View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 09:11 PM   #106
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie Send a message via AIM to MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie
1420!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> He rewrote some major characters, but that in itself doesn't make me mad. Here is what makes me made. I am made becuase PJ's version of Faramir or Theoden now has the same credibility that Tolkien's does in the eyes of the public. I now that many of the people who watch TTT have never read the book and might never read it. In their eyes PJ's Frodo and PJ's Arwen are the real versions of the character and that Tolkien's characters are in some distant second. By puting the book on film he has lent authority to his interpretation and his vision. Now he can claim that his vision is the correct one. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I agree with you Turoch. I already know people who have already, and people who will see PJ's version as the real story. They think that the elves actually did show up to hlms ddep and other stuff like that. Also, they think that they know everything about LotR just because they saw it three times. That makes me really furious. They have absolutely no respect for the books and no intention of reading them. They feel that since they saw the movie, they don't need to read them. They argue that it was the tightest movie they have ever seen and that its the best and its perfect. That is not true at all. Everybody has their opinion, but it is not perfect. Also, I don't know if this is common, but two people I know have started to read TTT after seeing the movie and they say its wrong and that they don't like it. Well, look what you've done you flipping jack*** Peter Jack(***)son. You've just screwed to people's chances for seeing LotR the way it really was, and I don't know how many other's chances you have ruined. As I said before, PJ put in too much of his vision crap and strayed too far from the book. Actually, 'strayed' is such and innocent word, how about 'diliberately ran from' instead. And for the people who do read the books and like them, its hard for tehm to accept the fact that the books version is the way it really happened. I don't know any people who have done this yet, but I'm sure there are some people reading about Helms Deep in the book and asking themselves in a confused fasion, "where are the elves?" And I'm sure it will be very dissapointing to them when they find out what things were really like. Who knows, maybe they'll hate PJ too and curse his name forever for screwing up their LotR experience.<p>[ December 21, 2002: Message edited by: MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie ]

-Willie
MLD-Grounds-Keeper-Willie is offline   Reply With Quote