View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 06:11 PM   #694
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
An amazing job Kitanna, I knew you could do it.

Sorry you had to leave us Nerwen, and sorry we couldn't sacrifice you. To tell you the truth, I didn't think we deserved to have a new wolf, because Nerwen informed us she had things come up and we had the sinister plan of lynching her that day. I wasn't intending on getting tied in too closely, but the more and more Elf-warrior kept begging to get lynched ( ) the harder I tried to get all of you after Nerwen.

Mith and I were laughing because of all the talk about our strategy, we really didn't have anything "pre-planned." (The only thing being trying to sacrifice Nerwen). Everything else we just kind of went with, an "in the moment" sort of thing. I don't know if I told Kitanna, but my other partners knew I was going to act as an ordinary innocent and jump on anything I thought was suspicious (whether they were my teammates or not). And I think it was Mith's reminder that we didn't "know" anything that helped me the most.

I guess I could tell everyone what I sent Shasta after you all lynched him ( :evil laugh: ). This is the play-by-play of what all went through my head in about 3 minutes:
Quote:
Since I caused you a maddening headache and such frustration you will be first to hear my reasons for the fake reveal.

The best case scenario is we lynch an innocent kill you during the night and it's 5-2. So, it still takes 2 more days for a win. The problem I was considered extremely innocent and yet I was still alive, so I didn't know if I could keep the charade up for 2 more days. That was the best case.

So, I thought you might not have used your protection yet, and if we go after you during the night, you stop the kill, it's 6-2 and we have 2 known innocents. That wasn't good. Or we could risk it and kill the hunter hoping we go into the next day 5-2. It still takes 2 more days to win.

That's when I thought you had to go today, I wasn't going to risk you preventing another kill at night, so you had to go today. I back tracked a bit and considered killing an innocent, setting you up tomorrow, but in order for that to work I would probably have had to claim to be the ranger tomorrow. Who would believe me then when I was around at the deadline and I let you get away while we lynch an innocent? I did some final number crunching and if I was successful after all of this it would be 4-1 and it would still take 2 days to win. And plus you wouldn't be there at night to stop a kill. The hunter might be a problem but he's not during the day if his suspicions are wrong.

Thus the conclusion I reached was with already the suspicion around you the last couple days, and no one suspecting me, they would believe me if I just came out right there and claimed to be the ranger. Because why would a wolf Boro do such a thing right?

And I'm telling you this because I honestly believe it, you did great for your first time as gifted, truly an admirable ranger. (My 2 times as a Ranger I've had no successful protections and I believe I've protected more wolves than innocents). Not only that but you even left a clue for everyone if you died! I swear after you said that I thought I was dead. I thought you just outplayed me and my evil plan was going to blow right up in my face. You just had the unfortunate circumstance of being in a village that likes to overthink everything.

So there you have my reasoning before anyone else. When all is said and done they will realize you had a wonderful performance, and I did what I did because I thought we had to get rid of you during the day, to stop you from stopping us at night.
So, Shasta, sorry you got caught up in an evil bluff, but as I said in the game...that was just the way it had to be. Also, something else I took into consideration was I had just made a defense of monstorous proportions for Nogrod (and yes, Nogrod, I was hoping to use that to my advantage), I had added on to Aganzir's suspicion of Kit, and a big reason I did it was because the last wolf was Kit.