK release. The childishly disproportionate wave of hysteria was over by then, and it was past bed-time for the more rabid Orlando Bloom afficionados, so everyone just sat down and watched the film quietly like civilised people. Mind you, they're a relaxed lot down in Devon anyway.<P>Some of the events described above beggar belief: I behave better than that in an advanced state of drunkenness. Sheer adolescent inanity, from the sound of it coming from those old enough to know better.<P>As for bringing children, I've a feeling that baby-sitters may have been something of a rare commodity on the night of the premiere. I expect that taking the children was a necessary evil, as would be leaving if they were being disruptive.

Meela
03-07-2003, 07:07 AM
ive never had a bad experience. I feel left out! the most thats happened is that some brat has spoken during one of Grima's lines or something, when im really trying to concentrate on watching

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
03-07-2003, 11:09 AM
I went after most of the deadly hype wound down as well, so I didn't have too bad an experience. At first, I thought someone's baby would be crying throughout the movie, but they stopped during the advertisements. I'm afraid I was the worst one there, especially when the <A HREF="http://www.x2-movie.com" TARGET=_blank>X2</A> teaser came on. *looks sheepish* But I wasn't half as bad as what you guys went through. I merely bounced in my seat a little and giggled happily to myself.

Mornie Alantie
03-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Wow you would think that the human race could not get so low to do that during the all time greatest movies. My worst was just a guy behind me and my cousin who made comments how cool things were throughout the movie. It was like my 5th time seeing so it didn't bother me I thought it was kinda cool actually that the LOTR added an oviously follower to it's ranks . <P>(a little of subject) On that same trip to the theater when Theoden says, "is that it? Is this all you can conjure up Saruman?" me and my cousin totally unpredicted and syncranized (however you spell it) turned to each other and nocked on the arm rest at the exact same time. In case you wonder what that means, nocking on wood is a way to say you jinxed yourself.

dunadan_aragorn
03-07-2003, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Clearly some of you have made the rather elementary mistake of going to premieres <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Uh uh, no premieres. This weas like, the beginning of March. Obviously we all have the misfortune of going with some complete dipwads.

Firondoiel
03-07-2003, 01:14 PM
Well I haven't had anything THAT bad happen but some kind of annoying stuff. During FOTR there was this guy behind who kept making all these comments!! Concerning the Ringwraiths "There's eight of them!" and lot's of other stuff like that. He kept getting up and walking out (he kept bumping my seat in the process). At then end of the movie he asked his companions if that was it and they told him that there were two more movies and he said "Well this is just a bunch of bull." and left. You can imagine how I felt.<p>[ March 07, 2003: Message edited by: Firondoiel ]

Sapphire_Flame
03-07-2003, 01:56 PM
<I>Na in Valar!!</I> People can be so annoying! I've had a fair share of philisteinic audience experiences, mostly involving Leggie-boppers, and I honestly think that people that immature should be locked away somewhere for safe-keeping (preferably somewhere uninhabited...). I went just a week or two ago and there were all these L-B's shrieking everytime the said elf came on screen. Honestly. And a bunch of people brought little kids (three-year-olds! who would bring three-year-olds to LotR?!)<P>My friend's friend has a interesting solution though (only to be used in extreme cases): this kid can scream exactly like a Nazgul. He went to the midnight show opening day, and everytime someone got up and walked in front of him (this was frequent, sadly), he would scream at them. Same with L-B's. My friend and I generally just kick the back of their chairs....Ah, well, to each his own...

Pookabunny
03-07-2003, 03:18 PM
People with cell phones - 'nuff said.<P>The WORST experience I had while seeing a movie was someone got shot. Some clown got drunk and there was this gang there. Well, he started with one of their guys, and got shot. NOT FUN!<P>Another time, we went to see "The Mummy" - well, I know, that should be the end of my comment, right? It gets better. We're watching the movie and my friend stands up and yells, "DUDE! Use the Matrix!" and a guy in front of us TURNS AROUND and picks my friend up OUT OF HIS SEAT! He put him down after my boyfriend, me and 10 of our friends stood up. My BF and I both had our motorcycle helmets in our hands. Note to everyone - don't watch movies when you live in the 'hood. Unless you want to post interesting stories on message boards

Rynoah, the Overly-Happy
03-07-2003, 05:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>He kept getting up and walking out (he kept bumping my seat in the process).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Someone kept doing this to me during <I>Daredevil</I> and I wanted to turn around and hit them hard. And there were kids back there (who were obvious fans of the comics) who kept explaining to their companion (I think it was actually their mom) what was going on, when, why and how. Thankfully, the volume was rather high, so I couldn't hear them as much over the music (at the expense of having a very bad headache the next day).

Rochelle
03-07-2003, 06:08 PM
Aside from the fact that everytime I've gone to see TTT it's been overflowing...I've had no crazy experiences. I must have gone and seen it with the more mature crowd *lol* <P>However, I think everyone is obsessed with Legolas...not Orlando because most times when my friends see him in his everyday look they shrug him off. Me, not so much...<P>I think PJ knew what he was doing when he cast Orli as Legolas...he wanted to draw in the teenage girls...to that I say bravo. He got what he was looking for (if that indeed was the case)!

dunadan_aragorn
03-07-2003, 06:22 PM
When I was seeing fotr there was a riot outside. Some idiot dressed up as a ringwraith was riling up people, telling them to storm the theatre and put Peter Jackson out of business. He hels a copy of lotr with a fencing sword. He and his little band of followers went in and found this other guy dressed like a ringwraith and they obviously knew eachother because they said anyone who didn't leave the theatre was a moron. Some guy said "Sure Moron" which wasn't rreally a very good comeback anyway. There was a huge fight, but thankfully they took it to the other theatre where some more of their ringwraith buddies were. Ther the cops came, and they had to evacuate the place cuz some guy got a gun. The funniest thing was, it was a month after the movie premiered, I guess thaty teaches me to nevr go to the thetre in Barnesville.

Vardadurwen
03-07-2003, 08:49 PM
When people are talking, screaming obnoxiously over how beautiful someone is, or have left their cellphones on and actually answer them in the theatre, I always express how I feel aloud and blatantly. I mean, these people need to know that they are being rude so that hopefully they won't continue this pattern of disrupting other people.<P>I leave in a pretty docile neighbourhood, so I'm not really afraid to do this, but by what some of you guys have posted, I guess I wouldn't really recommend this approach! I wouldn't want to be responsible for having someone get shot!! <P>So use common sense when deciding whether to tell someone to shut up or not lol.

elven maiden Earwen
03-07-2003, 10:14 PM
i have this problem where i burst out laughing durring quite parts in the movie so ever so often i would burst out laughing. I m pretty sure i bugger a lot of people so instead of beinging bugged i was the one bugging everyone.

Tigerlily Gamgee
03-08-2003, 09:15 AM
Nope, I don't recall anything like that happening. Any Lego-lovers I know can keep it down to a slight gasp and then they grip their fists really hard until their knuckes turn white! But, they never scream or swoon outloud.<BR>If anyone did that they would have to look out for me, because I would fly over those seats so fast....!<P>I've had incidences with other movies, but it's usually a group of teen guys who just came to the movie to see Halle Berry's... well, you get the idea. Yeah, actually, I've had more guys squeeing for girls than girls squeeing for guys incidences... huh.

Earendil evening star
03-08-2003, 11:59 AM
Yeah it is bloody annoying<BR>like, when i went 2 c TTT 3 days after the first time i saw it...this woman is standing there in front of the screen with like this ten year old boy,just at the bit with the incredible scenery saying in a really loud voice "Which row is which? will we just sit here?" 5mins later "No this isn't our row...lets move back a few" it ****es me off.<BR>Also, the Orli fans...i mean yeah he is extrememly hot and u do wanna drool everytime he comes on the screen butfor godsake they could just keep it to themselves, i mean its not all about the hot actors is it. I swear i found the scenenry and battle scenes way more breathtaking.

TealDude3
03-09-2003, 09:02 AM
My most recent visit to theater wasn't that bad. It was TTT, I was probably the only person there. Then, a family of 5(husband, wife, 3 boys all under the age of ten) sat right next to me!!! Come on, I was the only person in ther theater and they had to sit next to ME!! Oh well, that can be ixecused. Then, when the movie was playing, all of the boys had something to say about everything, only instead of pointless talk, it was intelligent coments(sp?), obviosly from somebody who had read the book.<P>After the movie, all of the kids loved it and asks, no, begged to see it again. Well, at least there are some parents who know how to raise there kids.

Peri
03-09-2003, 03:53 PM
Yes, yes, Cibbwin. But I remember the last time we saw the movie. These people (about 3) came into the theatre about half-way into the movie, then they left something like half an hour later. Didn't bother me so much though. they were probably just theatre hopping. That's terrible about that girl screaming during the movie though. People like that should be kicked out.

Mattius
03-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Wow, someguy got shot, Im sure glad guns are illegal to own on this side of the pond. Hmmm, when I went to the opening screening of FotR we had great seats and it just at that bit with Gandlaf talking to Frodo on his horse and cart and three guys walk in looking for their seats. I was so annoyed, I had been waiting for almost a decade to see the film and they spoilt it a lot.<P>I now believe that there should have/be seperate cinema showings for those who have read the books and those who have not.

Gorwingel
03-09-2003, 04:42 PM
Well I have not had anything happen that was that bad. Just once when I went and saw FOTR and there was about only 7 people in the theater, and there was these two people who talked about the movie the entire time. Oh and about every time I have seen the film there has been a tall person in front of me, whose head took up a measureable amount of the screen. And once when my sister (who is a serious Orlando Bloom fan) during the shield surfing scene, said "DUDE" when it happened and about everyone in the theater looked at her. <BR>Oh and in TTT when the sun rises on the 5th day at the end of the battle of Helm's Deep, there was this one man who said "Oh, it is the 5th day, ummmmm".<BR>Nothing too terrible though<P>Note: <B>Mattius</B> where did you get your nickname? because I think it is a very intersting choice, and it seems familliar.

Mattius
03-09-2003, 04:51 PM
I stole it from my friend's faceparty site I don't know where he got it from though, I just think that like me, he is scared of clowns and old people. If you want to read his version click <A HREF="http://www.faceparty.com/newfoundincubus" TARGET=_blank>here.</A><p>[ March 09, 2003: Message edited by: Mattius ]

*Varda*
03-09-2003, 05:01 PM
Thankfully, I didn't have any huge problems like that. There was a wee girl next to me who kept squealing when orcs appeared, but it was more cute than anything else.<P>I did find it rather sad when leaving the cinema, and two girls behind me were drooling over Elijah.<P>"Oh, Elijah's EYES! Didn't they just make your heart MELT?!"

Horse-Maiden of the Shire
03-09-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh my gosh! On friday it was the worst i have ever been in.<P>My friend and I went to see TT and there were about 4 kids behind us. They WOULDN'T SHUT UP!! In the beginning, you know when Frodo says "Just a dream..." A kid behind us said "No it's noooot!" And then, when Arwen/Spirit of Arwen was kissing Aragorn, they kept saying, "Ewwwww!!" and "Ew, stop already!" So at the part when Brego is chewing on Aragorn's nose, I yelled (REALLY loud) "AAWWWW!!!" And the theatre was silent too!! It shut them up though. And then one of them threw a piece of popcorn and it hit me in the back of the head! I turned around, giving them the Evil Eye, and I swear I was breathing the Black Breath. <P>Okay, got it off my chest. I HATE people like that!<P>And don't worry, I burst out laughing in parts in TT when it was sad, eg. the uruk head on a stick, Gandalf's face when he comes back, Faramir's "NAZGUL!" (go to ninecompanions.net humor section and look at the top of the page. you'll see why.), and Frodo's many humourous faces. Like when Gollum was pulling him out of the water he looked like a freakin fish! I started laughing my head off and my friend was just like "Becka...shh!!!!"

gilraën
03-09-2003, 06:44 PM
I took my 5 year old to see TTT, but it was a day time show and not too many there, and he never once got up to go to the bathroom, he spent the whole show on my knee totally absorbed by the film. There was no hassle, the teenagers were perhaps still in bed and it was an enjoyable and uneventful show, apart from the on screen antics. Taking kids can be a risk, but not if they are complete LOTR fans like my son.

