View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 07:01 PM   #132
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> In the book The Two Towers is about nothing but war and suffering. In the Two Towers movie there is hope, love, and friendship. <BR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Maybe you need to reread it because I found that there was a lot of hope, love, and friendship in the book. The book is not just about war and suffering. I really think that you missed a lot of things in the book if all you found was war and suffering. I'm not meaning to insult you or be offensive, I'm just trying to help you. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> there were other changes, but none too drastic <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I beg to differ. I think that there were a lot of unnecessary and uncalled for chnages. Faramir for example. You said 'but none the worse for wear' I think that changing Faramir was a big mistake. He is portrayed completely different in the book. A lot of other changes I felt were drastic but I will not go into them. Just read the posts before and you'll see. <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> Grimtongue <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Is that a new nickname for grima? Hmmm...clever, and interesting... <P> <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I am sure it was not lost on those of you who remember 9/11 that the title of the movie, The Two Towers, was of great significance. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm not sure I undertand what you mean. Please explain. Do you mean that TTT does represent 9/11? Because if you do, I can argue for the rest of my life that it doesn't. And if you mean that there is a link, then you're wrong. They have nothing at all to do with each other. I'm not sure if that is what you're saying, but if you are, that's what I think about it. And sorry if it's not what you're saying.

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote