View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 09:44 AM   #139
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
On my lunch, so only a chance to respond to something directly. Will be able to return in 4-ish hours and then around until the DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Um... what information?! They're a pair of ordos! The only information they could have is 1) their own beliefs and 2) some arbitrary piece of data from the Mods, selected from a list we've never seen; it would be literally impossible for us to gain information on that from a single vote. The fact that apparently you looked at that and went 'hmm, I bet people are going to try and construct a scheme to utilise this valuable resource' is just... like, did you forget that you didn't manage to kill the Seer, Borowolf?
Hmm...am I detecting at "let me distract Boro by trying to create an argument over something that has no bearing on who he suspects or plans to vote for." Thus derailing the day's conversation about Boro saying he would ignore any plans to direct the dead thread vote, instead of actually debating suspects and lynching a wolf today?

I think I do detect an attempted distraction. So, sorry Huey, won't engage in a conversation that looks like you're trying to derail and argue with me about something I said I was going to ignore.

What I will argue about though is Legate's vote analysis:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey
I happily accepted the 'narrow net' comment at face value on my first readover, but that's the point of a good wolf misrepresentation: it's close enough to true that people will remember the misdirect better than what it's purportedly summarising. In fact, looking at Legate's post #124, he not only discusses me and Lommy as 'second voters', but also highlights Pitch's vote as "sinister... potentially throwaway", and highlights "the one visibly throwaway" vote as... Boro, noting that it "raises my alertness when it comes to Boro".

So Boro's comment, which reductively summarises Legate's "net" as catching just me and Lommy, doesn't just ignore his comments on Boro - it strongly implies that they didn't exist, and looks very much like a wolfish attempt to memory-hole the suspicion.
You're right in that post he mentions my vote as a throwaway as mildly suspicious and Pitch's was "sinister." Not sure I like that comment very much. Pitch's vote is a throwaway in that it wasn't going to change the outcome, Greenie had already reached 3 votes first, but I don't know how that makes it "sinister."

But my "narrow net" comment is about how he waves away the other people who voted for Huey and Greenie. He sort of waves away the 1st votes (his and Morsul) under the "1 vote doesn't make a bandwagon, so the 1st votes were people offering more alternatives." And focuses the scrutiny on the people who made the 2nd votes (Lommy and Huey)...which as noted in my conspiracy post. It's the 2nd time that Legate has seemed to direct the scrutiny on "Huey + one other"

The reason it's a conspiracy is because I think Legate looks the worst out of the two (him and Huey). So, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Legate would simply attach himself to an innocent Huey to keep a smaller list of suspects.

Edit: crossed with Legate twice, have to be away though. Will return in 4ish hours
Edit 2: Changed the 2nd quote, I mistakenly assigned it to Legate. So corrected it to Huey

Last edited by Boromir88; 04-23-2021 at 09:50 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote