Thread: Duel of Doom!
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 10:25 AM   #1
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up Duel of Doom!

I don't know how many of you saw davem's thread about the other Lord of the Ring's films by John Boorman. Now, one of the changes he suggested was this...

Quote:
There's a duel between the magicians, Gandalf and Saruman. I was inspired by an African idea of how magicians duel with words, which I had read about. It was a way of one entrapping the other as a duel of words rather than special effects flashes, shaking staffs, and all that.
[Reads from script]:
GANDALF: Saruman, I am the snake about to strike!
SARUMAN: I am the staff that crushes the snake!
GANDALF: I am the fire that burns the staff to ashes!
SARUMAN: I am the cloudburst that quenches the fire!
GANDALF: I am the well that traps the waters!
This amused me, and I thought it would be interesting. It'd make me wet myself if in a Lord of the Rings film, but I think it belongs in mirth!

I propose a game, of sorts. A little like Fortunately / unfortunately in format, the game goes as shown above. Playing as Either Saruman or Gandalf, we have a little duel of words in this sort of manner. Make sure they get nicely ridiculous (while remaining Middle Earth related).

So, here is an example...

One Downer-
Saruman: I am the slug that eats your garden!

another -
Gandalf: I am the salt that dissolves the slug (and flavours my food).

Another-
Saruman: I am the vinegar that neutralises the salt!

And so on.

So, lets get started...

Saruman: I am the fire that burns your hat...