PDA

View Full Version : Out of all of the characters (movie) who do you think showed the best qualities?

Arinya-Sakiya
06-23-2002, 01:23 PM
Name any character who you think had the best characteristics/qualities, and why.

Evenstar1
06-23-2002, 09:22 PM
Welcome to the Downs, Arinya! <P>First of all, my favorite character was Gollum, b/c he just cracks me up, and I could just FEEL his conflicts!<P>But I am torn on a character that showed the BEST qualities. When I think of Aragorn, the words "noble" and "valor" leap to mind. When I think of Frodo, I think of the fact that he gave his life (essentially) to save Middle Earth. <P>But I guess I'm going to have to go with Sam as being the best. Sam was noble and valient and brave, but he was HUMBLE! And while Frodo was going to give his life for M.E., Sam was ready to give his life for Frodo. The Ring wasn't even Sam's burden to bear. It was Frodo's. But so great was Sam's love for Frodo that he followed him to the ends of the world. (Literally!)

Lush
06-23-2002, 10:57 PM
I think this one is obvious: the Balrog. A demon spirit who can defend his own turf, and show upstar Wizards in pointy hats who's the boss. What's not to admire?

dragongirlG
06-24-2002, 02:38 PM
LOL, Lush!<P>But seriously, I think all the characters showed the best qualities. Aragorn with his leadership, Boromir with his final redemption, Frodo with his sacrifice, Sam with his accompaniment, and Merry and Pippin with their protection of Frodo at Amon Hen, and their eagerness to go with him at the Council of Elrond. And, of course, Gandalf! The pointy hat trick still works, you know!

Lady_Galadriel
06-24-2002, 05:14 PM
I think that all the characters showed admirable qualities, but I think that Aragorn showed best. Throughout the movie he stayed true to Frodo, saving him, and taking close care of him. Also he showed great love and companionship for his brother. <BR>I also liked the way Frodo took on the challenge of carring the ring, eventhough he was not asked to. And Sam, you can't forget him. He stayed with Frodo, and promised never to leave his side. Even in defeat.

Evenstar1
06-24-2002, 09:20 PM
Who was Aragorn's brother? Do you mean Boromir? He wasn't Aragorn's brother. Oh, wait! Do you mean "brother" as in "we are all brothers and sisters to each other?"<P>BTW, welcome to the Downs, Lady Galadriel!

Birdland
06-24-2002, 10:16 PM
Lurtz shows the best qualities by far. He overcame his strange birth to become a leader of his people. He is focused on his goals, (He was told to go find Hobbits, and by Sharky, he found Hobbits!) He obviously works out, indicating his belief that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind. <P>And he is gracious in defeat, indicated by the way he helped Aragorn finish him off by walking into the sword.<P>If the Fellowship had had someone like Lurtz along, they probably would have completed their task a lot sooner.

Lady_Galadriel
06-25-2002, 11:59 AM
Sure, I didnt really understand the whole concept with Aragorn and boromir, but he did call him his brother in the movie... oh well...

Naaramare
06-25-2002, 12:07 PM
*L* He meant it in a comradely way. They weren't actually brothers in a blood-lineage sense. ^^ But I liked that scene.

Daniel Telcontar
06-25-2002, 12:11 PM
Aragorn gets my vote. Although he seems to be a mere wanderer, his stature and actions shows the kingship he has hidden. He follows Frodo towards Mordor, when he could have stayed and tried to win his kingdom. He would forsake all that if Frodo asked him to go with him to Mount Doom. And he holds back all the uruks, so Frodo can escape, although he must have known only a miracle would save him from a foe so great in numbers. And at the end, when Merry and Pippin is captured, he wants to rescue them, although it must seem like a hopeless task. He is for me everything that a man can hope to be.

Lady_Galadriel
06-25-2002, 12:17 PM
oh.... now I understand... Yeah I liked that scene too!!

Daniel Telcontar
06-25-2002, 12:43 PM
what particular scene were you thinking on? The one at Amon Hen where Aragorn tells Frodo to leave?

Veritas
06-25-2002, 12:58 PM
I think all the characters have their own speciabilities, but I would say that Gandalf is on top. His lore is high, and he is a great leader.

lady_galadriel
06-25-2002, 09:44 PM
nah, right before Boromir actually dies and Aragorn is being all sweet and nice to him... that wuz one of the best scene's in the movie

tree girl of middle earth
06-25-2002, 10:13 PM
Aragorn gets my vote too!!