Burzdol
03-09-2003, 08:14 PM
Cell Phones. They say to turn them off. And yet the person beside me told the whole movie to someone else over the phone. Three hours of FotR with someone telling the whole thing.<P>Later, it gets better. Someone up front came up to his seat and....well beat the pulp out of him. During the movie! After the guy left, the cell-phone-person started again.<P>Luckly I got free tickets from the ushers for putting up with that! <P>~Burzdol~

Lady_Báin
03-10-2003, 09:26 AM
Aaaaaaarg i hate the (non-existent) movie theatre courtesy here!! It suucks !!!!! but yeah people don't get too exited over stuff here. I mean they will get all hyped up and all but <I>they</I> don't even know why!!! they just get reallllllly bothersome. arg

Horse-Maiden of the Shire
03-10-2003, 05:04 PM
lucky! you got free movie tickests!

killer hamster
03-11-2003, 10:29 AM
i know! i hate it when girls do that! i'm a girl myself, but i hate all that make-up and stuff. <BR>sure, i go a little wild when i see lotr, or even just the trailors, but it's only 'cause i'm MAD about the films and books, not 'cause of the people in it!

Adastrea
03-11-2003, 10:47 AM
I just had to post my friends experience...she was sat watching the film with her mum and there was a mother and her two children sat in front. Now when merry and pip get put down by treebeard infront of a white figure she say to her mum "Thats Gandalf" (Her mum hasn't read the books) So the lady infront turns to her kids and goes "Actually its Sauruman!" Boy did she get a suprise!<BR>Luckily no screaming fan girls have interupted us, though when we go to watch it together we are concious of trying to make sure we put a gap between ourselves and the main cinema goers(so they can't hear us!) cause we tend to take the micky the whole way through! Don't get me wrong we love the whole of LOTR but we do sit there making pantene jokes at legolas(her), tell Aragorn he needs a bath(Me)Ponder why gimli has no fangirls(John Reece Davies must float someones boat right????) and get annoyed that they killed Haldir(and missed of Glorfindel!) Don't get us wrong we love them really!

peonydeepdelver
03-11-2003, 02:57 PM
Man, some of you had it real bad! The third time I saw TTT, they were at the beginning part with Gandalf and the Balrog, but they lights weren't turned off. So all these guys were getting up and yelling "LIGHTS!" I was about to yell shut up, but they turned out the lights. Then this kid who was like 15, he was obviously a Gimli fan, because at Helm's Deep he was like, "GO GIMLI!" Thatw as pretty cool, as Gimli doesn't seem to have many fans.<BR>Probably the most annoying thing is at the end of both movies, my mom kept saying, "That's it? It was so long, and they didn't even get to where they're going?" Then of course the next day, she says, "I would like to see Gods and Generals sometime." So I look it up, and it's 4 HOURS LONG!!!!!!! Evil hypocrite....

Burzdol
03-11-2003, 05:21 PM
True, many people aren't good, true fans of Gimli.(As some of us are) And people who don't know the characters are super annoying! Especially moms who pick at each other about everyone. <P>~Burzdol~

Hobbit_feet59
03-11-2003, 08:32 PM
Oh gosh... where shall I begin? I know. About a year ago I was seeing FotR for the billionth time when all of a sudden this like, thirty year old lady walks in halfway throught the movie. She's sorta sit's there for a minute, then she prods me on the back. "Who's that?" she asks ignorantly, to my reply of, "Frodo." Then again. "Who's that?" "Pippin" "Who's that?" "Aragorn" "Who's that?" "Arwen." <P>And, well, you get the point. And yes, she did scream when Lego came on screen.

harlindon
03-13-2003, 05:27 PM
HEHEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHE. Sorry you people but i did that stuff once. My friend and i went to a showing of TTT righr after school so ther was like hardly anyone there( we wouldn't have been rude like that wit h a crowd) Well we had all seen it befor and we sat away from he peopel there so we were all making up voices and likes for then to day and stuff. It was soo much fun. and we booed at stuff they left out, but we didn't bother they other people. lol it was fun though, and funny. But what happened to some of you thats not fair some peopel are just inconsiderate. I mean you pay money to go see a movie and all that they can do is be rude. At least when i did it there wer only like 5 other people who had all seen the movie already. weel tahts it see ya all later!!!!!

