View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #468
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Mac was killed by the wolves. I must say I found this surprising. When Rikae had to drop out and Mac joined in her place I had sort of assumed that he must have some kind of role as otherwise Rikae would have just dropped out and left the game with fewer people. Because she felt it important to make sure someone took over, I just figured it meant she was something. Given the number of Hunters in this game it surprised me the wolves didn’t leave Mac be in case he was one.

Roa – look at those who defended Rune and voted Hakon as the wolves may have tried to help Rune make Captain. With three other wolves I think there are almost too many options though. Yes one might have defended Rune, but one might have been outright against him and one might have given a staunch defense of someone else and ignored Rune … it’s as good a place to start as any I just don’t think it will give you any very definitive answers. I do agree about having a new captain each Day. If the Captain is a wolf we definitely don’t want them having extra power, and even if they’re innocent there’s nothing to say that bad decisions wouldn’t be made. Analyses Boro. Good work, but I felt that Boro was being his typical ‘it’s Day 1, let’s play!’ self and so bits of poor reasoning or seemingly random actions were actually just that. He wasn’t trying yet. Analyses Legate – pretty much comes to the conclusion that he is suspicious. On reading through I can see many of her points. The seeming flip-flop on whether a captain should be allowed to gain more power or not. The going round in circles of reasoning (that’s why I always find Nog suspicious!). What she says about his dealings with Rune are interesting too. I would want to look at Legate again myself though rather than base any opinion on another’s analysis. That said I don’t feel Roa was twisting anything to her point. When she saw a reasonable point she allowed it to remain one. Ah I see why Roa is suspicious –she think Legate is trying to retain the captaincy. Not sure about that but I can see where she’s coming from. Analyses Greenie – interesting if she really did think one way for Hakon and the other for Rune if they did the same thing, though of course a lot can depend on knowing the person. We all know Rune is a bold player. I for one don’t know Hakon at all. Defends Lommy but maybe only because Legate was suspecting her.

Valier – turned out to be the Cobbler. I can see why Fea was suspicious of her. She said the posts were ‘synthetic’ I think, and that’s about the right word. Why mention Boro? As we now know Boro was innocent it seems like she’s trying to throw suspicion at him. None of the statements really end. ‘I must also say that I was quite surprised at Rune being a wolf.’ … because? Interesting that the Cobbler would want a powerful captain. I suppose whether wolf or innocent the captain could potentially cause chaos, always interesting to a cobbler.

Fea – suspects Valier. Votes Roa for speaking sense. Given that I agree about the captain issue I can understand this. I have just realised what I’ve just written about captains exactly echo’s what Fea said. Says she didn’t trust Legate but is now feeling better about him – I found the same thing. Very non committal. Says nice things about Nienna.

Legate – did no one else wonder about Mac’s role before he died? Legate seems to assume that Mac was a trailless kill, or perhaps had Ranger hinted (I think that’s what he’s getting at). On the side of actually letting a Captain have some powers. I can see the interest in seeing how the role would work but I think it’s too dangerous. Defends his reasoning. I can see his point, yes whatever a captain did s/he would have to answer for it the next Day, the trouble is that by that Day the damage would already have been done. Fairly sound defence here. Wants to look at Lottie and Valier as they voted Rune for captain. Starts to get a bit cross. A little early to be getting so defensive but he is a major figure right now so most people are focusing on him. Suspects Lommy for not flip flopping enough and being worried about him .Also seems too confident about Hakon being innocent. Takes himself out of the running for captain by voting Nienna.

Nienna – confused by Fea’s vote as she wants either to stick with a captain or not have one. I think it would be a shame to just not have one, having more people being voted for and a role that much of the discussion centres round has really opened things up I feel. But I still wouldn’t want to keep a captain long enough to give them that much power. Defends (ish) Legate and suspects Fea. Same point as me about doing own analysis not relying on someone elses. Analyses Nerwen (why?) and concludes she seems innocent. Thinks only an innocent should be captain and as she thinks Legate is the person she sees as most innocent he should stay captain. Fair reasoning, I just worry about the power. Thinks Valier and Lottie suspicious – again like everyone else I think. Thinks Valier bandwaggoned and has no substance.

