View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 03:40 AM   #44
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Tolkien

Quote:
Gwahiar was a descendent of Thorondor
If Thorondor was a Maiar or at least an Ainor, then it may go some way to explain why Gwihiar was so willing to Help Mitrandir. The Business of healing him from "A particularly nasty arrow wound" could have helped, but then only for one occasion I suppose, the Eagles are proud they would not willing carry one who they did not know to be trustworthy of friendly.

Also *IF* Thorondor was a Maiar (Or Ainor) then Gwihir with the same blood in him, would have been able to see who Gandalf was really, Olorin. Perhaps, if this is true, he wished to befriend someone from the blessed realm, who was wise and powerful. This would explain why he swallowed his pride so many times to carry Gandalf and his friends (I.e. Aragorn in RotK and the Dwarves and Bilbo in The Hobbit)

Or maybe I’m going mad and seeing things that aren’t there... again!