Lady_Báin
03-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Oh my hobbit_feet that is truly disturbibg, i hate wierd scary people the talk to you well your watching the movie!! i hate it !

elven maiden Earwen
03-15-2003, 04:57 PM
o i remember somethingt. the day TTT cvame out me my family and my friends skipped school to go see it. At the end when the actors names came up when Orlando Blooms came up these ttwo teenage greens started screming and saying how hot he is. luckly thast was after the movie.

Daisy Brambleburr
03-16-2003, 03:44 AM
The most annoying thing that happned to me was agreeing to bring my younger brother along to TTT.<BR> The cinema was not that full, because it had been out for a few months, and I was (literally) on the edge of my seat in excitement.<BR> My brother has only seen about half an hour of FOTR, because he WALKED OUT of the cinema, and he hasn't actually read the books, so why he wanted to come (and why I agreed to take him) I'll never know. He didn't have a clue what was going on, and ever few minutes he was asking me 'who's that?', 'why are they doing that?', 'I thought he was dead!' and 'where are they now?' <BR>I was grinding my teeth angrily, because I was really looking forward to the movie. In the end I growled 'If you don't shut up I'll make you', and gave him the rest of my popcorn to keep him quiet. Needless to say, it worked, and I had a very enjoyable movie experience!

Arwen_Evenstar
03-16-2003, 07:15 AM
SOLUTION(and I was very tempted to do this):<BR>Before the movie starts shout out real loud:<BR>'If any words are uttered unescissarily within the next 3 hours, that person will be forever haunted, until the end of their days when they are pursued by hounds of Morgoth to the very brink of the void and with a snap at the heels they will fall and be done!!!!' Or you can just say: SHUTUP YOU *****BEEP*****!!!!!

Catherine
03-16-2003, 01:47 PM
Yea, my story isnt nearly as funny as most of yours. I was at TTT and the little girl behind me was so annoying. You no the part where gollom comes with the bunnies, she was like screaming aawwww their sooo cute, how could they eat them! And throught the whole movie she kept making comments, whats that? who's that? whats happening? what are they doing? why? This movie is long! I though I was going to turn around and just start screaming at her!

Meela
03-23-2003, 02:49 PM
i was at the cinema today. we thought we were alone, then the movie started and a woman with 6 v. loud kids walked in and didnt shut up for the whole movie. we kept on turning round and yelling "shut up". we had a go at the woman afterwards, and she called us shallow for complaining about her brats

Shy Hobbit
04-25-2003, 04:53 PM
A friend of mine wants me to post this for her. She's my very first LOTR convert I'm talking, went from total skeptic to total freak, like me Anywho, here's her story!<P>I was watchin' TTT I had come in like 5 minutes late, so I sat in the very back. Then this guy and his kid or whatever comes in.....the theater is DEAD, because it's a dollar theater and there were so many seats available. So anyway, I'm all sprawled out with my feet in another chair when the fatty comes in and is talkin' to his kid. Sits him down one seat up and to my left. All the while his fat butt is in my face so I can't see the movie. I'm really patient. Then he walks right in front of me and SITS on my legs that were in the chair! I'm so mad I can't say anything, so I pull my feet quickly and get up and move to another seat in the back middle row of the theater, then not two minutes later, Fatty and his crew decide they can't see, so they move to the very front of the theater. So i moved back to my spot. GRRRRR.

Noxomanus
04-29-2003, 02:57 AM
I didn't really experience such things but I wonder.............is everyone else in this forum female???

Gimli stonesheild
08-12-2003, 01:08 PM
Here is my experience in my town their are not many lord of the rings fans, most of them go just to make fun of us who are really into it. Here is what happened to me. The owner of the theater who is a huge fan on the opening night made it s only true fans could enter the movie. This is how he did it, he made each of us take this quiz of five questions here they are<BR>1) What do the initials for J.R.R. Tolkien stand for? <BR>2) How many rings of power are there?<BR>3) What does Gandalf become after his fight with the Bolrog?<BR>4) Who are the members of the fellowship and their race?<BR>5) What awaits the Fellowship in the halls of Moria?<BR>In addition, you know what only about 20 people got in on the opining night and the owner gave us all free cupons to see the Two Towers

Lily
08-15-2003, 05:51 PM
Ok now when I go to a movie I'm the one behind you making comments or fun at the movie. But don't worry me and my *cough* pardner are not high pitched girls, loud talking idiots, or anything like that. No what we do it make comments quietly. So not to disturb you! But anyway! <P>Oh! I got a story. Now me and my family we were at one of my Aunt's and Uncle's houses (can't remember which one) and we were having some party or something. And it was getting a little late and people were staring to leave. When one of my (more grown up you could say) cousins said. 'We're (we're meaning him and a few other cousins of mine) going to see FOTR well be back tonight' and my aunt said 'Why don't we all go'. And it began! We took up two rows in the theater (not everyone could come). My family got there first we were jumping around trying to save seats! It was great though! We had a lot of fun! We do that quite a bit actually. Not take up two rows, but maybe a half a row. Anyway anyway!<P>Ok here's a story (it's short don't worry!) that's more...um....angryish. I don't remember who but someone went to see LOTR. And at the end of the movie a guy stood up and showed "WHAT THAT HECK WAS THAT? I WANT MY MONEY BACK!" I would have hated to be there!<P>Another one was after the movie FOTR a girl said "I wonder if they're going to make a sequel?" I don't know they might? Of course they're going to make a sequel!!!! Geez! Anyway I'm done.

Enorëiel
08-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Ok, so I don't really have a HUGE story or any thing but, the last time I went to see TTT there were tons of people that were coming in during the middle of the movie! The people that made me the most angry were these people that came in in the last 45 minutes! They came in (loudly) then while making a huge fuss, sat down right in front of my friend in me!!! Grrrrr! People! I swear, during that showing there were about three different sets of people that sat in front of me! They would get up and leave and new people would come in and sit down in front of me! Like I said, it's not a big story but still... it made me mad!!!

The Only Real Estel
08-16-2003, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>SOLUTION(and I was very tempted to do this):<BR>Before the movie starts shout out real loud:<BR>'If any words are uttered unescissarily within the next 3 hours, that person will be forever haunted, until the end of their days when they are pursued by hounds of Morgoth to the very brink of the void and with a snap at the heels they will fall and be done!!!! Or you can just say: SHUTUP YOU *****BEEP*****!!!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> That Arwen_Eveningstar, is a perfect example of blown-off steam! <BR> P.S. Feel better now?

peonydeepdelver
08-16-2003, 04:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> About a year ago I was seeing FotR for the billionth time when all of a sudden this like, thirty year old lady walks in halfway throught the movie. She's sorta sit's there for a minute, then she prods me on the back. "Who's that?" she asks ignorantly, to my reply of, "Frodo." Then again. "Who's that?" "Pippin" "Who's that?" "Aragorn" "Who's that?" "Arwen." <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Wow, I bet it was my mom.

Gloruviel
08-27-2003, 08:13 PM
when i saw ttt this guy right in the middle of the movie started talking on his cell phone. it was so annoying. also when i saw pirates this little kid said i wanna go home about five times really loud b4 his mom said even louder we rnt leaving. they ended up leaving.

The Only Real Estel
08-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Ah yes, the kid seems to win every time.

