View Single Post
Old 02-25-2009, 01:59 AM   #383
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
But if the not-dead person was indeed a Black Knight save, that implies that whoever it was was evil. And since the Knight can't protect two days in a row...

Of course, that's too much for an innocent to hope for. I think it's still in the Queen's interest to keep those wolves around for a little while longer.
Actually I can't see why the Queen wouldn't want to kill a wolf if she has the opportunity. While it may help to have them around in numbers, they're still not on the same team and at some point the wolves will want the kill the BQ...and it could be especially bad if the BB dreams of her. If she has a window of opportunity to eliminate one of them, why not take it? For one thing, it's a guaranteed kill. The only reason I can see why she wouldn't is if she suspects the save was the BR and feared that he may hunt her. I think I would almost rather leave the BQ alone just for toDay if there's any possibility that she might kill a wolf.

Then again, I don't know if we can be sure she targeted a wolf. Would it be possible that the wolves chose to protect someone else if they suspected/knew that they were the Black Pawn? Of course, if the Black Queen eliminated the BP instead it wouldn't be so bad either...but then again, that could be another reason for her not to kill her original target since the BP should be on her side..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
I'm again concerned by Brinn and Phantom's votes. Now I realize Phantom was being silly (and he did explain himself toDay) but that's two Days in a row in which Brinn has influenced the....oh my giddy aunt. Phantom may be right. And if anyone makes sense for the double vote power, it's her.
Or phantom, since he has voted no differently than me.

Quote:
Day One it was a tie between Gwath and Fea. Brinn put in her vote for Gwath at the last minute, and Gwath was the unfortunate loser of the tie. (What if it really wasn't a tie?)
I doubt that. Mods will sometimes give subtle hints or even slightly mislead the village, but I've never heard of a mod that would outright lie to us. Which is exactly what he would've had to do for that scenario to work out.

Since Shasta's around, perhaps he can tell us. Was the Day 1 lynch really a tie? Or is the actual vote count to remain a secret?

Anyway, we can't really know what the WQ's power is for sure...it's all just speculation. One possibility that came to mind is perhaps the White Queen has the power to save a lynch candidate she thinks is innocent. Kind of like a ranger, but during the Day. But then, why wouldn't there just be no lynch instead?

Quote:
Brinn just jumped out at me because she's been alarming me for a bit and your suggestion made enormous amounts of sense.
Just wondering, how does alarming* equal White Queen? I thought the WQ was on the village's side. Is there a reason think otherwise?

*By alarming, I'm assuming you mean suspicious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnemo
Sweetheart, Nerwen's dead.
I think Sally was talking about her computer. Yes, apparently she has a name for her computer. Though strange that of all names, it is called Hunter...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
My thought, is if the WQ were responsible for it - wouldn't Shasta of attributed xer for it; rather than Sauron?
An interesting thought. Though, what does that imply? That Sauron is not only controlling the game but is in it as well? Bah, at this point I'm feeling like anything is possible...