View Single Post
Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #22
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up This may be getting silly...

But, with so many Downers living so far apart, what may be more likely and sensible (if that's the right word) would be, not one big massive meet up, but a few. Perhaps roughly the same day or week. We should get one person from each meet to film it and post it up so we can all, in some way, share the experiences.

So, for example;
A British Downer meet could take place somewhere in the midlands like Birmingham or some such. In the hope that its not too far away for people, of course. Or, better yet, some place where there are things to do, places to visit and so on.
Or how about Scotland? A sibling of mine went up there with friends and they all banded together to rent a cottage for a week. I wonder if there is anywhere in the lakes or something we Britons could do that?

A Scandinavian meet has already happened and it wouldn't be fair... Just kidding.

A general European meet in... urm... Dusseldorf? Or the south of France... just outside Christopher Tolkien's house.

An American meet (may have to be divided into North and South?) in whatever places are most applicable. Close to Canada so our Canadian friends can plausibly get there.

I don't know... something like this?