Enorëiel
09-01-2003, 12:50 PM
Ok, I have some more steam to blow off here. This didn't happen in a theater but in the comfort of my own home. A couple days ago i finally got my mom to watch TTT. We had to take a break right before the last hour because my dad had wanted me to go somewhere with him. When we came back My mom and me went back to watching the movie, only this time my dad decided to join in. Now, my dad has never seen any of the LotR movies (he refuses to ) but he has seen me watching them and has a bad habit of seeing scenes that you will not understand unless you have watched all or most of the movie. Anyway... back to my story. All through the last hour of the movie it was "Who's that?" "Is that the same battle?" "He doesn't look happy." "What are those?" "How did that happen?" "I thought he was a good guy?" The whole time i had to keep explaining to him what was going on. Then when Sam's speech came on I turned to my mom and went "This is really good, it's one of my favorite parts." And even after hearing that what does my dad do all through the speech? "I thought he was dead" "What are those?" "Who's that" "Is that the bad guy?" "Look there's one of the towers, where's the other one?" (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr)After the movie was over he said "So now you have to wait for the 3rd one to come out? Isn't it called Return of the King?" "Yes dad, it comes out in December." "So who's the king?" "Aragorn." "Who?" So I go back to the next to last scene to show him who Aragorn is. "So he's the king?" He asks. "Yeah" "He doesn't look like the king." Then i go in to an explanation of who Aragorn is and what his past was (so on and so forth) and how he was the heir to the throne, it wasn't that long of an explanation, i left it plan and simple. My dad turns to my mom and goes "Did you catch any of that?" My mom, whom i think was a bit annoyed said "Yes, i caught all of it." He asked and he doesn't even want to hear the answer! He then goes on to say that he still has no desire to see any of the movies. Goal in life: Force Dad to watch LotR. <P>Sorry, i just had to share this - I was so Annoyed!!!!

Elentári
09-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Ahh, now that does sound like a pain in the arse...my family on my dad's side were all eager for me to watch it, and my mum was willing too...I've just converted my brother, so we're all happy families on that front!<BR>Well when I finally wanted to watch FotR, it was late February...the first cinema we went to I couldn't see it (and it was mid afternoon!!!!) because it was FULL!!!!!! In February!!! So I had to go to a cinema in another town...but I got to see it, at least <BR>When it came round to TTT, I saw it at about 3pm, having legged it straight from school (we finish at 2:45pm on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays). It was full! Completely packed! We had to sit right at the front and crane our necks to see it! (At that particular cinema you come in from the bottom and the top fills up first...but on the other hand all the Warner Brothers I've been to - ie 2- have been like that). And anyway I was soo annoyed at all the changes...........grrrrrrrr. But I was thinking, aren't all you people meant to be at work??!!! Til at least 5pm??? Oh well, it was a good atmosphere!<BR>One of the next couple of times there were these really youg kids watching it...and yes it was 'awww those bunnis are so sweet' etc...grr...but apart from that, it looks like I've had it easy!

Elwen_starmaiden
09-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Well, I went to see TTT for the third time and this silly woman down my row kept cheering on the first appearance of every character! Including Shadowfax!! Sure he's a cool horse and all but seriously! I also watched POTC (yes I like OB but I'm not obsessed)and there was an OB fan club there Every funny part was 10x funnier to those girls! I wanted to slap them up the head so badly. I also saw the Hulk and this dumb couple brought their baby, possibly 5 months old! Need more babysitters in this world!

HCIsland
09-03-2003, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I also saw the Hulk and this dumb couple brought their baby, possibly 5 months old! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Wierd, the same thing happened when I watched Hulk. I assume you weren't in the same theatre Elwen. <P>This one really bugs me. I'm a parent with two boys. I love movies and I never did this. My kids are now old enough that we go to movies together, but before it would mean a sitter or (far more commonly) waiting for it to come on video.<P>H.C.

Ainaserkewen
09-03-2003, 05:30 PM
I think all this legolas fun is deliberate, to try to get teenaged girls into the theater to see him, or Elijah, middle-aged women too, and my dad because he has a thing for poity eared females(the trekie)<BR>It's all propaganda and I think it's funny. And fun...<P>My 12 year old sister's best friend came to my house the day ttt came out to watch it. Neither of them had read the books and I knew that my sister has a thing for Viggo and her friend for Orlando. I got to play the part of the stuck up older sister who laughes bitterly when leggie comes out and they both stretch their arms out as if to smother him. They took me in as their LOTR goddess so they could get all the information on Leggie that they could, I don't mind being a no-it-all with kids like that.

Evisse the Blue
09-03-2003, 07:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> The owner of the theater who is a huge fan on the opening night made it s only true fans could enter the movie. This is how he did it, he made each of us take this quiz of five questions here they are<BR>1) What do the initials for J.R.R. Tolkien stand for? <BR>2) How many rings of power are there?<BR>3) What does Gandalf become after his fight with the Bolrog?<BR>4) Who are the members of the fellowship and their race?<BR>5) What awaits the Fellowship in the halls of Moria?<BR>In addition, you know what only about 20 people got in on the opining night and the owner gave us all free cupons to see the Two Towers <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Wow! How cool is that! I wish have watched TTT cinema-style with such selected company! <P>As for my TTT experience, well I have to say that there are some people who go to this movie just because they heard it did well at the box office so far and needless to say they don't know **** about Tolkien and if by any chance they saw the first one, it was way back and memory has failed them since. Hence the dumb comments shouted so as the whole room will hear. Oh, yeah, and cell phones. And small talks like "oh, I heard a great joke today, it goes like this" - right in the middle a scene others happen to find very interesting. <BR>Really...I shudder to think what's gonna be when ROTK comes out.

The_Hand
09-04-2003, 10:19 AM
Okey... I must confess. I can't take it anymore!! After reading about everyones ttt experience I have to say that me and my friends are one of those who can't stop taking. BUT before everyone hate me I would like to say this:<BR>I NEVER talked once during lotr!! And if someone just has to ask me a question I use speacial signs (made em myself). <BR>I do try to keep it down... quite often, but it's not easy! I can't explain the need to comment on everything and everyone.<BR>My sisters worse so there. <BR>I will always try to better myself and I shall never make a sound when I watch rotk! I promise. And don't worry about hearing me next time you go to the movies because I probaly don't live near you (well you can only hope )<P>Okey I to have a story, but not huge and this is from our (the movie talkers side): Me, my sister and my bestfirend went to se a horror movie (me and my sister had seen it before) and she (me friend) wanted me to tell her when the real scary bits were coming (she really gets scared) and so we of course (so as to keep her from running out screaming) had to tell her. My sister added a few scary parts because it was real funny watching her cover her eyes for no reason. And suddenly a women from behind us start making hushing noises. Well we stop... for a while. Then a scary bit comes and my friend start screaming. And the woman starts telling stuff like "stop it or go home" and stuff really loud and I mean come on! It's a horror movie! We have to scream a little bit... okey not very convincing... I'll just try to be more quiet!

HCIsland
09-04-2003, 11:29 AM
I get incredibly annoyed with disruptive people in theaters. To me it's just incredibly rude. Mr. Hand, obviously a certain level of screaming is to be expected in a horror movie, so I'm not talking about you, but ...<P>1. talking<BR>2. cell phones (is it that hard to turn them off?)<BR>3. infants<BR>4. twerps with laser pens<BR>5. anything else that disrupts other people's enjoyment of the movie ...<P>is selfish and childish behaviour. This is true for LotR or anything else.<P>H.C.

Faramir Fan
09-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Not to mention when your kid nudges you during the Battle of Helm's Deep and announces that he has to go pee...

HCIsland
09-04-2003, 11:51 AM
What do you think the empty Coke cup is for? <P>H.C.

The_Hand
09-04-2003, 01:22 PM
Hi. Well I've just been to movies as in since my last post. and I actually had someone else disturb me (which isn't to often because I'm the one that is normally doing it). We were watching a norwegian comedy (very funny!!) and a woman with like four kids were making a lot of noise. They couldn't sit still! They were always coming up to their mummy and talking. I mean if your kids can't sit still then don't take them to the movies!!! How annoying!! This really makes me think about being more quiet when I am at the movies... but I don't think that's likely to happen anytime soon.<P>ps: It's just plain Hand (or Hånda) and drop the Mr... I'm a woman! Thanks.

HCIsland
09-04-2003, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> and drop the Mr... I'm a woman! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Oops. Sorry. <P>H.C.