View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:49 PM   #72
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Breaking News...

Cheif of Police retires.
By Chris Pritchard.

After a long and bright career, Police chief Davem of the yard has stepped down as head of New Down-land Yard. He began his days as a low ranking PC but slowly built his way up (and down) before gaining high reputation amongst all the Barrow Downers, minting a spot just below his wife, Lalwendė for many years.
The news came as a shock to many Downers as the Legend made a statement earlier today, saying, "I'm just going outside. I may be sometime."

He has been widely regarded as one of the chief non-mod members of the Barrow Downs for a good while now and his resignation is a real blow. Many members such as MP narfforc MP have offered condolences and have said that he will be missed.

The Wight has also been known for his acting, his massively popular one-man show 'The search for the Legendarium' grossed over £100,000 in the last few weeks. A hard blow for the Downs, indeed. Although he was not popular with everyone and had his fair share of arguments and bickerings, it is but a small blotch on an otherwise superb record.

[Please note: Future weeks of The Downer will still mention him because I wrote them three weeks in advance before this news came out... so... ignore it].