The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Ring WWXLV: The Fellowship of Saruman

This is the game thread. No out-game posts here. All questions go to the Admin Thread, please.

BRIEF RULES

Deadline is 9 PM GMT.

Votes are not retractable.

No double-lynches. In the case of a double-lynch, a lynchee will be chosen randomly.

!!!Posting in-character is compulsory!!!

For more details about the rules, check the admin thread.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Prologue: The Council of Elrond

"Alas!" said Saruman. "I know too well how deep my treachery reached. I pity it, and I can only hope that all I have caused can be healed yet."
"Truly we all hope for that," said Elrond. "But let us not be troubled by the past anymore! We have the advantage of the moment, when the Enemy is in doubt: he did not learn yet that Saruman has returned to our cause. And Saruman the Wise is here with us again, and who else could be of more help to us in this perilous time?"
"But what are we going to do?" Frodo asked.
"The Ring cannot stay here, that much is clear," Elrond replied. "Now at this last we must take a hard road, a road unforeseen. There lies our hope, if hope it be. To walk into peril - to Mordor. We must send the Ring to the Fire."

Silence fell on the room. At last Saruman spoke. "It is as Elrond said. The road must be trod, but it will be very hard. And we need both strength and wisdom to carry us upon it, and more. This quest must be attempted by the strongest of all, for everything depends on it. Messengers will be sent out with the Ring, in small numbers, but the stronger must be their spirits and arms. We have been pondering this for a long time with the others of the White Council, and we made the choice at last."
"We agreed with Saruman that the Ring went on," said Elrond. "Bilbo's part in the tale was already finished, and also Frodo has already fulfiled his task and brought the Ring to Rivendell. Therefore, Saruman suggested another hobbit being called to complete the task."
"This person is going to represent all the halflings on the most important mission," said Saruman. "And so, I decided to turn to one I know about, and the one who is really a worthy representative of the Shire's folk. This time, the bearer cannot be chosen not just by mere coincidence, as it was in Bilbo's and Frodo's case, but after a deep thought and responsible choice. It was a good fortune, which brought the Ring to the two former bearers; but now, it is time to make choices of our own. And this is what we were appointed to."
"And whom did you choose?" Frodo asked.
"The name Baggins and its importance for the tale of the Ring is not going to be forgotten," said Saruman with a mild smile. "And so the third Halfling Ringbearer is going to be one who bears this name as well. I know the Sackville-Bagginses, and they are noble and strongwilled. The name of the Ringbearer we chose is Lobelia Sackville-Baggins."
Bilbo's face seemed to freeze in surprise and his eyes stared wide on Saruman.
"But -" he stammered. "But -"
"I understand your feelings, dear Bilbo," said Gandalf. "But, if the Wise have accepted Saruman back, why should you not accept Lobelia as the one carrying the Ring?"
Bilbo sighed. "You are right. It is just... strange that the events unfolded like this."
"You can be proud of yourself," Saruman said. "And, I believe it is time to invite the new Ringbearer among us." He nodded at Elladan who stood next to the door. The elf opened the door, and Saruman spoke up with a loud voice:
"Please, Lobelia, come in."

The venerable Sackville-Baggins entered, clothed in noble gown and with firm expression in her face. All eyes turned on her; some were looking at her with amazement. Bilbo sighed and turned away, shaking his head.
Saruman took a few steps towards the incomer and stood by her side.
"Mistress Lobelia Sackville-Baggins," he said, half towards the audience, half towards her. "Welcome here. You heard what has been said. Do you still hold to your word that you will be the Ring-bearer?"
"I do," said Lobelia, and the expression of her face was unmoved; only her eyes gleamed with what were maybe tears, maybe not.
"So it shall be," said Saruman. "I can foresee very little of the road; and how the task is to be achieved I do not know. But I have chosen you companions to go with you: I will accompany you to be of counsel and do whatever is in my powers to aid you as far as fate allows. The others of my Order shall go with you, too: Gandalf the Grey, as the Ring concerns him closely; and Radagast the Brown, for this task shall be the fulfilment of what was laid upon him a long time ago. For the rest, they shall represent the other Free Peoples of the World: Elves, Dwarves, Men; and Orcs, too: as even among them many now stand against the oppression of the Dark Lord. Galadriel and Gildor shall be for the Elves; and Dáin Ironfoot for the Dwarves: all of them represent the most powerful lords of their folk in Middle-Earth and if they would not help, then none could."
All eyes turned to the beautiful Elven lords sitting on the opposite side of the room, who seemed to give out a faint light. Then Elrond spoke up.
"Even though Saruman was unsure first when we were discussing it, I believe there lies still much hope with the Men of Westernesse, even though their numbers are few; and the tale of Isildur is a part of their own tale. Therefore, we agreed that Halbarad of the Dúnedain be chosen into the Fellowship as well. The spirit of Númenor lives still, and their strength may be useful on this journey."
"Indeed," said Saruman. "And for strength, there will be also strong arms of an Uruk by your side, Lobelia. Uglúk will go with you; and he is trustworthy, the most trustworthy of all my captains."
Some of those in the room looked at Uglúk with surprise, but the tall Orc did not move.
"And if you are still in lack of valiant men," Saruman continued, "Théodred the Second Marshall of the Mark and Éomer the Third Marshall of Mark will go with you. Their honourable titles speak for them, and now that their land is in peace again, they were allowed to give their hands to our cause. Théodred son of Théoden is one of the bravest men, and bestowing him with this honor is the smallest thing I can do to repay what evil I have caused to the King and his people."
"That makes nine, yet we agreed that there should be twelve companions for the Ringbearer, to make the number of fourteen as long as Saruman is present," said Elrond. "And it will take long to call anyone from distant lands to join us now. But I had forgotten Bombadil, if indeed this is still the same that walked the woods and hills long ago, and even then was older than the old. He is a strange creature, but maybe I should have summoned him to our Council."
"He would not have come," said Gandalf.
"Could we not still send messages to him and obtain his help?" asked Gildor. "It seems that he has a power even over the Ring."
"No, I should not put it so," said Gandalf. "Say rather that the Ring has no power over him, or so it seems."
"The more is Gildor's counsel worth considering," said Saruman, "and I would not be so hasty in dismissing it, even though Gandalf thinks otherwise. Bombadil's aid could mean a lot for our cause: I say we at least try to ask him. I shall see to it myself."
"Then there remain two more to be found," said Elrond. "These I will consider. Of my household I may find some that it seems good to me to send."
"If you permit me, father," Elladan said, standing up, "we don't want to be left behind. We want to go with the Fellowship."
Elrond turned at him, startled. Elrohir rose also and stood by his brother's side.
"That is right, father," he said. "If this is the task of the greatest importance, we should go and represent our house."
Elrond's face was grave now. "I cannot withhold you by force," he said. "But I beg you to reconsider. There are other tasks that need to be fulfilled, of less honour maybe, but also of great importance. You may accompany Aragorn to Minas Tirith if you have the desire for great deeds. But I have seen the horrors of Mordor and do not want to see you going that way."
"We chose already," said Elrohir.
"Let it be so then. You shall go," said Elrond, and he sighed. "Now the tale of Fourteen is filled. As soon as all are present, the Company must depart."

-----------------------------------------------

The Fellowship:

Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
A Little Green - Éomer
Gil-Galad - Gandalf
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nerwen - Elladan
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
THE Ka - Radagast
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

The first part of the Journey will start tomorrow at this time.

No one post here yet until then.

Turn yourselves into the invisible mode if you haven't done so already.

As soon as all roles are sent out, the Traitors may start to PM each other and the Seer may post me his first dream.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-23-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

The Traitors

In the small hours before the dawn, three shadowy figures stood in the darkness outside Elrond's house. There was silence all around, not even a leaf trembled in the still air. The whispering voices of the three shadows floated through the darkened valley, but there was no one to overhear them.

"I do not understand all this," said the first shadow. "Saruman has returned to our cause, but did he not show greater wisdom before? Why is he all of a sudden speaking of destroying?"
"You are right," the second shadow spoke. "What strength have we for the finding of the Fire in which the Ring was made? That is the path of despair. Of folly I would say, if the long wisdom of Elrond did not forbid me."
"And then," said the third shadow, "Why should we not think that the Great Ring has come into our hands to serve us in the very hour of need? Wielding it the Free Lords of the Free may surely defeat the Enemy. That is what he most fears, I deem. Many of the Free Peoples of Middle-Earth are valiant, and they will never submit; but they may be beaten down. Valour needs first strength, and then a weapon. Let the Ring be our weapon, if it has such power as they say. Let us take it and go forth to victory!"
"Alas," the first shadow spoke once again, "we cannot do that. Not when the fate of the Ring is in others' hands. Not when the Fellowship is bound to follow a different course. The others do not share our view of things."
"They are blind," said the second shadow.
"But we cannot oppose them. Not now," the third shadow said. "But what about outside, once we are on the road? The way to Mordor is a long one, and there is still time to turn back at any point. In Rivendell, we have no chance to oppose the Wise, but in small numbers, maybe we may convince the others of the Company, and make them understand."
"I doubt," the second shadow said, "that the others will join us easily. They follow the course set by the Council. They are foolishly following the path into darkness."
"Then we must achieve the supremacy by other means," said the third shadow.
"What do you mean?" the first shadow asked.
"There will be perils known and unknown arising as we go on," said the third shadow slowly. "And what do we know? It's not that hard to get lost along the way, or be beaten in a battle. We cannot avoid such things – and if we take care not to be harmed ourselves, but help the events a little bit so that our most zealous opponents don't get through, we may begin to take over the Company."
The first shadow nodded. "We may even pity the losses," it said. "But we are going to save the Middle-Earth, and what we aim for is far more important than a few individual lives."
"I don't like what you suggest at all," said the second shadow. "You – you realise...?"
"If the fools take the Ring to Mordor, there will be no escape," the first shadow interrupted. "You said there is no chance to find the Fire. The Enemy surely is not sleeping. And you heard what happens when he grasps the Ring: all is going to turn into darkness."
"Yes, this is the only choice we have," said the third shadow. "Maybe you don't realise, but we are the ones on whom the fate of the whole Middle-Earth depends. We must not fail. The Ring must be held back from Sauron's grasp. And this is the only way to do it."
"All right," said the second shadow.

Silence fell once again on the gardens of Rivendell. Above the treetops and above the mountains, milky gray light started to appear. The dawn was coming near.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #4
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

The First Part of the Journey

As even Tom Bombadil was already present, the Fellowship set out. They headed south, at the Ford of Bruinen they left the Road and went on by narrow paths among the folded lands. Their purpose was to hold this course west of the Mountains for many miles and days. The country was much rougher and more barren than in the green vale of the Great River in Wilderland on the other side of the range, and their going would be slow; but they hoped in this way to escape the notice of unfriendly eyes. The spies of Sauron had hitherto seldom been seen in this empty country, and the paths were little known except to the people of Rivendell. What more, their hope lay with passing through Hollin and Dunland unnoticed and reaching Isengard, where they would refresh and continue in their journey eastwards.

However, it was not their fate to take the easy path. They had been a fortnight on the way when the weather changed. The wind suddenly fell and then veered round to the south. The swift-flowing clouds lifted and melted away, and the sun came out, pale and bright. There came a cold clear dawn at the end of a long stumbling night-march. The travellers reached a low ridge crowned with ancient holly-trees whose grey-green trunks seemed to have been built out of the very stone of the hills. Their dark leaves shone and their berries glowed red in the light of the rising sun. And that was the time when Saruman called all the Companions to him, and many who looked at him wondered: as his face was now grim, grey-hued and weary. But before anyone could ask him, Saruman spoke.

"I have grave news for you," he said. "And I know it is not pleasant to hear that, but that is the truth. Last night, something happened that forced me to reconsider and change my plans. The power of the Enemy has moved. I have to leave you."
Screams of surprise were heard. But Saruman raised his hand to make silence.
"What more," he continued, "you need to change your path. Yes, it is like that: the Enemy has learned about my change of sides. Isengard is no longer safe. Sauron will strike soon, and he will strike hard. And bringing you to Isengard will be the most dangerous of all choices. You don't know what powers he is governing. But there is hope even in this turn of events: if you take a different road, and I keep the Enemy focused on Isengard, his Eye may be distracted and you will have safe passage – at least for some time."
Then his face turned stern again. "Unfortunately, this is not the only peril. I have seen other things."
"Seen?" several of the Companions shouted.
"Yes, seen," Saruman said. "And I am not going to withhold this from you. Some of you will understand, and I am not going to lose time with the others who won't. I have looked into the Palantír, and I learned that the Enemy knows. But I also saw something else." He looked at each of the Companions, as if he were piercing them with his gaze. "I know there are three of you who are traitors. You plan to betray the Fellowship. But I was given the chance to repent, and so I give it to you. Come forward now and confess. You will be sent back, but no harm will be done to you and you are free to go wherever you wish. I will lay a Command Word on you not to tell anything to the Enemy, but that will be all."

There was silence. After some time when no one has moved, Saruman slowly nodded. "So be it," he said. "I have no time to spend with you. It is no use arguing. I have, as I told you, some pressing business away south; and I may be already late. We may meet again before all is over, and then again of course we may not. That depends on your strength and courage and sense. But those three of you I have to warn. You may be hidden, but you are alone. The others remain faithful to their mission. If you do not leave your crooked paths, you will die surrounded by enemies. And there is more than you can see. While I will not be present, my legacy remains with you. I carried the Palantír with me all the way – but I don't have it anymore. I have entrusted it to one faithful among you, about whose intentions I am sure. And I know there are more among you devoted to the protection of this Fellowship. Whoever among you is faithful still, try to keep together. Find the traitors, and send them back. This is my last advice. I really must leave now."

With these words, Saruman passed by the silent company. But he could not resist to add several words. He turned for the last time.
"Head for the pass of Caradhras," he said. "There is the road the Enemy would not watch. Goodbye, be careful and – don't forget my thoughts are with you. The power of Orthanc cannot be lightly thrown aside, whatever threats may lie before you."

With these words, Saruman really turned away and disappeared between the rocky slopes of the hills of Hollin.

The Fellowship has entered Hollin.

The Fellowship:

Aganzir - Lobelia Sackville-Baggins
A Little Green - Éomer
Gil-Galad - Gandalf
Groin Redbeard - Dáin II. Ironfoot
Gwathagor - Halbarad
McCaber - Elrohir
Meneltarmacil - Uglúk
Nerwen - Elladan
Nogrod - Tom Bombadil
Rune son of Bjarne - Galadriel
Sally - Théodred
THE Ka - Radagast
Thinlómien - Gildor Inglorion

The first Journey begins. Everyone may post now. Traitors, stop PMing.

Last edited by Legate of Amon Lanc; 03-24-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:54 PM   #5
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
After Saruman vanished behind the hills Tom looked at the others. They seemed troubled and insecure - all thinking of possible schemes Saruman's speech had opened and thence looking at each other wearily. That was not to be if they had to travel that day as well.

So he took his staff and things and started singing loudly while he went on.

Hey dol! Merry dol! Ring a dong dolly!
Ring a dong! Hop along! Fal lal the holly!
Grey's from the mount,
blossoms to count
shining red and found!
On your mount!
There's a day ahead
no time for bed.

The road goes ever on and on,
and c'est si bon, c'est si bon!

Hey! Come merry dol! Derry dol! And Merry-o
Show me the faces more like cheeri-o, cheerio!

Tom is going with the others!
Now, who actually bothers,
the fickle hearts of the young and restless,
like this wizard Saruman this one jestless?
Their mind goes with the wind:
like they feared they'd sinned...

Once this, once that
like a weary blind bat,
they search for the right
even if it's within their might
in the first place,
in their own grace...

Tom's going forwards, bright flowers bringing
Hey! Come merry dol! Can you hear me singing?

Tom walked away from the camp towards the mountains. He was not actually caring whether the others followed or not but he hoped the "eyelash-lifers" would follow his example.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #6
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Halbarad paused for a moment as he looked up towards the mountains in the distance, then concentrated on the trail at his feet as he began to trudge steadily along behind the jolly dancing figure ahead of him. Early starts make easy journeys, he thought to himself, and he prepared his mind for the long day's march he knew was ahead of the party.

He was not happy about Saruman's revelation that there were traitors in their midst. Steady minds are going to indispensable, he thought grimly. Especially with Saruman gone.

He looked over his shoulder to check on the progress of his companions, then back ahead where Bombadil was still dancing and singing nonsense.
Halbarad chuckled slightly. I can't understand a word that funny Bombadil-fellow is saying.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Saruman was gone. Dáin stood still for a long while clutching his red axe, still trying to shake the ever pressing thought of dought in his mind. He eyed his comrades.

"Well it won't do us any good to just sit here, unless we hold council," he said gruffly.

"What should we do now that Saruman has left us and traitors are in our midst?" he barred his teeth and gripped his axe even tighter at the thought.

EDIT: X'ed with Tom Bombadil

Last edited by Groin Redbeard; 03-24-2008 at 04:03 PM.
Groin Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Tom heard the grim words of the dwarf while he was entering the holly-wood.

"We can walk as we talk!" he shouted back and went on bursting to a song once again.

"The traitors they
will slip away
their hearts and minds
as they're in binds
to their lies
like the flies
are to these lilies
and golden daffodillies!
Hey ho, don't you fear
for old Tom is near!"

EDIT: X'd with Halbarad
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Groin Redbeard is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Dáin walked had been walking in silence for a long while, ever since Lobelia refused his help. He had listened to the discusion, and in due time more of the companions began to express their suspicions.

"Well words of wisdom we hear at last from master Bombadil," Dáin said at length. "Although I do not find Gildor's words to be of an evil nature, I do wish that she would provide deeper incite than just a gut feeling of dread of the ranger Halbarad and I, but she does make sense to accuse people of hasty accusations."

"Mistress Lobelia seems to be quite content with reduculing others: describing me as a greedy dwarf and calling the sons of Elrond traitors. Shame on the hobbit! I do not always agree with their council, but you seem to be content with condemning the voice of anyone who speaks; througing confusion in our midst. A cool head is what we need in times like these at that is exactely what Elladin and Elohor have been!"

"I wish that Gandalf would speak, we need his say in the matter, but we have Galadriel and Radagast. Galadriel, my fair lady, you give advice only when spoken to and this is disturbing. Tell us more of your say on the matter, it seems that you hide more than you tell, but please hurry, the night grows ever nearer."

"I have said enough, my thoughts have been expressed, and I am finished for now," and with that Dáin fell back into silence.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:26 PM   #10
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Gandalf pondered at what was said.

"my friends... this ordeal we has only begun, we may have to survive many hardships in order for our goal to persist."

Gandalf looked around the faces of the fellowship.

"the first couple of days will be hard, we may purge our company of the traitors quickly, or we lose some friends. I for one believe we must hear all voices before acting rashily. please note that as the days go by, i will be forced to act and i will deliver justice to the traitors when it is due, but for now i must sit and wait."

Gandalf sighed as he leaned on his staff.

"you ask for my advice, this is it: do not act hastily. consider the options at first. that is all i can say in the matter till our roles are revealed."

"i will not accuse today, i have my suspicions already, but i will not reveal them till next day perhaps."

Gandalf then pulled out his pipe and began smoking some of his pipe-weed.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #11
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"For long I have held your wisdom in reverence and your counsels in my heart, Mithrandir, but now my there's a shadow of doubt on my mind." Gildor paced around rather then walked forward. "Doubtlessly one of the Wise has reasons for his actions, reasons that even we elder Children of Ilúvatar can not see. Yet I do not see a reason to withholding one's suspicions, especially as they are those of one of the Maiar, and a person doing such summons old memories of the servants of the Enemy. Yet where would we be, what would be our efforts, if Mithrandir himself had turned from the path of wisdom and fool's hope? My heart dreads and thus I restrain myself from getting too troubled over this so early." A merry glint appeared to Gildor's eyes. Or maybe the halfling weed has just clouded his judgement for a while, he thought, but knew better than to say it aloud.

Then he burst to a sudden laugh, remembering the recent words of the King of Naugrim. "Most venerable King Ironfoot", he said, "I do understand it is difficult for a Dwarf to tell one Elf from the another, or to determine their genders, but let me say this: I am most definitely male.

And as to your comment on my suspicions of you and the ranger Halbarad, they are simply for you being so quick to agree with the hasty accusations of others. It certainly does not reassure me of your innocence."

edit: xed with the Friend of Birds, the Eldest and the Lady of Light
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:57 PM   #12
Gil-Galad

"my dear Gildor, i advise you not to over stretch your accusations. My goal in this fellowship is to be the middle point, to bring understanding to the table and hopefully save the death of an innocent. If is state who i believe to be the traitors, then i fear that if i am wrong that it will hurt us and bring about the doom on myself as well."

Gandalf crossed over and should in front of Gildor.

"And i will let you know that you were not in my list of traitors, so do not give me reasons to change my mind about you."

Gandalf then looked over to Galadriel

"Fair lady, Halbarad is indeed on my list as i share the same assumptions with you. i will not vote as of yet, i must decide if i must or simply abstain in this matter"

xed: with Halbarad
Old 03-25-2008, 01:02 PM   #13
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
"As I must be away, I shall make this quick. I would not accuse a ranger on this first stage of the journey, so I will give him the benefit of the doubt. The orc gets no such license."

++ Uglúk
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 01:03 PM   #14
Groin Redbeard
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"I apologize for my mistake master Gildor," Dáin said, "Indeed you might find it harder to distinguish women of our folk from our men." Dáin laughed heartily for awhile.

"I agree with you Gildor," he said again, "Gandalf, we must hear your council. I consider you among the wisest of our company and to delay with your judgement would be folly. Please speak to us about your suspicions, or at least tell us why you stay quite."

"Also, after hearing the words of Galadriel I must ask Halbarad to defend himself against the accusation and give us his say in it."

EDIT:
X'd with Halbarad and everyone since.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:09 PM   #15
Gil-Galad

"In due time my lord Ironfoot. i will decide to vote soon enough, but i feel that i would rather release my suspicions next day. Believe me that it would be better, after the first lynch i can place my thoughts more strongly then, for i suspect the ones i am hinting at is in the currently accused."

xed with lobelia and dain
Old 03-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #16
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groin
Galadriel, my fair lady, you give advice only when spoken to and this is disturbing. Tell us more of your say on the matter, it seems that you hide more than you tell, but please hurry, the night grows ever nearer."
"In a way I can agree with master Dain, it would comfort my thoughts to hear more from the Lady of Lorien, especially on the nature of our fair Lobelia's words and that of others. I hope I am not asking too much from the fair Altáriel."

Radagast turned swiftly to hear Olorin's words, whatever they may be. Sometimes he wondered if things had been any different, or better possibly, if Olorin had been head of the Order. Though, he chased these thoughts away and remembered that greatness was made and not given.

He bowed shortly in a nod of respect to Gandalf's counciling words, and could only wish others might share the same hope.

" Thank you Olorin, I can only hope the same."

He finally rested and thought more on the words shared recently as he drank a little from a waterskin, and fed some of the birds who had been following faithfully through the day. He couldn't help but look up at the Mountain again and think of its treacherous pass, but he resumed his thoughts to here and now.

Thank you also, my feathered friends for your company as well. Though, I would never wish you to follow me through the Mountains, go instead and keep my work and thought amoung your kin while I'm away. Do not worry though, if ever there is trouble for the Company, in our greatest need I can only ask for Gwaihir and his strength.

Edit: x-posted with Gandalf and Dain.

Last edited by THE Ka; 03-25-2008 at 12:40 PM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #17
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
"It is time. The one who looks foulest and is one of the least helpful shall go, even though he is wise and powerful. In other words, my vote goes to Mithrandir, also known as

++Gandalf.

And let it be said aloud: whoever we send away, I'm afraid I'm not expecting good results. Everything seems too easy. O Elbereth snow-white! Please send us guidance!"

edit: xed with Halbarad, Dáin and Tom
Old 03-27-2008, 09:18 AM   #18
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

"There indeed is something troubling in the manner of Iarwain Ben-adar... only, I can't wholly tell what it is. It is weird. Or maybe it is so that I am simply worried by the possiblity that he might be sending his fellow conspirators signs via his ding-a-dillos." Gildor sighed deeply. "This is difficult."

He walked on in silence, then he continued. "This is difficult because it's so silent. People talk little and I myself, for instance, have little to say. It's a vicious circle of remaining quiet. But it can be broken."

Suddenly, he laughed. "I will try. Let me start with this. I do not like the way Lobelia accuses Éomer. I have seen a lot in my years in Middle-Earth and indeed that is the way traitors pretend to be wary of each other in order not to look like friends."

A sad blue hue shaded the Elf-lord's grey eyes. "As for the words of my kinsman Elladan, he said little that would have given reason for his death. I think he was either killed in order not to leave tracks - like I already said - or because Iarwain is a foul conspirator and wanted to kill someone only he had suspected in order to look more innocent, because in normal conditions traitors do not kill those they can turn the mob against." Gildor rested his fair face against his hands. "I truly do not know. Maybe he was killed just to confuse us."

Then he turned his keen stare to the Ringbearer. "Mistress Lobelia, I wish you were less evil. For when you mock and accuse everybody in this company, it remains veiled whom you really suspect of treachery."

Gildor's last words before falling to a silence once again were: "And those of you who did not vote in Eregion... who would you have voted and why? And why did you remain silent?"