View Single Post
Old 09-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #15
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
So unless those flets were hooked up to some good plumbing, the answer is no: much like ladies, Elves produce no excrement.
What about Balrogs and Melian, though? Or even the Istari? (though I suppose they must, as they actually have the body of men.)

I must agree with skip spence that if you saw an elf doing manual work (other than smithing, which could be made to look elegant), then they lose their grace. So did elves build houses and flets, or did they get "lesser" beings to do it for them. And furniture too.

And also, I think that elves' strength is more strength within and about themselves, like quick running, high and far jumping (though I'm sure that one of the criteria to be in the fellowship was to be a good jumper), and a lot of strength in fighting. Oh, and mentally.
I just don't think that their strength is expressed in such primitive ways as "lifting stuff up".