View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:06 AM   #17
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The Eyrie copter

With the vehicles nearly out of sight, Dwarfy the Dwarf turned to the crowd and pointed towards the giant Palantir that he had had shipped over from Valinor via his 'underground' connections. He had given each of the drivers a small palantir, not powerful enough to transmit images, but good for a chat.
"Here we can watch the race," he said, "follow your favourite, and keep buying pop-corn!" the crowd laughed as Dwarfy bowed and left the podium. He made his way over towards five Eagles who were guarding a large construction. It seemed to be a giant nest, yet with a great pole sticking out of the top, and a thing that seemed to be a tale. Out of the top of the pole, were four great strips of iron that pointed in different directions.
Dwarfy bowed to the Eagles and said, "Thank you most kindly sirs, for bringing me this at such short notice." he placed ten silver coins in the largest Eagle's coin bag which hung about his neck.
"Not at all," replied the Eagle, "The pleasure was all ours. Please take care of our Eyrie copter!" Dwarfy bowed again and leaped into the nest. He went to the front and took hold of a large staff that was sticking out of the nest floor; he then pulled a smaller staff back and forth. As he did this, the pole on which the four iron strips were on, began to rotate, they got faster and faster until the four strips looked like a transparent circle above the eyrie. All of a sudden, the contraption took off into the air and soared above the clouds.

Dwarfy smiled and hummed a little dwarven tune to himself as he sailed above Mirkwood. He took out a small palantir and spoke to it;

"Attention all drivers!" and they all listened, "Looking out over the land and at your locations, I see you are all pretty much neck and neck. But there appears to be a challenge coming your way!"