PDA

View Full Version : Aragorn's Hair in RotK

Iargwath
01-27-2003, 07:15 AM
I have been looking at pictures of Aragorn lately on the net, and one picture caught my attention. <A HREF="http://lotrpics.123hostnow.com/viggo/aragorn.jpg" TARGET=_blank> Here it is</A>.<BR>It definitely looks from RotK all right (hence the emblem of Gondor on his armour), but what looks strange is Aragorns hair. It looks very light to me. Maybe its a very sunny day <p>[ January 27, 2003: Message edited by: Iargwath ]

Jurion
01-27-2003, 07:55 AM
I think that it's the way the sun shines on his hair.

Gorwingel
01-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Maybe he actually took a bath

eleanor_niphredil
01-27-2003, 11:25 AM
I'm sure that the colour is due to the sun, but dont you think that there is alot less of it?

Jurion
01-27-2003, 11:45 AM
Yeah, I noticed that as well, I liked it better when it was longer though.

eleanor_niphredil
01-27-2003, 11:49 AM
Im sur Frodo lost some of his in the Two towers. Did anyone else notice this? Did he pop nto the hairdressers on the way to Mordor for a quick trim?

HCIsland
01-27-2003, 11:53 AM
He sure looks different.<P>Remember, this is likely a production shot and probably he will be his normal grubby self in the movie. It will be funny when the clean him up at the end. People might be asking, "who is this guy"?<P>Wonder if he'll shave? <P>H.C.

King_Elessar
01-28-2003, 01:17 PM
It's the sun shining on his hair. <P>Maybe he actually took a bath <BR> (quoting Gorwingel)<P>LOL!!! I prefer him in FOTR and TTT.<P>Elessar<P>P.S. Can someone tell me how to quote someone or something??<p>[ January 28, 2003: Message edited by: King_Elessar ]

eleanor_niphredil
01-28-2003, 01:22 PM
to quote, you click the button labled quote, in the instant UBB codes sections when you post. Then you will see this but without the stars<P>[QUOTE*] type you quote here [/QUOTE*].<P>then post.

King_Elessar
01-29-2003, 11:28 AM
Thanks eleanor_niphredil <P>Elessar

Grimbold
01-30-2003, 12:18 PM
There is also of course the ROTK image of Aragorn which appears on the official LOTR homepage. I don't know if there's LESS hair, but he does seem to have it pulled back for a new look, establishing him as the king, and perhaps he will get an awesome helmet at some point.

Finnguala
01-30-2003, 12:21 PM
Hmm... I prefer his 'normal' hair... <p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Finnguala ]

Airehiriel
01-30-2003, 01:57 PM
Someone made the comment to me the other day, I wonder if Viggo went without bathing the whole time, because he seems like one of those REALLY dedicated actors who REALLY gets into his roles. <P>On the exteded FotR DVD, I heard that Viggo took Anduril with him where ever he went. If he was in the car, the sword would be in the back seat, and that he even took it into restaurants with him. <P>Dedications seems pretty strong! Let's hope he really did bathe!

gilraën
01-30-2003, 03:24 PM
Well he was clean in Rivendell, at least, and his hair washed. At least that was one hollywood'ism' that was avoided. <P>Hollywood would have had him gleaming no matter how dirty war and travel would have actually made him

Aylwen Dreamsong
01-30-2003, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>I don't know if there's LESS hair, but he does seem to have it pulled back for a new look <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe Aragorn is beginning to loose his hair. Wasn't he almost eighty when he became king? Sorry, I loaned my books to my cousin, so I can't look up how old he was . He's going BALD!!!<P>Aylwen<p>[ January 30, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]

i*love*orli
01-30-2003, 09:09 PM
I dunno. I suppose he got tired of the completely down 'doo'. Hes going for the new summer look...<P>**did someone say receeting hair line???**

The Silver-shod Muse
01-31-2003, 05:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Let's hope he really did bathe! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Why? It doesn't really matter because we didn't have to smell him. Ah, the small joys of the public!