View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 12:44 PM   #108
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë View Post
I made my own, from a Beech branch I found in the woods, and then sat by a moorland stream whittling it with my penknife! The best part about this was that passing hikers thought this was all perfectly normal behaviour and even looked fairly impressed.
I have another staff that I carved myself from the branch of a corkscrew willow (very cool tree if you've ever seen one) from one of my properties. It's over 6 feet long (nearly as tall as me!), but willow wood is exceedingly light but strong, so I've actually hiked with it. And the convoluted twists of the wood as it winds from top to bottom makes it look...ummm...twisted. Serpentine even.