PDA

View Full Version : Suicide Orc

Edge
01-03-2003, 08:54 PM
I apologize in advance if someone has asked this before, but when the Orcs stuff the powder in the wall and the Orc sacrifices himself, was the powder gunpowder? That is what I thought it was. And then I thought, if they can have gunpowder to create explosions, then how come Sauron didn't just create a gun to blow Aragorn or somebody away right then and there?

Mandos
01-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Sauron didnt have gunpowder. Saruman did. However, just because he knew how to make gunpowder, doesnt mean he knew how to create a gun. they are complex things that Saruman would need much time to make and mass produce for his armies. Look at our own history, the Chinese invented gunpowder and had it for hundreds of years before the first crude gun was made.

eleanor_niphredil
01-04-2003, 04:06 AM
How cool would that be, a machine gun in middle-earth! Yet another ring! How about a fellowship men-in-black style? They could swoop into Mordor in a cool new jet and bomb Sauron out of there!

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
01-04-2003, 04:08 AM
I'm glad that there were no guns or any other kind of technology like that. It just makes it more classic.

Alex Chamois
01-04-2003, 05:52 AM
Yet the command was given for archers to "fire". Oops

LePetitChoux
01-04-2003, 07:38 AM
I was sitting there thinking, yeah, ok, riiight. Only in Russian. Bombs in Middle-Earth? No. Plain old swords for me, please.

Eomer of the Rohirrim
01-04-2003, 07:54 AM
Guns in Middle Earth would be so uncool. I don't even want to think about guns. Swords all the way.<P>And yes Edge, I am an Edge-Head. Awesome!

eleanor_niphredil
01-04-2003, 11:36 AM
I admitt that swords are much better. In fact, down with all weapons, world peace all the way!<P>But seriously, if you suddenly turned up in Middle-Earth in front of a rabble of orcs, would you rather have a dinky sword or a hugh machine gun? (world peace wouldnt go far either)<p>[ January 04, 2003: Message edited by: eleanor_niphredil ]