Lottie – a list post but with nothing behind it. Voted Rune for captain because he seemed confident. I think that’s fairly good reasoning actually. If you’re going to have a captain who has the power to break ties etc you do want someone who will be involved and around at the deadline and who won’t waste the chance.

Sally – thinks Brinn is a wolf, just a feeling. Thinks Rune might have been trying to frame Valier so doesn’t want to vote for her. Also some suspicion of Lottie but again doesn’t want to lynch her because she’s new. Asks to be talked with. Interesting but I did talk with her and she came across as very innocent.

Nerwen – round in circles about how the wolves might be acting. Lists the votes to look for connections. Doesn’t really seem to go anywhere with that. By the way Nerwen, I did vote on Day 1. Analyses Mac and ends up thinking that it actually wasn’t a trailless kill but might be being used to try and push suspicion on people. I think it a little odd that she wanted to get a new lynch candidate in.

Brinn – now this wolf kill I do think was simply a trailless one. (Sorry, jumping to the next Day here a bit.) With the knowledge that she wouldn’t be around much I think it was an easy and somewhat mean kill. Said she would have suspected Rune the Day before, maybe but then it’s always easier to say that in hindsight. Thinks Lottie is a little suspicious but wants to leave her as she’s a newbie. Fair enough. Thinks Valier would not have communicated so much with Rune if also a wolf so won’t vote her. Votes Nerwen due to bad vibes. Not great reasoning but she was playing catch up.

Gwath – complains about people putting in lists to supplement their post count. Might have been a dig at Nerwen. Actually says what I’d have been thinking if around that Day, why not lynch Boro anyway and only lose one person rather than two. But then no one really knew what was going on with that anyway.

Lommy – I think there’s a little dig at Roa there. Thinks Legate is being too careful. On this occasion I disagree. Day 1 I didn’t like his playing style, but having read through his Day 2 posts I feel that they’re actually reasonable and well made points. Good reasons from Lommy for not wanting him to remain captain though. Again this assumption that Mac was a no trace kill. Thinks Valier suspicious. Says she may vote Roa for captain but worries that once she is captain no one will want her to stop being captain. Interesting idea actually, especially as there is a little contingent that would like to see a stable captain. Interesting use of the night guard role. Lottie and Valier suspicious, same reasons as most others.

Greenie – takes Legate’s reasoning for her own about walking the line on Rune. I mean fair enough, yes you could want someone to just be in the village without wanting them to be captain. Odd. Says she’d be fine with keeping Legate as captain but also says that she’s not convinced about seeing a captain with full powers. Yet surely if Legate stayed captain that Day he’d have ended up with full powers? Still doesn’t actually answer about that even when asked directly. Bit worried about Lottie. Thinks she personally wouldn’t have found Valier suspicious but thanks to everyone else now does. Worried about Roa and Lommy.

Captain:
Fea – Roa
Brinn – Roa
Lommy – Roa
Nienna – Legate
Sally – Nienna
Roa – Lommy
Nerwen - Nienna
Greenie – Nienna
Valier – Legate
Legate - Nienna

Night guard:
Brinn – Kath
Lommy – Nerwen
Fea – Lommy
Sally – Kath
Nienna – Nerwen
Roa - Gwath
Nerwen - sally
Valier – Lommy
Greenie – Kath
Legate – Nerwen
Gwath - Lommy

Lynch:
Brinn – Nerwen
Lommy – Valier
Roa – Legate
Nienna – Valier
Nerwen - Lottie
Valier – Lottie
Sally – Lottie
Greenie – Valier

Right, off to get some food now. Will return and have a (quick!) look at toDay and then vote and go!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote