View Single Post
Old 02-16-2003, 03:41 AM   #51
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

Gilbo, very interesting thoughts on the ring. It makes me think...

dininziliel, yep, that does validate a lot of what I was saying.

About 'forgiveness', that is strange how we have not yet discussed it. I'm not sure if it would have made much of a difference, if any at all. It's late, and I'm tired, so maybe I'll try discussing it tomorrow or something.

Here's another bit of advice. When posting anything, cut/copy/paste can be your best friends. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Ta Da! The ball is in your court Mr. Frodo.
I guess it's time to play!

Quote:
Though Sam may have dealt a blow, it was not he who forced the weakness on Gollum. Furthermore, it was not intentional
True, but it was just coincidence. Sam and Gollum are the type of people who just don't get along. For no apparant reason they just hate each other. Sam doesn't like Gollum, so he picks on him and calls him names and stuff. Gollum doesn't like being treated this way therefore he doesn't like Sam. Sam accuses Gollum of sneaking when Gollum is on the verge of repenting. Sam didn't do this to pprevent Gollum's repentence, it was unintentional. He was doing it because he didn't like Gollum and that was a way of insulting him. However, it was wrong for Sam to insult Gollum all the time, including that time. The main thing is, instead of a minor bad thing happening (Sam insulting Gollum), a major bad thing happens (Sam prevents Gollum's repentence). So Gollum would be a changed ring addict if Sam had been a good little hobbit. Well, that's a little crude, but you see what I mean, right?

I'm tired. If you want me to explain further, I will. Until then, good night. [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img]

-Willie